February Due Dates Unite: Week of June 13-20 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 174 Old 06-15-2004, 06:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Kitty, thats really sad.

I second the request for a group nap.

Also, check out what i just did.... http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/b/babychams/
I need to tweak the sizing on my postitive hpt picture, but don't want to do that at work... obvious reasons
this is so cool
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 174 Old 06-15-2004, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtchyhlr
Also, check out what i just did.... http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/b/babychams/
Very cool!!!!

Great for nature studies! http://www.pleinairkids.com
Plein Air Kids - Handmade wooden art boxes for Budding Artists.
#63 of 174 Old 06-15-2004, 06:28 PM

I thought it was too early for placenta-brain, as all I have right now is a corpus luteum.....so what's my excuse for thinking this thread was for mama's with a FEB 13-20 due date? LOL!

Joy - I've been getting those one-sided twinges since I o'd, and read somewhere that it's the corpus luteum I'm feeling....which makes sense, seeing as it's a HOLE in my ovary,and all!
Ive been getting those ligament twinges, too....all month. My body's strange - it knows when I'm going to get pregnant even before I do, and everything starts loosening up ahead of schedule

Am I the only one here who wasn't ttc?
#64 of 174 Old 06-15-2004, 07:18 PM - Thread Starter

Nap was awesome...highly recommend it. I was only able to get one because I got back from my work trip a bit early and Ellie was at daycare napping.

Still waiting to hear about labs. Argh. I know they get the results from the lab in the morning so it is frustrating to have to wait for so long.

My symptoms are still just fatigue, sl. tender boobs and feeling very bloated. This only factors into my level of anxiety a bit since I had very few symptoms early on with dd as well.

Menhndi: I think there are some other surprised mamas around here, but we do have a unusually large group that was TTC. This was the first time I have actively TTC. Both my other pregnancies were happy surprises.

Joy: Love the belly shot! My belly already looks like about 3 months along lol, so I'm not too anxious to start taking pictures yet!

Kitty: So sorry to hear about your friend.

Everyone else: I'll post an update when I know more.

Trying to get my bearings...
#65 of 174 Old 06-15-2004, 07:37 PM

I'm back ladies!!!
Ok, U/S showed a sac and yolk sac, which is about what they expect at this stage so all is good. Progesterone has gone back up to 21.2 so that is higher than it's ever been and beta is over 8000.
Feeling good about it all, they are so cold there though you know?? I had to stop into my reg OB's office to pick up a letter so I can take my needles and heparin on the plane with me and she came out all smiley and laughing and friendly joking about me puking at my wedding. Just a difference of night and day between the 2 places. Oh well, what can I do??
Jenny, I'd give them a call if I were you my dear...... tell them we want to know already!!
#66 of 174 Old 06-15-2004, 07:44 PM

Belly shot? What a nice belly! You don't *want* to see mine - it really does look like you would expect a 5-times-stretched tummy would look! :LOL I'm looking forward to my belly actually filling out
#67 of 174 Old 06-15-2004, 08:13 PM

Nice website! I'd love to figure out how to make one, in my copius free time.

Shannon, great news!!

Jenny, I'll be thinking of you. Let us know how things are going.
#68 of 174 Old 06-15-2004, 10:14 PM

Shannon, so glad to hear about the progesterone and that everything looks as it should. It turns out that my spotting was a progesterone issue as well, so I'm back on suppositiories. It went from 15 to 9 in a week. On a positive note, hCG went from 70 to 1,040 in a week, so very pleased and hopeful about that. Had the same issue with Carrie, so feeling cautiously optimistic.
Jenny, hope you heard some positive news-- I'm thinking about you right now.
Pamela
#69 of 174 Old 06-15-2004, 10:37 PM

Yay Shannon! That is AMAZING news!!!

So, add me to the list of ladies on suppositories.

But now here's a reaaally dumb question, but I'm a first-timer, so.... they're called Prometrium and they're little yellow ORAL pills. But I'm supposed to use them 2x day vaginally. What the....

And there is an instruction on the package insert saying something to the effect of "if you are taking these 2x/day make sure to take your first one 2 hours after breakfast."

Oh yeah, like I'm going to do this in the ladies bathroom at work.

Anyone willing to step waaaaay out on a TMI limb and give me the scoop on how you use these things and what I can expect?!?! Like do you do first thing when you wake up but lie there for a little bit? Do you do right before bed? Are these tiny yellow pills really the suppositories or did the pharmacy screw up???!

On a brighter note, I go in for sono next Tuesday - I'll be 6 weeks 1 day and so should be able to see heartbeat! : Due to scheduling issues though, first OB appt is the week after.
#70 of 174 Old 06-15-2004, 11:01 PM

Yes you can use the pills as a suppository. You should try to do them as close to 12 hours apart as you can. If you do vaginal, put them up as close to your cervix as you can and wear a panty liner. I found the irratation just too much so I've been using them rectally which other than the insertion part, I find MUCH more comfortable. I don't know how much leaking there is with the pills vaginally. If you do vaginally it is recomended you lay down for 20 min after putting it in, rectally, you don't have to worry about it.
The doc today did say he prefers the suppositories to the injections and in his opinion they are more reliable. Basically he says there is a "first pass" effect, by placing it that close to the uterus, it is absorbed into the blood vessels that matter right then and there, whereas with the injections, it needs first to be processed by the liver--so while your blood results may be a little better, he feels more of it gets to the uterus with using the suppositories. He says he has proven this by taking endometrial biopsies and comparing the progesterone level in the actual lining, rather than the blood.
#71 of 174 Old 06-16-2004, 12:06 AM

Ok everyone, I need you to all send out your wonderful vibes! My 18 yr old godson is presently trying out for the Canadian Olympic Rowing Team. He made the first cut but has a week to go. He is such a good kid and he wants this just so bad. He's out in Victoria right now, so I can't be with him and he's disapointed he will miss the wedding, but I'd love to tell him there are many people rooting for him. He works so hard, everything comes to his older brother with NO effort but he does nothing with it, but Mark, works his ass off for everything he does and has put his heart and soul into this.
Thanks ladies!
#72 of 174 Old 06-16-2004, 08:09 AM

shannon, that's *wonderful* news!!!!!! only a few more days til you get hitched! what an exciting time!! woohoo!

well for some reason i just don't feel pg anymore. it make me sad. so i just feel like i'm counting the days. i don't know what to think. not that i've been pg that often but i'm pretty sure i never felt this normal, even at 4-1/2 weeks. ugh i wish there was some way to know for sure. i'm 4w5d and it feels like an eternity. i'm sorry to be such a downer
#73 of 174 Old 06-16-2004, 09:17 AM

Denise, have you had any beta's done??
I hope things are fine!!
#74 of 174 Old 06-16-2004, 10:11 AM

hi, shannon. no she doesn't normally do those. i did speak w/ her on friday and she said just to start the prometrium and she'll see me at my appt. i guess i'm so much of a pessimist that i can't believe i can still be pg. i know symptoms come and go, but i wish there was some sure fire way to know.

if i have to have a next time i'm going through the RE just so i can get the betas LOL! at least that would be some consolation. my dh got more hpt last night and it was a slow clear + but not as dark as i would have suspected. my temp was down 2/10 this am, but that doesn't really mean anything either i suppose.

it's all just wait and see. i'm not so good at waiting LOL! i have a big meeting tomorrow so that should take my mind off some. ugh! i think i'm teetering on the brink of insanity LOL! being tired doesn't help much

so what's up with ev eryone else today?
#75 of 174 Old 06-16-2004, 10:23 AM

Shannon--I was thinking. MIL says you've m/ced because you weren't married, right?(people are so dumb. we are sooo not on the same page as to the character of God!!!) So under that theory, all your worries are over after Saturday--this baby is a sure go!! And Good Luck! to your godson.

Denise--I understand how hard this is. I am still a bit nervous myself since my symtoms are so mild, some of which could be contributed to stress (tired, bad immune system, general yucks, acne). But, no bleeding and I am having the ligament loosing pain. I would still be taking my temp and freaking out about every little dip if the battery hadn't died last Friday. I took it as a sign to relax. Maybe you should just quit taking your temp?

I am off to my brother's wedding in PA (also saturday, Shannon. must be a good day) then I get home and move. So send good thoughts my way tomorrow as I board a plane with a 2yrold! And that said 2yr old will behave himself during the wedding--he is the ring bearer! Oh, and that my first bout of ms won't be on the plane!!!

Marjorie
wife to my best friend, Stephen, mother to Alec 5/02, Ian 2/05 and Kathryn 9/09
#76 of 174 Old 06-16-2004, 10:35 AM

Shannnon - great news from the doc's. so Exciting
Thank you all for the compliments on my belly shot. I'm a first timer at this, so am quite excited (can you tell)... i put the picture of the HPT+'s out there too.

going to work now

Joy
#77 of 174 Old 06-16-2004, 10:50 AM

oh joy i think i forgot to comment on your nice pix too! i didn't get the bare belly shot i wanted and will wait til friday for that lol.

here's a link some posted on another site, it's neat:
http://pregnancy.about.com/cs/pregna...lbellylynn.htm

jorie, i did stop and then start again thanks to tcoyf. i'm worried that the baby will die and i won't find out for weeks. i'd rather just know. i should just stop worrying. i don't really feel much ligament stuff either or the corpeus letium side pains, etc. i really just don't feel much of anything lol. but i'm not spotting or bleeding so that's a good sign!
#78 of 174 Old 06-16-2004, 11:21 AM

Hey Denise,
I know it's not the same, because you have had a loss, but I have those worries too. I have had very mild symptoms, and some days, it seems like none at all. My boobs will be not very sore, unless I really squash them, no nausea, no ligament pain, and I'll wonder if I'm still pregnant, if everything is still okay. Then a lot of times I'll get a small wave of nausea, or a twinge of ligament pain or something to remind me. And sometimes, I'll get nothing but exhaustion until the next day and then symptoms will come back again. I think this early it is possible to have very mild symptoms, esp. if you aren't prone to morning sickness.

When do you see your OB? Friday? She wants you to wait until then to have a beta done, right. That's only 2 days from now. Hopefully in the next two days you'll get an occasional symptom to reassure you. Even if you don't, try not to worry.

While I was in Chicago last weekend, I wasn't nauseated the entire time I was there, and I almost bought a pg test because I was worried. I decided not to at the last minute. You know what's even funnier? I called my mom on Monday and asked her to do an ultrasound for me this week, and she said I could come on Tuesday. Well, yesterday I thought about it, decided that I feel pregnant enough, my OB visit is in 2 weeks, and I didn't want to make the hour-long drive, so I called and said i wasn't coming! I just have to believe that everything will be okay, or I'll drive myself crazy. So I'm going with that feeling for now.

I wish you best of luck and huge sticky vibes. It's going to be okay.
#79 of 174 Old 06-16-2004, 11:27 AM

Good Morning everyone!

Well, I'm waiting for the results from the beta I had done yesterday, but this morning my temp was still up (although not skyrocketing like I wish it would...), and I tested again, and it's still (Thanks God for those cheap internet strips!!)...

But I feel like I'm gradually moving towards believing that this is real...

Shannon - GO MARK, GO MARK!!!
#80 of 174 Old 06-16-2004, 11:31 AM - Thread Starter

Morning all! Warning: Rant ahead.

Well believe it or not I still do not know about my beta from frickin' Monday!!!!

You're right Shannon. I should have called. I didn't because I know that they often do lab calls and stuff in the early evening...should have been more proactive. I am royally pissed. I called this morning and the receptionist seemed surprised that no one had called me and said they weren't in yet, but that someone would call me this morning. I mean, what if my numbers are increasing slowly because I have an ectopic? I mean WTF? This is crappy care. I love this practice, but I am so disappointed. If this pg is a go I am definitely having a homebirth.

OK, enough of that.

Shannon: Yeah on the u/s and your good labs. That sounds terrific. Now you can enjoy that wedding day! Many positive vibes to your nephew.

Denise: I think you should stop temping. I have read that while diminishing temps can signal a m/c, there can be some normal fluctuation in pregnancy. I have also read that your temp can stay up even if there is a problem. It is kind of like hcg levels which can be elevated even several weeks after m/c. Sometimes the progesterone doesn't drop enough for the temp to go down. Bottom line, temp is not a reliable indicator of fetal well being and can be a major source of stress.

all that said, I have been temping this week...it was down from 98.8 to 98.4 this morning and I wish I hadn't taken it...want to be my no temp buddy?

Jorie: Have fun at the wedding!. We just flew to a wedding with my 2 year old a couple of weeks ago and it was the best trip we have ever taken with her. She actually slept well every night and was very fun. Hope you guys have a blast!

Periwinkle: Glad you got the progesterone. I'm starting to wonder if I should have mine checked, but I am just going to take one thing at a time. That is exciting about your u/s!

I am probably missing someone, but I need to go do some work. I have been having the worst GI distress. Can't tell if it's pg related or just stress...Hoping grading papers will take my mind off my troubles.

#81 of 174 Old 06-16-2004, 11:36 AM

Jenny,
I'm sorry that your results aren't back yet. I'll check in from work and I'll be thinking good thoughts for you.

Are you a teacher too? Sounds like there's a lot of us here. What grade? I teach 5th.

Speaking of which, time to hop in the shower and pack my lunch.

I had the most vivid and bizarre dreams last night for the first time this pregnancy. Weird.
#82 of 174 Old 06-16-2004, 11:38 AM

Wow Heve, your chart looks like something out of a textbook! That implantation dip is beautiful and your overall temps ARE climbing! Just remember... 98.6 is sooooo high for a morning temp!

My temps are fluctuating a bit. They were pretty steady at 98.6 to 98.9 but yesterday I lost my BBT thermometer and had to use a regular one, and I got 98.4. I was a little worried, but I'm not going to put much credence into that. I'll go to CVS today and pick up another basal thermometer. (My kids LOVE to play with it and it serves me right for letting them! I'm sure I'll find it in a few months buried in some toy bin LOL)

I started Prometrium supps last night and again this morning. I'm kind of weirded out by the whole off-label use of these and the pretty hearty debate going about whether they do anything at all. Normally I'm a type to shun medical interventions and medicines but I find myself just saying OK whatever, bring it on, because I've let myself get so freaked about the low-ish progesterone. AARRRGGGHHH. Sometimes I wish I hadn't gotten any lab tests done, kwim? Most women never get these tests and there are probably tons of them who have low progesterone or less-than-doubling betas and do just great. Sorry, feeling pessimistic today.
#83 of 174 Old 06-16-2004, 11:41 AM

Good Morning Ladies.
Periwinkle I o'd on the same day I guess thats why we have the same due date. It is so cool being able to connect with so many mamas who are due around the same time. I love Mothering This morning I woke up with a terrible headache. Does anybody know what is safe to take? I don't usually get headaches like this. I drank a lot of water and it has settled down a bit. It's one of those aches that just pounds when I bend over

My almost three year old and I were looking at pictures in utereo. I told him that I had a baby in my tummy and he lifted my shirt and asked if he could go into my tummy too. It was so funny. He stuck his whole head under my shirt. My best friend is 36 weeks and is huge. So he is amazed with her belly.

I feel like I have so much to say and when I sit down to type it all goes out of my brain
#84 of 174 Old 06-16-2004, 12:06 PM

Thanks for the compliments on my chart And I just changed my sig...so I guess I gradually am coming to terms with this!

Jenny - grrrr... you go get those results!! How frustrating. ~Breathe~

Christi - how cute! I'll never forget this story, while lurking on the preg boards:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caroline248
Speaking of cute sibling stories, I was laying down with my 2 year old yesterday and she kept kicking me. She was just being restless, so I told her she needs to be careful of Mommy's belly. She asked me because of the baby? I said yes. So she asked if she could talk to the baby..of course I said yes and gladly let her get down to my stomach..I was picturing a Hallmark moment.....NOT. She gets down close and whispers "Baby, I am going to kick you". Man, sibling rivalry already!!!
#85 of 174 Old 06-16-2004, 01:13 PM - Thread Starter

Hev: That story is awesome!! It made me laugh out loud!

So...things are looking up! My beta went from 84 on Friday to 345 on Monday. It more than quadrupled in 72 hours! Woohoo!

Here is the crazy thing. Another midwife called (a different one has called each time). She's very sweet...was the studentmidwife when Ellie was born. I was her first episiotomy...anyway, she called and thought that we were still looking at hcgs from my m/c and that we were wanting them to go down!
Unbelievable.

Oh Periwinkle, I totally know what you mean about part of you wishing you you had shunned the tests. I have definitely been feeling that way. I have just decided not to have an u/s next week. I just don't want the uncertainty of not seeing a heartbeat because it's too early. I don't want to be cast back into this web of doubt. With my first pregnancy I had planned no u/s. I had 1 at 18 weeks because I was so nervous. Anyway, I am usually a very low tech person, but unfortunately, I think the m/c really undermined my faith in my body's ability. My dh will be out of town from next Friday until 7/1. I am going to have an u/s when he gets back. That way it will be definitive. I think we all need to use the technology if it improves the outcome and is reassuring.

Lesley: I am actually a nurse practitioner in an elementary school-based clinic. I also teach nurse practitioner students at a university. Since the elementary school is out for the summer, I am just teaching. It is an online course, so I am doing most of my work from home. Do you like 5th grade? I really like that age, but I am partial to adolescents with bad attitudes .

OK...I am off to call my best friend with the news. Thanks so much for the support you guys!!

#86 of 174 Old 06-16-2004, 02:09 PM

jenny, that's great news! so we'll be no temping buddies? starting tomorrow? you made some great points. and it's not like it'll change anything. what's going to happen will happen whether i'm temping or not lol.

christi, my doc says plain old tylenol. as a fan of advil for bad headaches, i don't know if it will help much bu hopefully so. that's cute about your ds!

peri i would err on the side of caution. of course i'm not as hands-off on the medical stuff as most but i think i'd rather take it and be okay than not take it and have something happen kwim? it's a tough call sometimes.

heve - hope you have a great # from your bloodtest!

lesly, i get little things her and there but then i try to explain them away. i'm not having betas so no answers there. i go on Wed. june 30 for my visit so i'll have to wait til then. if there's one, we should see a heartbeat by then. so i'll just have to be content LOL. i really don't want to have m/s but i know for me it's a good sign that i'm still pg.

my boobs are slightly sore again. maybe it's related to how much water I drink or salt or something? who knows LOL! but i'm really glad to be here right now
#87 of 174 Old 06-16-2004, 02:50 PM

Quote:
so we'll be no temping buddies? starting tomorrow? you made some great points. and it's not like it'll change anything. what's going to happen will happen whether i'm temping or not lol.
This is SUCH a good point. You're right - it's NOT going to change anything. I think I'm going to ditch the thermometer too! All this angst cannot be good.

Quote:
peri //...i think i'd rather take it and be okay than not take it and have something happen kwim? it's a tough call sometimes.
Yeah. It would be really hard if something happened and I had all this guilt that maybe I could have done something to prevent it. Plus, I'm having NO luck finding anything online about any risks... just talk of "supposed" risks (increased birth defects and heart problems) but nothing in PubMed and I looked at 5 pages of articles going back to 1980!! (searched on: progesterone supplements pregnancy)

Now for some happy thoughts/news...

1. Boobs sore for first time. Only a little, but it's noticeable. Also, I've been feeling that tingling -- feels a little like letdown when I was nursing. Guess they're getting ready!

2. Feel queasy and sluggish today.

3. Tiredness coming back. Never been so happy to be tired in my life!
#88 of 174 Old 06-16-2004, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Periwinkle
This is SUCH a good point. You're right - it's NOT going to change anything. I think I'm going to ditch the thermometer too! All this angst cannot be good.

Yeah. It would be really hard if something happened and I had all this guilt that maybe I could have done something to prevent it. Plus, I'm having NO luck finding anything online about any risks... just talk of "supposed" risks (increased birth defects and heart problems) but nothing in PubMed and I looked at 5 pages of articles going back to 1980!! (searched on: progesterone supplements pregnancy)

Now for some happy thoughts/news...

1. Boobs sore for first time. Only a little, but it's noticeable. Also, I've been feeling that tingling -- feels a little like letdown when I was nursing. Guess they're getting ready!

2. Feel queasy and sluggish today.

3. Tiredness coming back. Never been so happy to be tired in my life!
periwinkle, i'm too tired to edit the quote BUT, you're right. never been so happy to be tired LOL! i felt that tingling too every once in a while and it's cool, isn't it?

so that's 3 of us say-no-to-temping club? we're probably the last 3 left LOL.
#89 of 174 Old 06-16-2004, 03:20 PM

This is me all day today....

:Puke

I hate that smiley but it is accurate!!!! I'm at work today too and hardly anyone here knows I'm pregnant, so hard to keep it under wraps.

Is it time for today's group nap yet?????

Kitty

Great for nature studies! http://www.pleinairkids.com
Plein Air Kids - Handmade wooden art boxes for Budding Artists.
#90 of 174 Old 06-16-2004, 03:54 PM

Yep. Time for the group nap.

I'm a bit queasy. I went to eat my meatloaf, and my tummy did NOT like that smell. So i'm eating my salad. and my cheese stick.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page