Looks like I am the first! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 44 Old 05-26-2004, 04:32 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just got a positive HPT Monday, positive qualitive HCG Tuesday, after 2.5 years of TTC #2 we have success!! I used metformin, dostinex, clomid, EPO & Pre-Seed this cycle and it WORKED!!!

Looking forward to getting to know everyone who will eventually be joining me

#2 of 44 Old 05-26-2004, 10:10 AM

Lisa - congratulations!!!!!!!!! That is wonderful news!! I'm in the January due dates. How are you feeling?????????
#3 of 44 Old 05-26-2004, 11:49 AM

Congratulations Lisa!!

I just got a positive test on Monday too! I have a 2 yo son who *just* nightweaned a couple weeks ago. I've had wacky cycles for the past few months, so I called an ob/gyn office yesterday and requested a blood test. Hopefully I'll find out today if I have normal progesterone levels ... crossing my fingers ...

Truvie
#4 of 44 Old 05-26-2004, 01:16 PM - Thread Starter

I am feeling pertty good, a little tired, nauseous and crampy but overall pretty good.

Congratulations to both of you!!

Truvie, do you know when you O'ed or when your EDD is?

My dd is 3.5 still nursing twice a day, but because of my meds I don't have much if any milk left, she is truly just comfort nursing. I think I want her to wean before the new baby comes, but if she still needs to nurse twice a day I will let her continue as long as she wants

Here is a link to my pregnancy chart! http://www2.fertilityfriend.com/home/9999
#5 of 44 Old 05-26-2004, 03:29 PM

YEAH!!!!LISA!!!!!

Congrats
#6 of 44 Old 05-26-2004, 10:13 PM

I'm pretty sure I ovulated on May 19th. -- edited to note that I mean May 12th!

My son still nurses a lot during the day -- should I be concerned about him nursing too much? My luteal phase has been only 7 days for the past 8 or 9 months. I nightwean and, bam, I'm pregnant next cycle ... makes me kind of worried. I had a miscarriage a couple years ago too, which just increases my worrying.

The ob's office got the results of my blood work, but didn't have a doctor available to "interpret" the numbers. The receptionist wouldn't just read them to me, argh!

Truvie
#7 of 44 Old 05-26-2004, 11:48 PM - Thread Starter

If your son is nursing so much that he isn't eating solids I would encourage you to work on his solid intake. Most women lose thier milk supply during pregnancy, some as early as 9 weeks. If he eats solids well I probably wouldn't worry about his nursing a lot.
#8 of 44 Old 05-28-2004, 09:09 PM

Just saying hello We got our BFP on Tuesday...thinking the due date will be 2/2/05 but if this little one is anything like Big Sis we're looking more toward 2/10 or 2/15.

I'm feeling pretty good so far, had a bit of nausea this morning. I can't say that I've ever been this happy to be sick lol!

j
#9 of 44 Old 05-28-2004, 10:10 PM - Thread Starter

Congratulations!!!

How old is your dd? are you nursing?
#10 of 44 Old 05-29-2004, 01:16 AM

Lauren is just over 2. We're not nursing anymore...she weaned at 18mo
#11 of 44 Old 05-29-2004, 06:31 PM

Hi! I'll post here too! I am officially due the end of Jan, but I'm expecting to go early february! Can't wait to get to know everyone.
#12 of 44 Old 05-30-2004, 11:35 AM

Hello! I wanted to throw my hat in the ring too! I'm pregnant with #1 and so excited! The due date calculators say I should be due Jan 30, but I know I ovulated on CD 18, so I'm guessing early Feb is more accurate.

I had an early miscarriage in April (6 weeks), and this is actually my first cycle after the M/C, so I'm a little nervous about that. We weren't planning to try until next month, but it happened this month and I'm thrilled. My DH thought he would be really upset and nervous but is actually really excited despite himself.

Since it's my first, I am looking forward to hanging out with all you experienced mamas so I can get your advice on stuff! Plus, we aren't telling anyone until we hear a heartbeat, and I want to talk about it! We are staying at my in laws this weekend, and I am just dying to tell, but I know I should wait.
#13 of 44 Old 05-30-2004, 11:54 AM

Chiku, congrats!!!! I don't know how you're going to manage to keep your secret...that will be so hard! I can totally understand where you're coming from in regard to the miscarriage. We had one at 6 weeks in March and I'm scared right now too...just holding my breath waiting to hear that little thump thump!!!
#14 of 44 Old 05-30-2004, 11:21 PM

I had a miscarriage right before I got pregnant with my ds, so I'm nervous too. The morning I got the positive test, I told my husband, "okay, we're waiting until we see a heartbeat to tell anyone!" By the end of the day we had told all immediate family and my two best friends.

I have some mild nausea in the mornings, but otherwise no symptoms. Even though I logically know that I'm only 4-1/2 weeks along, I'm constantly thinking, "why aren't I exhausted? How come I'm not more hungry?" etc etc. My hcg levels are going to be tested twice next week and I hope that settles me down.

Truvie
#15 of 44 Old 05-31-2004, 09:07 AM

I don't know how I missed this thread the other day!

I got my BFP on Friday, and my beta came back at 92 for 12 DPO. I conceived on 150mg clomid so I am anxious to find out if there is more than one baby in there!

So far my only symptoms are really sore bbs, cramping and mild fatigue.

I go back Tuesday for another beta, type/cross and hopefully a progesterone level - I'm going to ask about that.

We've told everyone - there's no way I could keep it a secret since everyone already knows what we've been through to get pg. YAY for Feb Babies!!

WAHMama to Allen (2-10-05) and Alexa (6-27-08)
#16 of 44 Old 05-31-2004, 10:34 AM

I'll toss my hat in too!! Got my bfp this morning. We've had 3 m/c's, one at 7 weeks, one at 10 weeks and a chemical pregnancy at 4 and a bit weeks.
This one was conceived through IUI and I am on baby aspirin and progesterone suppositories and will start heparin injections today--I know not terribly natural, but after what we've been through, we both feel that this will be our last chance, if we fail again, we will look into adoption, it is just too heartbreaking to loose one after another.
So here I am, thrilled but shaking in my boots!
Oh and I am Shannon, dh is Steve (actually he's not dh yet, we get married on June 19th--you may now puke on your groom :
#17 of 44 Old 05-31-2004, 10:59 AM

OMG, Shannon!!!!! Congratulations! I seriously wanted to cry when I saw this! I am truely SO happy for you! :binky OK, that's every happy smiley I could find! Hoping you have a WONDERFUL 9 months of pregnant bliss!

Oh, btw, we got married in June too! Nice month to get married!
#18 of 44 Old 05-31-2004, 11:06 AM

Thanks Tofu, I cried too..
When are you due?? I know you just graduated but I can't remember now.
Also I don't know if you know or not, but we have a thread over at TTC for women formerly known as TTC. Drop by.
#19 of 44 Old 05-31-2004, 11:12 AM

Shannon, congratulations!!!!!! I am so excited for you! Here's to a happy, healthy 9 months ahead

Meredith
#20 of 44 Old 05-31-2004, 11:24 AM

I'm due 1/28? I may slink into Feb though....I tend to go early, but hoping this one will be in the whole time! I'll check out that thread!
#21 of 44 Old 05-31-2004, 12:32 PM

Well, I'm going to leap in. I got 2 BFP's with digital tests today, so I'm thinking I'm pregnant. Due around 2/7. No symptoms yet, not one. I'm excited to join all of you!
#22 of 44 Old 05-31-2004, 03:04 PM

Hey! Add me to the list of Feb. mommies!! I got a BFP this morning and took another one this afternoon just to see and it was too! We just started trying in April, so I'm very pleasantly surprised. I really thought it would take us a while.

I went this morning and bought 2 more tests. I was really scared this morning that the first + was false. BUT, while I was in town, I also stopped by Fashion Bug. DH and I went in there a couple weeks ago and I found this maternity shirt that I absolutely loved. He wanted me to go ahead and get it and I told him I didn't want to because I didn't know how long it would hang in my closet before I could wear it. Having it would have made the wait even harder. So, I went back today and very shirt was on clearance!! I picked up a different one, too. So, my maternity wardrobe is already starting. Anyway, point of the story, I bought a bib at WM that says "Thank Heaven For Little Babies".
I cleaned our room and layed out the shirt and put the bib on top and the two with ribbon around them on top.
So, when he gets home from work in about an hour, he'll have a surprise!

That was so close, you guys! My mil just walked in while I was writing this! I don't want her to know a thing for a while.
She wants me to go visit this girl that just had a baby 3 weeks ago with her.
I will not be judgemental. I will not be judgemental. I will not be judgemental.

Okay, CONGRATULATIONS to everybody!!
Specially, Shannon and Lesley cause I already know them!

Tracie (still in shock)
#23 of 44 Old 05-31-2004, 04:35 PM

Yay!!! Leslie and Tracie and Shannon!! I just logged in to find 3 more BFPs!! I'm very happy for you!!!!!!!!!! :girlpin :boypin :binky :
#24 of 44 Old 06-01-2004, 12:39 AM

I hope it is alright if I join too. I am actually due on 1/29, but if this little one is like his/her older brothers and sisters, it will be more like february. This baby will be our last so I want to enjoy every minute of this pregnancy as much as I can

I can't wait to get to know everyone. Congrats!!

Nicole
#25 of 44 Old 06-01-2004, 12:46 AM

Wow Nicole!!!! 6 kids!!! : :
Welcome!!! I suppose anything we run into you've BTDT!!!
#26 of 44 Old 06-01-2004, 10:11 AM

Hi everyone!!!!! So glad to be joining the group here, I got my BFP yesterday morning.

Looks like my due date will be around February 6th which is my middle son's birthday! This will be my fourth. Our youngest is 18 month and is still breastfeeding, but only at night.

Looking forward to sharing a happy and healthy pregnancy with everyone here

Kitty

Great for nature studies! http://www.pleinairkids.com
Plein Air Kids - Handmade wooden art boxes for Budding Artists.
#27 of 44 Old 06-01-2004, 10:33 AM

Congrats to everyone!
(And Shannon, I was a lurker in the One Thread while I was TTC, so I know how much this must mean to you!)

Sticky vibes to all mamas!
#28 of 44 Old 06-01-2004, 10:39 AM

Yay Congrats to all the new "to be in Feb" moms Glad to have some btdt mamas here...I'm pg with my second and people keep telling me that second pgs are different than firsts lol.

j
#29 of 44 Old 06-01-2004, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillaurensmomma
I'm pg with my second and people keep telling me that second pgs are different than firsts lol.
That may or may not be true - my first two pregnancies were very similar, my third was totally different. Everyone told me that meant my third would be a girl - but I proved them wrong!

Kitty

Great for nature studies! http://www.pleinairkids.com
Plein Air Kids - Handmade wooden art boxes for Budding Artists.
#30 of 44 Old 06-01-2004, 12:42 PM

Cool! This is going to be fun to have you all to chat with while pregnant. I only discovered this board/magazine after my ds1 was born. It will be nice to have this kind of support. I made a seperate thread about my own due date/info.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page