Introduce Yourself!!! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 51 Old 06-08-2004, 10:01 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wow,
That's a lot of information to take in. What do you all think aout eliminating foods from your diet if your older child and other members of your family don't have any allergies? Would you do it anyway?

I'm off to go look at the weekly due date threads. See you there!
#32 of 51 Old 06-08-2004, 02:31 PM

Heck no! Actually knowing what I know now I would eliminate peanuts and peanut containing foods even if there was 0 family history of allergy. Peanut allergies are deadly so even if there was an ultra remote chance of a peanut allergy I would still avoid peanuts.

Are you sure none of you had allergies as babies though? were you on special formulas? did you refuse any particular food your entire life without really knowing why everyone else loves it, but you hate it?
#33 of 51 Old 06-08-2004, 03:25 PM

Lisa,

I really admire you for giving up so much for your child and just wondering what do you eat-how you manage? Do you substitute rice milk for milk/soy milk? I am completely bummed about the prospect of going dairy-free again. I did fine when I did it ~18 months for ds, but life is just so much easier when I can eat dairy. Also, should I do the full elimination--casein, whey etc or just overt dairy like milk, cheese, butter etc?

And don't ask me to give up peanut butter! I live on the stuff! Jiff is my naughty pleasure in a diet otherwise devoid of trans fat and added sugar. I only give ds the all natural stuff, though :LOL I really try to eat the natural stuff, and will make it months at a time, but . . . Jif just tastes so good!

Marjorie
wife to my best friend, Stephen, mother to Alec 5/02, Ian 2/05 and Kathryn 9/09
#34 of 51 Old 06-08-2004, 04:51 PM

Marjorie,

I love Peter Pan Honey peanut butter! Have you tired it? It is incredible! I eat peanut butter like it is going out of style when I am pregnant. Apples and peanut butter are my favorite snack!

:

Wonder if Jiff makes a honey flavor?
#35 of 51 Old 06-08-2004, 05:33 PM

That is kind of you jorie!

I don't use milk substitutes, I think they are gross and could never adapt to them. I just eat a lot of fruits, veggies, meats and pasta I also avoid prepared foods.
#36 of 51 Old 06-09-2004, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasSuz
:
Apples and peanut butter are my favorite snack!
:LOL!!! Also my favorite snack! I ate this ~2 a day with my first pregnancy and have been giving it to my ds since the minute he could eat pb! I am off to buy some Jiff today because apples and natural pb are just not the same!

NOT off to buy Jiff today--it has started pouring here! I'm not wrestling with a toddler in weather like this.

Marjorie
wife to my best friend, Stephen, mother to Alec 5/02, Ian 2/05 and Kathryn 9/09
#37 of 51 Old 06-09-2004, 02:41 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
undefinedundefined

I am a newbie here but would like to introduce myself. My name is Amber! I am a SAHM to a 7 year old boy and a 15 month old boy and just found out we are expecting #3! Due on Valentines Day 05! I am super excited and looking forward to chatting with you ladies!!

Amber

Life is to be enjoyed...not just endured!
#38 of 51 Old 06-09-2004, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmBam
undefinedundefined

I am a newbie here but would like to introduce myself. My name is Amber! I am a SAHM to a 7 year old boy and a 15 month old boy and just found out we are expecting #3! Due on Valentines Day 05! I am super excited and looking forward to chatting with you ladies!!

Amber
Amber, I'll add you to the "one thread"!
Welcome~!
#39 of 51 Old 06-09-2004, 04:42 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon0218
Amber, I'll add you to the "one thread"!
Welcome~!

Thanks Shannon!! Sounds good!
Amber

Life is to be enjoyed...not just endured!
#40 of 51 Old 06-09-2004, 09:42 PM

Hi.

I am mama to twins who just turned 2! I am married to a wonderful man. Being honest here, we hadn't planned on TTC until fall, and so I started charting on FF just to start getting a sense of my cycles. Well, to make a long story short, we were pretty lax about using protection and I am a newbie to FAM/FF. So we had a bit of an oopsie-daisy. But a happy, thrilling, and exciting one at that! We are over the moon about having a third child, just still kind of adjusting to the newness of it all. That and I'm only 4.5 weeks, so I feel weird even talking about being pregnant.

My last pregnancy - being twins (even if conceived naturally) - was deemed "high risk", and I was monitored and analyzed from the moment they found out it was twins (~12 weeks). My pregnancy became a big lab test, and I ended up with preterm contractions and landed on total bedrest at 28 weeks. At 32 weeks, I delivered - two very healthy big babies for that gestation - but we still spent almost a month in the NICU. Thank God my babies are healthy and happy and thriving today, but it was a really long haul, and I am trying to do just about anything to avoid it this go-round. I delivered Baby A (dd) totally naturally, but then Baby B (ds) turned transverse and they couldn't get him to budge (smart boy!) so I had a c-section for him.

First of all, I am pretty sure I am not pregnant with twins this time (I just feel different - not as crampy). God willing, that's right. I am really interested in doing everything I can to stay healthy this time. With the twin pregnancy, I was told I couldn't exercise, had to drink 1 qt milk a day, 4 eggs/day, and on and on. I gained 68 lbs and felt horrendous. I am starting off this pregnancy weighing 11 lbs. less than I did for my last one, which is great. But I am trying to learn about exercise, maybe even yoga or pilates... and how to eat healthy foods as opposed to trying to just pack in the calories at any cost like I had to do last time.

I really look forward to going through this with all of you, and learning more about each of your pregnancies!

Lots of for all of us.
#41 of 51 Old 06-12-2004, 08:45 PM

Periwinklie-Congratulations. I did a lot of Yoga with my last pregnancy and really liked it. I'm going to try to do the same yoga tape again (it's called Yoga mama and is made by Crunch), I also hear Gaiam makes a really good tape too. I haven't been able to start with this pregnancy yet, as I lent out all my pregnacy stuff to a friend, (I really thought it would take us longer to conceive).
Congratulations again,
Jenn
#42 of 51 Old 06-12-2004, 09:12 PM

Hey, everyone - this is my first post here I usually hang out on the diapering board.

Just found out we're expecting #5 (my 6th, actually - we lost our second shortly after birth) about an hour ago! SO I'm busy crowing to everyone online, since I can't tell my family - they all react horribly, even when we're happy about it

We'll be planning another UC, it looks like - had the perfect birth last time, so why mess with what works, eh? So I won't be participating in any of the prenatal appointment & ultrasound & test threads, 'cause we don't do any of that sort of thing.

I'm so excited to be in an EC again! Oh, I almost forgot - the due-date is the end of Feb. DH is predicting 2-22 (he's a number-pattern freak :LOL)
#43 of 51 Old 06-13-2004, 12:28 PM

Welcome Stell!

Trying to get my bearings...
#44 of 51 Old 06-21-2004, 12:39 AM

I can't believe I am posting here....! We were pretty sure we'd want a #3 eventually, but this is pretty soon for me! My other two were both summer babies and I can't believe I'll have to buy fall/winter maternity clothes...!

I've been needing my wisdom teeth out for ages now, and while I was waiting for my dd (2 next month) to wean (putting off the surgery), well, I just hope they don't have to do emergency oral surgery on me while I'm pregnant!!

I have been trying/wanting to go vegan for YEARS and I think this is the time for me to finally get strict about the mac and cheese and chocolate bars lol! Any other veg/vegan feb '05 mamas?? Any advice on that??

We are new to the area, and it pretty much sucks here as far as "alternative" parenting options. I am thinking by default we might be best off doing unassisted homebirth this time! My son was born in a birthplace and my dd was born in a huge hospital

Nice to "meet" everyone and have a community of like-minded souls here, even if it's just online

Freethinking Earth-mama of five. uc.jpg

#45 of 51 Old 06-21-2004, 09:17 AM

Welcome and contratulations, Krystal! I'll add you to the roster in the weekly thread if you'll let me know your EDD!

Ever-evolving mama to my beautiful Brynn, and my little dimple-face Noah .
#46 of 51 Old 06-21-2004, 08:41 PM

Hi, I am Katie, Due in Feb with baby #2. I have a darling 23month boy named Zachary (He'll be 2 in July). My DH is Matt.

We were not trying not to get PG, but I hadn't started really charting yet. I was cycle tracking, but not temping. It only took 5 months this time compared to the 17 months last time. I think that it was probably partly that I am cooking better foods for my family, and partly that we weren't really TRYing to get PG.

We finally told our parents on Father's Day, and I called everyone I know immediately following. Waiting a whole 10 days to tell was torture.

DS is already saying "Brother" and he's been a bit obsessed with my belly lately. That was common when he was younger, but he'd stopped. Now, he'll come up to me just about anywhere lift my shirt and poke my tummy. It's darling.

We are still co-sleeping, cloth diapering, breastfeeding and I am a SAHM. I plan to do all the same things with baby 2 in regards to parenting, but we will CD from the beginning.

Anywho, I will tell you all more as we grow together!

Hugs and Happy Healthy Babies!
#47 of 51 Old 06-26-2004, 08:07 PM

My name is Marcela, and I live in Austin, TX. I have been a labor support doula (DONA) and prenatal and postpartum massage therapist for 5 years, and have attended about 100 births. Since January of this year I have also been teaching childbirth preparation classes. I myself am now pregnant! My husband, Eric and I have been married a little over a year and are thrilled. The estimated due date is 2/10/05. My experience with first time mamas is that they go a little late, but anything is possible. We are planning a homebirth with my favorite midwife, who I've known for quite some time.
#48 of 51 Old 06-27-2004, 10:53 PM

Hi, I'm Carol and dh and I are expecting our second baby on 2/17/2005. We have a beautiful, still BF and CD, 25 month old daughter who was born at 32 weeks gestation. She has done superb! Just wonder if she'll ever give up BFing!! For someone that started out on a bottle and "learned" to BF, man, she got it. So, the big ???, will I be tandem nursing? :

Will talk more later...
Carol
#49 of 51 Old 06-27-2004, 11:24 PM

Welcome Carol, come on over to the Feb moms unite thread!!
#50 of 51 Old 06-28-2004, 11:17 PM

Hi, I'm Deirdre and my first babe is almost 3 (!) but still bfing, co-sleeping, and CDing til he learns to use the toilet consistently (I live in hope). I'm a SAHM with a few small side lines (I teach oboe lessons, perform occasionally, and I sew and sell an ABC). I've been married to dh for almost 10 years.

I thought I'd never get ! DS is still an avid nurser, and although my first PPAF was in September, cycles have been wacky, to say the least. So we are very excited and happy to be here.

Basically, we plan to do most things the same for this babe, except I'm really hoping I can wear dh down and we'll get a king size bed - the queen is already cramped, with ds showing few signs of being ready for his own space.

It's great to meet all of you.
#51 of 51 Old 06-29-2004, 08:52 AM

Hi DeirdreAllison! Welcome and congratulations!!

Ever-evolving mama to my beautiful Brynn, and my little dimple-face Noah .

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page