4 y.o. sick - what if I catch it on eve of labor? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 01-20-2005, 02:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi, all. It's been ages since I posted since I've been so busy and so tired, but I do come by and read sometimes...I'm due next Wednesday, 1/26, and have been doing quite well. But now my 4 y.o. dd, who's been so healthy all fall, has developed a fever and headache. It's very rare for her; she doesn't tend toward fevers. There's a good chance it's just viral, but because of the issue of my entering labor soon and the baby coming home (I'll be trying for a midwife-assisted VBAC at a fab hospital birthing center), the pediatric nurse suggested I bring dd in to check for strep.

I guess I'm writing to ask for good vibes that dd recover quickly and that dh and I not catch it. But because information usually calms me down, I also want to know if any of you know about going into labor sick. Ugh, I hate to even think of it, but I feel I should prepare myself mentally as well as washing my hands incessantly. I guess i can hope that the baby will be late so as to give me time to recover...

Thanks,
Elisabet
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 01-20-2005, 11:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Do you use essential oils? Get a diffuser and use antibacterial/viral oils in the house- lavender, eucalyptus, red thyme, or tea tree oil in diffuser to disinfect the space, reduce chances you'l lall get sick. Or if you are unsure using oils on your own, I think young living oils has a mix for such occasions called Thieves. I always use lavender in hospital births cause of all the weird germs- its powerful and relaxing....

Otherwise, I bet you hold out till she's better. Astragalus herb tincture, Echinacea herb tea or tincture, vit c, and zinc are safe to build immunity, and elderberry syrup reduces the length of a viral illness (and tastes great, good for kids).

Also had a case recently where a two year old got his 2 week old sister sick and she was cleared up totally in two days after an accupuncture treatment (a good accupuncturist can treat babies, not with needles, don't fret! )

Get welll, and happy birthing....Heidi

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page