hi! reintroduction, info., questions... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 12-08-2004, 10:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
hi everyone! i've posted here maybe once or twice (in the summer- i'm a teacher), but since going back to work, have had no time (when i get home, time is devoted to my dd-she's being watched my the IL right now). however, i do lurk every day!!! update on lots of stuff... i have a dd (23 months) and am due jan. 4th with a ds. i went into labor with dd at 29.5 wks. and hospital then bedrest for 5 wks. Had her at 35wks. (perfectly healthy, thank God). i have an irritable uterus, and nursed her through this pregnancy (inspiration to some other moms in my same position). i weaned her down to 1-2 times a day, just in case it would be a problem, and recently she's back to more (yummy colostrum!!!) i just use to stop her if i started getting too many contractions. anyway, i posted some time ago (in CAC) b/c my dh wanted our son circ'ed (adamently!). he has since changed his mind (he finally said to me "i respect you as a mother. i see all of the research you put into this and i respect you for that. also, i could get over it if we didn't do it, but i don't think you'd ever get over it if we did; so we don't have to." i wanted to die i was so happy!!!) my doctors thought that i would go early again (about 36-37 wks), but i had an internal today (i'm 36 wks) and my doctor said he really thinks i'm going to make it another week. yeah! i can't imagine having a baby that "late"! lol! i'm a fingertip dilated, 60% effaced and baby's at a -1 station!!! (***midwives, isn't that low?***) well, this catches every one up on me. now some questions: one thing i wanted to know was what time of the day did people go into labor? i always thought most women went into labor in the middle of the night. since i teach, i'm like holy s**t, what if my water breaks in front of my class! i teach anatomy and physiology, so i'd probably just say "and this is what amniotic fluid looks like!" (everything's a learning experience!) it's such a great thing to teach what i do... i have 80 students every semester and by the end of the semester, i have them saying things like "why would anyone NOT breastfeed!" and "oh my God, why would someone circumcise their son?" i have converts every semester!!! YEAH!!! also, i know today is the last day to help someone in need, but i dont' understand what "PM me" means. i really wanted to help somehow. please tell me how! (my mom raised 4 kids on her own, i know what it's like to have nothing). anyway, i think that's it. take care!
keri
jeanna rose 12-26-02 i can't wait for mama's sweet milk to come back!
peter daniel edd 1-4-05 move over sis, here i come!

Keri ~ Wife to dh Mommy to dd 11 whistling.gif ds 9 bouncy.gif  dd 6 1/2 kid.gif 
#2 of 2 Old 12-09-2004, 05:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi Keri, and welcome back!

I'm really interested in your story. I had my first at 34 weeks 1 day due to Premature Rupture of Membranes. I will be 34 weeks tomorrow. I sure hope that I make it to 36 weeks. That is my goal, anyway. They really don't know why my water broke last time. I hadn't had any signs of preterm labor before that. Have you done anything differently this time that you think helped you to not have preterm labor?

I'm so glad that you're 36 weeks, that's great! And, did you notice, our dd's birthdays are 2 days apart? How neat.

Oh, "PM me" means the poster wants you to send her a private message. If you click on the poster's screen name on the left, a pop up box will come up and you can click "send private message to so & so". Private messages are just between you and the person you send them to. They don't get read by everyone else. Hope this helps.

And, my water broke at 4:15 am, baby was born by 1:00 pm that same day.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page