PIOmama: 1/18 with #5
Peace4you (Jen): 1/19 with #1
Nathansmom (norah): BORN 12/20, Zach 6 lbs 8 oz 18 in, Noah 5 lbs 14 oz 17.5 in
Majick1 (Celeste): 1/20 with #3, homebirth
Marysmama (Gen): Born 1/13, Henry Paul, 8 lbs. 6 oz, 21 in
sweetpeasmom (Laura):Born 10/11, Megan 1 lb 11 ozs, 13 in
AmyB: Born 1/3, 6 lbs 14 oz
Babytime: 1/22 with #2 (GIRL)
Mamabeca (Andy) due 1/22 w/#2 , m/w asstd homebirth.
Zonapellucida (Heidi): 1/23 with #7 (BOY), planned UC
Jwhiskeycat: 1/24 with #1
Flyjawn: 1/25 with #1 (GIRL)
Fromscatteredtribe: 1/26 with #4 (BOY),homebirth
Slygrrl (Kathy): 1/26 with #2, homebirth
sadkitty: 1/27 thru 2/1 with #2, waterbirth at birth center
Proudmom: 1/27 with #2 (GIRL), homebirth
LittleBrownDog (Leigh):1/27 with a girl
Parkersmama (Kristin): 1/27 with #2, hospital VBAC
Human Being (Heidi): 1/28 with #1, homebirth
NadiaSJ (Nadia): 1/28 with #3
Azreial: 1/29 with #2 (GIRL)
HelloKitty (Kitty): 1/30 with #4
icxcnika: late Jan with #2 natural hospital birth
tofumama: Born 1/04, Max Richard, 7 lbs 6 oz, 21 in
Jessitron (Jessica): late Jan with #1, homebirth
Zanelee (Jennifer): late Jan with #2
Malama: late Jan with #3
Milk4two (Adria): late Jan with twins
Chiromom (Mar): late Jan with child #3, planning UC
Parthenia: late Jan/early Feb with #2 (still one of us!)
rubysmomjess(Jess): Jan with #2, homebirth

HokieGirl: ? with ? (GIRL)
#2 of 210 Old 01-16-2005, 06:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, the arrivals are filling out. We'd been hoping it would be this weekend, but now there's a blizzard coming tonight, and the power's likely to go out. I told dh (who was worried about not being able to boil water for sterilizing) that we could just do a full lotus birth. I also remember reading about alternatives to the clips the use in hospitals to tie the cord, but I can't remember what was used.
Anyway, as much as I'd like to have this baby, maybe not tongiht. I had surges all night, so I got up and went for an early morning walk, and all it did was make the surges stop and wipe me out of energy and make my hips sore. :-(

Well, we're half way through the month now!!!
#3 of 210 Old 01-16-2005, 09:37 PM

Hi all---

Could those who got envelopes and no beads from me PM, I thought I'd just pick it up from comments, but I'd have to come through the last few weeks of posts...Lisa is the only one I remember saying her bead was lost, cause I actually put that one in an envelope right away. I think Andy's didn't make it to her either..

I got proud mom's too, thanks so much!

Love the belly henna pics. I love seeing photos of you all and yer families. I hope you are feeling more free and clear. I know what you mean about birth fears just at the end. Now my baby is so much more visible, and I get tons of comment sabout how small I am, I came up with some weird fears too. We were watching discovery health channel and there was a show with the little kids that age too fast-I forget what it's called, but it actually briefly freaked me out -I was like, "listen, I have a preference for a normal baby. Everyone thinks I have so much patience God would just give me a SN kid, cause I could handle it..." I looked up whatever that disease was on the internet and there are like 8 living kids in the US with it. SO I let it go. It was funny casue I have had few worries about health or birth. I had that irrational fear, and when everyone kept saying I was small I briefly feared spina bifida cause I was a slacker on vitamins, and thought it would be shameful and ironic if a midwife had a kid with a problem so easily prevented by something like vitamins.

I appreciate you have not been reading about birth. I've got a great lending library, and kept all the ones with pictures of growing babies to myself early pregnancy. Then I pulled out the bond with your bay ones in utero ones, but was very bad at that kid of discipline...lately I have "Mother Nature" which is poetic and dreamy thoughts on motherhood and birth, inspirational stuff, or Sacred birthing, which is also more inspirational than technical. I have been trying to do the self healing things in Sacred Birthing- basically laying down and asking to receive what you need for the birth to be clear- more a prayerful mediatation kind of thing she calls a map session.

And what a talented mom you have Jess, hope it was fun hanging out wiht mom. The mural is great, I see many fun action set happening in front of that wall in the future...

And Az, Well done on expressing your needs about the after birth time. In ayurveda, Indian medicine, they say postpartum is a time you can age very quickly because you are so open. It is important to take time to heal and reenter gently. In ayurveda women get massaged daily to get the organs back in place and fed special foods. A grandma also massages baby daily, too. Is a nice ideal to go for, imagining being cared for and nurtured while so open. We have a paper we give away for folks to put on their door that is written from the baby that says somethin about how everyone is tired, please limit visits, mom is a glow in love that is meant for the baby and other kids so please respect that. If I had it on disk I'd offer to e-mail, but i only have a hard copy. Since it is written in the new babe's voice it is getnle and not offensive I think.

Another BC thought for condom users, someone said they get irritated by them/. Try the brand Avanti by Durex. They are non-latex, thinner, conduct heat better and generally better. I hate using latex after using those. Sinc ethey are non latex you can us eoil with them as a lube. They are not approved by FDA to prevent STDs, so they arenot marketed much, but if your primary goal is no preg they are great.

I used all your bead to contribute to my blessingway necklace. We had a great circle here at my home yesterday- totally awesome. First off ,the house was clean finally after al lthese months of strife- that alone got me high! I felt so good to be able to negotiate my space and see it all tidiedup. We had our birth team meeting with my mom in the morning., my sisite rwhos been difficult was sick with a sore throat and couldn't make it. I always thin Louise Hay style on illness- what does it mean, so it was appropriate her throat was sore- Throat Chakra means what did she need to say she can't/ or said she shouldn't have. I meanwhile have had a stomach ache from not "being able to stomach it". But anyway she wasn't at the birth team meeting, which was sad casue it was great- my two good friend sare my midwves and are so inclusive of my husband. He got really into his thoughts and fears about parenthood, it was great to have him do that. I learned alot. It was extra great that it was done in front of my mom cause she will be at the birth and is not really part of the intimate dynamics between us. I feel like she'll be much more in tune with our process in birth now she's heard more from him.

Then afterwards people came over for the blessing way. There were about 20 or so people from all eras and time sin my life, it was so amazing. I sat between my mom and my grandma, they were both crying at various times. There were lots of tears and it was all so sweet. We did a special blessing for dh at the end cause I felt almost guilty I was getting all this great juice for the birth and he was out, so he came back and sat in the circle at the end too. Everyone strang a bead on the necklace, and when it was done I put all of your on it too and sent you all blessings for your births and gratitude for being support for me. You are all so smart and on the same page as me, I appreciate it so much!

Lisa, if you are still overdue, again, as Karen says just trust. Baby does know what it is doing! If you do end up doing any induction-y things, castor oil works great if your cervix is ready. It does make you commit to some toilet time, which is so unpleasant, but I think it is safer and more effective than the herbs. Just my two cents.

On mother milk tea- I like it personally, and have client sthat warn seriously about taking it unless needed, it is effective enough to caus epainful engorgement according to several friends. Also, barley and oats are good for making milk. And any green supplement like barley green, wheat grass, or spirulina or such helps too.

SO, I figure it usually takes a few days of doing noting for me to come down off adrenal overload. Hopefully I can get that now, and the phones and all won't get going to much for work, etc. my hous eis clean, a sanctuary again. Today we just rested, I am actually fighting some cold or such, so we rested, made soup, took astragalus, zinc, vit c and echinachea, and I took an essential oil bath. Hope it doesn't get serious...

All the best, Heidi who will now destress....
#4 of 210 Old 01-16-2005, 10:25 PM

Me too! My edd is today, (Jan 16th) but as it is 8:24 pm and nothings happening yet, I don't think today is the day. I even had spicy Indian food for lunch and eggplant parm for dinner.
Stephanie
#5 of 210 Old 01-16-2005, 10:48 PM

Aloha all,
i had such a glorious morning but now pregnancy aches/ pains and funk have set in again. I heard that my mws friend's daughter, who i wrote about earlier had her baby last night. A 5 hour first labor. My mw said she walked into the house to see the mw grandma in her birth apron and her hubby (the grandpa) in his, basking in the glow of their daughter pushing. She said it was truly magical. I'm really happy for them.

We went to the beach-I snorkeled and saw so many fishies and a huge turtle and could almost ignore my pelvic pain for a bit. But afterwards I'm suffering. Also got to see my first whales this season (didn't think I'd have this babe w/o seeing any- good sign!). THe humpbacks come here to have THEIR babies and nurse them big for the journey back to their feeding grounds.

So now my pelvis hurts a lot and I coulnd't sleep for my nap- just rested. ugh.

Nicole- sounds like you have plenty of milk- even for one day away from the babe. Could you pump on one side now while he nurses the other and sve that milk? If a forceful letdown is causing the gas, then you probably don't need the milk boosting stuff....

Kathy- so awesome you're enjoying your parents and that they're so helpful!!! Keep them around for AFTER the birth when you really need help!!!

Heidi- your blessingway and all sounds like it was wonderful. How great that you included your dh-- men need something like that too, since the journey into fatherhood is so profound for them. We tend to neglect them because they aren't going through the same physical changes, but their emotional state surely feels it!!!
I so hear you on watching that program- fears about rare and random illness AND the spina bifida fear-- that one came up for me several times. At this (or any) point, we just have to TRUST. I truly am at peace with this stuff after crying the other day. Tears are so great for purging like that for me..... gets soooo much out.
And those dumb comments about how small you are- DUMB!!! I know you know that, but I hate how people see pregnant women as these public things that need commentary. Either women get the "you're sooooo huge, are you sure you're not having twins"/ "you look like you're gonna pop any second" (when they may have months to go). Or the "you're soooo tiny" UGH! We all carry our babies differently, and I know you've seen women who carry small and have great sized babies- I have seen my share of them!!!

At the beach today there was this little boy of about 5 who was just staring at my belly forever. He just stood there and stared, all mesmerized. It was sweet. By the end of our time there, as the beach crowded up I had to get out of there- I was so tired of being looked at....

somehow I feel better after writing....thanks mamas!
#6 of 210 Old 01-16-2005, 11:36 PM

WOW - Congratulations to you mamas doing such a great job keping in touch with us like the one-armed bandit...playing slots with a life beyond diapers is hard hard hard! I applaud you! Thanks especially to Gen for keeping the new thread going! You ROCK sista!

Had a good day today, with my kidhood friends up for a mini-sprinkling. They couldn't come last week because of the weather, but managed today and withOUT my mother. Both my mom and my mw called to "check in". I guess they both had a feeling ... although there were ctx last night, they were gone by about 4am and nothing since. sigh. I guess I neglected to mention this to my mom... just kind of told her to quit bugging me about it.

Lots of fetal movement, so I'm thinking the little bean isn't too comfy in there. Probably getting just a leetle crowded .

Hang tough Karen. Your beach time, although dragging in some extra annoyance, sounds like it's doing you a lot of good, too. Relaxation, visualization, etc. is all so excellent for you. My hips hurt now too. Baby is very low. I'm not too huge, which for me is excellent (and I know you aren't either) - last time round I gained 60 lbs and hurt EVERYWHERE! It was uuuuuglee. Dis one not so bad...

Lisa - you still hanging in there? I'm thinking 'bout you!

Nicole - sounds like you are doing an EXCELLENT job with Will. I will refrain from food advice, as I and my fam. do have serious food allergy issues. It doesn't sound like you/yours do. That's a major blessing! Why do you want to increase milk - it really sounds like you've got loads...

Heidi - your blessing way and birth group mtg. sound fabulous. I wish I had enough people around me to support such an effort, but I don't. Oh well. I tend to move a lot (about every 5 yrs. or so), so it's my own darned fault for not settling down and building some strong long term friendships. I'm lucky I have any that have lasted since high school! I think haveing the support of your family is so amazing! I hope the next few days give you some peace and quiet. I got mine today!

I really did not get even a bruise from that little spill last night! I am, however, having a massage tomorrow that I am SO looking forward to... with or w/out the fall!

Ok, feeling like getting a little more done on my visualization book for the birth. Have a great night all! andy

PS - same goes here for the re-beading. I know I've got Lisa's packaged already to go on Tues., and I re-sent to Nicole, Heidi and Karen (anyone get their's yet?)...how about Jess and Ann? Kathy - did you got yours?

Mama to B and O , wife to J and me to me! :
#7 of 210 Old 01-16-2005, 11:41 PM

I'm just having another *still pregnant* day. My house is a mess so I doubt I will go into labor tonight.

Mar
#8 of 210 Old 01-17-2005, 12:50 AM

Wow, Gen, you had your little one and started us for the new week. Congratualtions again.

Lisa seems to be quiet. Perhaps that is a good sign??

Nicole, when I went back to work PT after ds, I pumped after he finished. I had a fair amount for him. I was only gone for 4 hours though. Not sure it that helps.

Sounds like everyone is feeling like me. Just kinda done. My aunt was POSITIVE that I would have the baby yesterday. It was her birthday. I had ds on her son's birthday (my cousin), and he is getting married on my anniversary. She was sure it would happen. I kind of thought perhaps she had some link to the cosmic world, but alas today I woke up pregnant. When I told dh about my aunt's prediction, he said he needed a few more weeks. Hello, who's pregnant here????

I have to resend beads too. I think only one person received an empty envelope. Perhaps I will start a new post for everyone to list the beads they have received and the empty envelops

I actually feel ready for babe to come. DH and our work crew painted our great room (family/kitchen) and livinng room. DH painted the dresser. I cleaned out the closet and even went through some drawers of mine. Major purging going on! DH just needs to put the knobs on the dresser and bring it inside (drying on the patio) and I think the major projects are done.

Saw my mw today. All looks well. She said baby is in a great position and has moved down. We watched two videos about birth/celebration. DS just curled right up with her to watch them. It was very cute. Of course, I cried.

Not much else going on. Sorry so rambly....

Proudmom
#9 of 210 Old 01-17-2005, 01:07 AM

Hi Ladies,

Thanks for all the wonderful advice regarding the gas and Will. I have decided to wait and see for the next couple of weeks while his GI system matures more.

As for wanting to increase my milk, I must confess something. I am perpetually worried that becuase my breasts don't feel full like they did when my milk came in, that I am not making enough. That, combined with the fact that eventually, come this summer, I will have to send Will to the DCP, and I will only be able to actually nurse before work, 1 time during the day and in the evening and I am always unsure that he is getting enough. I will be pumping during the day eventually, but still, I get worried.

This happened with DD, so I was not surprised that it happened again. Anyway, it just takes a couple of people to snap me back into reality. Thanks for doing that!

Have a good night. We are just waiting for the sheets to dry and then we are going to sleep.

On a positive note, I am now 1.5 pounds away from my pre-pregnancy weight! BFing is a wonderful diet too, and I haven't even been terribly careful about what I am eating!

Nicole
#10 of 210 Old 01-17-2005, 01:46 AM

oh Nicole.... so many mamas worry about their milk supplies.... a feeling of fullness does not indicate you have enough to make for your baby!!! The best measure is Will- enough wet and poopy diapers? gaining weight? And if you can keep him with you until the summer- well you have tons of time. Don't stress mama- sounds like you're doing excellent!!!!

Maybe we're all so anxious for our babies because the month is now half over (or half beginning???). I've told the world that I was due at the end of the month, but truly, I'm 40 weeks this week (I can tell you all that- no one will start bugging me here ). I have no idea how long I'm gonna go, but I'm ready. And I've gained more than in my other pregnancies- 40 lbs. I know I look fine, but the weight is hard to carry. I'm a small person, so 40 lbs is a large percentage of my normal weight. whatever.
#11 of 210 Old 01-17-2005, 05:05 AM

Good middle of the night gals. Seems we'll be having a baby today or so, as I was just about to fall back to sleep when my water broke. Talk about a river! I'm not having any significant contractions either, but if I'm anything like my mom, this is how it goes.

I have a few beads to resend here, but they'll have to wait until we come home. Going to get a little sleep and finish the laundry I just put in. Poor dh was seriously confused when I woke him, and now he's just wide awake.

It's still snowing here, and it's coooollldddd!
Lisa

Lisa, mama to Lauren, Elliot, angel Marion, and baby due in the fall.
#12 of 210 Old 01-17-2005, 09:48 AM

Well, we're snowed in. Both doors have a coupld feet in front of them...

As far as milk, once your breasts settle in to making the right amount to match the demand, they won't feel as full. That's part of the beauty of it - you don't have to walk around overfull all the time, your breasts make just the right amount!
#13 of 210 Old 01-17-2005, 10:14 AM

YAY Lisa!!!! How exciting I wish you a beautiful birthing & can't wait to hear your update!

It's c-c-c-cold here too. Well, for the South it's cold, anyway. Last night DH and I went to a movie, and I actually RAN back to the car (he said I looked like a sprinting wrestler... oh, what a sweet man... ) it was that cold out! No snow, but definitely frigid this morning.

I didn't get to bed last night until just after 1, and now here I am up at 7. Sigh... I just don't seem to be able to sleep in anymore, and it's crazy because DD is actually still snoozing. Oh well, a quiet house to myself is a nice thing.

Nicole, I have to second what Karen said about milk supply. If Will is having lots of wet diapers, I wouldn't worry one bit! You may be someone who's breasts just "settle in" nice & quick

Karen, . I know what you mean about feeling a bit like "where are you, Baby??" Although I'm not yet 40 wks, this is whole new territory for me since DD was already a week old this time last pregnancy! I wonder all the time if I'm somehow keeping him/her inside with stuff going on in my head, but DH keeps telling me that Baby will know when to come... that has to become my mantra, I think Yours does too, and oh so soon we'll all be holding them in our arms (and getting much less sleep...lol)

I'm feeling a lot of relief because I had a good talk with my parents where I was able to gently but firmly make clear that I wish to birth alone with our midwives if I go into labor when DH is gone (it was always pretty obvious that they would leave if he is home). It may sound silly, but I feel like just having that out in the open has lifted such a weight from my shoulders! I had always spoke of being a pretty private birther, but my Mom had been making a few jokes over the week about what they'd be doing while I was in labor. I was pretty sure that they WERE just jokes, but it was beginning to cause me a bit of stress. So, now all is clear as a bell & everyone is happy
#14 of 210 Old 01-17-2005, 10:17 AM

I missed that post. Yay Lisa!!!
#15 of 210 Old 01-17-2005, 10:59 AM

Go Lisa! Happy Birthing Dance for you! Happy birthday little baby!

I want to thank you all for the words of encouragement on the whole bfing issue. I may be pretty confident in most other areas, but this one still gets to me after the issues I had with DD who was the most troublesome nurser ever!

Nicole
#16 of 210 Old 01-17-2005, 11:01 AM

I'm still home.. irregular contractions, needed sleep, still irregular. Thinking of going out for breakfast. Lots of protein to get me through the day. Although now that I'm upright and moving a bit, the contractions at least seem to feel a bit stronger and maybe even a little more regular. Time to find a clock and see what's up.

P&A crazy snow you have! The plows came by very early this morning, so it looks pretty ok out there, but it's COLD. I think poor dh is going to have to go warm the car for me.

See you guys in a few days,
Lisa (made it to 42 weeks!)

Lisa, mama to Lauren, Elliot, angel Marion, and baby due in the fall.
#17 of 210 Old 01-17-2005, 11:51 AM

: : Lisa I'm so happy for you. It must be a huge weight off your mind to have things going finally.

Hedi, Thanks for your sup : port about my limiting vistiors. I had talked to dh about putting a sign on the door incase anyone was "in the neighborhood", but dh insits that is rude Personally I think anyone who is just going to drop in on someone with a newborn is way ruder than any sign. But that is just how some of the differences on how we were raised show up. He has tons of family pressure to be everything as a family and that you should have everyone you know see the new baby right away, seriously I think he said his cousin had over 75 visitors for the 2 days she was in the hospital : and more after they got home. Whereas in my family no body would be instulted if you said "you know what I just had a baby I feel like crap, why don't we say a week from now" But then again my family that I actually count as family, not just blood relatives, is all women who are on the "crunchy side" to some degree. One aunt had a hb in the mid-80s and horrified all her friends. My mum is a massage therapist who used to work in a chinese medicine clinic training under the guy there. Plus they are all pretty open about things, no hiding in the other room breatfeeding, and I had no false notions about birth, no horror stories either

Nicole, I had a really big let down with ds and he had terrible gas and spitting up. He does have dairy issues, but so don't I so I didn't really eat dairy. Some kids are just like that. Do try and get Will breast milk as long as possible becuase when ds started getting formula, the gas and spitting up were horrific.

We got the big snow storm here last night. We were supposed to get close to 8 inches. I have no idea what we got since all the windows are cied over and I can't see out. DH went out plowing last night. I really didn't want him to go. So much so that I started have pretty intense contractions, not at all reguar but painful. I had him take my cell phone "just in case" and the ctx stopped shortly after he went downstairs to bed. Our bodies just amaze me sometimes.

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
#18 of 210 Old 01-17-2005, 01:27 PM

: : : Yay Lisa! I was thinking about you in the middle of the night.... I hope things go smoothly!!!

Sorry to hear it's so cold for everyone.... but that sounds nice for being all cozy up near a fire or something.
I had a seriously weepy evening last night. My hips are just so sore and I was feeling so OVER it. I can't believe I let myself go there!! Dh and I went on a walk after we put the kids to bed and it was nice to get out and look at the moon and stars- but I had to force myself to enjoy it. Mar's posts- short and to the point mirror my feelings to a tee!!!!

Az- 75 visitors in 2 days That is SOOOO not OK!!! WTF??? How can you establish bf, rest, or anything with that type of visitation? And the germs!!! (i'm not generally germ phobic, but everyone is sick around here, so I've thought about it for this new babe). I like Heidi's idea of a note written from baby's perspective- would be sweeter than written by you!

I think i'm gonna go back to bed- too early here!!!
#19 of 210 Old 01-17-2005, 01:59 PM

Go Lisa! Go Lisa! Go Lisa!

I hope your birthing goes so well! I have been thinking about you lots and hoping something like this would happen - just get you on the road and walking... speaking of which I think that is the best advice ... WALK - make a curcuit and ground it into the floor, wear away the rugs, just keep moving. Until the ctx are strong and regular, keep moving. Walk stairs. If you're REALLY feeling brave, you and dh can brave the cold, but be really careful outside. Inside routes are probably just as effective and safer.

Karen - so you and me are both 40 wks now. Still pregnant. Ready. I hear ya sista! I keep saying end of the month to people who ask, just to get the off my back about it, but I know that this baby is any day now. Very low, lots of front-runner ctx, I think (read: hope!) that once labor starts it'll go reasonably fast for us. God I hope so! I plan on moving and moving and moving to keep the ctx strong, because I know that once I stall it can be FOREVER getting back on the path. Ugh. Just hope the baby stays in a good position.

P&A - you're 40wks and ready, too, it sounds like. I do hope something happens for you soon, too!

Az - tell dh that we don't think it's rude to put a note on the door telling people you are getting some rest. I think it's totally appropriate! I've done it for numerous friends, and have stopped by at someone else's house on one occasion to find the note up and just left stuff by the door and come back another day to visit. Not a big deal, at ALL.

Anyone else getting seriously swollen feet/ankles? By 10pm mine are like little balloons. ugh. Maybe the massage this afternoon will help. sigh.

Ok, lots to do, hope you are all keeping/sleeping well. xxx andy

Mama to B and O , wife to J and me to me! :
#20 of 210 Old 01-17-2005, 02:08 PM

I'm obsessed. I'm obsessed with whether each little thing is a *sign* of labor and I am obsessed with trying to stop thinking about it and just know that it will happen when it is supposed to. I feel like a nutcase. I am a nutcase.

My *rational* plan is to not expect the baby for at least another week plus. In my *emotional* reality, everything seems to be a sign of imminent labor. Am I this nuts everytime or do I forget?

I'm not going to post much more or I will start repeating myself (obsessive!).

OCD girl (Mar) signing off!
#21 of 210 Old 01-17-2005, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiromom
I'm obsessed. I'm obsessed with whether each little thing is a *sign* of labor and I am obsessed with trying to stop thinking about it and just know that it will happen when it is supposed to. I feel like a nutcase. I am a nutcase.

My *rational* plan is to not expect the baby for at least another week plus. In my *emotional* reality, everything seems to be a sign of imminent labor. Am I this nuts everytime or do I forget?

I'm not going to post much more or I will start repeating myself (obsessive!).

OCD girl (Mar) signing off!
ummmmmm.... could you be my long lost twin mar????????
#22 of 210 Old 01-17-2005, 02:14 PM

Yay Lisa! Hurray baby! I hope it is a beautiful birth today for you. (Or tomorrow) Your baby will be fat and have lots of brain cells, with that extra couple weeks you gave him.
#23 of 210 Old 01-17-2005, 02:17 PM

AND, dh is just as obsessed. He asks me every morning if something is new.... today I said that my hips really hurt last night. He is sure that since it's something different, it's something..... geesh.... we're a horrible bunch!!!!!
Good news, is that if the baby is waiting for my mom to get here, she'll be here in 5 days. I think she'd rather it be born right before she arrives, but WHATEVER!!!
#24 of 210 Old 01-17-2005, 02:24 PM

Chiromom,
I am SO with you right now. My due date was yesterday and I'm still extremely pregnant!
Steph (begging to the baby gods!)
#25 of 210 Old 01-17-2005, 02:49 PM

Lisa----May the force be with you! Hooray, so glad things have gotten going....and so glad you don't have the strep thing to worry about either!
I hope you surrender well to what ever is ahead

And due date mamas, Karen, Mar, and Steph...hang in there! I am also sending birth vibes to you all...I hope you can surrender to what is happening, or not, in the moment.

Glad your birth plans are all clarified Kathy..in the SAcred birtihng book it says parents invite many people to a birth, but only the ones the baby invites will attend. So remeber to keep that high visiioon of the birth, that whoever is there, husband or not, parents or whatever, it will all hold the perfect lessons that both you and baby need to negotiate life....

Also, on Will's fussy stomach, what do you all think of gripe water. Its got ginger and fennel, etc, and got some at the blessingway as a gift from a mom with a 3 month old says it;'s a life saver...any thoughts?

Well, I am taking it easy today in my nice clean house. Have a lovely day ladies, and a lovely birth Lisa!

Heidi
#26 of 210 Old 01-17-2005, 03:07 PM

Malama and Steph, sounds like you are now our Overly Pregnant moms for the time being, since Lisa shouldn't be pregnant much longer (if she still is). Is anyone else past 40 weeks? Mar?

Andy, your bead came, and juuuuust barely stayed in. The little plastic bag had a hole worn in it that was 1/2 the size of the bead. yay bead! way to stay in there.

Heather, your bead arrived too. It may be a good idea to start a new Missing Bead thread, since we're all sooooo chatty lately.

Thanks everybody for the comments on the nursery! Heidi, action scenes is just what I'm thinking - My Little Ponies or GI Joe, somebody will build castles or fortresses in the desert and the jungle and the mountains.

Andy, those coming-and-going contractions must be aggravating. I s'pose I'm in for that in a few weeks. So far this babe shows no signs of being ready to emerge. I may finish knitting this baby afghan after all.

i found out today that I get a good bonus from work this year, at the end of the month. It should cover what we'll owe on last year's taxes, plus a little left over. Yay!
#27 of 210 Old 01-17-2005, 03:18 PM

HI all!
Lisa - YAY! Hope you had a great birth!

First day of no work. The last couple of days I have been feeling really crazy in the mornings. Poor dd has to endure my cleaning frenzy. By afternoon I feel a bit better.

I need to get to a point where I feel "ready" for this baby. I honestly think that's what's holding me back. But I'm only at 39 weeks today...

I don't have much to say and I'm feeling a bit unlovable today so I think I'll sign off.

Have a good day everyone!
#28 of 210 Old 01-17-2005, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malama
Az- 75 visitors in 2 days That is SOOOO not OK!!! WTF??? How can you establish bf, rest, or anything with that type of visitation? And the germs!!! (i'm not generally germ phobic, but everyone is sick around here, so I've thought about it for this new babe). I like Heidi's idea of a note written from baby's perspective- would be sweeter than written by you!
I don't know how she did it, but from what I understand that is the norm with any baby born into dh's family. I think the 12 from his family ( dh's parents and 9 of his brothers and sisters + grandmother) that we agreed upon is a lot. However that is the price to pay for marrying into such a large family. I can't really refuse anyone of them. DH says he is going to take care of any uninvited guests, so I'm sure he'll be for the sign in a couple of days. Plus I just won't answer the door. I really don't care.

Mar, I think all of us are obsessing over any tiny thing being a sign of labor coming

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
#29 of 210 Old 01-17-2005, 04:47 PM

Sending good birthing vibes your way, Lisa!!

I made a huge error today. I thought I would check out my varicosity with the hand mirror. Oh my goodness!!! It was not pretty. That in turn made me wish the baby would just go ahead and be born. What is the hold-up (and I am not even 40 wks yet).

I made another mistake and looked at the calendar to identify 42 weeks. That date seems SO far away!! I give huge kudos to you, Lisa. I don't know how you did it with such a good attitude. tOday I am just feeling melancholy and grumpy.

Proudmom
#30 of 210 Old 01-17-2005, 07:09 PM

Oh, wow Lisa! Hurray!

Andy- I got the first envelope from you sans bead

Everyone hang in there! Babies are coming, I swear.... Full moon is next weekend. Seems like last month we had a big rash of babies the week of the full moon.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page