February Due Dates Unite: Week of June 13-20 - Page 6 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#151 of 174 Old 06-18-2004, 03:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
periwinkle! it's so difficult not to obsess! enjoy your time and relax and i hope that you are able to really sink into and enjoy your pg. i have ups and downs myself and it's hard to not to question! hope you'll be back soon so we can all share the fun stuff!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#152 of 174 Old 06-18-2004, 03:56 PM
tug

bye periwinkle! do check back in, but i know what you mean about the getting stressed and checking if everything is normal. i have to admit, i squelch my "is this normal?" questions and try to just keep assuming it is.

hugs to you too. go nest!!!!

thanks for the hugs (you too, heveasoul!!!)

stickie stickie everyone.
#153 of 174 Old 06-18-2004, 04:07 PM

Periwinkle!! Enjoy the break!!
#154 of 174 Old 06-18-2004, 04:07 PM

To Periwinkle and everyone else.

I am also having emotional issues related to this pregnancy and my mom's advanced breast cancer. I think I need my dh to ask the mom's doctor some difficult questions - I can't do it myself because I am too afraid of the answers. The future is so uncertain...I am scared.

Trying to stay calm and not overthink things but it is hard. It usually hits me in the middle of the night.

Have a good weekend everyone!
#155 of 174 Old 06-18-2004, 04:08 PM

suz, i'm sorry to hear about your mom. i think it's a good idea for your dh to get all the information and then you both can talk together when it's most comforting. i'll keep your family in my prayers.
#156 of 174 Old 06-18-2004, 04:41 PM

Sorry about your mom Suz, my mother has just recently finished a year long treatment for breast cancer with lymphatic involvement. If it helps at all, my mom was only given a 50/50 chance 14 mos ago to even be alive in a year and now she looks healthier than she has in 10 years. Last October in the middle of her chemotherapy she even crossed the finish line at the "Run for the Cure" here (My company entered a team) bald head and all after a 5 km walk on a warm day. i was so proud.
Heve!!! Wow!!!! That's great--so you gonna let it sink in??

K, talked to my OB (also Heve's OB) and I can get my IV out tonight--yeah!!!
#157 of 174 Old 06-18-2004, 05:08 PM

Suz, s Nothing I can add except that my thoughts are with you and your family.

Shannon - yup, slowly, slowly - didn't you see my earlier post?
Quote:
Originally Posted by heveasoul
I am pregnant, OMG!!! (yes, it's gradually sinking in...)
So I just spoke with our OB, and I feel much better. For everyone else, here's the story:

Basically, I went to her to investigate my fertility in a way not possible with my GP (who told me that a woman's cycle is 28 days long and we ovulate on day 14 ...oh, and to relax and it would happen...to take my time - she thought I had been trying for 1 1/2 years - the only way I could get the hormone tests run - in reality it was almost a year)...anyway, so after one visit with this OB/GYN (who Shannon and I both LOVE ) I did become pregnant! Well, I've been at odds as to how to proceed - the hope all along was to plan for a hb with mw. So I have expressed this to the OB/GYN, and she's super supportive (of course!), and I also let her know that in the event that I cannot go the mw route (ie twins!), I would absolutely want to be under her care (and not someone more local)! So she wants to take me for the first 12 weeks, while in the meantime I research midwives. What a peach! So I go for a quant beta next week, and the week after, then an u/s (which I'm 85% sure I will do). In the event that I do end up under her care all the way, she's only a 45-min drive away from my home, and 25 mins from work, so it's managable.

Next week I am going to an info night at the mw centre near my house, plus I meet my ND, who knows the mw scene around the region, which ones follow a more medical model, which ones are more hb etc...
#158 of 174 Old 06-18-2004, 05:17 PM

Oh Heve that's great!!!
I figured she would be, but of course it's not something I've ever mentioned to her. When the nurse was here this morning she couldn't stop talking about how very sweet Val was (the ob) said she had called her with some questions (which frankly were stupid questions--but that's beside the point) and that while most docs would have blown her off or been pissed off about having to talk to her, Val answered all her questions, asked how I seemed, etc.
I'm so glad she's supportive of your plans Heve.
#159 of 174 Old 06-18-2004, 05:24 PM

boy you gals sure do have a lovely doctor. i wish we could all have one as nice
#160 of 174 Old 06-18-2004, 05:57 PM

Oh - and to add to the OB/GYN love-fest: I asked her about eventual well-woman care - while she wouldn't normally take new patients for that, she will keep me on for annual visits!
#161 of 174 Old 06-18-2004, 06:28 PM

Hello all! I've been lurking for a few days, and I just introduced myself over in "cannot believe I am finally here" - but here I am! This is my first pregnancy (I got the day before my 31st birthday!) and I am thrilled.

I copied Joy and made a baby webpage, too! It's a little early, but what the heck. This is the first grandchild in both of our families, so we have many aunts and grandmas all over the US who want to know every detail.

Our baby webpage

I just wanted to say that I didn't post earlier as well because I haven't had numerous tests for HCG or beta yet, and my symptoms have been very mild. My breasts are out of control, and I've had slight nausea, but no vomiting. I'm not really fatigued (a bit sluggish though), but I have had those stretching cramps. It's a relief to know that so many others have those as well.

My first visit to the OB/midwife is on June 30th so I'm assuming they will let me know my levels and then I can bust out with all of the cool numbers y'all have been using (and have a better idea of what they mean).

Being early pregnant is weird though; I am doing everything possible to have a healthy pregnancy, and it was a planned conception, but it's hard not to wonder if everything is OK. But I also know that if it doesn't stick, it's because of something fundamentally wrong with the fetus, so I think on a cognitive level, I am OK with that. Truthfully, though, I hate even thinking that way.

I just wanted to send out my vibes to everyone in limbo, and congrats to ALL! This is going to be a wonderous 9 months.

Ever-evolving mama to my beautiful Brynn, and my little dimple-face Noah .
#162 of 174 Old 06-18-2004, 07:45 PM

amy, my appt. is that day too! LOL. at 3p. i won't have any #'s but hopefully an u/s with a beautiful heartbeat. great pix btw!!!

so i got a couple of packages in the mail today the clothes are lovely
#163 of 174 Old 06-18-2004, 09:09 PM

Denise, you and I are on almost exactly the same schedule. How fun!

Ever-evolving mama to my beautiful Brynn, and my little dimple-face Noah .
#164 of 174 Old 06-18-2004, 09:14 PM

Hey LAdies,

Amy - great picture on your webpage.

Shannon - Hope you're blissfully married now

Heveasoul - how neat you have a cool obgyn.

So evidently today was our tell the world day. Not quite sure how it happened, but we told MIL, and my Mom and several friends. MIL's first response was to volunteer herself to go to the hospital when we go (we aren't going to mention the homebirth..... she'll find out after the fact). My mom was suprisingly supportive of homebirth, and i found out lots of neat stuff about when she was pregnant, that i'd never known before.

I won't be on much this weekend due to houseguests, so ya'll have a great weekend

Joy
#165 of 174 Old 06-18-2004, 10:14 PM - Thread Starter

Evening women. So...

I hesitate to even put this out there, but I want to let you know why I might not be on much this weekend.

I had a bit more spotting again today...very small amt., but it was red and I have been having cramps all day which at times have been pretty intense. I went in for another beta this afternoon. Someone will call me tomorrow with the results, but I am not too hopeful.

I actually feel surprisingly calm. I think I got alot of my freakout out of the way over the last week. I have instincively felt this was not working almost from the start, but it has taken me awhile to let go. I talked to the little bean alot today, and told her that it's really ok to go if that's what needs to happen. My greatest hope is that if I am going to m/c, my body can do it on it's own this time (required intervention last time).

Since I'm not really bleeding there is still a sliver of hope, but I am pretty sure of what is imminent.

Anyway, the timing sucks because today is dh's birthday and we have about 30 people coming over for a cookout tomorrow. I'm just trying to go about my business. I am drinking red raspberry leaf tea, taking vit. E, my prenatals and some extra iron.

So, to all you wonderful women.

I am hoping that maybe Shannon is offline until after the wedding because I don't want her to read something depressing this close to her big day.

I just wanted to let you all know why I might not post much over the next few days. I will surely lurk, and I will let you know if there is any dramatic news.

Trying to get my bearings...
#166 of 174 Old 06-18-2004, 10:38 PM

jenny, you'll be in my thoughts and prayer! i hope a miracle is happening right now.
#167 of 174 Old 06-18-2004, 10:44 PM

Awww, Jenny
I'm not off line yet and don't worry about depressing me. Keep talking to the wee bean. I really do hope all works out well.
Heve, that's great that Dr. Val will keep you on for well woman checks. I just spoke to her now as she gave permission to remove the IV.
#168 of 174 Old 06-19-2004, 12:05 AM

Ohhh Jenny - my thoughts are with you and your little bean. Keep talking to it, and breathe and do what you need to do. We're here for you.
#169 of 174 Old 06-19-2004, 12:18 AM

Jenny,
You are in my thoughts. Please let us know what we can do to help.
#170 of 174 Old 06-19-2004, 03:11 PM

Jenny
#171 of 174 Old 06-19-2004, 03:56 PM

Oh Jenny - You and the bean are in my thoughts and prayers.

Great for nature studies! http://www.pleinairkids.com
Plein Air Kids - Handmade wooden art boxes for Budding Artists.
#172 of 174 Old 06-20-2004, 03:45 PM

Well, Shannon is on her honeymoon now (yay Shannon!) so is someone going to start the new thread? Me?
#173 of 174 Old 06-20-2004, 09:47 PM

(((hugs))) to you, Jenny.
Let us know how you are.
#174 of 174 Old 06-20-2004, 09:57 PM

OK, I do need to be added. I hadn't told my family, and I was afraid some of them might see it here before me telling.

Our EDD is Feb 8 according to LMP, but I ovulate late, so more like the 11th. I hate EDDs!

Can we just Say February?

Thanks!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page