Jan. Mamas Dec. 19-25 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-22-2004, 01:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oops! You're right Lisa... have to go edit that Sorry that you're not crazy about your back-up & hope baby will wait it out until your primary returns!

mamabeca, I love the way you think! Your plan of movies & hot cocoa sounds *divine* to me right now! That's amazing that you helped the baby to turn! Thanks about the belly pics
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2004, 02:33 PM

Yaay Andy, and I thought I was cool because I figured out how to get babe to flip left to right I suspect you now trapped that little one how mine has been since halloween - head down, shoulder on my left hip, bum under my left ribs, feet in my right ribs and side. Owwie, but good to know where all the parts are. I slept all night Monday night on my right side, and this one rotated on it's head and sat on the right, I think I prefer it on the left because I can identify all the parts easier..

I am in the computer lab (aka the basement where dh hides out) and I've managed to email myself a few pics. I just don't understand photoshop, so I'm going to go back upstairs where it's warm and edit them the way I know how! I have a birth announcement I want to create with a belly pic, newborn pic, and one with babe, me and dh, but I really need dh to do the artsy belly shot I want - I want it almost profile, b&w, with my hands to frame belly (and block out boobs) and the lighting just right. I don't think he has the skills for that, but we can hope!

Back in a bit if I can get these cropped right and "decent" - my students sometimes look in my gallery and I'd hate them to see any body parts they don't see during the school year.

Lisa

Lisa, mama to Lauren, Elliot, angel Marion, and baby due in the fall.
Old 12-22-2004, 02:50 PM

wow, I wake up early (and I know it's already midday for many of you!) and there are so many posts. Can you imagine if we were all together in one place- it would probably be a serious bitch session! I know I'm trying to enjoy the end of this pregnancy (my last) as much as I can, and I don't want the baby to come yet, but I dream about being able to sleep, move, and just DO things a little more comfortably.

Stacey- I had to look at your album after someone else mentioned it and your family is beautiful. Your kids are so beautiful (can't think of another word)! I think journaling or just getting out your fears in some way is a good idea. Remember that you CAN doit!

Jesi- sounds like patience is in order! lol! I'm laughing now but have a feeling I'm going to have an experience like yours- with contractions starting and stopping. Your baby will come when s/he is ready- no pushing it! Just rest when you can and go with the flow..... and re: the head itching thing.... are you sure you don't have ukus (lice?)? They are so contagious and the only thing i can think of that would make you feel like there are bugs in your hair (because they ARE bugs in your hair).

Kathy, those pics are so nice! The b&w is great for pregnancy shots. I told my dh that I want him to take some new ones- maybe at the end of this week or next week- and we'll do digital, so can make them b&w on the puter. Thanks for sharing!!!!

andy- awesome baby feels head down. I wouldn't guess it would move again..... they start getting kindsa cramped in there at the end, yk! And from what i've heard, they are more comfortable when they are head down.....

looks like I need to start my day. my house is so dirty and i have no desire to really clean it but i want it clean- sounds like a catch-22..... I know I'll pay the kids to do some of it. but there's much they won't/ can't do.....

aloha,
Karen
Old 12-22-2004, 03:07 PM

Ok, here's my most recent belly - from the middle of last week - http://deadfrog.net/gallery/album20/belly - if you click the links above/right of the pic, the Lisa link will go back to other belly pics and the nursery, or if you are really bored, you can go back to the Lisa and Ryan's Photo Gallery link and see more stuff. I pulled up a pic from our wedding the other day, amazing how my belly compares to those wedding dress pics!

Off to run errands, the snow is pretty deep now, but that's the best part of living in the snow belt! I think this afternoon is going to be a cocoa and movie time for me too, dh won't be home until 5 and I am not in the mood to clean up the big mess I made out of the living room.

-L

Old 12-22-2004, 04:18 PM

woo hoo lisa! I love the shot of just your belly- it's so artistic....might have to "copy" that one!
I hear you on looking at old pics. We went to my sil's wedding before I knew I was pregnant.... all of the clothes I wore (to the many events they had over the weekend) were tight little dresses.... I can't even imagine at this point. I mean my maternity clothes are feeling a little small on me!!! This is the first pregnancy that I bought any and I really thought I'd have plenty of room.... and I'm not that big! WTF?!?!
Old 12-22-2004, 04:32 PM

You guys are all so beautiful! Now, I'm scared to post a pic of me, lol.

Hehe...I hear ya on the clothes thing. I officially have not a single item of clothing left that fits. All I have left is one of two options- wearing one of my mom's mumus (I don't think so) or 2- one of dh's smaller aloha shirts (again, I don't think so) . I'm going to have to go to wal-mart, of all places and see if I can find some stretchy shorts or something. I don't want to spend any more money on clothes, but I can't walk around naked! I keep looking at all of my old stuff, with a sigh - I know it will be a long time before I can wear you again, my friends.

Jesi - I hear ya on the itchy head! Mine is driving me crazy!!!! I am so paranoid about ukus - I've been having my mom and dh check my hair every night, but thankfully there are none. It must be hormones or something because I don't even have dandruff. Here's to you having your sweet little baby soon.

Anyways, we got up a little while ago and it is raining SO HARD! It looks like its still night, but its almost 8:30 am. I don't know what we'll do for today...maybe trek into Honolulu and do the whole christmas at the mall thing. It rarely rains over there - and I could use some pants.

Is anyone else's family driving them absolutely bonkers with the calls yet? I keep getting these breathy, desperate calls from relatives (mostly the elderly female ones, although my grandpa did call once) -"Are you okay?" No, I'm not okay. I'm sitting here, having the baby, bleeding to death, missing a limb, yet I've called no one . I've actually stopped answering the phone, because I'm so sick of them.

Happy Solstice everyone! (I was kind of hoping I would have the baby today, so I could name her Solstice, but oh well)
Old 12-22-2004, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamaya
You guys are all so beautiful! Now, I'm scared to post a pic of me, lol.
EVERY pregnant woman is beautiful!!! Please post one- it's so nice to be able to link a face (and belly) with a name!!!
Old 12-22-2004, 06:56 PM

Hehe I barely fit in my maternity stuff at t'giving, buttons were popping everywhere, and my pants don't stay up at all! I told poor dh that he shouldn't expect to see me in anything other than pjs after my last day of work, and I've been doing just that - I have 2 of grandmas size 2x nightgowns, dh's robe, a few sweatshirts that are xl that barely fit over belly, and a pair of yoga pants and 2 pj pants that I can get up over my belly. Everything else can go into boxes for all I care! Ok so I realize I'll need some of them for a few days after baby, but I'm so tired of them too! Ugh! I'm wearing my yoga pants and a sweatshirt to xmas celebrations, there is no way to get me into clothing any more!!!

Ran errands in the snow - I think I went on every single major freeway around here, and by far the one coming home was the worst. Stopped for gasoline too, and got some on my pants, so it's time to get back into the pjs! Dinner is in the crock pot (oooh I love days where I'm smart enough to do that!) and the dog is tired out. Stopped to see my coteacher, he lives near my mom and grandma, and he was bummed that I didn't have the baby yet. He took such good care of me this year, has been pampering me at work constantly, nice guy.

And since I long ago gave up on shoes with laces, I of course have cold feet from walking in the snow to the house - even my tallest clogs couldn't protect me.

Talked with my best friend from high school earlier - she thinks she's about 10 weeks pg, but not sure, she's nursing dd who is 13 months, and can't remember if she had a period in Nov. or not. She knows she had one in Oct. because it was heavy and she thought maybe she miscarried then. I don't know if I'd want 2 under 2, my brother and I are 18 months apart and it was really tough on my mom, but I do enjoy having a sibling close in age.

Mmm.. dinner really smells good.. I think tomorrow is a soup day.

Lisa

Old 12-22-2004, 07:40 PM

Ooooh itchy people - I can't find the article, but somewhere in the archives of midwiferytoday.com is a reference about itchy skin and scalp being a sign that your liver is tired at the end of pregnancy. I'm totally scratchy too, especially my forhead and sides of my belly, and some days my legs and scalp. I'm looking for it... looking....

Found it!

Often, one of the most irritating nuisances of pregnancy is itching skin. In general, this is caused by an overtaxed liver. My usual recommendation is to take dandelion root tincture (Taraxacum officinale) twice daily. As the liver is nurtured and strengthened, the itching will stop, or at least lessen considerably. Yellow dock (Rumex crispus) is also good for itching. Both of these plants are mildly cathartic (help to empty the bowels), and diuretic, which is useful to remove the toxins from the stressed liver.

Old 12-22-2004, 07:54 PM

Makes sense. I usually take yellow dock because I have a weak liver. Haven't been taking it lately because they didn't have any at the health food store. I'll go get some dandelion though. Thanks!

I think I might be a tad anemic. I have large dark circles under my eyes, and underneath in the inside is pale colored. (Nevermind that I'm dog ass tired) Would it be worth it to have the midwife do a panel at this point? I never had one at 20 weeks like they usually do. Or should I just keep taking chlorophyll and dandelion tincture?
Old 12-22-2004, 08:00 PM

Hey as far as clothes, I've barely even been wearing maternity clothes, but I highly recommend yoga/jazz pants. I have this pair I got at a thrift store that are amazing. They are stretchy, but don't have an elastic or drawsrting at the top, just a weird wide band that you're supposed to fold over, but comes right to my belly button line. They are the best. Off to check out pics.

btw, I had my second and hopefully last appt at the obs clinic today and my blood platelets were a bit low. Anyone know anything about this?
Old 12-22-2004, 09:03 PM

Hey Lisa - nice belly! I love it! I think the snow is passing us by, and this is somewhat sad. A white x-mas would've been cool. Oh well. It got quite warmish today, up in the low 30's, and tomorrow it's supposed to rain. Aw heck. Went x-mas shopping with dd - OMG is it ugly out there. Only Williams Sonoma had the knife rack (you know, the magnet kind that you put on the wall), and all the boxes were TRASHED. Ugh. So we went to like 6 stores and got majorly jostled, famished, and tired, but no giftee for the big fella. sigh. I guess I'll try again tomorrow. ugh. As for clothes, I have the same three pair of pants, and about 4 or 5 shirts that I layer up. I have two great sweaters (both honestly come by), and a pea coat (thank god for Goodwill!). And that's about it. In some ways, being able to use the layers and just sort of swap and wash and swap them around again, it's kind of good that it's winter and noone really looks at my clothes anyway...do they!? Well, better go do something about dinner. Aloha! (PS - thanks for the advice Karen. I think I'll change the appt. so that the ass't isn't going to be able to come and then I can chat with the other two mw's about how I'm feeling. I just HATE sounding complainey...kwim?). andy

Mama to B and O , wife to J and me to me! :
Old 12-23-2004, 04:58 AM

Thanks for all the kind words about my family......they are such lovely people & I have been such a grump lately....I feel bad about that.

I finsihed up Christmas shopping tonight. I find the more I walk around the more the BH contractions get going.

How about the itiching, eh? Tired liver.....who would have guessed. Mine must be exhausted cause I itch all day~~especially on my arms & legs where it just never ends.

You all still seem so perky.....I must be the only witch in the bunch!!!

Maybe some of that midwest high pressure will put one of us into labor.

Hope you all take care during this hectic weekend!!!
Old 12-23-2004, 10:49 AM

Insomnia city here.
As if I'm not crabby enough during the day, I have to be awake at night too so that I'm MORE tired in the day. ugh.

I had myself a pity party today. Was sewing and thinking about how not into my friends I am these days and how it's kinda of a crappy time to be this pregnant- everyone is so busy. I'm not sure what I want/ expect, but except for my wonderful dh, I'm not feeling very supported.
When he got home this afternoon and gave me the slightest bit of attention, I burst into tears (which I've been probably needing to do for awhile). As usual that freaked him out. He doesn't cry and just doesn't get that sometimes I need to release like that. For the rest of the evening, he kept asking me how I was- incessantly..... after all these years you think he'd get over seeing me cry and just deal!

I'm dreaming about escaping with my family to a hotel or something.... but then I wouldn't be comfy away from my bed and my kitties and all that. It's just a fantasy..... just trying to escape my life (which is really good, just not when I'm hormonal!).

I'm surprised we haven't had any babies in our "club" yet. The list at the beginning of the thread is huge though and I don't know who most of those people are.... maybe they are the ones having their babes! Someone in Feb (I just saw) had a preemie the other day..... not that we need another preemie, but hey, many here are term already, eh?

I think baby has finally gone back to sleep. When I was first waking up s/he was having a serious party in there- with mega big stretches from side to side adn there was just no way I could ignore it. Typical- better get used to it.

Hope you all have a lovely morning.... i will HOPEFULLY be snoooooozing!
Old 12-23-2004, 01:14 PM

I do hope this catches Karen snoozing. Dd let me sleep until 9:20 today - some days I just LOVE this kid and wanna squeeze her till I can get some of that goodness essence out (so I can use it over and over)... she's just wonderful. I do know what you're feeling, though Malama... I'd love to scoot outta here for a short while too. Just leave the mess, clutter, chores, errands... it's just endless. And other times I'm so blessed and I really feel it. I watched Pay it Forward last night (anyone need a good cry - that'll do it!). I sat there blubbering and shaking and dh just froze. HONESTLY! Well, it was worth it 'cause I really felt a LOT better after the cry.

Anyone making and freezing food? I've stocked up on some food, like Nate's Tacquitos (the soy kind), chicken, gr. beef from a cool natural farm, and also some waffles (YEAH!)...comfort food. It's the veggies that will come and go so quickly and need replacing...and dh just does NOT support buying organic veggies...and I just do not EAT the other kind in my own home (somewhere else is ok, though - go figure!). So I guess baby and I will be making limited foray's out to the store even by the end of the first week. Anyone planning a real 'confinement'? My friend Jen, with her 3rd, didn't leave home for almost 3 weeks. Wow - I was sort of impressed and also sort of shocked since she has 2 older ds' who are not old enough to cook or look after themselves... and her dh (at the time) was a total nincompoop about helping. I don't know how this will all play out over here, but I'd love a whole week to just veg and recover before making our way into the world! And the thought of people touching the little monkey in that first week really kind of creeps me out (talk about GERMIES!). Well, I think I've had a pretty good rant so far. Sorry if I creeped anyone out! I'd better get this morning cooking. Talk to ya later! Andy

Old 12-23-2004, 01:16 PM

Wow, we got hammered with snow.
Last night dh and I finally went out for a tree. We drove 1/2 way across the city in the snow to the nursery that has potted trees so we can plant it in spring. It took forever in the slush and snow, and it was hysterical to watch dh wrestle this thing in the snow into a shopping cart and then into the van. It's awfully cute though!

So today we wake up to find at least 14" of snow (that's what I can see on top of the neighbors picnic table) and last night we left my van out, and dh's car in the garage. Oh well. My dad managed to get his car stuck in their driveway, NASA (dh's work) has a snow day, and his boss is stuck at the airport trying to get home to Chicago. It's lovely. It's STILL snowing too.

The only way we are even going to try to leave the house today is if I go into labor. And that might be by way of EMS, since they can probably drive down the street but I'm not sure that the car or van can! I don't think we'll be going today though, baby knows that it's cold outside and that it's today or wait until Jan 3, since mw is going on a cruise.

I actually slept really well last night, except for the 6 times I had to get up to pee. The night before that I hardly slept, so if I can keep on an every other night schedule, I might survive. It's those 2 nights in a row that I hate!

Going to shower and clean up the living room and bedrooms, nothing else to do today except make snow angels, and we don't even own boots!

Lisa

Old 12-23-2004, 02:02 PM

5:30 AM here.

It must be something about the Hawaiian air, Karen. I don't think I slept at all last night. Well, I must have, because I'm not dead tired, but I don't remember sleeping...I finally got up around 5, because my stomach was growling. There is cat barf (or poo) on the floor. Can't tell which, but I'm not cleaning it up. If people would just empty the cat box like they're supposed to, it wouldn't happen -and I'm pregnant so HA!

I'm sorry you're not feeling supported That's rough. I don't have any wise words of advice or anything, but please know you have us! We care! Also, it sounds like you're not getting enough sleep -you need some rest girl.

Killick, Jesilyne - Where are you guys? Did you have those precious babes? I know you were both having signs of impending labor....also there are a few others who are due in just a couple days that we haven't heard from. amybe its just because its the holidays or something? I'm sure some of us must have had the baby by now.
Old 12-23-2004, 02:31 PM

Jess, sorry about your grandmother. That was a really crappy way to find out.

For all you snowbound moms, I'm sorry. I remember how hard it is to navigate the ice, slush and snow with a huge belly. BE CAREFUL!!!!!

Solo Mum to 4 and loving every minute of it!!!!
Old 12-23-2004, 04:34 PM

Good morning.... slept til almost 8am.... can't sleep any later than that because I always have to go to the bathroom in the am

It was good to get out my rant last night. I'm not not supported, but am just so emotional and everything seems to get to me. I know I'm not the only one!

andy, I didn't leave the house with either son for a week. Both times it was to get a PKU test (and also birth certificate) and now we do them bedside, so other than maybe wanting to visit with the pedicatrician- which I won't be rushing to do, I can't see why I'd leave.

How exciting to see so much snow! You snowed in mamas should all stay in- doesn't it get very slippery to drive or walk? I love the way the snow looks and if it's clear at night now there, I bet it's just twinkling under the moonlight.

I haven't thought at all about food for postpartum andy. I don't think I'm having my baby soon though, so it's not an issue (in theory, anyways). I probably will stick some soup in the freezer..... hmmmm another thing to think about. My mom is coming on Jan 23rd, but I just feel like we'll already have the baby by then- so she wouldn't be here for the immediate pp period.

TIme to go eat. My boys are making french toast- read- big mess......
Old 12-23-2004, 05:51 PM

Not a contraction in sight, but I think I have frostbite on my legs,
I was out all day yesterday and IT IS COLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW, now it's not lice, It's just REALLY DRY IN MY APARTMENT.
I am really exausted too, I can't seem to get to sleep before 1am anymore.
Then last night ds woke up hungry ( growth spurt) at 1:30 am.
I was up for the next hour, so I slept in til 10 am and I think I missed UPS and the rest of my birth supplies, which I might add i paid extra on shipping for rush and KEEP MISSING THE UPS GUY
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH H

Okay i'm better now!
Merry Christmas Everybody!!!!
Old 12-23-2004, 06:54 PM

Woohoo!!!! Just got off the phone with mw, and I'm now a negative!!

Golly gosh, I'm a little excited. Anyhow, I had her check my urine for gbs, recheck the vag swab to culture for abx sensitivity, and a regular vag swab because I've had some discharge, and I wasn't sure if it was yeast or BV. Anyhow, everything came back negative, no yeast, no BV, no significant gbs, nothing in the urine, life is good as I know it. Woohoo!

So we decided that we'll do the risk factors thing - I'll take the abx if there is a fever or ruptured longer than 12 hrs, and otherwise I just have to convince baby and my body to make a fast delivery.

The snow has stopped, poor dh made me lunch, and I think we might go out and brave the weather. We need cheesecake making stuff, and I think we need to get a new springform pan as well, and my brother still needs a gift too - he needs kitchen gadgets!

-Lisa

Old 12-23-2004, 07:51 PM

Hello - reality check here...it's like 60 and POURING rain out... is this the NE or what?! When I was in college (in California), I put my name into a drawing for a free plane tix to Hawaii ... and WON! Actually I didn't win (I never win!), my bf did, but that was good enough for me! We spent a month on Kauai (best damn month of my LIFE). 'Course it was January, which for Hawaiian people reads rain, and for the rest of us reads a month in Hawaii doesn't matter WHICH month, but I tell you the rainy days were just like this! Monsoon-ey. Wow. Anyway, I fell asleep and it was in the 40's and rainy; I woke up and it was nearly 60 and rainy - I only slept for an hour! Rip Van Andy...

Life is good. Congrats Lisa on all your -'s! I'm really so happy that you won't have to deal with iv's/abx unless you actually really NEED to ... which makes some sense, doesn't it! You guys have had more snow days in the last two weeks than you seem to have had in the last two years! KAZOOMBA! I guess you needed them. I hope you found something useful for dear brother. I made it to a kitchen store today that was kind, curteous, attentive and a pleasure to purchase from. I got dh exactly what I wanted to get him, for exactly the price I wanted to spend (actually there was enough left over for a bottle of Laphroaig), and did it without ONCE getting bumped, and in less than 20 minutes. YEAH!!! Seriously makes me question mall-hood. Ugh. Well, I'm typing and alternating with bites of Soy Delicious Chunky Mint Madness...oh WHY do they make this stuff! ... so I really must go and get it back into the freezer (you mean I could have put some in a bowl?!) before it melts into the keyboard. LOL! Andy

Old 12-23-2004, 08:22 PM

Oh Boy! This has become quite a chatty group lately, page 5!!

The Rockettes were awesome. It was worth staying out until 11pm for. Though I am still tired two nights later.

Yesterday was my birthday and dh got me a gift certificate for a manicure AND a pedicure. I am so excited. They're all booked up until after new years but as soon as I can I am getting in there for some pampering. I think the baby dropped since it has suddenly become hard to walk and over night most of my shirts got too short. I'm kinda nervous about this becuase ds did not drop until less than a week before being born and everyone has been telling me that I should even expect a 2nd baby to drop. Plus I'm not due until Jan 29. Also for the last week I keep thinking that it won't be long for the baby becuase I just have to get to 36 weeks!! I don't know where I came up with that. Lets hope that the little one will be coming after 36 weeks.

DH just finished making dinner so I am off to eat

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
Old 12-23-2004, 09:45 PM

Az, is there something special at 36 weeks? If the baby comes really soon, will it change anything about your birth plans? Glad the Rockettes were worth it!

Andy, great job on getting the baby to turn. What kitchen store did you go to? We have an awesome one here, a local one. We always spend way too much there. What the heck is Laphroaig?
Oh, and on the midwife's assistant that you don't like - don't worry about sounding complainy. If you don't like her vibes at the birth, her presence could lengthen your labor. That's more work for you and for the midwives, so it's to everyone's advantage if you tell them how you feel.

Lisa, love the artsy photo! Congrats on the negatives. Given that, why would you take abx after only 12 hrs of ruptured membranes?

Malama, those phone calls sound really annoying. Thanks for telling about your baby's little party - that's cute. I love it when that happens. Wouldn't it be great if the baby would do that while DH was watching?

Pam, low platelets? What will those OBs find for us to worry about next?

Quote:
I actually slept really well last night, except for the 6 times I had to get up to pee
The little ironies of pregnancy.
We have a new bed, with a tempur-pedic mattress. DH is crazy about it. It's better than our old one with nothing soft on top. It's a king size, and that's great for my six pillows. Oh, and I got one of those C-shaped body pillows at the local maternity-and-babies resale shop for $10 today. What a deal!

We're freezing some food, yep yep. I'm freezing leftovers instead of eating them. I'm sure it'll all be gone before we get our house cleared out after the birth.

Jesi, that's kinda funny about UPS, after you payed for faster shipping. I hate it when they don't leave the package at the door or the apt office. Your baby will stay in until you get it.

Photos! My new belly photos are up on the website.
http://www.cirerrek.addr.com/girl
The first two photos of me are the most current. There's a picture of the giant new bed toward the bottom of the page.
Old 12-23-2004, 09:58 PM

Karen,

The package just arrived with the new mama set. Thank you so much! This is a great present! All the skin products look great, and the little washcloth is cute, and the bag it comes in is excellent. That will be perfect for carrying my myriad vitamins and homeopathics for the trip. Thank you thank you!

Jessica
Old 12-23-2004, 11:24 PM

sounds like everyone (who's posted anyways) is having a good day!

andy is in Hawaii
Lisa is negative
Jessica got some goodies and posted some great new pics.... sure there's more but who can remember everything?!?!
Jessica, we also have a temperpedic thing on our bed- it's only a couple of inches thick, but I'm sure it saved me from wanting to buy a whole new bed.

I've been trying to nap all afternoon, but baby is still partying and hiccuping.... and believe me, this is normal for this baby, so dh, the kids and many friends have seen it. i'm sure it'll be a fun baby!

Azriel- Happy Belated Birthday! manicure and Pedicure- ah, heaven. Where my mom lives (in LA) you can get a pedicure for less than $10- I always get one when i visit- but here, I'm sure it's triple that.... not enough competition i guess.

I've been working so hard on my quilt and I have only few blocks left to do! I'm thinking that I could actually have the whole thing done before the baby is born. I'm so happy about that! I love FINISHED projects!
Old 12-24-2004, 12:18 AM

Andy, heheeh dh told me that it was 60 about 140 miles from here. I didn't believe him. Turns out at that point today it was 0 in Chicago, 16 in Toledo, 24 here, and 60 in West Virginia.

We decided to brave the snow, and spent nearly an hour chipping the ice off of my van while it warmed. We also realized what idiots we are, living in Ohio and we don't own boots! I had some last winter, but the soles cracked and I tossed them, DH has no clue where his went when we moved. So tomorrow we may be out shopping tomorrow for some. Also tried to get some salt, as I managed to get the van stuck twice in the driveway (our driveway is only 2" longer than the van!!) and he had to dig us out all the way to cement. But every store in town is out of salt at this point. Sears told us to come back at 9:45 as they will close at 10 and expect a truck right before closing with salt.

Happy birthday Az!

Jessi, that's my ultra conservative time limit I'll refuse them for sure until 12 hours or longer, but given the + first and now a -, I know I have them, I just also know that the acidophilus and echinacea are helping to control them. Apparently the culture has to be greater than 50,000 bacteria to be a positive, the risk isn't there if it's less, so I suppose at any point it could go back up. The risk factor I think is 18 hrs. but I don't intend to even be in labor that long if I can help it!!!

MW was funny when I talked to her, it's like she knows I got a bad vibe from backup mw - she told me that she'd be back from her trip on the 2nd and her pager would be back on as soon as she got off the plane, and that she fully expected to meet up with me at l&d in the tub on the 3rd.

Malama, I hear you on active babes. This is my first, and everyone kept telling me at 34 weeks to expect less movement, but I swear it's all been faster and longer awake baby since 30 weeks. Now it's just funny because my entire belly moves instead of just parts of it poking in and out. The hiccups are becoming less and less, but the spinning and stretching is not. I swear this babe will either walk at 6 months or never sleep.

Came home from the snowventure to a big pot of soup ready, aaah! I've been trying here and there to freeze some meals, and I managed to get a few dozen meatballs and some sauce done, a small batch of chicken soup, and I'll probably freeze this soup from tonight too. Easy things that make you feel good in the winter.

DH is heading back out to the driveway, he thinks he's going to shovel the other half before the lady who rents upstairs from us gets home. HA! He's got his ipod, gloves and a hat, and no boots!!!

Lisa

Old 12-24-2004, 01:05 AM

Happy Birthday Az! Did you make a wish when you blew out the candles? I think babies are especially able to 'get' the birthday thing...that's how I got dd to come out last time. I told her like a dozen times that we'd throw a big party for her birthday but she'd have to come out first. She was out the next day! Well, with a lot of effort. Anyway, I hope too that your baby stays in for a few more weeks, because before 36 weeks babies tend to stay in NICU for a while, their lungs can't quite process air and they need the warmth. So keep cooking! The cooking store is a local thing, I think it's called Different Drummer Kitchen something or other. It was great to get some SERVICE!!! Laphraoig (sp?) is a really good aged scotch whisky that he enjoys. It's expensive, and we don't buy much booze, so it's a real treat for him! He'll savor it for about 3 months!

Even with an hr. long nap today I'm still feeling tired . And my mom asked if she could stay overnight here the day of the shower (the damn thing ends at 2:30pm and it's only 2 1/2 hrs. back to Manhattan... WTF! : ) and I should have spared myself and said no, but I figure I have friends coming too, and they can buffer, and then maybe I'll go to sleep for a couple of hours and then it's almost time for dh to be home with dd from skiing. So like the fool I am I said yes. I don't think she's planning to stay for Sunday, just coffe and bagel and out the door. Then again, maybe it'll snow...a lot! and she won't make it at all... fat chance. It never snows when I need it to snow. Anyone want to trade moms for a week? Like that wife exchange show? I saw a bit of it last week flipping around, and dh and I roared! It was truly hysterical how different people are, and how clearly that is marked when you live in their home. Not that I approve of the show, or it's style, but it WAS funny!

I hope everyone is cool/warm enough, tired enough and happy enough to get a GREAT night's sleep!

Old 12-24-2004, 01:38 AM

Well, we had another OB appointment today. Seems I really did lose my plug last week. The only thing I was disturbed about was the amount of blood/mucous there was, but I had asked him to check me.

Anyways, today I am over 2cm dialated and 70% effaced. The OB expects me to make it through the weekend, but that I should have the kiddo within a week either direction of my due date. He mentioned inducing, if I wanted to, but has never once pushed the idea. Just said it was an option. We're not going to unless there is a medical reason, but it's comforting to know thhat he is cool with that and not pushing for medical interventions like that.

Well, DD has been out of school all week since they are closed, and we are beat. I have another appointment on the 28th, so I will update more later. Who knows... Sunday is a full moon and I totally believe in the old wives tales that more kids are born on a full moon, so maybe I'll just make it through the holidays.

Happy Holidays!
Nicole
Old 12-24-2004, 07:00 AM

All right. Finally - I figured out how to do this. Here I am The picture is taken at a weird angle, so Makai looks kind of dead or something ? :LOL (Notice I'm sporting the semi mumu )

Anyways, spent the day Christmas shopping. I am sooooo tired.

Killick - hang in there mama. I bet you have the baby this weekend.

Happy B day Az!!!

User Tag List