February Due Dates Unite! Week of June 21-28 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 176 Old 06-23-2004, 01:05 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feeling sick here too. I am having the opposite problem from my lst pregnancy - this time I can't seem to eat enough. I get sick when my stomach feels empty. I am going to try some ensure drinks tomorrow to try to get some extra calories. It is hard to eat when so many things sound gross.

What are Preg pops? Never heard of them.
#62 of 176 Old 06-23-2004, 01:08 AM

heve - sign me up for your non-veg/WP club

Lesley - shellfish is EXCELLENT for baby development

Jenni - planning an unassisted birth can be anything from seeing a regular OB for all the usual appointments, tests, etc., and then "accidentally" not making it to the hospital on time, to someone like me who just tries to eat right, listen to her body, and when the time comes, go with the flow to get the baby out. Gathering & making supplies like towels, underpads, baby things, cord ties, postpartum pads, a few select herbs for things like postpartum bleeding & such is about all the real prep we do. Last time, my big preparatory thing was to buy a king-size bed in time for the birth.
#63 of 176 Old 06-23-2004, 07:12 AM

oh jenny that's awesome news!!!!!!!
#64 of 176 Old 06-23-2004, 09:22 AM

Go to www.emibeans.com and look for the Preggie Pops. They are in flavors that are known to sooth morning sickness. I felt crappy again before bed last night and ate one. It worked like a charm. Maybe it's just in my head but whatever!

Amy - Blessed wife to Jesse (the best dad in the world), mother of 10 on earth plus 8 in heaven.   PROUD to be a Catholic! : winner.jpg familybed2.gifhomeschool.gif

#65 of 176 Old 06-23-2004, 09:26 AM

thanks i'll have to try those. i like to chew gum which helps but they all seem to have aspertame and i certainly don't want to overload on that. i was looking at clothes last week and they had them in the store there but i didn't think to buy them.

i'm going to try a cup of chamomille tea today.
#66 of 176 Old 06-23-2004, 09:48 AM
tug

thanks for the suggestion on preggie pops, i'm looking 'em up now.

feeling ucky.

my craving: seaweed salad. needing iron?
#67 of 176 Old 06-23-2004, 10:00 AM

Last time I was pg I found this great website that went through each week of fetal development. I would email it to dh and it was really fun. Anyway, I can't find it this time. Any ideas?

Amy - Blessed wife to Jesse (the best dad in the world), mother of 10 on earth plus 8 in heaven.   PROUD to be a Catholic! : winner.jpg familybed2.gifhomeschool.gif

#68 of 176 Old 06-23-2004, 10:14 AM

Ekblad,

http://www.childbirth.org has something like that, and lots of other things! I'm not sure if it's what you're looking for, but you might enjoy it anyways!
#69 of 176 Old 06-23-2004, 10:23 AM

Chamomile tea has been working pretty good for me! The thought of coffee makes me want to hurl anyways so I needed something to take it's place Going to get some of those preggie pops though and give them a shot too!

Kitty

Great for nature studies! http://www.pleinairkids.com
Plein Air Kids - Handmade wooden art boxes for Budding Artists.
#70 of 176 Old 06-23-2004, 04:54 PM

Ekblad, here is another good website for fetal development:
http://www.visembryo.com/baby/index.html
#71 of 176 Old 06-23-2004, 07:51 PM

chiko, thanks for the link!

hey, i work just across the dc line so we're neighbors!

so, it finally happened. i fell asleep at work. remember that "dizzy" spell i had yesterday? well i think it's party a result of my progesterone! i took it late today and then couldn't keep my eyes awake. i closed them for a second while looking at the computer and woke up 15 minutes later so i packed up my stuff and left but that was an awfully long ride home. anyone else having trouble staying awake?

we're supposed to go on a boat trip saturday but i think i'll skip it. it's a several hour affair and the bathroom is about 3 feet square. i'd hate to be sink on that thing if i send dh with the kids it would be a prime sleeping day although i hate to miss the free lunch at phillips seafood!
#72 of 176 Old 06-23-2004, 10:06 PM

Thanks for the links everyone! I'll check them out tonight when the little ones are in bed.

I don't have trouble staying awake so far but can remember falling asleep on the floor at work when I was pg with my first! I think I'm just so sleep deprived now that it doesn't matter. :LOL

#73 of 176 Old 06-24-2004, 01:58 AM

The first of my strange pregnancy cravings reared it's head last night - I was laying in bed, and I all of a sudden smelled toasted onion bagels. We have no bagels in the house. The apartments on either side of us are separated by tremendously thick brick walls. There were NO BAGELS, but I was smelling them! I ALWAYS crave Lender's onion bagels toasted with lots of butter when I'm pregnant. Now you can't tell me that my body somehow needs Lender's additive-laden enriched-bleached-white-flour bagels.....so I resisted. I did NOT hop in the car & drive to the grocery store....though the thought did tempt me for a moment there! :LOL
#74 of 176 Old 06-24-2004, 09:17 AM
tug

i admire your restraint. i somehow convinced myself yesterday that there really was something in cheetohs (sp?) that my body desperately needed!

i have the sleepiness thing!! every morning i feel like i can't make it through the day at work. in the afternoons when i pick up ds, i practically beg for him to be sleepy so i can take a nap (he usually isn't...i guess that's an 18 mo. old thing).

i really don't see how i'm going to keep working after having this one....
#75 of 176 Old 06-24-2004, 10:16 AM

The tiredness is really getting to me too. I have to do end of the year stuff at school right now, but as soon as the kids are out of my room, I just want to sit down and relax. I have really been trying to force myself to do cumulative folders and report cards every day. I absolutely cannot wait until I can have a few weeks off for summer. I just wish it was longer, because 3 weeks seems like it is going to fly by. I feel so guilty because when i come home, it is usually around 5 these days, and then all I want to do is check my computer and sit on the couch, eat a little dinner (which I hopefully don't have to cook) and then go to bed at 8:30 or 9.

I miss my daughter all day and want to see her, but she has boundless energy and wants to play and climb and dance. Just watching her makes me tired! Plus nursing is getting very difficult for me. I just get these overwhelming feelings of "stop touching me!" that i think must be hormonal. Anyway, only a few more days left.
#76 of 176 Old 06-24-2004, 10:18 AM - Thread Starter

Darn, I can't get childbirth.org to come up. Is anyone else having success?

Well I think I've reached a turning point in this first trimester; I feel like crap. I was down at my old apartment yesterday trying to move the remaining residual junk and clothes. It was a 3 hour drive down, about 6 straight hours of packing and hauling boxes down the stairs, and then a 3 hour drive back. I actually felt pretty good most of the day but I think it's catching up with me today.

Last night when I got home, DH decided to cook some steak. Up to this point, I had been craving meat every day and would salivate profusely if I smelled meat cooking. Last night, however, I had to leave the kitchen, go into the bedroom with the door closed, and light a vanilla candle so I couldn't smell it. It was pretty bad. I don't know if this is just a short phase; I'm kind of hoping so because I know I need the iron and protein. I can still tolerate the idea of turkey and chicken though, so I'm sure I'll be fine either way. Pregnancy is so strange and dynamic though.

Oh and Mehndi Mama, I gave into my onion bagel craving yesterday and it was goooood!

Ever-evolving mama to my beautiful Brynn, and my little dimple-face Noah .
#77 of 176 Old 06-24-2004, 10:23 AM

lesleyluu - Hang in there sweetie! Don't feel guilty. These first few months will fly and your daughter won't be affected by it. I've ignored my kids and put them in front of the TV through the first trimester of several pregnancies. They are none the worse for the wear, I assure you! You and your daughter knows it's not your usual form of parenting. It will get better.

#78 of 176 Old 06-24-2004, 10:37 AM

I am so tired, too. If i don't take a nap, then I'm ready for bed before ten. And my dd is still up then! Luckily i have a great dh who lets me nap when he's home. But I've already started the not being able to sleep in thing that I do with every pregnancy. I don't like that one.

Serenity LDS mommy to 4 rambunctious kidlets
#79 of 176 Old 06-24-2004, 11:23 AM

I've been taking a nap with my 2 yo ds every day, but am still wiped out in the mornings and evenings. The past couple weeks my ds has taken to running up to me, giggling, and then hitting me! We've been going over the whole "we don't hit each other" thing to no avail. Yesterday I realized that he's trying to get me up and playing with him. He hites the dogs in the same way when he's trying to get them all riled up (my dogs have maniac bursts of play energy, which my ds loves).

I feel bad that all I want to do is sit on the couch and read!

Truvie
#80 of 176 Old 06-24-2004, 12:25 PM

I've been extremely tired too. I usually sleep 10 hours at night and still need to nap when my daughter is napping.
As for cravings, I want burgers. I think I could eat one every day (even though I don't). Also when the neighbors grill out I find myself sniffing out the windows constantly. I am going to grill sirlion steaks tonight, and I can't wait! I had this craving last time, and also soft served ice cream, but it's not really as much the ice cream this time....I want Taco Bell....which I know is bad, so I've been making chicken fagitas once a week!
#81 of 176 Old 06-24-2004, 01:28 PM

sirloin steak - mmmmmmmmmm! i smelled bbq the other day and started craving that. we're going to get bbq on friday and i can't wait. hye that's tomorrow! what a great way to celebrate 6w of pg?

i hope the next 6 weeks fly by so i can feel better. has anyone tried those motion sickness bracelets? today's a really bad day.
#82 of 176 Old 06-24-2004, 02:16 PM

I just have to say, that Ginger Chew candies from Ginger people kick butt.
MS has been tolerable the last few days....

Joy
#83 of 176 Old 06-24-2004, 02:56 PM - Thread Starter

I tried Ginger Altoids the other day and my god - they are curiously strong!!! I had to spit mine out of the car window. I don't necessarily think I like ginger anyway, so I'm sure it was me and not the Altoids.

God I am tired and sluggish and have an actual project to finish by tomorrow. Yuck.

Ever-evolving mama to my beautiful Brynn, and my little dimple-face Noah .
#84 of 176 Old 06-24-2004, 03:17 PM

Just checking in. No m/s, but waves of sleepiness...

Got my beta results back from yesterday (22 dpo) - 7129

ummmm..."At 22 DPO, the average HCG level is 1287 mIU/ml, with a typical range of 185-3279 mIU/ml." (from http://www.conceivingconcepts.com/le...icles/hcg.html)

Ok, am I jumping the gun to suspect twins?!
#85 of 176 Old 06-24-2004, 03:30 PM

heve anything is possible!!! wouldn't that be something?

amy, i'm not a big fan of ginger either. i was at whole foods and didn't find anything except some nuts. i really like almonds and got some others too. maybe that will be an ok snack.
#86 of 176 Old 06-24-2004, 03:32 PM

hmmmm...also read unusually high numbers can indicate an ectopic pregnancy...will the worries never end? :

Breathe...I refuse to carry out this pregnancy in fear, I refuse to carry out this pregnancy in fear, I refuse to carry out this pregnancy in fear...Breathe...
#87 of 176 Old 06-24-2004, 03:38 PM

today i am pregnant
i am healthy
i'm not bleeding
today i am pregnant
and i will relish my day today
and rejoice
because
today i am pregnant

i still worry but no matter what happens tomorrow or next week, i'm pregnant today and i want to get all i can out of just this one day LOL. it's less stressful but the doubt is always in the back of my mind. so then i start saying to myself again:

today i am pregnant ...
#88 of 176 Old 06-24-2004, 04:02 PM

Beautifully put Denise!

and Heve: From my reading (and you know I've been doing a tone), the concern with ectopics is with numbers that are slow to double.

Must go supervise waterplay at dd's preschool. Me, six 2 year olds and lots of water. Who do you think is going to be in charge?

Trying to get my bearings...
#89 of 176 Old 06-24-2004, 04:23 PM

Thanks Jenny. I posted this over in ttc-land, too...

How's this for clear-as-mud info (from the same page as posted earlier):

Greater-than-normal levels may indicate choriocarcinoma of the uterus, ectopic pregnancy, hydatidiform mole of the uterus, normal pregnancy, or ovarian cancer. Once you have had an ectopic prgnancy, you have an increased risk for another, so your HCG numbers may be monitored more carefully.

Lower-than-normal levels may indicate dead fetus, incomplete miscarriage, or threatened spontaneous abortion. Pregnancies destined to miscarry or to be ectopic (tubal) pregnancies tend to show lower levels (eventually), but often have normal levels initially. Some normal pregnancies will have quite low levels of HCG ˜ and deliver perfect babies.
#90 of 176 Old 06-24-2004, 04:26 PM

Ok, I'm feelling better - that contradictory info has sunk in. There are going to be a million and one opportunities to worry, but I refuse to give in to that. I am fine. My bean is fine. I AM HAVING A NORMAL PREGNANCY!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page