Mothering Forum banner

Betas?

1K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  Periwinkle 
#1 ·
Have any of you had betas done?

My level on Friday, May 28th was 92. I was approx 12 DPO.

On Tuesday, June 1, it was 798.

I was just wondering about you other ladies who are close to me in pregnancy. Thanks!

See less See more
#3 ·
I had an HCG that was a 4, so I wasn't even sure if I was pregnant, at around 10 DPO, possibly 8 or 9 DPO.

Three days later, 46.

36 hours later, 108. I haven't had one since, but I might get one tomorrow, since i have the lab slip for it. I'm not feeling worried though, since my numbers (and the symptoms) are increasing.

#6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by shannon0218
my ob said it was that or sedate me until there is no more need to worry!
:
: That is TOO funny!!!

Free Thinker - you win! :LOL

I have an u/s Tuesday to see how many are in there... that'll be the true test! The nurse at my RE's office implied that my number implied multiples but I'm glad to hear it isn't necessarily true. NOT that I wouldn't be THRILLED to have more than one, but I really want my homebirth and that means I have to have a singleton.

#7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by LianneM
: That is TOO funny!!!

Free Thinker - you win! :LOL

I have an u/s Tuesday to see how many are in there... that'll be the true test! The nurse at my RE's office implied that my number implied multiples but I'm glad to hear it isn't necessarily true. NOT that I wouldn't be THRILLED to have more than one, but I really want my homebirth and that means I have to have a singleton.

I hear you on the homebirth! I would LOVE twins, but I heard that the area we might be moving to is a midwife who homebirths twins! I was very excited about that... My ultrasound (hopefully) is Monday.

#9 ·
No, I don't think they're always standard if you have a history of healthy pregnancies and no fertility problems.

For me, I was seeing an RE so they monitor EVERYTHING closely. Otherwise, I think it just depends on the Dr.

#10 ·
I *finally* got my results ... 1000 at 21dpo and 2500 at 23 dpo, yay!

I asked for the tests because during a pregnancy a couple years ago, the baby stopped developing at 4 or 5 weeks, but I didn't start spotting until 6 or 7 weeks. And then I stopped spotting and the ultrasound wasn't definitive and everything just dragged out for weeks. And my hcg levels were still rising but only very slowly. The doubling hcg level just tells me 'so far so good'

Truvie

#13 ·
Yay! The doctor just called and my betas are at 30,221, which apparently jives with how pregnant I think I am. (I think I'm in my 7th week). I'm relieved, b/c when I was pregnant before, I had two BFP's and then the negative beta let me know about the missed m/c. So I've been putting off the blood test.

Wheeeeee! Now this feels more real and I think I'm ready to tell family when I see them next week.

#14 ·
What are betas? I've never heard of this before. Here ya'll are all excited about your beta levels and I was just thrilled this morning that my basal body temp didn't go down!
(Actually it went up! So I am feeling very hopeful that I am going to keep this baby.) Am I low tech or what?

#16 ·
Periwinkle, my progesterone at 13 dpo was 12.9 and they said they liked it over 20 at that point and increased my dose. After that it went up to 20 but has now fallen to 12. 5 so they have once again increased my dose and have set me up to worry constantly until monday. Your beta is higher than mine at that point though, mine was only 127 at 13 dpo

#17 ·
Shannon
That roller coaster must be unnerving. I've know a woman whose prog never went above 10 the entire pregnancy and she did great - no spotting and nice, full-term healthy baby girl. I realize that numbers/averages are just that... not representative of each and every woman. But I know you'll feel better with a prog > 20 and I will too! Keeping
: that my beta has quadrupled by Monday and my prog is nice and high. You're tested Mon too, right? Good luck.

to both of us (and everyone else!) - heck, it can't hurt!!

#18 ·
Well just got back the results (blood was drawn yesterday (mon) morning). My beta is up to 3106
which is more than doubling every 2 days from 326 last Wednesay afternoon. But my progesterone is 11.6. It was 13.0 last Wednesday. I'm kind of worried. My OB is going to call me back this morning to let me know whether I should be taking supplements. I never had to with previous pregnancy. What could be causing this???

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.