Can you tell which "side" the babe is implanting on? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 06-03-2004, 11:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This may sound very weird, but the expanding uterus type cramps I have been having seem to be almost only on my right side. I don't remember if I o'ed on the right side or not. Is it possible that the cramping on that side means the baby is on that side right now? I mean, it is about the size of a pea, so right now it is on one side or the other, not filling up the whole uterus, right?
#2 of 11 Old 06-04-2004, 10:48 AM

It could also be from the corpus luteum. I get pains on one side during each pregnancy and this time I know for sure what side I o'd from being as how I was being U/S'd every day.
#3 of 11 Old 06-04-2004, 10:59 AM - Thread Starter

Never thought of that! Well, I was just envisioning my little green-pea sized fetus snuggling into my cushy uterus for a long stay. How are you feeling today Shannon?
#4 of 11 Old 06-04-2004, 11:11 AM

Hey, I'm gonna crash your thread and hope you don't mind.

I was told by my midwife the baby usually implants , depending on how you sleep. Fo example, If you sleep on yoour tummy it implants on front wall. If you sleep side lying in will implant on the side you sleep depending. Because of gravity, KWIM? I don't know if this is scientifically sound. But, according to ultrasound it has been true for me in 3 of my pregnancies.

Just thought it might be fun for you to see if this was true.

Hope you all have wonderfull pregnancies, Blessings to you and your babies!
#5 of 11 Old 06-04-2004, 11:28 AM

Hi Lesley, doing alright, starving hungry and want ice cream--and i'm not much of an ice cream eater usually.
#6 of 11 Old 06-04-2004, 01:11 PM

That's an interesting question. I ovulated on my right side and most of my little cramps have been on the right side. I did have some on the left yesterday which kinda worried me. I don't want another set of twins!

Homeschooling mom to four kids, ages 18, 18, 10, and 6. 

#7 of 11 Old 06-04-2004, 01:40 PM

Both of my ovarys are tender... they have been since the day I ovulated!
#8 of 11 Old 06-04-2004, 04:00 PM

it sounds possible and normal to me.

i had an ovary removed after two ectopics caused by a cystic ovary. midwives told me that we usually feel ourselves ovulating because we feel that cyst (normal) that forms on the side we ovulate. when we don't conceive it is supposed to burst (mine were't which is what caused the twisting of the tube and the ectopics). when you conceive the tiny cyst acts as a miniplacenta until the placenta forms. mild pain on one side could be because the ovary feels different from conception too, or the implantation like you mentioned.

just so that my response doesn't unnecessarily bring up the concern of ectopics, I had lots of bleeding before i even had a positive test. i had a period that wouldn't end and pregnancy symptoms. i guess pain on one side always can make you think of something not good like that, but

it sounds NORMAL to me.

maybe i should just stay in the January thread...sorry
#9 of 11 Old 06-20-2004, 11:39 PM

I'm fascinated by this thread. My grandma used to think that she had one girl (her oldest) and four boys because after her daughter was born one of her ovaries had to be removed. She thought this determined the sex of the baby. That the ovary that was removed was her "female" one. What do you all think of that? PS - feel free to laugh :LOL I did when I heard her say it but now....

Amy - Blessed wife to Jesse (the best dad in the world), mother of 10 on earth plus 8 in heaven.   PROUD to be a Catholic! : winner.jpg familybed2.gifhomeschool.gif

#10 of 11 Old 06-21-2004, 01:00 AM - Thread Starter

I thought the sperm determined gender, which is why people use the Shettles method (faster sperm=boys, slower sperm=girls). An interesting thought though, because from what I've seen on Discovery/Nova, the influence of hormones during pregnancy effects the external genitals of the fetus, which is why some people end up having an unclear gender.

I still have had more pains on the right side than the left throughout the pregancy thus far. I have an ultrasound tomorrow, so maybe I'll be able to see if my weird theory is correct!
#11 of 11 Old 06-22-2004, 07:17 PM

: You guys make me feel like I don't know ANYTHING about my body! How do you all know so much?? I have no idea how you would even know when you ovulated, much less on which side!
I haven't felt anything out of the ordinary other than ligament pains when I sneeze or cough lying on my back.

I don't know where my little bean is implanting, I just hope he/she is/has!

Sorry, just had to rant a little! I love all you educated and in-tune mommies-to-be!

Tracie (proving ignorance is not always bliss)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page