Artemisia (Judith):1/14
Froggie:1/14 with #2 (GIRL), home waterbirth
Mamamaya: 1/14 with #3, planned UC
Bunches (Mary): mid Jan with #1, homebirth
Chocomoto:1/16 with #3
PamandAbigail: 1/18 with #2
PIOmama: 1/18 with #5
Peace4you (Jen): 1/19 with #1
Nathansmom (norah): 1/19 with twins (BOYS)
Majick1 (Celeste): 1/20 with #3, homebirth
Marysmama (Gen): 1/21 with #2, natural hospital birth
sweetpeasmom (Laura):1/21 Megan, 10-11-04, 1 lb 11 ozs, 13 in
AmyB: 1/22 with #2, homebirth
Babytime: 1/22 with #2 (GIRL)
Mamabeca (Andy) due 1/22 w/#2 , m/w asstd homebirth.
Zonapellucida (Heidi): 1/23 with #7 (BOY), planned UC
Jwhiskeycat: 1/24 with #1
Flyjawn: 1/25 with #1 (GIRL)
Fromscatteredtribe: 1/26 with #4 (BOY),homebirth
Slygrrl (Kathy): 1/26 with #2, homebirth
sadkitty: 1/27 thru 2/1 with #2, waterbirth at birth center
Proudmom: 1/27 with #2 (GIRL), homebirth
Parkersmama (Kristin): 1/27 with #2, hospital VBAC
Human Being (Heidi): 1/28 with #1, homebirth
NadiaSJ (Nadia): 1/28 with #3
Azreial: 1/29 with #2 (GIRL)
HelloKitty (Kitty): 1/30 with #4
icxcnika: late Jan with #2 natural hospital birth
tofumama: late Jan with #3
Jessitron (Jessica): late Jan with #1, homebirth
Zanelee (Jennifer): late Jan with #2
Malama: late Jan with #3
Milk4two (Adria): late Jan with twins
Chiromom (Mar): late Jan with child #3, planning UC
Parthenia: late Jan/early Feb with #2 (still one of us!)
rubysmomjess(Jess): Jan with #2, homebirth

HokieGirl: ? with ? (GIRL)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 47 Old 12-06-2004, 01:14 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi everyone. Gosh, I feel like I havn't been posting in a while. I have been reading everyone's posts, though.

I'm really happy Mamamaya, that you're off the terb. I've not experienced it myself, but I've heard it is yucky. Also, I sometimes feel lots of pressure in my sacral area. Very uncomfortable.

Today was my shower. It was fun. However, now I'm exhausted. It's amazing how tiring opening gifts and stuffing your face with cake can be.

Oh, I think I'll cut this short and post some more tomorrow. I'm beat and my back hurts.

Wishing everyone a restfull night.

Gen
#3 of 47 Old 12-06-2004, 09:59 AM

Hello Ladies,

I hope everyone has a fantastic Thanksgiving. I was in Idaho until the middle of last week, so I didn't get a chance to post.

We are doing great, but are a bit soggy, as it has been raining here in "sunny Arizona" for the past 3 days. What a change in the weather.

Baby Will is still baking away, but giving me some wonderful jabs in my cervix. I went to the OB on Friday and have dialated 1.5 cm, but am still thick. DH and I have been baby dancing to try and move things along. Who knows, maybe a Christmas baby afterall. Although god help the hospital staff if I am in the hospital on Christmas day.

Other than that, all is quiet. DH is traveling to DC for work, so I am sure that I will go into labor while he is gone. Lets keep our fingers crossed that doesn't happen.

Hope everyone has a great week.

Nicole & Will (Edd 1/03)
#4 of 47 Old 12-06-2004, 12:10 PM

32w 4d

All is well here. I am also in "Sunny Arizona," and I have been missing my walks. Oh well, the rain is a nice change. It makes me want to stay inside, under blankets with a good book and eat soup. Of course with a 19 month old that doesn't happen

No complaints. I am waiting for a call from my mw regarding my UA. I had a few proteins in my dip, so she ran a full UA. I have no symptons for preeclampsia or a uti. I think I may just not be drinking enough water.

I am very glad everyone is doing well. Keep those babies in as long as possible.

Proudmom
#5 of 47 Old 12-06-2004, 05:15 PM

Mmm, Thanksgiving was great. This weekend was good, too; the floors are finally done in the nursery. It feels great to move stuff in there, knowing that I won't have to take it out again soon. See the pictures.

This weekend my husband started working on hanging our new pot rack. My gosh, this is a big project. Saturday they tore a huge (4 ft x 2 ft) hole in the ceiling, plaster everywhere. Sunday they kinda patched it. While doing this, they stood on the island, which is counter over metal cabinets, and bent it - the surface was about a 5 degree slope. : I cried. He fixed it, with another trip to the hardware store and lots more cutting and banging. Whew.

Less than three weeks to Christmas! Is everybody ready?
#6 of 47 Old 12-06-2004, 07:10 PM

Having lots of b-h. And my belly button popped this time, too!
#7 of 47 Old 12-06-2004, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam_and_Abigail
Having lots of b-h. And my belly button popped this time, too!
ahhh!! I don't want to hear that. I've already told dh that if my belly button pops this time (it didn't last time) that he is going to have to tape a gauze pad over it until after I deliver

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
#8 of 47 Old 12-06-2004, 10:29 PM

Oh WOW Jess - the baby's room looks AWESOME! I haven't seen such a remarkable change done by owners in a while... usually it's on one of those decorator shows! Really great. Just wondering what you decided to use for a diaper pail. Last time we used these great Rubbermaid pails (big though, about 12 or 15 gallons) with a snap on lid. Kind of a bummer to get the dirties into, but they kept the smell to nil and I never worried about my busy toddler getting into them. I haven't found them and the only one we have left is full of dog food...

My belly button doesn't seem to pop - maybe my layer of fat? Does it actually hurt?

I think this baby has some serious avoidance issues. Whenever anyone tries to feel a kick or movement, he just freezes, hides in the back, etc. It's pretty weird. I thought for sure he'd listen to his sister, but even when she's talking right into my belly button he just hides. She was so patient today, sitting there with me for like 1/2 an hour. Not a single jab. A little while later, the kid is tossing and kicking up a storm...by then she's on to something more entertaining. sigh.

On my walk to day I got serious burning leg cramps. Yesterday I did a longer walk, but not as vigorous (today was with a friend) and no cramps. Do I shoot for the faster walk and slow down if it does hurt, or go for length and slow it down a bit...hmmmmm.

Hope everyone's monday was ok - it's snowed a couple of inches here and the kids are LOVIN' IT! Caio, andy

Mama to B and O , wife to J and me to me! :
#9 of 47 Old 12-06-2004, 11:38 PM

My belly button didn't pop last time, and I was sad. You're born either an innie or an outie, and I'm pretty sure pregnancy is the only time you gt to change that (for innies, anyway)! Last time, my belly didn't get round, it indented at my belly button, in a peanut-shape that I didn't like. I never felt like I really looked pregnant. This time I'm actually getting round in front! It doens't hurt but my button is very sensitive to dd's tickling. Tonight I discovered I can actually push it out to llok like a third nipple! (sorry if that sounds gross - I thought it was neat). It's not actually popped out all the way normally, more of a flatness.

Beautiful nursery!
#10 of 47 Old 12-07-2004, 03:03 AM

I always have a popped belly button. it doesn't hurt or anything, but the skin that was formerly innie is kinda sensitive, IYKWIM. The worst part is that when people see that outie- they just wanna touch it- esp little kids- uggggh.
If it doesn't pop out it could be because of the baby's position (though not for sure). If your baby is generally posterior (facing forward) then you tend to have a dip where the belly button is.

I have had the worst pelvis pain in the past few days and i can't figure out if it's just because the baby's head is there, or if i injured it. If i stay in any one position for too long (even lying down), my next move is horrible.... I love being pregnant in some ways, but I don't like pain!

Jess, your nursery is beautiful.... wow.
#11 of 47 Old 12-07-2004, 05:19 PM

Thanks for all the comments on the nursery! It is pretty now. Seems like it has taken forever. We might get the changing table this weekend, if the weather is good, and then I can store all the wonderful cloth diapers in it.

Do I shoot for the faster walk and slow down if it does hurt, or go for length and slow it down a bit...hmmmmm
I vote for slow.

My belly button is totally out, and has been for months. My baby is posterior, and there is a kind of dip around the belly button, especially when laying down, but the button still pokes out.

If i stay in any one position for too long (even lying down), my next move is horrible....

Malama, ITA. Sleeping, it does help to have one leg straight and the other bent, in front, propped up by two pillows. It still hurts to move, but not as much as if my legs are together with a pillow in between. Is it the same for you?

Last night my midwife told me to take 2mg of melatonin. I slept better than in weeks! Hurray, over 5 hours without waking up!

Mamabeca, I'm wondering what to do about the pail. Some kind of plastic can, I suppose, and a cloth liner for it. There was a cloth diapering site selling cans and liners specifically for this purpose, but now I can't find it.
#12 of 47 Old 12-07-2004, 05:42 PM

My belly button popped both times. It's been sticking out since 24 weeks. It looks kind of funny but my whole belly looks kind of funny so it goes with the package. Mine is kind of sensitive, especially when the baby kicks it.

Soo tired and not feeling very patient. I'm ready to be done working...the whole morning routine to get us all out the door is too tiring.

I think I'm ready to buys some stuff for this baby. Probably don't need a lot. Some more diapers and maybe a couple outfits.

I also need to finish my Christmas shopping. I so wanted to make the gifts this yeear, but I just don't think we'll have the time.

Jess - your nursery is really cute.

Happy Tuesday!
#13 of 47 Old 12-07-2004, 06:08 PM

Feeling so much pressure and movement! I was reading mothering magazine yesterday and had it propped on my tummy when -WHAM! Followed by more wham wham wham. Guess she's trying to chime in on the Nov.Dec issue?

Just feeling great all 'round today, although not great enough to want to cook dinner
#14 of 47 Old 12-07-2004, 08:26 PM

36 weeks & so ready to be done!!!

I am huge. I am so uncomfy! If I can have the baby after Christmas I would be thrilled. I am not due til Jan 8th but cannot imagine how I will ever make it until then.
#15 of 47 Old 12-07-2004, 09:07 PM

Ok, Chanukah mama over here lamed out BIG time tonight. We ate Taquitos (Nate's mmmm) and Latkes after dance class. It was late, I was tired (man I HATE shopping! I spent all day elbow to elbow with fanatical shoppers at BBath and Beyond and Christmas Tree Shop...ugh.), we played a lot of dreydle...hey, I feel great too, but by 6pm I'm starting to seriously droop.

I'm not sure on the pelvic pain...have you spoken to other mw's or anyone like that about it? They may be able to help pinpoint the position of the baby, and maybe some stray limb part that's pressing uncomfortably and causing pain...or not. But I'd keep an eye on it if it's not gone in a day or so. It's just the kind of thing that they'll say later "WHY DIDN'T YOU MENTION THIS!?".

Hey Stacy - I hate to mention this, but babies pretty much cook as long as they need to. My first went 42 weeks. My mom's first went 43 1/2 weeks. Some babes are done at 38 weeks. Just hang in there - it won't be long now. As with so much about being a mom, just be patient...this too shall pass. Also, although it's not too comfy, there are some advantages to being fully preggo - so hit everyone up for the help they willingly give and don't struggle to do everything on your own.

Thanks Jess - I like slow better, too. My friend is a pretty fast walker, but if I say something (or cry or pass out from the pain...:-) ) she very willingly slows down. I wonder if she was a major trooper when she was pregnant...I kind of think she was. Anyway, THANKS for the input. I do appreciate it. Ok - we're back to Twosday - my favorite pregnant day of all! Happy Chanukah!!! andy

#16 of 47 Old 12-07-2004, 10:19 PM

I'm a much lamer Channukah mom, Andy. We're having sushi tonite! very ethnic and traditional, don't you think????
#17 of 47 Old 12-08-2004, 02:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamabeca

Hey Stacy - I hate to mention this, but babies pretty much cook as long as they need to. My first went 42 weeks. My mom's first went 43 1/2 weeks. Some babes are done at 38 weeks. Just hang in there - it won't be long now. As with so much about being a mom, just be patient...this too shall pass. Also, although it's not too comfy, there are some advantages to being fully preggo - so hit everyone up for the help they willingly give and don't struggle to do everything on your own.

Don't I know it............
I had one on time
One early by three weeks
And one 2 weeks late!

I was only hoping that this one might do me a favor and be well done sooner rather than later! It is hard to keep up with school for my other 3 & do anything towards Christmas.....I wanna lay in bed!
#18 of 47 Old 12-08-2004, 04:15 AM

I've had one at 38 weeks and one at 42 weeks. Given that, I could give birth in 4 weeks or 8.... i.e. I have NO clue!!!
#19 of 47 Old 12-08-2004, 09:42 AM

I guess since I was induced at 39 weeks due to PROM, I can't really guess at all what my body does naturally! But I have had a feeling for the entire pregnancy that this one was coming early. I just hope it's not so early that we can't have the hb (or that there are any health problems, of course).
#20 of 47 Old 12-08-2004, 03:02 PM

I feel awful today, I am crampy which my midwife and I have determined is cervical softening, My hormones are racing and I am so emotional!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!
My hips hurt from sitting at this computer but I can't stop. I have things to do, clean my house and everytime I get it somewhat clean someone messes it up again.
I told DH he has "chores" now at night just b/c I have too much to do after dinner to get them done and he hasn't done them yet.
I am so tired, and stressed I am afraid of early labor b/c of the stress.
#21 of 47 Old 12-08-2004, 03:38 PM

Hi Mamas-

Jessitron, wow, you did an amazing job on your baby's room!! That is increadible.

Mamabeca - Your Hanukah dinner sounds great! What else (besides jelly donuts) could you want? We had pizza last night and tonight I am having a few relatives over for latkes. I don't plan on serving anything but latkes, salad, broccoli, apple sauce and sour cream.... Although, there is a small chance it might turn into a chinese food Hanukah because I have never made latkes before! : Hopefully they will work out!

Jesilynne - It sounds like you are a little overwhelmed. At this point in pregnancy I think that is normal. It's great that you were able to ask DH for help around the house, and if all of the chores don't get done - SO WHAT! Your body is doing plenty of work as it is. Just focus on your little one and taking care of yourself.

Anyway, I have been feeling more and more tired. My pubic bone pain is also returning..... By the time night rolls around I am having trouble standing at the sink long enough to do the dishes. I am torn between wanting to have this baby and be more comfortable, and not wanting to give up "pregnancy" - which I really enjoy. Does anyone else feel this way?

I have been pretty crampy lately, but I will have to wait until next Thursday to see if my cervix has changed. I had an apt at 35 weeks and my provider thought it would be okay to wait until 37 for my next one. Hopefully I will have some good news to report then!

Hope you all have a great week!!
#22 of 47 Old 12-08-2004, 04:44 PM - Thread Starter

Hey guys, I can't believe some of us are ready already?!

Jessitron, your nursery looks so nice. It's amazing what wood flooring does for a room. I think it's beautiful.

I wish I were 36 weeks already. I'm worried I won't make it that far. That's my goal, to make it to 36 weeks. I've also had some crampiness lately. Though, I'm not sure if it's just intestinal or something. Last night, I had a ton of Braxton Hicks and they did eventually go away after a hot bath and some rest. I was concerned. I think I over did it with making dinner. I made chicken pot pie from scratch and I guess it was too much standing and chopping and stirring etc.
#23 of 47 Old 12-08-2004, 05:11 PM

Jessitron- your nursery colors are the same as my kids' room. The walls are a warm buttery orange and the ceiling is indigo blue. I intended to paint clouds on it...but never got there. Part of the reason is because they never sleep there and really we just store their clothes and extra toys in there so I never got really motivated to finish. But mine is an older house (like yours appears to be) with hardwood floors and wood trim...so it is really similar.

I am really really big out in front this time and my current complaint is that so much of my maternity clothes doesn't fit anymore!! Lots of tops don't cover my belly or just don't stretch out enough in front. I am going to have a much much more limited wardrobe from here out I think. Oh well.

Mar
#24 of 47 Old 12-08-2004, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiromom
I am really really big out in front this time and my current complaint is that so much of my maternity clothes doesn't fit anymore!! Lots of tops don't cover my belly or just don't stretch out enough in front. I am going to have a much much more limited wardrobe from here out I think. Oh well.

Mar
I'm having the same problem! My tummy sticks way out in front and my shirts aren't covering my belly anymore. I found a couple maternity cami's with the bra built in and I wear those under shirts to make sure the bottom part of my belly stays warm and isn't exposed.
#25 of 47 Old 12-08-2004, 07:08 PM

Hi Mama's! I rarely post on these threads, but I always
read about all of you :
I was really feeling all you ladies this week. I am getting uncomfy (VERY) and I have gave up sleeping on any sort of schedule. Luckily I SAH and am able to just sleep once I am exhausted enough.
Holiday prep is so overwhelming! I have always made most of our gifts and I am wondering how I did it every other year AND had a FT job???

If I can also jump in on the walking topic, I was having a hard time with my walks and wanting to walk fast but not feeling good during them and our doula recommended walking in a slower "march". I mostly lifted my knee higher and took longer steps. I really enjoyed the walk (and my neighbors think I am even more wierd!) and as a bonus, the baby shifted his/her little head more toward the center so my pelvis hurts less.

Jessica
(has anyone else noticed that there seem to be lots of "Jesses" on this?!)
#26 of 47 Old 12-08-2004, 08:05 PM

Jessica, ha ha, we had a thread on the homebirth board for winter babies, and out of 20something respondents, half of them were Jessicas. Crazy huh?

I am torn between wanting to have this baby and be more comfortable, and not wanting to give up "pregnancy" - which I really enjoy.
Delfina, I agree. I haven't reached the really miserable point yet, so maybe that will tip the scales. But I keep thinking about how much harder it will be caring for a new baby than carrying him or her around inside. That makes pregnancy seem pretty good.

Jess and Mar, yes about the shirts! They look doofy riding up. And the pants have to stay lower and lower in order to fit, so some days, the belly shows. That would be okay, except when I wear this big white elastic belt - NOT attractive when it peeks out.

Mar, that's neat that your kids' room is like our nursery. It's also our guest room, so at least some people will enjoy it while the baby is sleeping with us.

Marysmama, chicken pot pie from scratch sounds like way too much work! My DH does all the real cooking now. I cut up the onions and say that I helped.
#27 of 47 Old 12-08-2004, 10:17 PM

35 weeks here.......still feeling tired a good portion of the day (and night). Baby likes jumping on the bladder...soaked three pairs of pants yesterday..need to go out and buy myself those Depends (?) ,diapers of adults. Ironic how just when DS is getting out of diapers mama needs them..

Judith
#28 of 47 Old 12-08-2004, 10:49 PM

Hey all - we are all so funny! And tired, and working so hard at building these babes...a small round of applause (applesauce?) for the mamas!!! Well, I don't feel too huge yet, but I'm just 34 weeks tomorrow. My belly is really facing front, where with dd it was hip to hip. I'm hoping the new shape will encourage a normal delivery. The posterior thing was the pits! My shirts also don't fit too well, and the sky blue panel of the mat. jeans sticks out...about as pleasant as the belt. Noone has actually pointed it out or picked on it yet...

I must say that my dd had a GREAT Chanukah dinner, and wanted the same tonight. We had Chinese instead. Tomorrow, when dh is back in town, I'll probably get around to actually cooking something.

I am often torn between wanting and not wanting to be pregnant any more. I want to be pregnant because it is a totally special and wonderful experience. I am pretty much the only person who can feel this babe move around, mostly because he has this serious problem performing for anyone. Avoidence. I do know how much easier it is now than it will be with him on the outside. AND I def. want to keep the baby in as long as he needs to be in there for a happy birthing. And we DO want a happy birthing. But I'd like it to be over already because sometimes I can't catch a full breath, sometimes I feel like my guts are slowly sliming their way up my esophoegus (there's no spell check on this prgm!), and sometimes because I just want a little bit of the old me back again (who was SHE?!). Selfish, I know. I can still recognize me in the mirror if I twist around and look from the back. My face is starting to puff up a little bit (esp. lips!). Looks weird.

I'm going to try to walk a little slower and march a bit, see if that helps. My friend may not be into it, but then again she may... we're getting toward the cold weather and maybe she'll be gald enough that anyone is willing to get out and walk a bit with her!

CONGRATS to all us mamas doing such a great job holding our petite enfants inside. Let the dust bunnies float. We'll get 'em eventually! Take care all, andy

#29 of 47 Old 12-09-2004, 03:04 AM

Hi everyone...happy chanukah to those of you celebrating...
I am 32 and 6 days, feeling better that I can hold my baby in after some preterm labor with over work. I have slowed down, and feel my iron is up again so I am much better. People say I look better. My back up midwife is here tomorrow, so I know I am almost done with work for a while and that feels great. Someone said, (malama I think) that since she's pregnant she has less time for mama dramas as a midwife, she's busy having her own. I feel ready to just focus on me.

I have that peanut belly you descibed P&A. I wish I was full and round. I am just getting there, liking to poke it out and look rouder, The upside is that its very compact, so not too uuncomfy at all. I feel like I am just looking full-on pregnant now. I want to get some cute belly pics close to term.

It's nice cause my father in law is here, so we got our house spic and span, and DH cleaned the attic this weekend. It is alot easier to have problems in a clean house than in a dirty ,messy one. I feel my head is so much clearer with our space clear, it was severly neglected due to last months bed rest. We are still in the baby room clutter clearing stage you were in before jessitron...I am thinking like chiromom the room will just be toy storage, etc, but it feels important to symbloically make space for the baby in our lives. And it's getting DH to throw crap out, which is great!!! And me too of course.

I registered for stuff, I put a diaper pail on there, maybe that was unnessary? I don't want to get useless stuff or have folks spend bucks on useless stuff. My first regisrty list was super simple, but the later I stayed up making it on-line, the more weird stuff made it's way to the list. I wonder what we really need, and what we'll really get.

I went diaper crazy in the used diaper forum in early pregnancy, and so it'll be fun to see what we actually end up liking and using.

Anyway, take it easy everyone, good luck to you who are close! Birth blessings in case any of you go in the next week or so. I can't believe some of you are good to go, since I am due the end of the month, it all seems a long way away yet. I am trying to get into and savor being pregnant, since it is coming to a close sometime soon...I am excited to give birth when the time comes.

Heidi
#30 of 47 Old 12-09-2004, 08:36 AM

Hi Ladies
wow it's so amazing that the time is almost here. I've just been mainly a lurker lately cuz it was kinda sad that I wasn't along side with you. I wish that I was still pregnant so bad and have had issues with it. I have been talking w/a psychologist since I have been having mild depression but mainly a feeling of guilt and loss over this pregnancy. I'm starting to overcome my feelings and doing better each day Megan is doing superb and she could possibly be home in a few weeks as long as she can tolerate her feeds from a bottle, which we start trying in a few days, then alternating w/bf in the beginning. I'm very determined to bf, so I know it could take some time before she gets the hang of it.
Can't wait to start to read some of your birth stories. Enjoy the last few weeks of your pregnancies, believe me I wish I was having all those "pains" right now, lol

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page