Jan. Mamas Jan. 9-15 - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-13-2005, 01:46 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
geesh- having a lot of trouble with the MDC board today- with loading pages and stuff. then it didn't want to take my post but when I looked it was on there twice. whatever
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2005, 02:46 AM

I'm having lots of trouble too? I wonder whats up?

Anywhoo, I did manage to get a little rest. Didn't sleep, just laid on the couch with m y eyes closed for about an hour. It really helped, though. I also gat a beautiful card (bead included) from Heidi today .

Today is my babes two week birthday! She's growing up so fast, lol. I took some pics today. Here they are:

2 weeks old!

It sounds like you are all doing pretty well. Malama, I know what you mean about wanting the emotional-ness to end. I was like that too. I took rescue remedy and pulsatilla for the weepiness and it really helped....Luckily, it did go away about a week after I had the baby.

I also got those really breathless contractions for the last week or so. It got really bad the last 2-3 days before I had her. Don't worry - labor is not really like that, Jessitron.

Andy- you crack me up with your looong posts! I think its great that you reply to everyone
Old 01-13-2005, 02:47 AM

I put my sister and niece on a plane today. Poor ds he kept calling my niece's name in the car. Then he said he wanted to go with her on the airplane. It about broke my heart (especially with the raging hormones!!)

So, that means I don't have a solid plan for ds during the birth. She originally was going to stay until 1/25, but her pregnancy is going a bit rough (pubic symphosis). Luckily I met up with my "tribe" today for lunch. They were all so nice. Several offered to help at any hour and for however long I needed them. Then later a neighborhood friend said she would take ds during the birth if necessary.

Now I have a list of several names for the fridge. Hopefully that works out!! Then again it would be nice to labor during the night while ds is sleeping and not have to bother anyone.

Mamamaya hugs to you. I am anticipating a LOT of fatigue when the aby comes while a I try to run after ds. He self-weaned during this pregnancy, so I am not sure how things will work...

Proudmom
Old 01-13-2005, 03:14 AM

oh Ann! She's so cute! I LOVE the first picture of her stretching as she wakes up (at least that's what it looks like to me)..... baby looooonging!!!! I hope you are able to enjoy every minute of her!!!!!

I am so evil today.... it's not ended yet. Dh and ds#1 are talking about watching a movie and I get all crabby at them for not inviting me. They just don't know what to do with me. If I wasn't like this all the time, I'd think labor was starting, lol!!!! But unfortunately it happens a lot. And writing this is making me crack up. Glad to know I find myself amusing

Proudmom- hopefully you will labor at night. I can't tell you how many births I've attended where mom starts having some contractions which really pick up AFTER their kids go to bed. Then we wake up the kids for the birth (or it's in the early am when they get up) and all is good. The older ones miss all of the funky stuff and see the baby come out. I'm sorta hoping the same for this baby, though I don't care that much since my boys aren't so young. It's GREAT though that you got so many offers to help.... just knowing that there are people to call- even if you never do, is reassuring.

ok.... gonna try and post this. hopefully it works!
Old 01-13-2005, 03:41 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
all the women i know homebirthing #2 and on have had dcs sleep through the big stuff too. ds3 was born at 4am, so I was totally calm and together to put ds1 and ds2 to bed and it was 45 minutes after before they woke up. i guess you never know. i told my midwife that i WILL take measures to make sure that we are not focused on the children but the birth, but i am not ready to make a solid plan.

i've been saying for months that the baby will come on the 13th, but that's tomorrow and contractions are just as sporadic and painful and uneven (i've heard the more babies, the harder the bhs). i wish someone had told me with ds2 that the afterpains get worse each time too. i didn't even take a tylenol for ds1 and after ds2 and ds3 were born i could tell TO THE MINUTE when ibuprofen had worn off. those pains were worse than my two ectopic recoveries. now i am afraid for the post-birth stuff, but it DOES feel good to see their little faces and there are drugs that help after that aren't SO bad.

midwife couldn't come today as some LADY INSISTED on giving birth....the nerve! i was so annoyed that i had bothered doing dishes and straightening up. now i had to do it again. i broke up the day by having pizza with the kids and going to ikea for the second time this week (thank goodness i sell the stuff on ebay or we'd be in trouble). my poor kids were vegan until we started having more serious financial troubles and now that there's always food money (with dh working two jobs) i am too lazy to cook some nights. last night i actually just slapped down some tortillas on a pizza pan, threw some vegetarian refried beans and salsa down and dumped a pound of shredded cheddar i had bought on sale. the kids thought it was soy cheese pizza and ate the whole thing and a couple of mangoes. they don't even have high standards anymore, and i usually do love to cook.

i took apart and laundered four car seats that now have to be put back in my INFESTED, FILTHY vehicle (which I MIGHT clean tomorrow, after midwife leaves). I am staring at these FOUR car seats and thinking I have SOOOO many children. How did this happen?

They do look LOVELY sleeping now, though; and the baby says "momma kiss me now i love you" and "i'm sorry i forgive you" all day long, inbetween his trembling rants about the horrible vacuum. i do love them, and i suppose the new one will fit in nicely.........
Old 01-13-2005, 05:01 AM

For some reason I never got around to 'joining' the due date club, but I've read so many of your postings these last 9 months.... and tonight, I just want to say thanks for making me smile! The 12 days until my due date seem like 120- and I'm glad to see I'm not alone. I've been up sewing baby blankets tonight while my dh and ds sleep soundly- how I wish I could! Trying to figure out the size of a receiving blanket so I can make a few extra. My midwife says to have 6 ready, I can't find ANY from my first birth. I thought I had everything ready, but how fun it is to have something creative to keep me busy while I can't sleep besides picking up puzzle pieces and little people.

Anyway, happy birthing and waiting- and thanks again for all the support so many of you have unknowingly given throughout this time!

Jenna
Mama to home-birthed Hayden, expecting #2 at home around January 24
Old 01-13-2005, 05:07 AM

I definitely don't want to go until the 25th. I'm due in 7 days and don't feel like labor's imminent. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the weekend though!
Old 01-13-2005, 05:33 AM

Hi, I 've been reading all this time but only had energy to reply to the short other threads...I did write a long exhaustive catch up this morning to avoid the young dishwasher intaller guy in my kitchen processing his life traumas on me, but then it got erased...so I just was frustrated, feeling crappy, and went back to bed when he finally got out of here.

So, I'll keep it short and say awesome quilt and knitted blankies you handy ladies...

And thanks for the beads, Karen's came first, then i neglected mail a few days and found KAthy's Lisa's and andreas all the same day, but andy's bead escaped to the great blessing way in the sky, I mean post office...Thanks all is very special to have a concrete piece of ecidence that our community here is real...

I am slacking about getting the replacemetn beads out to those who's got lost and to those who joined late...I will not neglect you!

So I have been in house hell, the washing machine and dishwasher just got put in after living with out for over a month. In the mean time our wires nearly caught the house on fire forcing a brief shut down of the circuit breaker with the fridge on it, the garbage disposal leaked a lake of goo ruining a cabinet, the master bed sink leaked, and the shower handle broke, and the water heater that was supposed to be installed three weeks ago keeps getting delayed. I have not been in a good or chatty mood- just rushing to get major household thing done (did I mention my best friend fom high school is a carpernter, wa sin town from the holidays, so she came over and we bonded over some dry walling all weekend? ) With all that appliance funk, all water related I suspected some weird metaphysical voo doo, am I at that out of the flow? Looking forward to doing small nesting things like getting my diapers ready...

SO, I am sending this post and hellos, I won't even try to repsond to all your posts but I am reading, just feeling like a slacker. If this doesn't post and gets devoured like my last one I will blame hormones for what ever I do...

All the best beauties, Heidi
Oh, I keep thinking I'll put a pic of me up pregnant so you can see me/the belly but we just got a digital camera and I am not sure how to get it up on the web. Maybe I'll figur eit out in time to get baby pics up!
Old 01-13-2005, 06:21 AM

wow, some of you mamas must be up late for where you live!

ST- tortillas canned beans and cheese sounds great! my family loves to eat like that- we were vegan for a long time but me and the kids loooove dairy and all do alright with it so it's eaten a lot here. Don't feel bad about your food choices- esp when you are this pregnant and who has time to cook gourmet meals???

welcome jenna- I know that I never thought i'd be writing so much on a message board, but you all are the only people I can relate to these days.

Adria- I've been wondering about you! Congrats for holding on to those babes for so long! I hope your birth is sweet and gentle-- I've been in contact with so many twins lately and they are always a blessing!

Heidi- whoa, you have a lot going on there! What's up with everything breaking at the same time?? Don't feel pressured to respond to everyone's posts.... sometimes life is just too hectic for that. Sounds like yours is there. Please do figure out how to post pictures sometime. I know for me it's so nice to have a face to go with everyone's names and stuff. It's the problem with the virtual thing.

My baby is wiggling up a storm tonight. It's almost 10:30 and I have no idea how I'm going to get to sleep.... and with dh clicking away.... he's chatting with a friend online....
We haven't had any new baby news in some days now.... someone get on it- the rest of us need some inspiration!!!!
Old 01-13-2005, 10:54 AM

Hey K - lots of hugs to you too! Sounds like an almost day. Almost terrific, almost a disaster...almost. Mixed blessings. One of the things you are doing for both your ds's, is giving them a picture of what a REAL pregnancy is all about. Someday, when ds is with a partner and they want to have a baby, he won't go into it with rose colored glasses, and he'll be aware that a woman is REAL in and outside of pregnancy...even MOM! So don't sweat it. This is the universe teaching you, him, and all of us that we are not in control of this process... just roll with it and be sure that his love for you is WAY too deep to be affected by grumpy moods.

We somehow missed the alarm, so I've gotta go drive dd to school (ugh, traffic!). At least dh has his own state vehicle this morning, so it's not a big rush for him... but anyway, when I get back today I will spend a little time responding to others... I'm sorry if you are feeling ignored! I try to spend a little time on everyone... by the way, dd thinks I'll hang on till the 1st Feb, dh thinks till the 28th... good LORD! bye! Andy

Mama to B and O , wife to J and me to me! :
Old 01-13-2005, 11:22 AM

Hey all! Wow, LOADS of posts the last day or so! My parents arrived on Tuesday night, so my computer time has been predictably scarce. So far, so good though! Not *too* much staring...

DH is gone on the first of his 2 fly-in interviews, but the weather along the Eastern coast left him stranded in Washington DC overnight and he won't be arriving at the University until just after noon today. Please, please everyone keep your fingers crossed with me that this doesn't somehow EXTEND his trip!!! I feel like I'll go batty if that's the case!

Our MW comes today, so hopefully she will be a calming influence on this crazy Mama-self I've become...
Old 01-13-2005, 12:29 PM

Malama - I liked "wicked" a lot - the other 2 weren't as good (uhh.. "ugly step sister" and "mirror mirror" I think), but both interesting perspectives on the stories we know.

Mamamaya - I love the grin on Violet's face in the first pic - we should all be able to look so happy and content!

Humab Being, yikes, I'm glad you are surviving. There are days where dh and I contemplate just burning our house down and starting over... but yaay now you do have new appliances in! The rest will come together in time.

Andy - I had to read your paragraph on dh's last night to mine. He chuckled, I seriously enjoyed reading it.

Slygrrl, hang in there, my dh flies planes for fun, and he's a weather fanatic - no worries, this front is going through fast, he'll be home in no time.

Grrr! I swear last night was supposed to do the trick. A little wine, expensive food that I could puke up during labor, but NOOOOOO, this baby is stuck inside and not coming out! Personally, I'm not totally freaked out yet (just a little freaked out), but I also realize I'm working within a medical model that does have time limits. That gives me until Monday to try anything and everything I can think of (and we are!) and then I have to start making decisions. Yuck.

So mamas, send me all the strong labor vibes you can possibly muster up, and any crazy ideas too! I'm even willing to try all the things on the "this will get your baby" thread of silly things to try.

Today it's still warm, and almost sunny, I can see some blue sky. Apparently the winds are going to continue to pick up all day until they are tree felling roof ripping forces, and when they go, the cold comes. It was 65 here last night, and it'll be 20 by morning.

Lisa

Lisa, mama to Lauren, Elliot, angel Marion, and baby due in the fall.
Old 01-13-2005, 12:55 PM

I think I lost my mucus plug. I don't recall it last time, so I'm not sure, but I went to the bathroom, and (sorry if TMI) there was a sizable plop, and it wasn't like a streak, it was a clump, maybe a tbsp or two. It didn't look pinkish at all, but our toilet in green porcelain (and it's dirty), and there was already toilet paper and pee in there, so I didn't get a good look. I read in one of my books that it may mean labour begins in 3 gays, but may still take a week or two, so I guess I shouldn't get too excited, but it's nice that something's going on. I've been having surges everyday since Sunday night, but nothing regular.

So do you all think that could've been the plug, and if yes, might it mean anything?
Old 01-13-2005, 01:03 PM

Thanks Lisa! If all goes according to plan, he'll be home tomorrow around midnight. I am keeping all my fingers crossed.

Pam, that's SO exciting! With DD, I lost my plug about 42 hours before she was born so it was even sooner than 3 days! I'll be thinking of you!
Old 01-13-2005, 01:06 PM

i noticed a little brown squiggly blob the other day and a few dots of blood. I was wondering too, but the other times the mucous plug left me with a pretty globby gooey blood streaked piece of toilet paper. i know it can also happen WEEKS before labor really gets going not just days. i'm always thankful for signs that my body is normal and that i won't be pregnant FOREVER. I hope it is good news for you P&A.
Old 01-13-2005, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa2976
So mamas, send me all the strong labor vibes you can possibly muster up, and any crazy ideas too! I'm even willing to try all the things on the "this will get your baby" thread of silly things to try.

Today it's still warm, and almost sunny, I can see some blue sky. Apparently the winds are going to continue to pick up all day until they are tree felling roof ripping forces, and when they go, the cold comes. It was 65 here last night, and it'll be 20 by morning.

Lisa
My mum's friend swears that mowing her huge lawn got her labor started with both of her dc, so you'd better get out there quick before that cold hits :LOL

Human Being, that sucks about everything breaking at once. I hope you can get your nesting things done. Sitting surronded by soft little teeny diapers, stretchy suits, gowns, and socks that too small for anything always lifts my moods

slygrrl, your husband will be back in time. We'll send lots of good flying vibes his way to make sure he's there for you

The 25th would be fine for me. DH thinks by the 15th. He says the baby is going to come while my mum is on vacation and she comes back on the 15th. Only time will tell. I keep trying to get him mentally prepared for mid-february.

Mamamaya Violet is just so adorable. She's such a beautiful plump, happy looking baby.

I'm feeling a lot better today. Yesterday ds and I went to Trader Joes to get some yummy frozen meals and other things. We went to lunch after. It was really nice, I haven't been spending much 1-on-1 time with him at all the past couple of months. After we got home from that he and dh went to the siblings class at the hospital. I guess it was wicked funny. DH was telling me that when the lady running it was talking about breatfeeding the kids were like "no way" he said some little boy just kept saying "mummy says you're not supposed to touch ladies there, its privates" and a few of the kids were like "I never did that" DH said all the mums were laughing and shaking their heads. DS came home in a great mood, he even showed me how to hold a baby the right way using Louie, the chihuahua puppy, as the baby. DS even says that he'll change all the poopy diapers because he now knows how.

The pets are driving me crazy. DH's cat, cat (he's great at naming things ) has acting weird, following me around the house, wanting me to pet her. Normall she just keeps to herself and is happiest when nothing bothers her. Also she has pooped on the floor in my room 2 nights in a row!! Yesterday I thought it was Emma, the dog, but she spent the night in the cage so I know it wasn't her, and the other cat hasn't had a solid poo in over a year. Emma has also been hounding me for attention. All morning she keeps coming ove and insisting that I pick her up and hold her while I am on the computer. She never does that. Last night she was so mad that I didn't pick her up that she stomped all around until she found the switch to the surge protector to turn the computer off.

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
Old 01-13-2005, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam_and_Abigail
I think I lost my mucus plug.
Pam that great if thats what it was. I can't offer any opions becuase I don't remeber losing mine, but I'll send some baby vibes your way

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
Old 01-13-2005, 02:14 PM

Heidi, that's awful about all the plumbing and appliance problems! That must be driving you crazy. I hope it all gets fixed and comes together soon.
If you want to get a picture up without messing with it, email it to me and I'll upload it where we have our web site. Otherwise I think you have to sign up with shutterfly or something - not sure how, since we pay for web space so we can do this kind of thing.

Kathy, I hope his trip is not extended and that he doesn't get stuck anywhere on the way back. In the meantime, babe will stay in.

Thanks for the baby pictures! Those are inspiring.

Ooh, Lisa, I hope you go into labor this weekend or sooner. It's about your turn.

Andy, yeah, the husband paragraph was hilarious. That was a great first post to read this morning.

Crazy weather here too, 60s yesterday so we went out on a walk/run with our group of friends, except I had to drive most of it because I'm soooo sloooow. Today, snow expected in the afternoon, rainstorm now, so DH had to suck water out of the basement this morning. :P He was not a happy camper, but it meant we got to have breakfast together, so I was happy.

P&A, exciting about the plug!

Mmm, teeny diapers. Which one will the baby wear first? That is my big decision to make before the birth.

Karen, sounds like a frustrating lunch time yesterday. I don't like restaurants anymore. I have to eat before I go and bring my water bottle so I don't get grouchy, so what's the point?

Az, that's great about the siblings class. How cute with the puppy. And your dog turned the computer off on you? That's hilarious! Did she know what she was doing? What a hoot!
Old 01-13-2005, 02:33 PM

I love waking up and having all of this conversation to read! It's all quiet here (6am) and cold and it's nice. Thanks mamas!

Kathy- I'm sure you get your dh back on time. If he's meant to be there for your birth (as he probably is) he'll be back when he needs to be. At least you have your parents now as help!

Lisa- I'm sending you some strong labor vibes (can you tell I've always wanted to try out some of those?!?!). Monday is still a ways away, and your baby will come when s/he is good and ready (soon!).

P&A- sounds like a mucous plug.... I lost mine with my last one the day before he was born. Was sitting there playing cards with my friend (and no undies on) and felt sort of, well squishy down there. Went to the bathroom and there was gobs of just stretchy clear (no blood) mucous (sorry for the graphic description). I went on a long walk that afternoon and he was born the next day. However-- can mean up to 2 weeks or more. You can make more plug. so it's a good sign, but not definitive in any way. Keep us posted though!!!!

Az- your ds's class at the hospital sounds hilarious. I'm glad he knows how to bf now, LOL! And woo hoo for another poopy diaper changer around the house . BTW< my kitties are following me around a lot more than usual too..... I hope it's a sign(like everything). Animals are so sensitive to stuff.... how can it not be???

Well this am I was dreaming about scrubbing the grout in my kitchen. We have this tile (came with the house) that's not square- each piece is differently shaped, and differently blue- kinda cool/ interesting. But the problem is that there is WHITE grout that's about 1/2" wide- i.e. dirt magnet. It is disgusting, IMO. Scrubbing it is quite the job, but will be so nice when done. We'll see if I'm still motivated when I really get up.
Old 01-13-2005, 02:40 PM

Hi Ladies-

I hope you and your bellies are all doing well. I tried to catch up on your posts, but there are just too many!

Life with ds #2 is wonderful - he is an angel (that does nothing but poop, sleep, cry and eat! ). Every day he gives me a new expression or gesture that makes me fall further in love with him..... Like Mamamaya, I am constantly exhausted, but I have been lucky to have my dh home with me for this week!

DS#1 has been very loving towards the baby, but at the same time has been demanding more attention. We are doing everything we can to keep him included and feeling loved, but it has to be a hard transition from being the one and only for 4 years and then having to share the spotlight. The hardest part for him is that he has to go to preschool everyday while ds#2 gets to stay home with mommy. Hopefully it will get easier for him....

As I was feeling during the end of my pregnancy, I am torn between the elation of having my beautiful baby and at the same time mourning not being pregnant anymore. Being pregnant feels like one is doing a higher good that can't be found in anything else in life.... Does anyone KWIM? I keep walking around saying I miss having a baby in my belly. DH always replies - 'we'll take care of that' or 'remember you said that'!

Happy birthings to you all. I look forward to your birth stories!!
Old 01-13-2005, 02:47 PM

Delfina,

I know exactly what you mean. I miss being pregnant and I miss feeling DS move and kick. Not that I want to go back there yet, but still. It is magnified more for me lately just because this was the last time I will be pregnant. We are satisfied with our family size and don't want to have any more. So I am dealing with, not only am I not pregnant anymore, but I will never be pregnant again, either. It is the weirdest feeling sometimes. I know deep in my heart that we are done with the baby birthing phase of life and moving onto the baby raising phase, but on the surface, it makes me really sad that I will never bring another baby home, I will never nurse another kid, never celebrate the first birthday, ect. Each milestone is happy and sad because it is the last one that we will have with our own kids. DH doesn't understand, but isn't bad about it. He just listens and has a shoulder there when I need it. But I do know what you mean about the mourning period.

Nicole
Old 01-13-2005, 03:05 PM

i, too, am trying to SAVOR this pregnancy, even with its tough moments. my experience has been that you get the doors held open from time to time and admiring glances when you're pregnant. when you have that baby all eyes shift and all courtesy goes out the window. i mean there are babies everywhere and they are babies for a LONG time. women are only visibly pregnant a few months of their lifetimes and men are in awe of it, women who want to be pregnant notice it, and women who've had children reminisce while looking at you. it's pretty incredible. the people who do pay attention to you after your babe is born are usually only noticing the baby or giving advice. when i run into a mom who's just given birth, i try to look her in the eyes and talk to her and ask about her and sometimes i don't even mention the baby or say something short and sweet. i think that's what i always miss about not being pregnant is the sudden invisibility. people might be extra nice for a week or two while you "recover" and then it's old news. dh had a vasectomy in october, but since he only had one working testicle and i only had one ovary (after those two ectopics) and we still managed to have four children, so i am not certain of a thing. still, we are pretty sure that we are leaving our birthing years as we leave our twenties. we want to be a nice young fifty when the kids are in college, so we can travel and honeymoon for the first time alone.
Old 01-13-2005, 03:11 PM

Being young enough to enjoy having my husband back to myself is part of the reason that we are done. My parents are a good example of how being young grandparents is cool too. My mom is 46 (I am 27) and my dad is 49. They travel, snow ski, water ski, golf, go anywhere they want to and really can enjoy the kids. They don't need the kids to be quiet like those who are older do. I want to be like that when my kids have kids.
Old 01-13-2005, 03:12 PM

Oh Nicole, your post brought tears to my eyes. In my head I know that we shouldn't have any more children - we don't have the time or the money. But, in my heart I feel like there is another baby out there waiting to join our family. But, I know I should treat this as it could be the last time....

FromScatteredTribe - you put it into words perfectly. Irma Bombeck (spelling) wrote some quotes of 'what she would have done differently' when she found out she had cancer. One thing she wrote (paraphrased) was "I would stopped complaining about my aching back and swollen feet when I was pregnant and realized that it was the one time in life we can help G-d in his miracles."
Old 01-13-2005, 03:19 PM

Nicole- I totally agree with you about age. I am 29 and my parents are in their mid-50s and totally active. My dh is in his mid-30's and his parents are in their 70s (he was an 'ooops!'). They try to be involved and active, but they have physical conditions that stand in their way. It's almost like they waited too long (after retirement) to 'live their life.'
Old 01-13-2005, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessitron
Az, that's great about the siblings class. How cute with the puppy. And your dog turned the computer off on you? That's hilarious! Did she know what she was doing? What a hoot!
Oh she knows what she is doing. She was walking all over right where the power strip is looking right at me. DH told me that she does it to him if he goes on the computer before he plays with her

Old 01-13-2005, 03:52 PM

I know how everyone feels on not wanting to let go of pregnancy. DH keeps saying never again. Poor guy knew nothing about pregnant women. I've had an easy time of it and he feels bad that he put me through it. I really like being pregant. My moods are pretty good, I rarely get weepy, I love feeling the baby move, I like the way I look with my rounded belly, I've even been complaing that I'm not "big enough" this time. I even like the forgetfulness, it means I never stay mad long becuase I can't remember what I am upset about. I really think that I'd want another child in a few years, that may just be hormones speaking though. And it makes me hurt that this just may be it

Old 01-13-2005, 04:05 PM

You know, I love being pregnant, I love feeling the baby move inside of me. I love my pregnant body- all round and full. But to be honest, I haven't been loving the extra attention I get. It's been a really moody pregnancy and at this point I'd gladly transfer the stares and attention onto a baby. but that's just me.

I am trying to savor it all- doing all the things I've wanted to do - the pics, another case, the henna, etc...but though we talked about my 8 year old being the last one, I always wanted another. So i've been ready for a long time for this one- hence my desire to hold it in my arms already.

I've also been helping all of these OTHER women have their babies- I feel like it's MY turn now!
Old 01-13-2005, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malama
But to be honest, I haven't been loving the extra attention I get. It's been a really moody pregnancy and at this point I'd gladly transfer the stares and attention onto a baby. but that's just me.
I feel the same way. But I'm pretty shy,too, so I just kind of hate being the focus of attention to begin with. I'm also really ready to be done with the moodiness. It's just hard when I struggle with depression as well to know what's hormones and what's not. And I hate that my moodiness affects dd and dh. But I do love that feeling of thebaby wriggling inside of me

I'm looking forward to having a baby in my arms. I'm nervous about how dd will handle it but I think she'll be fine.

I really want to have one more child, but I think it will be a while between babies, this time. My body is just tired and I think I would like to have more of my emotional issues taken care of before I take on another set of pregnancy hormones.

Lisa- With dd, I got a massage and went into labor 30 hours later. Maybe a nice massage?

P&A- I hope your baby comes soon... you certainly seem to be having a lot of "signs."

Kathy- I hope your dh makes it home soon, but I"m glad having your parents around hasn't been too stressfull. I get a phone call everynight from my mom or MIL. Ugh.

And Violet is totally adorable...I love the smile she has on her face in the first pic...and her little tummy hanging out...I want a baby!
Old 01-13-2005, 06:12 PM

I know exactly what you mean mamas. This was my last pregnancy, and its kinda bittersweet, yk? I definiteley do not want to go through it - and especially labor again, but sometimes I find myself contemplating...I also hang onto every little thing Violet does, every day is beyond precious. It is with every baby, but with your last one, it seems like it goes by so much faster.

Delfina - glad to see you back! Glad your little sweetie is a calm easy baby

User Tag List