feeling.... psychedelic? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 01-10-2005, 07:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am in my 39th week...first pregnancy. My baby's head has been engaged for two weeks now. For the last few days I have been feeling very strange...I will try to describe. I feel as though I am mildly hallucinating ...I am more senstive to sound and light...and just the experience of walking the planet. The best word I can think of is "psychedelic."

Today I tried to explain this to my midwife. However (I live in Germany) I really couldn't get her to understand...perhaps it's a matter of us having different first languages. I feel like my baby is going to be here very soon...within days. But my midwife exclaimed that she knows my baby and it will not be here for 3 weeks or so. She laughed and told me "all first-time mothers think that." I really wish she attempted to nurture my instincts a little more.

Have any of you ever experienced these "trippy" feelings? Or, experienced the days leading up tp labor and the birth as a very psychedelic experience?
I must admit that my favorite book thus far on birth is Ina's "Spiritual Midwifery..."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 01-11-2005, 06:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sounds like fun!
Guess we'll see who was right soon enough, you or the midwife.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page