PIOmama: 1/18 with #5
Peace4you (Jen): 1/19 with #1
Nathansmom (norah): BORN 12/20, Zach 6 lbs 8 oz 18 in, Noah 5 lbs 14 oz 17.5 in
Majick1 (Celeste): 1/20 with #3, homebirth
Marysmama (Gen): 1/21 with #2, natural hospital birth
sweetpeasmom (Laura):Born 10/11, Megan 1 lb 11 ozs, 13 in
AmyB: Born 1/3, 6 lbs 14 oz
Babytime: 1/22 with #2 (GIRL)
Mamabeca (Andy) due 1/22 w/#2 , m/w asstd homebirth.
Zonapellucida (Heidi): 1/23 with #7 (BOY), planned UC
Jwhiskeycat: 1/24 with #1
Flyjawn: 1/25 with #1 (GIRL)
Fromscatteredtribe: 1/26 with #4 (BOY),homebirth
Slygrrl (Kathy): 1/26 with #2, homebirth
sadkitty: 1/27 thru 2/1 with #2, waterbirth at birth center
Proudmom: 1/27 with #2 (GIRL), homebirth
LittleBrownDog (Leigh):1/27 with a girl
Parkersmama (Kristin): 1/27 with #2, hospital VBAC
Human Being (Heidi): 1/28 with #1, homebirth
NadiaSJ (Nadia): 1/28 with #3
Azreial: 1/29 with #2 (GIRL)
HelloKitty (Kitty): 1/30 with #4
icxcnika: late Jan with #2 natural hospital birth
tofumama: Born 1/04, Max Richard, 7 lbs 6 oz, 21 in
Jessitron (Jessica): late Jan with #1, homebirth
Zanelee (Jennifer): late Jan with #2
Malama: late Jan with #3
Milk4two (Adria): late Jan with twins
Chiromom (Mar): late Jan with child #3, planning UC
Parthenia: late Jan/early Feb with #2 (still one of us!)
rubysmomjess(Jess): Jan with #2, homebirth

HokieGirl: ? with ? (GIRL)
#2 of 207 Old 01-09-2005, 12:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi everyone. Gosh, I'm so overwhelmed with all the posts. This whole week our internet has been down. Just got it fixed.

I just updated the list with births. I hope that I got all the info correct. If anything is wrong or if anyone wants something added just let me know. Not that it really matters. It's just a list.

Anyhow, been feeling fine. Just bh's and stuff. So glad I'm this far along, that's all I can say. This baby has been inside me 4 weeks longer than my dd. How neat!

Malama, sorry to hear about your toothache. I had a dental issue a few weeks ago. So glad I dealt with it.

Oh, and the swelling in the vagina. I have that. Though it's not too bad. I have a labial varicosity and I had one last time too. I didn't notice it being an issue during pushing at all.

Wow, I can't believe how busy this board has gotten. Hope everyone is doing well. Can't wait to hear of more births.

Gen
#3 of 207 Old 01-09-2005, 03:32 PM

it always feels weird to me to start on a new week..... like we were still going on the last week. though i know it was getting looooong.

I just put up some pics on shutterfly
http://share.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=EeEsmLZw2bOLA

I hope you enjoy! I worked so hard on my quilt I need the WORLD to see it!

We're off to the beach today. I can't very well sit around and wait to give birth, lol. I've become a crazed woman, inspecting the toilet paper for signs of bloody show or something, hoping to see some signs of labor. i thought for sure I'd absorb some of it from the goat!!! Oh, and I don't think I mentioned that her kid was born in the caul- very cool

Have a wonderful day!!!!

Karen
#4 of 207 Old 01-09-2005, 04:04 PM

Karen, Karen, Karen!! That quilt is **gorgeous** and I love how colorful it is! Wow, I am SO impressed!

I love your belly shots, too. Your "grumpy" one is pretty much how I feel today, lol. I hope you have fun at the beach! We're pretty balmy here today too (well, for a Canuck it feels that way) & enjoying temperatures in the high 60's & lots of sunshine. Not *exactly* beach weather, but still nice!

We bought DD a sand & water table with some Christmas money that was sent by my Grandma, and she is out there with DH & just having a ball! We call it the new babysitter...
#5 of 207 Old 01-09-2005, 04:08 PM

no beach for us. apparently it's raining on the other side of the island (funny because it's practically desert over there). No matter though, there are plenty of things for me to do around the house. I kept imagining that we'd come home with a mess of sand and the house is a disaster adn I'd be exhausted and of course go into labor......

kathy that toy sounds like a great babysitter- much better than the video one!
#6 of 207 Old 01-09-2005, 04:18 PM

I'm still pregnant. (Duh...not due for weeks).

That's it for now.
#7 of 207 Old 01-09-2005, 05:41 PM

Mar your post made me laugh. That's kind of how I feel, too.

I had some fairly regular cx last night and was wide awake til midnight. So I watched a movie. Back to nothing this morning. I'm not sure what to do with myself. I'm tired of cleaning...it's kind of a futile effort here. I'm waiting for dd to go down for her nap (she'll put herself down for a nap but not to bed at night). I think I'm might sew some quick receiveing blankets with some flannel I have.

Karen your quilt is soo beautiful and colorful. I love it. And you look awesome. I'm so jealous of all the ladies with pretty bellies. I have stretch marks and a rash on top of my stretch marks. Ugh.

Sunny and windy today here. I took the dog for a hike. Almost knocked over by a big gust of wind. Good thing I have a very large dog to anchor me down I'm ready to have my nonpregnant body back.
#8 of 207 Old 01-09-2005, 07:35 PM

Busy weekend on this board.

Malama, your quilt is beautiful and so are you!
Thanks for telling us about the goat. What a sweet story.

Andy, where are those nursery pictures? That indigestion sounds nasty. Last night I stayed in bed for ten hours - ah.

Yesterday, the midwife came here. She left us with some birth supplies and a list of other articles to gather. The baby is head down and way down in the pelvis, but has both hands down there trying to protect its head. Apparently he or she is pummeling my hips and pubic bone, which explains why those parts are tender and sore.

Football was great yesterday! Two awesome games. Too bad today's games are not nearly as exciting. Four more weeks until Superbowl. I have a feeling my baby won't come before then.

After hearing about all the lost beads, I bought some good envelopes to mail mine. Hopefully I'll go to the Post Office tomorrow.

Prenatal yoga resumed today, with a whole new batch of participants. I'm now the most pregnant. Some of them were really interested to hear about home birth. Always good to spread the word.
#9 of 207 Old 01-09-2005, 07:49 PM

Karen, wow! That looks great!

Andy, I'm sorry to hear about your friend.

Stacey AND Jessica, congrats on your new babes! How exciting!

Kathy, no kidding on the balmy weather - it's 40 here today and sunny, I felt compelled to walk a little bit with my coat unbuttoned

So we've started in on the old wives tales - had a nice spicy lunch, did a lot of walking today, got tired out, and went back to the grocery store. Now I'm really tired! Brewed a pot of rrl tea too, but I'm needing to mix it with something, the taste does not make me happy today.

Back to midwife tomorrow, lost some mucous yesterday, so at least I know something (no matter how small) is going on... I got really moody yesterday when I realized that I've spent an entire week of sick days waiting on babe. Not that I wanted to work this week, but what a bummer, I could have been paid an extra week later on and earned another 1/2 sick day if I had gone in all week. Aaah no regrets now, it really is nice to be home and have total control of how I'm spending my time waiting on babe.

Lisa

Lisa, mama to Lauren, Elliot, angel Marion, and baby due in the fall.
#10 of 207 Old 01-09-2005, 07:56 PM

Ok, I'm just finishing up my beads...I taped them down to little note cards, so hopefully they will stay put.

Karen - you and your quilt are beautiful!
#11 of 207 Old 01-09-2005, 08:29 PM

Woah - quite a bit of catching up here. I spent the day sort of alone and grieving... a weird feeling, witht he expectency and hope that I also feel. I made a bunch of returns to the store from the shower and bought a bunch of household stuff with the money. We really do NOT need all this stuff.

Karen, your pics are GREAT - that quilt is really SOMETHING! I can see why you were so energetic about getting it done - it is really beautiful. Your belly does look perfect! A great little shelf for kitty!

Also made it to the craft store and got more beads and plastic baggies to put them in to reduce the PO spaz damage... I looked for better envelopes, but didn't see any. I will try another store tomorrow, but if I don't get these mailed out tomorrow, our sons and daughters will find them in the mail for their 6th birthdays!!! The way my brain is (dys)functioning these days, I'm feeling quite proud of getting ANYthing knocked off the to-do list! Inc. feeding the family and even remembering the dog...yikes.

Anyone else noticing a majority of boys being born? Seems like an unequal ratio right now. Maybe some more of you mamas with boys wouldn't mind having some girls to even things out?!

I totally agree on the football. I watched a bunch of the games y-day, missed most of today, but am told I didn't miss too much. A good day for mourning, I guess.

Ok, pics are below. Hopefully. As I said, I ran outta steam on the room. Maybe at some future time I'll get back to work on it. Don't mind the windows - the blinds are on order. They will look great and add to the room, an indigo blue cordless venetian. Personally I love the little caterpillar at the top of the blue walls... totally dh (an entomologist). For now, peace to all, andy

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/newand...6LGWCB8pcKuhx0

Mama to B and O , wife to J and me to me! :
#12 of 207 Old 01-09-2005, 08:50 PM

Ooh, I love the tree! And the different colors of the wall. The bed looks like a great place for a kid to sleep.

I am sorry about your friend.

Oh, for envelopes - an office supply store is the best place to find them, although Target and Wal-Mart also have padded envelopes.
#13 of 207 Old 01-09-2005, 09:19 PM

Gosh, I'm having such a blah day. Super uncomfortable (but not from contractions ).
We're moving beds and rooms in our downstairs. I was hoping NOT to participate in this endeavor, but got sucked in of course. I worked for awhile and was feeling like I was gonna cry from being emotional, so I laid in my nice bed for a long time and feel a little better.

My friend Lena is coming over to do my belly cast this afternoon. SHe's had 4 kids and all of her pregnancies were progressively longer..... so she's a good sympathizer.

Thanks everyone for the nice words about my quilt. Since it's in the bedroom, not everyone gets to see it! SO it's nice to get some kudos.

Andy, I'm soooo sorry to hear about your buddy- I'm sure that with where you are in your pregnancy, it's even harder to grasp and deal with. let yourself grieve and give yourself some TLC (and get your dh to give you some too!!!).
Your baby room looks wonderful too!!! I love the paintings on the wall esp!!! I think a caterpillar would be a welcome addition if you can muster the motivation!

Mar said my sentiments exactly and to a tee. Her post made me laugh, but oh, how sadly true!!!

Lisa- woo hoo- lost a little plug! That's great. I know it doesn't mean anything is particularly close or anything, but it's a good sign that there are changes going on.

I have noticed there are lots of boys this month. My mw attended 2 girl babies so far this Jan and one more known girl. Then there's me- probably with the token boy.

I'm feeling like watching a movie. Yesterday we started to watch the Wizard of Oz before some drop in guests showed up. Maybe I'll finish that (though it'll have to be on the computer because our tv area is filled with bedding and furniture from this move).

I hope OTHER people are having more days!!!
#14 of 207 Old 01-09-2005, 10:48 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
i finally got my beads packed up and addressed. i plan to take them to the PO tomorrow. PO also explains my attitude today. I had to sit in the car during church because all i could do was cry over some stupid argument dh and i had over him putting the wrong coffee creamer in my cup and leaving ds3s pajamas on under his clothes. he WAS being an insensitive jerk, but he tried to apologize when he saw how crazily i was reacting and every time he spoke or touched my arm i would start sobbing uncontrollably....not very appopriate for church. he comes home in a hour from the night job (decent hour here) so maybe we'll have some down time when kids sleep to be nice to each other.
#15 of 207 Old 01-09-2005, 11:19 PM

Oh, ST - I know that feeling! Totally emotional, wanting it to be because someone ELSE is underreacting, but really in my heart I always kind of know that it's me overreacting (maybe a little, maybe a lot, depending...) - it sounds like a lot was happening and you weren't quite getting the support you needed to make it allright... that's not the same as dh being a complete dhead or anything, so I do hope you can find time to be forgiving of yourself and your dh. You both deserve a break. You are both working super hard, and need to be gentle with each other these days. Hang in there!

You too Karen, it won't be long now! Hey - is that ds#1 rubbing your belly in the pic? He's cute! I hope belly casting is fun and enjoyable - spending some time with buddies is a great way to feel better - change of scene does WONDERS for the sense of humor!Just having someone over to do something out of the ordinary should get you into a better space...if your body is feeling ok.

I am going to wait till tomorrow and go to the mall and see if I can't find some envelopes at Staples or someplace over that way (several more returns at the mall and a gift cert. as well, if I can find anything I actually want to buy). Went to my splits meeting for the bulk food buy (totally organic bulk food - amazing prices...thank god for this co-op!) and it was so nice to just be in a NORMAL situation. Noone cared (or even mentioned) the pregnancy, people were just sort of focused on the mtg. and it was quite refreshing. I think overfocusing on the end here is driving me a little nuts.

Thanks for the nice comments about the room. It's hard to see the caterpillar, but it's there, at the top of the wall just below the ceiling of two walls. Dh really likes it. I like the tree/leaf theme myself. I'm sure the baby will be sick of it all and want something different quickly, but I figure this effort is probably good for 5-6 yrs. By which time maybe we'll move, and I will get to paint a whole new room anyway!

Thanks too for the sympathy for my friend. He was such an inspirational, wise person. It's so sad to know there is one less of his type of spirit on the earth ... although knowing he is part of something bigger is helping me. And I haven't seen him in a few years, being so far, so it's a little bit remote... still sore and probably will be for a while, but I am feeling somewhat better. Thanks for your support!

I'm hoping to stay awake for a couple more hrs. and maybe sleep through the nite. Wish me luck or see ya back here late night! xxx andy

#16 of 207 Old 01-10-2005, 01:40 AM

Dh went to work for about 4 or 5 hours yesterday which involved him being at the mall mostly and left his cell phone in the car. By the time I finally got in touch with him I was practically hysterical! I kept trying to call him to see what time he was coming home because i was so exhausted...but no answer. I was thinking that if I went into labor he would likely miss the whole thing, and what if I needed help with the kids, and why wasn't he worried about me and thinking he should go get his phone so he could call me to check in anyway etc...

So I totally freaked out on him and he was apologetic but a little taken aback by my huge reaction. But...hopefully he will remember his cell from now to baby's arrival. Jeez!

happy hormones mamas!

Mar
#17 of 207 Old 01-10-2005, 02:38 AM

we are all a piece of work this weekend, aren't we?!?!?

ST- I hope you and your dh got your issues worked out. We have had many such "fights" here.... and I hate the results. I know I've been so unreasonable recently, but what I really want most of all is to be understood- which is impossible for dh.

andy- yes that is my older son rubbing my belly. I think he's a cutie too!!! He's a wonderful kid and I suspect this baby will be like him (just have a feeling about it).

mar- i can certainly understand you freaking out.... I would have too! I guess you have fast labors? Even if not, it's not ok to not be able to stay in touch- what are those damn phones for anyways!!!!

My friend did come over and we did my belly cast. It turned out really nice and I'm glad I got it done. She also did wonders for getting me out of my funk - without actually doing anything.
We also were watching the next door neighbor's kids, so between all, there were 7 kids running all over my house (0f course it was raining). The house looks a disaster again and if i went into labor tonite, I'd probably spend the beginning vacuuming and sweeping.

It's actually cool here for us (snowing on our mountain too). I can't wait to get in bed and snuggle up, instead of just sweat.
#18 of 207 Old 01-10-2005, 08:38 AM

Looks like no one is up with insomnia tonight, cept me!
I'm just not comfortable tonight- no contractions or anything, just not completely comfy.....so it goes.

A friend of mine who lives on the other side of the island stopped by tonight because she wanted to see me pregnant (I haven't seen her in many months). She just sat there and stared at my belly... was very weird. She asked a lot of probing questions- how dialted I am, etc..... I tried to be nice. She was only dropping in- her kids were asleep in her car.

Funny, I told the world i was due at the END of the month and the phone calls are starting, WTF!!! Luckily I can have the kids run interference and i don't have to take the calls, but geesh!!! And it's only the 9th?!?!?!

ANyhow, I hope you all had or are having a WONDERFUL night's sleep!!!
#19 of 207 Old 01-10-2005, 10:31 AM

Hey there - still pregnant.

Karen, I just couldn't make myself get out of bed last night. It was ccccold, and although I wasn't sleeping from about 2 - 5, I just snuggled up to the big bear in bed. I do love my man, even if he understands NOTHING about how I am feeling...sigh. I certainly share your frustration there! I think that Mar put it pretty well - why isn't he worried about me!? I guess they have a LOT more confidence in us than we do. Funny, huh? It makes it hard to be needy, which I think is part of being in the "confinement" stage of pregnancy. That's what it used to be called, anyway. It was sort of like the world just knew we were not capable of handling too much, and so they put most of it on hold for us, letting other people handle a lot of it. Until we started being independent family units, I think. Oooooh, just a leetle off topic!

I understand the freak out husband thing completely, I'm just careful to always go back and explain or apologise (depending on how bad it was). I think if the understanding is that he will have it with him, Mar, and he didn't, then he blew it and he should suck it up and take the fall out. That's just my .02 of course.

I got a baby present from a friend who is part of our natural food coop and it is the absolute softest fleece blanket and teddy - amazingly soft! I know it's 100% polyester, I know it's not good for the earth, I know... but I could NEVER return it. I have never felt anything inorganic feel so soft - just like baby hair! Mmmmmm.

Lotsa mamalove - andy

#20 of 207 Old 01-10-2005, 10:34 AM

Oh, and just as a test, we did nipple stim. last night for about 15 minutes. Def. had ctx, but they stopped when we stopped, so I ain't giving birth today! Huh.

#21 of 207 Old 01-10-2005, 12:09 PM

Sending baby vibes to you all...

What a busy weekend on this board!
I want to let you guys know that I had my beads basically ready to go before Friday, but now I am not sure when they will get out to you all It has been snowing and icy here; I am too wimpy to go out with the new babe. Take care Mama's!
#22 of 207 Old 01-10-2005, 12:20 PM

Something in the air making us all like this? I about went ballistic on dh over the weekend a few times, and all I wanted him to do was carry all the drywall scraps downstairs and give the dog a bath. Only got one of those, my dog stinks still! I'd try to bathe her myself, but she's 80# and hates a bath, so it's a fight that usually takes both of us. Grr!

Andy, hysterical, sorry you aren't giving birth today. No amount of nipstim has given me even a tiny cramp this far. Grr! And dh, baby, and I had a loooong chat yesterday about how today is a good day to be born, but it doesn't look to be happening. I guess 41 weeks as a ftm isn't a bad place to be, apparently it's rather normal, but boy are the grandmothers stressing out now!

It's also gloomy and icky here today, just warm enough to make all the snow into a mushy mess, and me with nothing to do except go see mw at 1:00. Baby has also decided that it's too inconvienent to keep curled up in a ball, and that both feet MUST be sticking out of my side at all times. Hysterical to look at, but I honestly think I might bruise from the inside out with the strength of those little legs. Need to find something to do! I've caught up on all of the dishes, laundry, packed my little hospital bag, cleaned things that never get cleaned, I even organized the tupperware cabinet. Yuck! The only thing I haven't done is pack the dog's bag/food, as my parents are going to take her for a few days and my dad loves the dog (and her gadgets, toys, harness, treats) and so he bought her a doggie overnight bag.

Lisa

#23 of 207 Old 01-10-2005, 12:25 PM

Jessica, no worries on going out.. I'd be home all snuggled up myself! Also, you can leave them in your box, mailman will take them away when s/he drops off your mail to you.

LOL apparently the people on babycenter are as bad as my mother and MIL. I didn't post there yesterday, and they are all wishing me happy labor and to hurry back and tell them what happened.

#24 of 207 Old 01-10-2005, 12:50 PM

Andy, I'm very sorry to hear about your friend.

I am throughly enjoying my day off. I'm sitting here sloth-ly at the computer eating pub cheese and cream crackers. Listening to the dogs playing. I dropped ds off at school today. I was feeling like such a bab mum, since this is the 1st time I'd ever done it and I didn't even know the procedure. But then as I was walking back to the car I was thinking how great it is that I will be able to do it again and again and again...... He usually takes the bus but we all had a late start this morning.
I was up at 5 and couldn't get back to sleep so I crept downstairs and woke dh up for some "adult fun". That was very nice. There hasn't been much of that going on for way too long. First he was weirded out by the baby men! Then I told him that I was sore after (it was way worth it though) so then he didn't want to hurt me. Things were going well, then he learned that sex can help to start labor. He is so anti-hospital birth now that he didn't want to "risk it" before 37 weeks. So now there's nothing holding me, ahhh I mean us back.

Speaking of being 37 weeks dh's family/friends have already started calling asking if the baby's come yet. I am so not going to be able to take this. The baby is not even due until the END OF THE MONTH!!!!!!!! It just irks me so much. I understand that everyone is excited blah blah blah but really I don't care. That has to be one of the rudest and annoying things you can do. Do they really think nobody will let them know? Thankfully they don't ask me (the fact that I never answer the phone helps)

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
#25 of 207 Old 01-10-2005, 12:58 PM

I'm just sitting here watching the dogs play and Emma, the bichon, she's 1, keeps stealing everything that Louie (chihuahua-4 mths) is playing with and jumping onto the couch with it staying right on the edge becuase she knows he can't reach. He keeps jumping up trying to get on the couch yapping because he wants his stuff back. Its too funny

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
#26 of 207 Old 01-10-2005, 01:58 PM

Az, too funny on the puppies! Mine only plays with her toys if we have another dog visiting, and she has to realize they are having fun with her stuff and then she takes it all away.

And the mailman came, he brought back 2 envelopes (Ann and Kathy, your beads were sent back for not enough $$ on them) and brought one for me (from me) and another for me from HI - I've never seen a bone bead before! And such beautiful cards are coming with the beads, I feel like a sloth for sending my old notes out without pretty pictures or anything.

Ok, time to get in the shower, and then off to midwife, and I'm going to see about getting a haircut today too. Must do something, other than sit here staring at the walls!

Lisa

#27 of 207 Old 01-10-2005, 02:01 PM

Cute dogs, Az. Did you really mean "pub cheese and cream crackers" ?
Lisa, a doggie overnight bag. That's funny. Like a diaper bag for your dog.

Mar, thanks for the cell phone story. DH is not very good about carrying his. He likes to leave it in the kitchen or his desk drawer. I'll remind him that from now until baby-day, he must carry it all the time.

Jessica, no rush on the beads! They'll go out when they go.

Nuts about all the end-of-Jan moms getting calls already! Nobody has called me to ask, thank goodness. My aunts in Tennessee are starting to pack bags already, waiting for the call. I love that my whole family is as excited about this babe as I am.

Y'all are making me glad that I'm still working. The job keeps me occupied all day, instead of staying home waiting for the baby to come. I would go nuts.
#28 of 207 Old 01-10-2005, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa2976
Ann and Kathy, your beads were sent back for not enough $$ on them
Oh no!!! That is so disappointing I took them right to the PO counter, and the clerk looked at them and told me the price for hand processing & everything! Grrrrrrr..... How much postage is everyone else putting on them? I got Andy's, which is also strange.

I have a few beads leftover, so I'll try to pop one in the mail for you Lisa! Sorry about that

I'm in a cleaning & baking frenzy this morning! It's funny, because even after a full 7 1/2 hours of sleep last night I woke feeling just exhausted, like all I wanted to do was burrow under the covers and snooze the day away. Somehow, DD did not agree that this was a good plan!
I lazed on a mat on the living room floor for an hour while she watched her favorite Little People show, and that gave me a bit more oomph to get up and get some stuff done.
I'm going to *finally* visit my friend this afternoon, toddler-free I'm hoping! She had her baby boy on Christmas Eve, and between being sick and the holiday stuff I haven't had a chance to visit yet. I'm baking a banana-chocolate chip bread to bring with me

My parents arrive tomorrow night, and I vascillate between being SOOOO grateful and feeling a bit anxious that I'll end up feeling a bit too crowded and stared at , if you know what I mean. Still, really it's the only thing that we could do & I am looking forward to seeing them. I guess my hormones just make me jump all over the place.

Azreial, it sounds like you're having a wonderfully relaxing day off! ENJOY!!

I've set up a little "birth alter", with lots of lovely candles and the beads that I have so far on a string. It looks pretty, and I feel a sense of calm and peace when I look at it

Oh, the Banana bread's done!
#29 of 207 Old 01-10-2005, 02:47 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azreial
Things were going well, then he learned that sex can help to start labor. He is so anti-hospital birth now that he didn't want to "risk it" before 37 weeks. So now there's nothing holding me, ahhh I mean us back.
Az-- from what i have heard, unless you are high risk, you have to have sex something like five times in a hour to get enough of the hormones to actually induce. we were never that energetic. as long as we both end up happy in the end, we are FINISHED...of course, having a huge creature between you and your partner creates its own challenges. i was just thinking last night that perhpas i should not point out where body parts are and talk about the baby as part of foreplay...that might weird me out if i was my husband. he doesn't mind though. i think he figures it will be at least a month after baby comes before i'll let him touch me, so we might as well have sex when the kids are asleep and we have any energy at all. i wish we had enough energy to keep going for that natural induction. more power to those of you who do.
#30 of 207 Old 01-10-2005, 02:51 PM

Well, I managed to miss this new thread, and posted on the old one, so here's my story again:

Our Sunday Night DRess Rehearsal

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, maybe it's because dd had a nap, and dh and i tried some of the natural induction menthods involving prostaglandin and oxytocin. We got a lot prepared for the baby this weekend, so maybe things were just ready. At 7:15 last night I started having surges, actually duringa hypno script. First they were five minutes, so I kept making spicy tacos while sipping some raspberry tea (it has some raspberyy leaves in it, but they're low on the list). But 8:30 they were 2 minutes apart and I had trouble speaking during them, so we called the mw and my sister. The mw arrived some time after 9, checked me out, etc. I was 2-3 cm but not effaced. I decided to hop in the tub around 11, (i'd tried to do another script, but dd protested, and she knows how to operate the cd player, which happens to be hers, so instead of "deepening' I got "the rocky road to dublin", from her cd of pub music!) while waiting for my sister to come over and take dd for a drive to put her to sleep. Unfortuantely, dd loves my sister, and her arrival did not have the soothing effect we'd hoped for. The tub felt great, but things seemed to slow down, and I was getting sleepy, so we decided it'd be best to go to sleep and wait for things to pick up. We sent the mw home, sis and dd got back with dd wide awake, and I got out of the tub, at about 12.
Well, bedtime with dd is often a struggle, and right now she seems to be transitioning out of having a nap, so her naps end up being late in the day/evening, plus when my sis comes over, she won't go to bed. So, sparing the gruesome details, I had to nurse her twice, and we still didn't get to sleep till about 2 am. When I went to bed, I was having surges porbably every 5 minutes. Sometime while I slept, they completely went away. The mw had told dh that she thought if dd would go to sleep (this was at 10-ish), that I'd go further into labour, but we had such a problem getting her to sleep!
So anyway, no baby yet.

However, all the rushing around we did to get the last minute things done was probably good!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page