Jan. Mamas Dec. 19-25 - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-24-2004, 07:14 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
can't open it mamamaya.... even tried a different browser.
But I'm sleepy anyways and will check in the morning- after I've had an EXCELLENT night sleep!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2004, 08:13 AM

Thanks for all the birthday wishes mamabecca I didn't blow out the candles yet. We're going to be doing that tonight at my mother's. The bakery where I have to have my cake from is about 30 miles from my house, in the city where I used to live/my mother lives, so since we are going to mum's tonight for her xmas thing dh ordered the cake for tonight. Ofcourse I would have much rather have had the cake Wednesday night for my actual b-day. I hate hate hate having to share my birthday with christmas. Even as a small child I didn't really like christmas becuase my birthday would totally get brushed aside. Wow that sounds really selfish.

Anyway it 5:02AM and I've been up since like 2:45. I tired going back to sleep for over an hour but once I could see that wasn't happening I got up to get jump start on my christmas baking. Well I only have 2 eggs, not enough chocolate for even 1 cake, less than 1C milk, a couple of sticks of butter, oh yeah and the flour is almost out!!! Oh well there goes that plan I suppose its off to the store as soon as it opens for me

Mamabecca I plan on trying to keep that baby in for as long as I can. I don't feel even close to ready. I even stopped getting things ready I want this baby to know that we are NOT ready for her yet and she needs to stay in that nice warm quiet cozy home for just awhile yet.

Is anyone else having crazy birth dreams? I don't know if its just my fear for the little one coming eary or what but all week, since she dropped, I've been having tons tons of birth dreams. All of them involved my giving birth at home, either here or the house I grew up in, without dh. In one I was looking down to see if I could see the baby coming out, how on earth that would even be possible at this point I can't even imagine and my "hole" looked like the hole of a turkey the neck side. I could even see a spine :

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
Old 12-24-2004, 12:52 PM

Ok Az, that's some pretty weird dreamin! I've had a few weird ones, too, but nothing too dramatic. No spines! I hope birthday cake makes it a little better hee hee hee. Sounds like we're all willing to hang in there a while longer, which I think is good. It's hard, but it's better. Lots of hugs to all! I'm off to walk doggie for a while and dd veggies in front of the tivo. I hate that thing! I wish she'd come with, even in the stroller, but she really doesn't want to, really wants to watch tv (which she's not allowed to do during the school week, so I kind of allow it more on holiday). Whatever... hope it's a great day!!! Andy

Mama to B and O , wife to J and me to me! :
Old 12-24-2004, 04:38 PM

ok, hopefully I fixed the link. otherwise I have no idea how to make it work.
Old 12-24-2004, 05:09 PM

It worked, mamamaya! yay! You look great and your kids are just beautiful (even asleep!)

It's a beautiful day here and I think we're going to go the beach so I can soak my tired and achy body. I'm worried there will be tons of people, but maybe I can hope that they're all doing some last minute shopping??

Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday (not that I'm going anywhere, but in case I don't log on again - yeah right)... maybe we'll have some christmas baby (s)? I went into labor with my older ds on Dec 24th, 1992, but he wasn't born until the 27th. so we'll be celebrating his bday soon!!!

ALoha,
Karen
Old 12-24-2004, 05:32 PM

Its nice there?!!! Its pouring rain here I say go to the beach. There is nothing better. The salt water feels so good on your joints and swollen body parts, lol.

Happy b-day to your son! I went into labor on Dec. 27th with my first, but he wasn't born until the 1st. I'm not holding out hope for labor to come anytime soon.

Mele Kalikimaka!!!
Old 12-24-2004, 05:44 PM

It's nice we have the sun for a change..... Hilo is notoriously VERY wet, yk. My dh is in town already and doesn't think the sun will stay all day, so we're going to go for an "earlier" day at the beach. I can't wait to get my "swollen parts" into the cool water, lol!

Funny, we both had labors like that for the first. My second was born in about 4 hours of real labor though, so I'm hoping this one is more like the 2nd!

Much Aloha and Mele Kalikimaka to you too!

Karen
Old 12-24-2004, 06:01 PM

Hehe...mine too! It was about 2 hours. But my pregnancy has been progressing much like my first, and I'm pretty sure the baby has lodged itself into a lovely OP position, so, again, I'm not holding out much hope. We'll see. They always say the third is the wild card.
Old 12-24-2004, 08:23 PM

Crazy beach going gals in Hawaii, I'm soooo jealous, I'm currently hunting through all the clothing in the house for a sweater big enough to fit over my belly so we can go to MIL's house for dinner. Oh joy of joys.

We went driving into the city - where they can't plow most of the streets, to my mom's this afternoon - I was sure if there is any truth to the aerobics class, walking on a curb, or jumping on a trampoline myths that this road adventure would put me into labor for sure. It was a painful ride, yet nothing exciting. I'm glad we didn't get stuck. It's actually interesting driving over there, the locals have managed to make one set of tracks down the middle of every street, so you have to look 2 blocks ahead to make sure there isn't anyone coming who needs to pass. Too much snow.

Dh had a craving for hot dogs for lunch (ick!) and now my belly hurts. Hopefully the inlaws have something better planned for dinner.

Happy Christmas, I'll probably be gone until Sunday, we've got the marathon of driving around town tomorrow from family to family. I'm SO looking forward to next year when we have a babe here and can tell them to pick xmas or t'giving, but not both.

Lisa

Lisa, mama to Lauren, Elliot, angel Marion, and baby due in the fall.
Old 12-25-2004, 12:10 AM

Mamamaya - you AND your boys are beautiful! It's wonderful to see you (read meet you visually). I DIG the semi-mumu...only wish I could...

Busy day with pies, cookies, errands etc. but it's nearly all done now. Just some frosting/decorating left to do, and get the gifties under the tree. WHEW! It was a wonderful cold clear day here today. I know that sounds strange to you warm-weather mamas, but I really do enjoy the seasons, and when it's all a-jumble it makes me a little nutty (as if!).

What are you all thinking about for baby announcements? I noticed on Mamamaya's photo site that Yahoo Pictures does cards...has anyone tried their products in print? I don't think I want to go to the trouble of printing them at home (btdt with dd, and WOW was it ever WAY harder than anticipated), but I also don't want to spend a fortune, given that property taxes are also due end of Jan. (ouch). Saving enough for the homebirth, the holidays and taxes is ENOUGH! So if you have any good ideas, let me know.

How about if everyone shares their best and worst x-mas gifts this year - a chance to ooh and aah for each other, and to commiserate! Last year I got a box of macadamia nuts from my brother (the one I like!) and a cashmere sweater from dh (ok, too small and WHAT a color , but the thought was AWESOME!)...can hardly wait to see what's under the tree for this year!

Happy Christmakah! Andy

Mama to B and O , wife to J and me to me! :
Old 12-25-2004, 01:58 PM

Hehe Andy, I understand you on the weather thing - usually Dec. here is an ugly mix of rain, sleet, snow, a few warm days, more rain. I'd rather just have a nice crisp fall, cold winter, and hot summer.

Xmas gifts - well dh got me an ipod, which I've been begging for so that I could load it full of all of my favorite music to take to hospital for labor. I was expecting a used one from ebay, but the demand is so high this year that the ebay prices were the same as the apple store with his student or my teacher discount. So I got a new shiny one, and oh boy it's the coolest. He loaded something like 30 hours of music on it already for me, and I have another dozen cds I'd like to add, but it's been a great toy so far. I think my parents got me a coat tree, we don't have a closet for guests to hang coats, and we could really use something. The inlaws "cancelled" gift giving for anyone but the children under 12 a few weeks ago - long after I had already gotten them gifts and wrapped them, so we'll see if they have anything for this babe, if not, then that's the extent of the xmas fun around here!

It's bitter cold and sunny here right now - the dog and I are basking in the sun, I'm typing while she snores. Dh has vanished to the computer lab, he must play with his new toy too.

And yikes! I just realized it's 11, and we have to leave shortly after 12 for lunch with my family. Uh oh! Going to climb out of bed, toss bean casserole together and into the oven, and get in the shower.

Happy Christmahaunakwanzika to everyone.

Lisa

Lisa, mama to Lauren, Elliot, angel Marion, and baby due in the fall.
Old 12-25-2004, 08:26 PM

Hi there, everyone-

Wow, I can't believe how long this thread is.... I was only able to read the last page or so! We had a nice XMAS dinner last night. Following my husband's family tradition, we had a little Mexican fiest - tostadas, nachos, guacamole, salad, etc. Not quite sure how that became a tradition, but it was sure yummy! I also thought I was in labor yesterday afternoon for a few hours and would have a little XMAS baby, but contractions subsided after I started moving around more and cooking. Hopefully the moon tomorrow night will help move things along!

Lisa, looks like you got a winner of a gift! Mamabeca - I don't think anyone can top our "worst of the worst" gifts this year. Basically, I got a box of tea and jam from my SIL and some money from my ILs (no complaints there!). My dh got a cheapo electric veggie chopper from his sister (??), a heated ice scraper (basically a flimsy piece of plastic with a heating element inside.... um, no) and a car batter charger that works by plugging in one car to another through the lighters (it looks like it would fry the whole electrical system) from his parents. We got each other small stocking stuffers this year because we wanted to use most of our holiday money towards baby stuff.

Also, Mamabeca - the best deal in town by far for baby announcements are with Costco or Sams!

Happy Holidays, Mamas!!!
Old 12-25-2004, 09:46 PM

well.... we don't celebrate christmas, but have been having a nice day. dh and our younger ds have been collaging boxes (he likes to put his things inside them) and our older ds just made a batch of chocolate chip pecan cookies (YUMM), while I've been sewing.
We are going to some friends for dinner and hot tubbing, so since I had insomnia last night (again!), I'm gonna take a little nap, so I can stay up past 8pm lol!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day!

User Tag List