When is your first prenatal appointment? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 47 Old 06-08-2004, 09:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I had an u/s today to check on how many babies are in there - thankfully just one! So I'll be calling my midwife Thursday afternoon to set up my first REAL appt!

I see my RE again on Thursday morning, hopefully for the last time. My u/s today showed everything perfect so I'm hoping they let me do whatever I want and don't ask a lot of questions. :LOL

WAHMama to Allen (2-10-05) and Alexa (6-27-08)
#32 of 47 Old 06-08-2004, 09:58 PM - Thread Starter

My appt was yesterday, mostly questions and lab work. I have an ultrasound tomorrow to see how many babies there are I will update when I get home
#33 of 47 Old 06-09-2004, 11:22 AM

Good luck, Lisa! Can't wait to hear!
#34 of 47 Old 06-09-2004, 07:56 PM - Thread Starter

There is ONE gestational sac in my UTERUS! A big cyst on my right ovary. There is a heartbeat!!! The first time the heart rate was 106, the second time was 111. He said not to rule out identicals because he couldn't see anything in the sac & there were 2 heart rates.

I was refusing to let myself get extremely excited before now, but now I am just flying HIGH!!!!
#35 of 47 Old 06-09-2004, 08:22 PM

Oh Wow Lisa, Congrats!!! that is so cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#36 of 47 Old 06-09-2004, 09:59 PM

I haven't made my appointment yet. : I was thinking of hanging out for a couple of weeks and maybe trying to go in more towards 8-9 weeks.

(A girl can dream. Like I'll ever be able to last that long! lol) Maybe I should go in sooner...
#37 of 47 Old 06-09-2004, 10:05 PM

Congratulations Lisa!!

With my son, I had an extreme amount of red bleeding at 8 weeks (and I had just had a miscarriage a couple months prior). I went to the hospital for an ultrasound, and when I saw the heartbeat, I got almost hysterical with the sobbing! My husband had to reassure the ultrasound technician that I was fine and that I was crying from happiness!
#38 of 47 Old 06-10-2004, 10:15 PM

I'm dragging my feet on this one. We are planning to switch from an ob to a midwife, and I am waiting to make sure that this one will stick. I have no reason to think anything is other than Ok, but I just can't seem to believe that I am really pg. Anway, count me among the waiting.
#39 of 47 Old 06-11-2004, 06:32 AM

Lisa- congratulations, so happy for you !!

Worldshakerz - hope the outcome was a good one. Keep us posted on the news. I am thinking of you and sending love

Me and Dh partners.gif, Dd1bouncy.gif  Dd2dust.gif,Ds1joy.gif, 2flowerkitty.gif, 2hamster.jpgand lots of goldfish.gif

#40 of 47 Old 06-11-2004, 06:36 AM

Oh forgot to introduce myself. I am Jasmine, sahm to Ella 18 months and wife to great hubby Ryan.We found out June 9th that we are expecting #2, so we are so excited, just unsure of the due date.
I have an u/s and midwife appt scheduled for July 2nd, so I cannot wait until then. It is way to long away! Maybe I will break in to midwife office and do one on myself!!

Me and Dh partners.gif, Dd1bouncy.gif  Dd2dust.gif,Ds1joy.gif, 2flowerkitty.gif, 2hamster.jpgand lots of goldfish.gif

#41 of 47 Old 06-11-2004, 08:56 AM

So I went ahead and made my appt., June 23. Dh thought this a good idea and I realized since we are moving June 26, I'll want to have time to find someone good where we are going, this way I'll have a month. Where I am now, (Rochester MN) you only have two choices in health care-Mayo and not Mayo (local clinic for the rest of us) so it is pretty insurance driven. Where we are going (Cedar Rapids IA) there are actually independent drs! *gasp* I was looking through the yellow pages and there were, like, 10 diff. listings for OB care! If anyone knows of a midwife in CR, let me know(there were done listed in yp). But, frankly, I'll settle for good care whatever form it comes in: OB, NP, Famdr. I think I will wait to go to a LLL meeting and ask them before I decide. I am afraid to ask just some wives of men my husband works with. They might actually want interventions in preg. and delivery (hey, their choice, it's just not for me) so an OB they used might be the exact opposite of what I'm looking for! Anyway, I get to see the NP I always see and saw through my entire preg with ds. Which, if nothing else, will be an opportunity to say good-bye.

Marjorie
wife to my best friend, Stephen, mother to Alec 5/02, Ian 2/05 and Kathryn 9/09
#42 of 47 Old 06-11-2004, 01:01 PM

I'm going on 6/30. I was kind of bummed cause i wanted to go on the 25th when i have a day off but actually this might be better to see whatever there is to see. a strong heartbeat hopefully.

i don't think i'll totally relax until after the first tri this time. i was a little to nonchalant last time. for now, i'm just happy to be pg and amazed that there is a little bean growing inside me.

the cramping has stopped - is that ok?
#43 of 47 Old 06-12-2004, 10:26 AM

mama2m&m-I had my first appointment with my midwife yesterday. We talked about the cramping, and she said it was quite normal to have some and for it to stop.

My first appointment went really well. I go back in about 5 weeks and the midwife felt confident that we would be able to hear a heart beat then. I can't wait, hearing the heartbeat is always such a magical expereince.

Hope everyone is doing well, Oh ya my due date is offically Valentines day!!

Jenn
#44 of 47 Old 06-12-2004, 12:59 PM

I live in Iowa. You should visit the finding your tribe in the Iowa section. There is a very active thread. Mostly the ladies are from the Ia City-CR area. They would be able to give you opinions about a good Doc.

I'm not going to the Dr until July 28th. I thought since I'm already taking a good prenatal. I want to be able to hear the heartbeat at my first apt. When I preg with Gareth I didn't have an ultrasound. So I don't think I will need one this time either. We don't have insurance so we will be paying out of pocket. The less they do the better for us. We hope and pray that everything will be as smooth as last time.
#45 of 47 Old 06-12-2004, 05:10 PM

thanks firefly! and i love your due date. i wish mine was valentine's day too LOL! i keep getting different answers LOL. but any due date is just fine!
#46 of 47 Old 06-13-2004, 06:08 AM

I dunno when mine will be. It will have to be after I get my insurance together hopefully no more than two weeks from now. But I should be going this week to get doc's verification on paper ,I'll pay out of pocket for that.
#47 of 47 Old 06-13-2004, 07:03 AM

I don't know when mine will be, either. We're still interviewing midwives, so not immediately, that's for sure! Probably not until next month, maybe the month after. I don't feel any great rush; there's nothing that can be done if I miscarry at this point, so there's really no need to get an appointment. Besides, all that will be done at the appointment is talking and probably bp check, so that's not a big deal. NO internals for me at ALL, thank you very much!

Homeschooling mom to four kids, ages 18, 18, 10, and 6. 

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page