Horrible Braxton-Hicks - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 12-04-2004, 03:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Last night, while trying to enjoy my ds first grade holiday performance I thought I was in labor!!!! My contractions were all way down low and felt like they were really doing something. Dh wanted to know if i wanted to go to the hospital, but I figured that if it was the real thing it wouldn't stop. But it stopped. Oh well, he will come when he's ready!!

Solo Mum to 4 and loving every minute of it!!!!
#2 of 5 Old 12-04-2004, 03:41 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
so sorry mama...

i did not have braxton-hicks with first three babies, but with this one i get them often. sometimes there will be several eight minutes apart, sometimes random. i have them bad enough where they double me over or i cry out...crazy. my last labor was almost pain-free except for pushing so i am hoping painful contractions now don't mean painful labor later.

i'll be thinking of you, but hang on to your baby a few weeks longer, please.
#3 of 5 Old 12-04-2004, 07:23 PM

In my experience...the more pre-labor contractions I had...the better, faster, less painful labor I had. BH or pre-*labor* contractions are just really really early labor. They actually are accomlishing things! Its a good thing!! I'd rather have a little regularly now than ALL at once the day the baby comes!
#4 of 5 Old 12-04-2004, 10:26 PM

Hey now - I get them frequently too. I spoke to my mws about them - not so much because I was worried, I just thought I'd mention it to them - and they said all is well. They come frequently when I walk quickly, lift or bend a lot etc. Sometimes they come in a quiet moment...sometimes they are frequent with little break in between. I can't say they really *hurt*, but they are def. uncomfortable. I keep remembering that they are "pre" labor and are helping to thin the cervix and prepare the exit chute. It keeps me smiling . I remember having them first time with dd, but perhaps not so often/consistently as this time? It was 6 yrs ago... Anyway, hang in there. These little ones are gunna cook for as long as they can before the universe demands they face front and salute. Cheers! Andy

Mama to B and O , wife to J and me to me! :
#5 of 5 Old 12-06-2004, 04:45 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for all the support!!!!!!!! with only 5 weeks to go, sometimes you get your hopes wrapped around Braxton-hicks, ya know!!!

Solo Mum to 4 and loving every minute of it!!!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page