Jan 30 - Feb 5 - Page 6 - Mothering Forums

#151 of 158 Old 02-07-2005, 04:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamaya
Last night I took three 5 year olds, an 8 year old, a 2 year old and a one month old out to dinner. Am I insane?!?! I think so.
ummmm, yeah you're insane!!!!

hugs on the tandem nursing issues. i can imagine that it's hard and then throw in the thrush (can you tell i'm obsessed?) and it's worse. is Makai distractable?? if he's with other kids does he still ask??? maybe you could night wean him? it's hard to make changes when there's already the new baby.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#152 of 158 Old 02-07-2005, 07:06 PM

I am just itching to know how it went for jessi! And Az, are you doing the PG gel today or what, is there a baby coming over there- who will it be me or you as the last vocal hold over in the Jan 2005?

Glad you are all moving on beyond the homefront, triumphing in the battle of the yeasties, and enjoying the other kiddos taking in/taking care of their new siblings.

I am still just pregnant, ten days over tomorrow- the time I think is normal for a first timer to birth, and it's our anniversary, and also the day we met.

Just waiting around, I guess, being way too attached to my computer, can't believe I have to clean house AGAIN already, and generally procrastinating on mundane tasks to read and over respond on my dang e-mail and groups. Sigh.

Oh- so wit hall this thrush talk- I ordered 6 sets cloth of reuasble nursing pads, are those gonna be a set up for thrush? Someone gave a few boxes of disposables, and i will be home doing the cloth dipe on the booby thing, too. But what do you think aobut cloth vs. dispoable nursing pads?

PLus, are you all watching your bras and what not to make sure they are not reinecting you? Remember to dunk all the laundry in 10% vinegar before you wash it!

Heidi, feeling ready now
#153 of 158 Old 02-07-2005, 07:28 PM

ah Heidi- You don't need thrush too! I think cloth pads are fine- you just have to change anything that touches them everytime they get all wet. yeast just LOVES those warm and moist environments (i.e. my whole house....). WHat a PITA!

10 days over huh? You'll be holding that baby soon enough, I suspect. I think I was about that long with my first baby.
I was hoping you were laboring today as I didn't see a post from you earler.... it'll come at the right time, I guess!
#154 of 158 Old 02-07-2005, 07:30 PM

ooooh, Ann! I LOVE your new username!!! I was gonna tell Lisa that here in HI we call those velcro babies, opihis... very sweet!! I just noticed the change when I posted a new message. very cool mama.

#155 of 158 Old 02-07-2005, 09:24 PM

OOh yeah - I can hardly imagine how how that will be for him. Just NOT FAIR! Poor you, poor him. And Poor Violet for having too much of a good thing! Sheesh - just hang in there honey - it'll improve (or your boobs will fall off, one or the other!). Ok, Ori is screaming now, so I'd better go feed him. He's been really nursing a lot lately - doesn't it just happen when you can hardly stand the latch on! Oh, and YES Ann, you ARE insane!

Mama to B and O , wife to J and me to me! :
#156 of 158 Old 02-07-2005, 10:36 PM

Ok - when I post everything updates and I see I missed like 6 mssgs., and I think I miss mamamaya, but 3_opihi is so COOL, so I wave byebye to mamamaya and HELLO opihi! Clingon mama, you are way baaad. My boobs are itching so MUCH - Ori's mouth is yeast free now, but I don't think it's working as well on his bum or my nips. Hmmm. Maybe I'll combine it with a vinegar solution. Thanks for the vinegar tip on the bras, Heidi. I forgot to do that. I'm going to rewash the three bras I washed today right now while O. sleeps and dh puts dd to bed. Caio!

Mama to B and O , wife to J and me to me! :
#157 of 158 Old 02-07-2005, 11:42 PM

just wanted to chime in on tandem woes. sometimes i just want to wean them both! i wouldn't really, but it is overwhelming!
#158 of 158 Old 02-08-2005, 10:43 AM

I started the new thread.

I am so grateful that we don't have to deal with thrush. Guess the environment is dry enough in AZ, that it's not a big deal here. I do feel for the ladies with sore nips, though. Will has been pulling off a ton more during sessions, so I am feeling the soreness too, just not as bad as the thrushy mamas.

Happy birth vibes to those left, and happy clear up the thrush vibes to those who have it!

Have a good day!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page