Ugghhh... I'm awake, again! - Mothering Forums

#1 of 6 Old 11-14-2004, 07:48 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, it's 3:43 AM and I am awake. It seems like the third time I get up to go use the bathroom my body just decides it is time to stay up. Anyone else experiencing this??? This time, in some attempt at positivity, I thought, "this is good.... when the baby wakes up at this time to feed, I will be used to it!" But, even the baby has good enough sense to be sleeping at this hour - he hasn't even woken up while I eat these yummy dried mango strips (sugar usually gets him moving!).....

Okay, I am a little loopy, not sure if any of that made sense. Happy sleeping to all!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 11-14-2004, 12:16 PM

Delfina,

I feel your pain. I was up at that time last night but not on the computer 'cuz DD was puking for three hours straight. But I have been up at wierd hours a lot lately...and stressing about it because my daytime hours are so busy that I cannot afford to be sleepy and out of it. And 10 more weeks of this to go! Arrgghh! Overall, I know this baby is much easier to care for while it is inside of me...but I am starting to get a bit uncomfortable and crabby...already.

mar
#3 of 6 Old 11-14-2004, 01:09 PM

I can definitely relate!!!!! The first 5 months you couldn't wake me with a bomb. The past 4-5 weeks, however, I wake for the littlest noise!!!!!!!
#4 of 6 Old 11-14-2004, 01:54 PM

geesh, I'd say that 5 nights out of 7 I'm awake for about 1.5-2 hours in the night. I get up to pee (1st, 2nd time, no matter) and I'm just wide awake. I've been reading in bed, or surfing in bed (have wireless- though it's not all that comfy these days).
Surprisingly, I'm not all tired during the day- though I am falling asleep soon after 9pm, which is early for me.

And my baby is definitely UP with me!

It's all par for the course!
#5 of 6 Old 11-14-2004, 03:45 PM

yup, me too. Have been since about week 2. I can't explain it. Usually it's a pee thing, but sometimes I just wake up and there I am, all awake and Dh snoozing away next to me, I can even hear the dog snoring! I sometimes take moon drops (homeopathic and very nice) which help, but I do get a bit drowzy in the am with them and I have to get Dd on the bus at 7:25 (brutal, that). Lunch, breakfast and school bag, not to mention teeth and clothes (minimally!). So there we are ... awake at the oddest hours. Try to nap whenever you can, is all I have for suggestions. andy

Mama to B and O , wife to J and me to me! :
#6 of 6 Old 11-14-2004, 05:27 PM - Thread Starter

Hi Ladies-

It's good to know I am not the only one! Mamabeca- I feel your pain, getting my ds out the door has been a chore!! I guess the nice part about not working is that I am not in so much of a rush. The weird part for me is that I have had trouble napping lately... hopefully this will pass!

Chiromom- I hope your dd is feeling better!! Was it a 24 hour flu?

Malama- wireless in bed.... that sounds nice! It has been snowing here and I would love to curl up in my bed with a down blanket, surf the web, and watch chick flicks....

PS- We should have a little middle of the night chat room that we can all visit if we're up with nothing to do!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page