Jan 30 - Feb 5 - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 158 Old 02-05-2005, 07:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok Andy, send Beca and Ori over, I'll let you take Lauren for a few hours, that way I can get my sleep and you can remember what life was like with Beca as a baby.

We went out errand running today (left dh and Lauren in the car while I did my thing) and then went to grandmas to fix her computer and have lunch. My entire family showed up at grandma's when they heard we were coming, so it ended up being one big family fest. My little brother (25) who is usually pretty cool, excused himself from the room when I fed babe. Sometimes I wonder about him.

Now I'm very tired, but also feeling rested, if that's possible. Of course velcro baby could not be put down all afternoon, not even into grandma or greatgrandma's arms. Grr!

Wedding shower tomorrow, it's going to be a sling day for sure, for whatever reason, people who had no problem touching my belly or invading my space will now respect my space when I have her in the sling and not touch us. Good for keeping germies away.

Lisa

Lisa, mama to Lauren, Elliot, angel Marion, and baby due in the fall.
#122 of 158 Old 02-05-2005, 07:23 PM

Can I just share how AWESOME my son is(12 yo)? He took Luka thus am. put him in the sling and went outside. baby was asleep quickly. he kept him in there for awhile longer, laid him down on the bed and Luka slept 2+ hours. i didn't know what to do with myself. i did finish stringing all my beads on the mobile (not hung yet), sweot, washed diapers, ate.... omg.

i don't think i have it as easy as andy, but i'm not complaining!!
#123 of 158 Old 02-05-2005, 07:29 PM

just noticed my post count... last one was 499.... so i HAD to make 500. happy birthday to me :

maybe i should finally add a sig line......
#124 of 158 Old 02-05-2005, 09:00 PM

Happy 500 Karen!!! Lisa - sounds like a pretty great day for you, too! My dad has to leave the room when I feed - did with dd too. Sad. My mother, on the other hand, pushes my shirt away to see MORE - I think she's sad she didn't nurse us (much). Guests for dinner, dd with Ori (crying), so I'd better go. Have a great night all, and GO JESSI!!! xxx andy

Mama to B and O , wife to J and me to me! :
#125 of 158 Old 02-05-2005, 10:46 PM

Jessi, I'm sending some happy labor vibes your way. I hope you'll be cuddled up babe in arm soon.

Ann and Karen, roaches? YUCK YUCK YUCK!! HI so does not sound like a place for me, heat, humidity, yeast, roaches....I suppose its paradise to some. I'll take my cold and snow and changing season any day.

Quote:
If you don't go into labor by a certain day, do you risk out to the hospital? Is that why the prostaglandin?
Yep, I have until Saturday then its the hospital for me. Its not so much the idea of delevering in the hospital that bothers me, the midwives would still deliver and I wouldn't have to have the iv, efm etc, its the having to stay in the hospital that freaks me out. I had a very bad experience having to stay in a hospital 1 1/2 years ago, that my old therapist said that it seems like I had mild ptsd from the experience. I actually start feeling like I am going to have a panic attack just thinking about having to stay overnight in a hospital. So as much as I didn't want the prostaglandin at least I feel like there is some hope that I'll get a bc birth.

I love the helpful older siblings stories. Keep 'em coming. It give me hope.

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
#126 of 158 Old 02-05-2005, 11:28 PM

Sorry Andy, but little Beca is going to have to fly on over to Hawaii and visit her auntie and little cousins. Same with Ds1 Karen, send him on over to Oahu, dh will take him surfing I could use the extra hands. Not that I need anymore kids -- we have like half the neighborhood over here today, and its crazy! Seriously, you are soooo lucky to have such wonderful children. That's the benefit of spacing them far apart. Andy, Beca's post was really cute, from what you've said about her she sounds like quite the spritely one! And Ds1 one sounds like such a sweet sensitive soul, Karen.

Az -- hang in there. Now's the time to think about natural induction methods, maybe? I can understand being worried about the hospital. Is there anyway they would let you go home after 12 hours or so, given the labor went smoothly? That's what we did with V. Az, you're right, if you can't handle bugs HI is not the place for you, lol. The roaches are just the start of it...I guess that's the price we pay for paradise, haha.

Anways, we had a great day. Dh took ds fishing, my mom and I went into town, had lunch and went to the craft store. Dh ended up having to go into work, which is a bummer-but we had such a great day that I'm not too upset. Now we have all the neighborhood kids over, they are playing nicely. I'm trying to catch up on some projects. I think I overdid it with the swaps this month. I have 5...yikes!
#127 of 158 Old 02-06-2005, 01:16 AM

Az- well Saturday is a whole week away right? I know you'll do the right thing for you. I can certainly understand your NEED to stay away from the hospital. FWIW, I transported with my first to the hospital. We stayed exactly 4 hours after he was born- and it was that long because my mom was out trying to find us a carseat on a sunday afternoon in a small town. The nurses were so flustered, trying to admit ds1 while we were leaving and out the door.

My baby's had a sleeeeepppy day. Napped on me most of the time.... I wonder what the night will be like. But I acutally was able to prep dinner (ready-ish food, but I did it).

I am not sending ds1 anywhere- not to Oahu- though he'd love surfing. He's just learning and LOVES it. He hasn't gotten to get out in the last few weeks, with the weather and baby, and I know he's jonesin (?) to go....
oh baby awakes!

Despite the bugs and all, I living here. You certainly get used to those things!
#128 of 158 Old 02-06-2005, 01:44 AM

Oh well, thought I'd at least try :LOL Andy - the offer's still stands heehee...we can trade for one of my crazy boys. Just kidding -- they are too cute. I'll have to keep them.
#129 of 158 Old 02-06-2005, 02:04 PM

Veeerrry quiet morning..... hmmmm
#130 of 158 Old 02-06-2005, 02:57 PM

GOOOOOD Morning!!! We had such big sleeps last night, litle dude s such a champ. Thanks for all the kind words about dd - she IS the best! I don't know what I'd do without her here, but I guess I'd get to say "leave him alone" a lot less often! She's on him like a roach to a rotten melon (hee hee). We're planning the walk to the playground today - it's such a beautiful day today. Ori just sleeps and feeds and poops and looks around the big world ... he's a lot floppier than dd was at this age - she was just one of those babies that came out wanting to walk and talk. I think this little fellow will be happy to have everyone do his talking for him for a while... that's my prediction. Az - I agree that you should be able to get OUT of the hospital pretty darned quickly if everything goes ok with delivery. Like Karen, we were OUTTA there almost as soon as the stitches were tied off. Should be that you can contact a pedi ahead of time and let them know you're coming in and if all goes well would they be willing to sign you out kind of thing... I'm sorry that it doesn't look like you'll get the planned birth you wanted...things just have a way of working out, though. Hang in there!!!

No word from Jessi - maybe she's got her babe??? Or did I miss a post? Ok, must go get socks on and find something warmish for Ori. Later mamas! Andy

#131 of 158 Old 02-06-2005, 03:10 PM - Thread Starter

Az, I agree, you should be able to walk out in a few hours if you want. My hosp actually does a rapid release type program for people who are cash customers, they get a discount for going home in less than 36 hrs. I think. My midwife would have let me out in 8 if I had insisted, but after what we went through, I was glad to sit put for a bit. I guess the part where I fainted in the bathroom had something to do with it.

I'll gladly take on any of your kids for a bit, even the wild boys. How about we all create some January based commune somewhere? Maybe it can be mobile, we can go from HI to NY to somewhere else.

Going to a wedding shower, had to put Lauren in the obligatory cute pink outfit. At least it's 55 here and sunny, so we can go out and be cute for a little bit. Dh has been super with her today, giving me lots of out of arms time, which has been nice too.

Jessi, oh Jessi, where are you and your sweet babe?

Lisa

#132 of 158 Old 02-06-2005, 03:56 PM

Nothing happening here! Just checking to see if we had news on Jessi....Heidi
#133 of 158 Old 02-06-2005, 04:36 PM

Just checking in for news too of new babies..... it's a lazy, quiet Sunday afternoon here so that's my excuse!

My parents are homeward bound, and so I'm half enjoying the solitude and half missing them. I think I'll call a girlfriend and arrange a playdate for tomorrow morning. The weather has been lovely here lately and we have a great sand & water table that the older kidlets can play with while we nurse our new bubs Her oldest son is 5 months older than our eldest DD, and her youngest son is 3 weeks older than Brynn.

Otherwise, not much happening. Brynn seems to be entering her growth spurt (did I write that already in a previous post???), and is sleeping constantly & waking just for quick snack breaks. It's been nice because at night she will wake to eat, but fall asleep VERY quickly again. Enjoy it while it lasts, huh?
#134 of 158 Old 02-06-2005, 04:38 PM

Hang tight heidi - you're NEXT!!! There is something special and awesome about being the very last in the group to have your babe. We're certainly all paying attention!!! Hey Lisa - I'm all for the get together commune...my friend who used to live in Oahu has a get together every year with other families - many of whom have moved around the country since they were all in Oahu (some in Montana, some on the W. and E. Coasts, and others still in HI). They meet in one spot and try to get as many families as possible together. I'm up for St. Louis or Cleveland, but in the warm months. We can do a NY/Mass mtg. in the fall - probably tghe most amazing time of year here. Or a ski week sometime. I think that'd be so FUN!!!

Couple of quick q's: for those with older kids, what's your opinion about dentist x-rays for the kids? Ours want to do a full set of upper/lowers, and I'm feeling unhappy about it, although it may be warranted because her teeth are coming in so crooked...

Of others, have you had any neg. fall out from your doctors for not doing the well-baby visits? I'm thinking of just sort of blowing them off, not really calling or anything; should I be letting them know??? I do like the doc., but hey, she's not family or anything...

Ok, hope you are all having a beautiful day. It's nicer in Cleveland than here, but here is awesome nice too - about 45 and sunny. Ori slept in the front carrier (surprise) the whole walk. Silly little bugger. Time to get his cute little butt awake and feeding before I start busting out! How did your night go, Karen? I've had pretty good luck so far, even when he sleeps a lot during the day he still seems to sleep ok at night. He tends to wake up (read: UP) at about 2am and want to be awake. Last night I let him cry after feeding forEVER although I stayed right with him in the bed. He was SO mad, cried steady fro about 15 minutes, but then he crashed out and slept for 5 hrs. Caio mamas, andy

#135 of 158 Old 02-06-2005, 04:53 PM

I could leave pretty much as soon as I wanted if we deliver in the hospital, however they will not release a newborn until after a 24 hrs exam is done. My ped does not have rights at this hospital so I could not even plead with him to let us go early. So I'd be at the mercy of the hospital. I could try to leave against medical advise, but then I'd be risking the insurace not paying, so thats not an opition either. In MA a few years ago there was a lot of hoopla about hospitals "kicking" woman out hours after they had babies so a law was actually passed mandating a 24hr stay with the woman having an option of a 48 hr stay. If the baby is born in the overnight hours the "clock" does not start until something like 7 or 8 am. .

We've been trying the natural induction methods but nothing going. I even tried the castor oil, it gave me the runs but not even a cramp I did feel alot better for having a clean out though. I figure that as far as medical induction goes, the gel isn't bad. And if it doesn't work tomorrow, then we have the option of trying again or not. Its just one dose. I'm not really worried about the gel. I think its more like I feel dissapointed in myself.

Quote:
I'll gladly take on any of your kids for a bit, even the wild boys. How about we all create some January based commune somewhere? Maybe it can be mobile, we can go from HI to NY to somewhere else.
Lisa, I think all boys are wild :LOL except maybe the babies but only becuase they're not big enough yet. A mobile commune sounds good except maybe the HI part, unless we have ALOT of bug spray and no melons

Well we're off to see mil. She's home now and was in very good spirits yesterday. I hope she's doing as well today. We're going to bring the doggies with us, since she loves them so much and Louie loves to cuddle up with anyone laying in bed. She totally loves Louie, everytime we bring him ober there I think she holds him most of the time

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
#136 of 158 Old 02-06-2005, 05:17 PM

andy- our night was OK, but short. we watched movies and didn't get in bed until late and then Luka was awake at 6:40- toooo early. It's OK though- I'm dealing.
re:dentist xrays- are they concerned about cavities?? If she has crooked teeth and needs orthodontics, then the xrays there are a completely separate thing. the dentist just deals with cavities. I think only my older son has had xrays- he has had 1 cavity. the younger- I don't think so- but I could be wrong. Or maybe he just had them recently for the first time. If they don't suspect any cavities, I'm not into it. BUT, I have crappy teeth, so I'm worried about that.
So yeah, the crooked teeth is a whole separate (and $$ thing). ds1 is getting braces at the end of this month, actually. We've already been plopping down $$ and in the end will be $4k. his teeth are bad though.... oh well
And re: well baby visits- NEVER have gone to those with any sort of regularity. i've always found them to be a waste of my time. never had flack from the drs, but sometimes the nurses get all bent outta shape over stuff like that (that and the no vax- dr ok with it, nurse having a cow). those visits are only good for knowing how big your baby is....if you're interested in that. imo

hey Az, my boys aren't wild. Truly. They (at least the older ones) are really mellow. Don't bounce off walls, sit and read a lot..... know a lot more wild girls than them. I guess I'm lucky so far. we'll see about Luka when he gets older.

Oooohhh... ds just took him. I'm free of the heater and sweat box. yesssss.... got laundry to fold and put away.

Take care mamas
#137 of 158 Old 02-06-2005, 07:16 PM

Karen - No No No!!! No laundry - bath, cool, relaxing bath... Thanx for the advice. I think she's low on the cavity scale, since she got her daddy's hard as steel teeth that are all askew. My own are like yours, crapola; lots of cavities, root canals etc. I actually can't wait to get them yanked out and get some god looking falsies - hopefully before they start to blow apart again and I need another round of root canals. Ok, I'd better go put Ori down. He's crying because he's tired, poor boy. His dad is busy making up funny cry-poop-spitup-cry songs for him. LOL!!! Az - our best to MIL!!! xxx andy Ps - no melons is ok with me but not for TOO long, I like melon!

#138 of 158 Old 02-06-2005, 08:49 PM - Thread Starter

Y'all are welcome to Cleveland to come ride rollercoasters with me

Andy, xrays are to check for cavities. Probably not needed now, unless they suspect something. Most ins. pay a set a year or 2 years so the dentist does them.

I'm debating on going to well baby at 2 mos w/pedi, or switch to the family practice DO who won't be as buggy on vax. The pedi is flexible to delay or spread out, but she's pro vax for sure.

Az, if you say "get me a pedi now to check us out of here or I'll leave ama, they'll likely get the on-call to discharge you - little known fact: most hosps have to review ama patients just like they do postmortems when a healthy person dies or a bad mistake happens. They don't like to do these reviews, so it's likely they will get you and babe out asap if you make a lot of noise. Also, fwiw, I don't think the ins co can refuse to pay if you go ama. You could call them and ask

Sleepy this afternoon, I think it'll be an early night for us.

#139 of 158 Old 02-06-2005, 09:02 PM

Hey now - just wondering from the thrushy mamas - I bought a box of 60 disposable nursing pads. Do I have to change them after each feed (when I leak a little), or just once a day? I also got some peroxide, which I was told by my neighbor (who also had thrush) was told by her pedi to use on a q-tip in baby's mouth (yuck!) and then also on nipples just like vinegar (is it better tasting or worse???). I'm going to do this and also open up a probiotic cap and make a tiny paste for my nips and he'll get it through that and maybe we can lick this thing. Also NO MORE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES for me! Now that I've said it out loud (so to write) maybe I'll stop. I made WAY too many and froze the dough (which I also love, just the frozen dough) and now I'm trying to use them all up, which is a total nightmare for the thighs. Ok, pizza in oven, ceaser ready to roll, dd in bath, dh in front of stupidbowl, Ori asleep in the porta crib (which is in the DR for now). He's AMAZING! Did I mention that 100 times today? Slap me, someone! Maybe we'll come to cleveland this summer... lol! Andy

#140 of 158 Old 02-06-2005, 11:36 PM

Allright, allright!!! Enough with the melon jokes ladies :LOL I was bored today and changed my username. I wonder if its gone through yet???Lokos like it hasn't gone through yet.

Hmmm...now Andy Beware of the disposable nursing pads. They are notorious for irritating thrushy nipples. At least change them every time you leak. ...off to mail you some wool nursing pads now...even though they might be bright orange or something <sorry> I'm surprised your friend told you to use hydrogen peroxide. It would probably work, but won't it make little Ori foam at the mouth?

Anywhoo, for the thrush, I've been making a probiotic paste and gently brushing V's tongue with it (using one of those baby toothbrushes that goes on your finger) Its working awesome! Her tongue actually isn't white anymore, but I'm keeping it up just to be safe. I think the brushing is what's important.

#141 of 158 Old 02-06-2005, 11:47 PM

Oh, about the well baby chacks. We don't go. They're a bit pointless, unless you're doing vaxes and that kind of stuff. I do take the kids into the naturopath about every month or so and we weigh them and all that kind of stuff there.

Az- you should be able to get the on call ped. to sign the baby out. that's what we had to do...since our doc didn't have rights at that hospital. that really sucks about a mandate. I can't imagine they could FORCE you to stay in the hospital. s <<the baby is going to come this week, the baby is going to come this week....>>
#142 of 158 Old 02-07-2005, 12:42 AM

well, ok, thanks ann for advice on the pads - I will be cautious and change them lots. I also bought some really super cheap cosmetic pads (the kind that you use to take off make up). They look like small nursing pads! I got them because I really don't leak at all unless I'm nursing or it's been a lot of hours. In which case I leak a little (total wet spot is about the size of two quarters). I think these little pads would probably be sufficient for that. I'm going to try them first, as they are super soft and totally cotton. They are big enough to cover my areola, which I think is enough? I think I'll go get one of those toothbrushes tomorrow at the hfs and also more probiotics. Then I'll do the paste instead of the peroxide. Can always use the peroxide to make volcanos later in life. Do you make a load of paste first (enough for all day?), or just one or two capsuls at a time? Do you use filtered water? How watery should it be to use for her/his mouth? I'm really glad Violet is better - Ori now has one section of his cheek that has several white patches on it, and the bum rash too, which is SUCH a bummer (no pun intended - truly!). Also my breasts are sore (like Karens?). GET THIS STUFF OUTTA US!!!

Sleep well my friends, Dh is happy that NE won the stupidbowl, it was fun 'cause Ori woke up for about half of it and dh really enjoyed sharing his lazy-boy with his new boy-o. Oh, and we woke up this morning to Ori's first little flagpole! I was so surprised to see it, I guess I hadn't really thought about that part of dd changing his diapers. She noticed it and asked why it was standing up instead of flopping over like it normally does. Ok - that was a lesson in sex ed that I hadn't planned, but she was great with it all. I just told her like it is - physiology mostly. Didnt' go into the big boy stuff, and she didn't seem too interested. Hmmm...

'night all! I hope everyone gets some good sleep. Hang in there Az - I will light a candle for you and say a little prayer to the universe to help out...get those labor vibes in high gear tomorrow! xxx andy

#143 of 158 Old 02-07-2005, 01:06 AM

Been busy enjoying our new little baby. I have been able to read up on all the posts. Phew...

UGH on the thrush and roaches. Both give me the willies. I didn't have any issues with ds, and I am crossing my fingers with dd. I am hoping our dry climate is on my side.

Gentle birth vibes and birth encouragements to our remaining mamas. It will happen and it will be wonderful. Both ds and dd were 1 week "overdue" exactly. Odd...

DD loves to be held. She will awaken immediately when you put her down which makes bathrom trips a bit tough It is wonderful having her. She is a mellow one who only peeps when not held or hungry. My milk came in with a vengence. I felt like a woman with a saggy boob job for a bit yesterday and today. They were just SOOoooo full. She is regulating them now, so the discomfort is starting to end. Nipples are still a bit sore. DS weaned 4 months ago, and it is like my nipples have never been used for breastfeeding...I just don't get it.

DH is off for three weeks. It will be nice to have him around to help. It should make our transition a bit smoother.

DS is doing so well. I am proud of him. He loves checking on his sister. He always wants to know what she is doing. He is sick with a nasty cold, though. It is making him a bit weepy and dh just doesn't get it sometimes. He forgets that the little guy is only 21 months old He just needs more mama loving, so we are trying to snuggle lots

Need to work on the birth story before I forget :

Heather
#144 of 158 Old 02-07-2005, 03:29 AM

I am so hating thrush. I can't seem to do any treatment as much as I should. Taking care of the baby, diapers and life is just taking up so much time that I can't remember to do vinegar, or nystatin or anything. I think I'll get one of those brushes that you're talking about Ann.... just putting the nystatin on Luka's tongue with a qtip takes a lot of the white stuff away (though he doesn't like it).
Andy, I wouldn't use the peroxide either, though I bet it would work. My mw recommended baking soda on his tongue- but that tastes ICKY.... couldn't do that. I think that generally things that will change the pH of their mouths will work. But if it's a bad case.... Oh, and re: vinegar, the LLL book says a tb to a cup of water.... so it's diluted.
I also second changing pads often- every feeding. SInce I've been mostly at home, I just leak onto a cloth diaper and wash after each use. It's making a lot more laundry, but I wanna get rid of these things!!!

Heather- it sounds like transition to 2 kids is going ok at your house despite ds being sick (poor thing!). Those full boobies sure suck... I hope she regulates them fast! I'm looking forward to reading your birth story!

We went to a bday party for a friend's kid. The mamas there were all shocked to see me there.... baby is almost 2 weeks old and sitting in the house is getting old....is it that big a deal to be out and about?? these are our closest friends, so it wasn't any old bday party for a 6 year old.
the nice part was that they had a sun shade set up outside with chairs underneath, so we spent all day outside. It's all a nice change.
Now Luka is asleep in the slinmg and I'm on the birth ball.... when he gets fussy, nothing works as good as a good bounce session. at least SOMETHING works!
#145 of 158 Old 02-07-2005, 09:50 AM

Ooh - that's good to know about the birth ball. I'd forgotten we even had one! I really didn't enjoy it too much at the birth itself, sitting on it made me feel like I was pushing the little guy UP rather than letting him down, and it was kind of too big for leaning on while on the bed. Oh well, it was useful in the shower on hands and knees. But ...um...where was I going with this? Oh well. Oh yeah - reminded of having it means we get to go back to USING it, maybe even for some EXERCISE! Ori has been so not fussy - so long as he has boob and bed he's a happy camper. Only cries when tired, hungry or being changed (cold?). That's another nice thing about HI, girls, it's not too likely that naked babies will be COLD. We've got the heat CRANKED here and it's still a bit chilly for little dude. Cranked still has to heat 2700sq. ft., plus the great outdoors when dd leaves the door open (about once a weekend). sigh. Well, another good night of sleep here, I'm hoping to get some errands done today and also some household stuff that's piling up. I'm spposed to hear from a cleaning lady this week who was going to come in a few hrs. a week for 3 weeks or so, just until I can manage to get cleaning back into the weekly schedule. Like Karen, I'm feeling somewhat overwhelmed by the thrush, diapers, feedings etc., so I'm not rushing into keeping a clean home at this point. ho hum on clean floors! I did do toilets the other day - thought that was pretty super of me!

Ok, best to get moving with the day here. LOL! Take care mamas! andy

#146 of 158 Old 02-07-2005, 09:52 AM

PS - Karen - I think it's great that you're getting out with Luka a bit. I'm not suggesting climbing mtns yet, but visiting with friends is great and a good way to keep your attitude in high gear, I think. Staying inside is pretty old here, too. We're getting out and about today because the weather is supposed to turn to nasty again tomorrow. bummer :-(

#147 of 158 Old 02-07-2005, 10:51 AM - Thread Starter

So I just managed to read all of the posts and baby is crying. Back later to chat!

#148 of 158 Old 02-07-2005, 12:45 PM

Ok - started probiotic treatment and my nips are not feeling too much better yet - the immediate gratification corner over here! I think I do need to use the nursing pads, though, because the cosmetic pads are linty and they stick to my nips and it HURTS to get them off. Ugh! Off to do errands. Hang tough Lisa - she'll be into the tupperware drawer before you know it! Love, andy

#149 of 158 Old 02-07-2005, 02:35 PM

Andy, I was also looking for "instant relief" with the thrush stuff. But I guess it doesn't work that way .

Yeah, it's easy having kids here with the warm weather. Ds1 was born in Northern California in Dec, and it was cold. The first time we left the house he was so bundled up, the kid couldn't move at all.... I felt so sorry for him!!! Here, a thin receiving blanket over any clothing is fine at night. It makes it easy for playing outside and for when they're old enough to eat (just get em naked- no mess with bibs and stuff- then hose em down afterwards!).
#150 of 158 Old 02-07-2005, 02:51 PM

Yeah, my two ds's were born in NorCal in winter too. It is so much nicer here. Although, I feel sort of bad. Everyone keeps sending V cute little outfits. Half of them she's already grown out of and never worn or only worn once We just don't need alot of clothes here.

I'm feeling really exhausted and overwhelmed with tandem nursing lately. Makai is sooo demanding about it. He wants to nurse ALL the time for like and hour stretch. If I try to limit it, he has these huge breakdown, screaming for hours spells -- usually in the middle of the night, so he wakes everybody up. I suppose I just need to find a balance. I feel sort of bad limiting him, but he's 2, so he really doesn't need to nurse all the time. Also, he's boosting up my milk supply too much and its making it hard for Violet to nurse, and he sucks really hard and it hurts my thrushy nipple . Sorry, I love nursing him.. I suppose I just feel this is a safe place to vent.

Last night I took three 5 year olds, an 8 year old, a 2 year old and a one month old out to dinner. Am I insane?!?! I think so.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page