Cannot believe I'm finally here :) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 06-13-2004, 09:15 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh My Goodness, I'm Pregnant!!!! We've only been trying since 2001. This is a bit surreal for me, i am still definately in shock

Joy
#2 of 11 Old 06-13-2004, 12:01 PM

Congratulations!!! I also struggled with infertility for 2.5 years (started TTC in January 2002), so I completely understand your excitement!!!
#3 of 11 Old 06-13-2004, 02:57 PM

So glad you're here. I too understand the feeling of it not really being real. We have not used bc since '97 and have one fabulous 3 year old, who we feel so blessed with.
Pamela
#4 of 11 Old 06-13-2004, 05:39 PM - Thread Starter

so when does it start to feel real anyway? I have sore boobs, but part of that is from me continually poking them to confirm they're still sore....
and some fatigue, nothing major. I'm hungry. Very hungry. I just ate some eggs. And a bit of sciatica, which i'm hoping doesn't become a regular thing. That woudl suck.
but i don't feel pregnant. just told a really good friend of mine, and it sounded REALLY weird to say "i'm 5 weeks pregnant" because its just surreal...

Joy
#5 of 11 Old 06-13-2004, 05:51 PM

i think when you look pg and feel the baby move is when it really becomes real kwim? we tried from 97 to 01 to have a bio baby and it took a logn while. now i'm pg again and aside from some of the things you mentioned i don't feel all that pg lol.
#6 of 11 Old 06-15-2004, 10:42 PM

I hope this is an appropriate place to jump in and say I'm here too. We've been planning for a while, and trying for a bit. This is my first pregnancy, so it's a grand adventure.

I thought we might have been lucky this time, since I was having cramping when I usually have PMS. My PMS usually entails bad skin and no cramping. My skin was clearer, which I figured could have been the prenatals and extra water I've been drinking.

On the negative side, I'm dealing with an awful case of poison ivy, which I normally take oral steriods for. Hopefully the topical medicines will be enough.

Bridget. Momma to DD (4), expecting DS - 9/09, wife to SAHD. Gardener, coffee addict, urban dweller.
#7 of 11 Old 06-16-2004, 09:52 AM

CONGRATS and welcome!!!!!!!!! first pregnancies are wonderous things. well they all are but i think there's something extra special about the first. good luck with the poision ivy!
#8 of 11 Old 06-18-2004, 03:56 PM

Hello everyone! This is my first pregnancy as well, and I am overjoyed! I am 31 years old, and my husband Jason and I have been chomping at the bit to start a family so we decided in February to stop using the pill. We'd been using using the rhythm method until May when we decided to tempt fate, and pow! Just like that. I am still slightly in shock about how easy it was.

We've been together for a year and a half, but were only married on June 5th, so we found out during our honeymoon (and one day before my 31st birthday) that I am pregnant. It was quite a week for us!

So far my only symptoms have been slight nausea (knock wood) and just a bit of fatigue and lower back achiness. I am only 3 weeks post-conception (so 5 weeks pregnant), so I do know that the nausea might get worse, but I am keeping my fingers crossed. My breasts have also gotten fuller and are tender, but no stinging or tingling yet. They look like 19-year old breasts, though, so we're both enjoying that.

It looks like there are quite a few other military wives; Jason is in the Navy, and currently stationed at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base in Dayton, OH. Thankfully he is no longer in line to be deployed, so he will definitely be here for the birth and first two years of baby's life.

I look forward to spending the next nine months getting to know y'all.
Peace,
Amy

Ever-evolving mama to my beautiful Brynn, and my little dimple-face Noah .
#9 of 11 Old 06-18-2004, 04:06 PM

Congrats Amy! You're so lucky to get pg so quickly. It's exciting and awesome!!! Enjoy every day cause it goes quickly Congratulations on your recent wedding and happy birthday as well! June is a banner month for you! What is your due date? I'm 5w today and due 2/17.
#10 of 11 Old 06-18-2004, 05:03 PM

Denise, my due date is somewhere between 2/17 and 2/20. I have a 25 day cycle, so one website I used gave me 2/17, but every other site said 2/20. I conceived on 5/30.

I am enjoying every minute so far.

Ever-evolving mama to my beautiful Brynn, and my little dimple-face Noah .
#11 of 11 Old 06-18-2004, 06:43 PM

amy the same thing happened to me so i just picked one LOL! i'll finalize it after i visit the doctor. i think i conceived 5/28 or 29 so we're very close! this is so exciting!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page