February Due Dates Unite: Week of June 13-20 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 174 Old 06-13-2004, 10:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feb Due Dates Unite!!! Week of June 13-20!!
------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you would like to be added or have info changed, please PM me!

Chiku due Feb 1
Parker'smommy (Heather) due Feb 1
Lisashepp (Lisa) due Feb 1
Truvie due Feb 2
PeacefulVegan (who also answers to Tracie) due Feb 3
Lou due Feb 3
Kelly 1216 (Kelly) due Feb 3
Twin Mom (Deb) Due Feb 4, VBA2C homebirth
Free Thinker (Mandy) due Feb 5
HelloKitty (Kitty) due Feb 6
Letabug (Arleta) due Feb 6
LianneM due Feb 7 homebirth
TexasSuz (Susan) due Feb 7
Happymamajenni (Jenni) due Feb 7
LesleyLuu (Lesley) due Feb 7
DeirdreAlison (Deirdre) due 1st week Feb homebirth, maybe waterbirth
New Life Due Feb 8
Shannon 0218- due Feb 11 hospital birth with great OB
Tug due Feb 12
Firefly due Feb 13
Christi due Feb 14
Periwinkle (Karen) due Feb 14
Fairymomma (Pamela) due Feb 14
Jorie (Margorie) due Feb 14
Ellie's Mom (Jenny) due Feb 14 homebirth
AmBam (Amber) due Feb 14
Wtchyhlr (Joy) due Feb 14
rose angel (Karen) due Feb 16
mama2m&m (Denise) due Feb 17
Karennnnn (Karen) due Feb 17
Coopsmama (Kristen) Due Feb 17
weesej (Jen) Due Feb 19 homebirth
mehndimama (Stell) due Feb 22
*Amy* (Amy) due Feb 20
heveasoul due Feb 24

Congrats everyone!!
Oops, I lost the cute little hearts in the cut/paste, so these are for everyone!

:girlpin :boypin :binky

Trying to get my bearings...
#2 of 174 Old 06-13-2004, 10:52 PM - Thread Starter

So I'll post the first pregnancy hint of the week:
Do not wake up from a nap, remember that you haven't taken your prenatal, down a big glass of OJ and then take your prenatal even though you haven't eaten in about 4 hours.

Don't do it.

I will be away from the computer until afternoon tomorrow. Talk to you all then!

#3 of 174 Old 06-13-2004, 10:54 PM

Subscribing.
#4 of 174 Old 06-14-2004, 09:35 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi Ladies! It is soooo early for me. 6:15am. I don't usually see this time of day. I have been up since 5. My 15 month old ds woke up and I couldn't get back to sleep. Annoying.
Anyway, feeling good for the most part. Just have to keep food in my belly!! Hope everyone is good!

Life is to be enjoyed...not just endured!
#5 of 174 Old 06-14-2004, 09:54 AM

Well, I couldn't sleep at all last night!! Too excited about the fact that Adina will be heading over here any day now--just as soon as she believes her 18 day LP and faint positive test!!
Woke up this morning feeling yucky, that's unusual for me, I'm usually sick at night--but since I also usually miscarry, I'm gonna take any change as a good thing!!
My back is feeling much better this morning, thank God!!! It was one of those things where I knew a muscle relaxer would help tremendously but of course could not take one!!! What a pain in the but!! (literally actually--and the leg!)
I just can't bring myself to eat anything, tea with some sugar is sitting well, but I just feel like if I try to eat anything solid I'll have my head in the toilet and after puke fest this morning after attempting to brush my teeth, I just don't want to go back there yet! How the heck is one supposed to be able to deal with that anyway--I mean I have to brush my teeth, especially in the morning, but it's fairly counterproductive to puke everytime the brush moves in your mouth!!
So how is everyone else feeling today???
#6 of 174 Old 06-14-2004, 10:11 AM

Morning Girls.
This is my first ever pregnancy, so i'm not really sure what to expect. I've been a tiny bit naseus today, but really only in the sense that i get when i'm famished. So I need to figure out when to eat, etc etc. I can't eat within an hour of taking my Synthroid or it will screw up the absorption. So that is weird.

What prenatals are ya'll on. I need to go get some out of my next paycheck. I'm only doing b-complex and calcium supplements right now. I would *love* a liquid prenatal, swallowing pills is not my favorite thing

I have a call out to the midwifes office....
and as soon as they open, i'll call my family doc for an appointment because we wikll need to get a plan together for managing my thyroid. And being as how I'm going to do a homebirth, there won't be an OB involved.

I'm actually still in shock, and not quite to the point where the words "i'm pregnant" come out of my mouth smoothly....
#7 of 174 Old 06-14-2004, 10:23 AM

So nice to see you here Joy!! I'm currently on a prescription prenatal called Preg-Vit, my ND liked the formula so I figured what the heck, especially since it's covered by our drug plan!
I get the feeling from over on the TTC boards that this is going to be one busy due date club!!
#8 of 174 Old 06-14-2004, 10:42 AM - Thread Starter

Well, my meeting this morning was cancelled. Good thing too because I could not have handled waiting until the afternoon to see Adina's chart!

Not much to report here. Still waiting to hear about my labs...this is the major disadvantage of being in a tiny practice with 2 midwives.

Joy: There is a thread about prenatals going where some people have listed theirs. I use Rainbow Lite Prenatal One. You can get them at Whole Foods. I am pretty sure they also make a powder that you disolve in water. A friend used it and said it tasted pretty palatable.

Talk to you all later.

#9 of 174 Old 06-14-2004, 11:53 AM

HELLO EVERYONE. oops. Shannon, i had that with the pg with my dd. It was terrible LOL but you just brush gently! Hope it passes soon and that your numbers stay great!!

joy, i take shaklees. i had a terrible time with the rx prenates and feel that was one of the reason i had such terrible m/s with my dd. it is a pill but so much gentler on my stomach. have you checked the natural food stores? they usually have a nice selection of vitamins to choose from.

well i feel simply peachy whihc is worrying me lol. my boobs still hurt some but thats about it. every once in a while i feel my uterus, peeing a lot (but could be from increaed water) and seem to be hungrier/more tired. but nothing conclusive.

i knew i should have kept temping LOL! i'm feeling optimistic but scared, still trying to just enjoy each day as it comes. i get a real kick walking around work thinking "HA I'M PREGNANT AND YOU ALL DON'T KNOW" : i'm crazy.

anyone need new bras yet? i'm trying to decide if i should buy some at lunch today. i seem to be overflowing my regular ones but i'd hate to buy new maternity ones and not need them. they're not uncomfy yet but i'm into instant gratification LOL! i just want to surround myself with pg stuff! mags, clothes, books, etc. etc.
#10 of 174 Old 06-14-2004, 12:18 PM

don't need new bra's yet... but am wearing my bigger ones from before i went on the south beach....
#11 of 174 Old 06-14-2004, 12:21 PM

um....feeling really weird about this - so afraid it's too early to declare that I belong here...but at 13 dpo, I got a , and the EDD is Feb 24 (my eldest sister's b'day )!
#12 of 174 Old 06-14-2004, 12:22 PM

well when i got pg the first time i was 34c, and now i'm 38c/d. i never went back down so i have nothing left. my pg bras shrunk in the wash i think and most are 38c. what's a girl to do?!
#13 of 174 Old 06-14-2004, 12:25 PM

well now we cross posted! just wanted to give you a big fat welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i still feel it's sooo early anythign can happen, but i'm just trying to enjoy each day as it comes.

that's cool about your due date!
#14 of 174 Old 06-14-2004, 12:28 PM

Hi Good Morning
Today I woke up with horrible abdominal cramps. I was pretty scared. It turns out it was just gas. My ligament is hurting all ready. It pulled when I rolled over the other morning. I remember it happening with my other pregnanciees. My boobs are not as sore as they were with Gareth which makes me suspicious. With my first preg they weren't as sore either. I haven't been feeling any nausea either. I guess once you have a miscarriage you are always cautious. Any differenc and negative thoughts appear. I'm trying to keep positive Today I turn five weeks. I just can't wait to get past 12. I think It's the beginning of August.
#15 of 174 Old 06-14-2004, 01:00 PM

What does ligament pain feel like. I might be having some. Like a random twinge on the left or right side of the abdomen every so often?

Big welcome to Heveasoul
#16 of 174 Old 06-14-2004, 01:04 PM

Thanks for the welcomes... Still reserving celebrations...

Joy We were cycle buddies one time looooong ago!
#17 of 174 Old 06-14-2004, 01:44 PM - Thread Starter

Hev: So good to see you here. There are alot of us nervous nellies in this group, so you'll get lots of support.

I'll add you right now!

#18 of 174 Old 06-14-2004, 02:13 PM - Thread Starter

Just found out my beta from Friday was only 84. It was 52 on Wednesday, so it did not double. I am leaving right now to go get another drawn and based on that we will decide when to schedule an u/s.

I am sitting here crying. I just don't want to have to go through this again.

Any sticky vibes/prayers would be greatly appreciated.

#19 of 174 Old 06-14-2004, 02:28 PM

oh jenny sticky vibes and prayers are coming your way
#20 of 174 Old 06-14-2004, 03:43 PM

I know, isn't it just awesome that we're gonna be mommy buddies

Quote:
Originally Posted by heveasoul
Thanks for the welcomes... Still reserving celebrations...

Joy We were cycle buddies one time looooong ago!
#21 of 174 Old 06-14-2004, 03:56 PM

Jenny, it needs to double every 48 to 72 hours, it's close, don't give up yet!!
#22 of 174 Old 06-14-2004, 04:08 PM

Jenny, here is a very interesting link on Hcg numbers. They say that 85% of normal pregnancies only double every 3 days.
http://www.conceivingconcepts.com/le...icles/hcg.html

I'm sick and tired, so I'm gonna lay down for a bit.
Shan
#23 of 174 Old 06-14-2004, 04:29 PM

Hugs for all of us. Honestly, my vote is that the first 8 weeks of pregnancy are the hardest. All the guessing and wondering has me going insane. How many others are rushing to the bathroom every 20 minutes to check their underwear for spotting? I seem to be having more cm than I remember with #1 and it is making me nuts. I can't wait to see a little heartbeat -- then I will relax a bit.
Here's wishing a wonderful week to us all. And for those like me with few symptoms, I hope we all feel awful really soon. :LOL
#24 of 174 Old 06-14-2004, 04:31 PM

kristin, i was feeling moist yesterday so did a lot of checking. i keep hearing everyone talk about cm and i don't rally have any so that makes me wonder LOL.

but ita about 8 weeks being the hardest. with my first i was blissfully unaware and now i'm on the other side. it's not so great to have all this worry. i know i'll be in panic mode at my first u/s.
#25 of 174 Old 06-14-2004, 05:55 PM

Man, I go away for two days, and the forum just exploded! Ya'll are a bunch of chatty cathys! It's taken me an hour to catch up. I dread what will be waiting for me when I get back from my bro. wedding next Monday.
Anyway, had to have the talk with dh about how I am really preg. even though just five weeks. That there aren't degrees of preg.! Ds just woke up, and woke up cranky! Gotta go!

Marjorie
wife to my best friend, Stephen, mother to Alec 5/02, Ian 2/05 and Kathryn 9/09
#26 of 174 Old 06-14-2004, 06:05 PM

Ok, I'm getting worried about going away. First I'm in at the fertility clinic picking up more progesterone since they keep increasing the stupid dose adn I tell the nurse I am concerned about getting the progesterone finally settled as we are going away next week so won't be able to have blood tests for a week. She brushes me off saying "Oh I'm sure they'll all be settled this week" and asks where I'm going. So I tell her we are flying out to Calgary and then camping in the icefields. She gets this look on her face and tells me I really shouldn't be far from a hospital..... Ummmm, there will be a hospital within an hour and a half from us, if I miscarry, last I checked there was nothing they could do once it started anyway--and even if you look at worst case scenario, I'm not gonna bleed out in 90 minutes. I mean, we've cancelled our plans of an ATV tour because of the bouncing, otherwise, we're gonna be doing some hiking and chilling out in the mountains--what would the big deal be?????
My girlfriend who we'll be staying with while in Calgary talked to me today and did encourage me to wait until tuesday to go into Banff and that made sense, afterall, this weekend is going to be crazy, it would be nice to have a day to just relax and put our feet up, maybe have a nap.
Should I be worried??? Does anyone else hear my plans adn go, "Oh I wouldn't be doing that!!"?
#27 of 174 Old 06-14-2004, 08:52 PM - Thread Starter

Shannon: FWIW, I don't think your plan sounds crazy at all. I know my history was different than yours, but I went backpacking in Utah when I was 9 weeks pg with dd. If the babe is going to stick (which of course it is ) I don't see how what you are planning will change anything. You should go and enjoy your honeymoon.

I have calmed down a bit. I got the blood drawn this afternoon. Thanks for the link, Shannon. I had actually read that too. I am going to remain completely open to what ever happens. I think that's all I can do.

I really don't want to bring this thread down or inject stress into the pregnancies of others...I am wondering if I should stop posting this stuff here, or maybe put it in another thread? Or maybe go over to Preg After BL? What do you all think? Part of me just want everyone to chat about m/s and maternity clothes and leave all this stress and negativity out. Another part of me thinks that all aspects of pg belong here. Any opinions?

On a totally unrelated note, we need to get Ekblad over here...oh Ekblad...come out and join us!

#28 of 174 Old 06-14-2004, 09:47 PM

Jenny,
IMO, you are totally welcome and encouraged to post wherever you want to and wherever you get the support you need. many people here are pg after a loss, and many are worried because of lack of symptoms (me among them) or other reasons. I think we're all going to be worried a little for the next 6-8 weeks. I don't see you as bringing the thread down. If anything were to happen, I'm sure you would be in a great place to get all the love and empathy you deserve (but nothing is going to happen, it is going to be okay).

Shannon, enjoy your honeymoon! I wouldn't change my plans because of what one inconsiderate nurse said. what has your OB said on the subject? What do you and dh feel in your hearts?
#29 of 174 Old 06-14-2004, 10:15 PM

Jenny, I'm with Lesley on this. Post where you feel comfortable. After my last miscarriage I slunk back to TTC feeling all weird about bringing that board down, but honestly, I couldn't have gotten the nerve to even try again without them. A rather large number of us have been there and we all understand, I don't think any of us should feel guilty about posting anything we are feeling, it's all part of pregnancy. Some of us know nothing about pregnancy, some of us know nothing about parenting, some of us know nothing about miscarriage. We all have things to bring to the table.
Lesley, glad to see you back.
As for symptoms, I was fairly lacking until today. At this point I've kept down 1/2 a can of gingerale for the day. I forced myself not to puke up dinner for a 1/2 hour in hopes of at least having some of it absorbed. So how long not keeping anything down can I go before I worry?? My OB has said in the past, no big deal, call her, meet her in emerg and she'll put me on fluids for the night and release me in the morning, but as you may be able to tell..... this week is not exactly "good"!!
Lesley, as for my honeymoon plans, the only thing my OB said was "So what, all the nice sandy beaches were booked???" She did tell me not to go on the ATV tour and cautioned me on having sex--I think that if it were not for it being our honeymoon, she may have said NO to sex, instead she said any pain or spotting and stop.
#30 of 174 Old 06-14-2004, 10:18 PM

Shannon, I think you should take your trip as planned. You'll have such a great time, and just being in a new enviroment, will take your mind off your worries.

Your comment about bleeding out over 90 minutes reminded me of my pregnancy with my son. I had a subchorianic hematoma -- basically a blood clot in the uterus which ultimately caused no harm. BUT I hemmoraged every couple weeks during my first trimester. You know how they tell you to go to the hospital if you go through a pad an hour? I would go through a huge pad every 15 minutes. Neither my midwives or the er docs ever seemed too concerned -- after each ultrasound to determine that my baby was okay, I'd ask, "but am I going to bleed to death?!?" My bleeding always slowed to a trickle after two hours or less, so I guess that's why it was okay. ?

Truvie

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page