February Due Dates Unite! Week of June 21-28 - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 176 Old 06-25-2004, 04:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
oh so the cold thing is normal. how weird. I've been FREEZING to death lately. For some reason I thought that pregnant women were always hot. Go figure.
#122 of 176 Old 06-25-2004, 04:29 PM

LOL. I think it varies, I know I started to get hot flashes towards the end of my pregnancies but was always cold in the beginning.

Basically our tempature gauge is just all f*'ed up!

Great for nature studies! http://www.pleinairkids.com
Plein Air Kids - Handmade wooden art boxes for Budding Artists.
#123 of 176 Old 06-25-2004, 04:32 PM - Thread Starter

Me too! I've been wearing a long-sleeved shirt and a hoodie around today and had to hug up to my DH for body heat! I thought it was just me because I'd also heard that pregnant women are more likely to get hot. I don't mind being on the chilly side, actually; being hot is like torture for me so I was grateful right away that I wouldn't be in the last trimester during Summer.

And I've also been experiencing arms and legs falling asleep, especially my left leg. Maybe both symptoms related to the fact that so much blood flow is concentrated on the abdominal area; less overall blood to the extremities?

Ever-evolving mama to my beautiful Brynn, and my little dimple-face Noah .
#124 of 176 Old 06-25-2004, 04:52 PM

Queasiness kicked in yesterday....so I slugged around all day, slept, and blew lots of money taking the kids out for lunch so I could eat something decent without having to fix it myself. I ate a super-delicious bowl of shrimp & roasted corn soup, and a gorgeous roast beef & cheese sandwich. I was in heaven! It's so nice to have a whole-foods cafe right down the block!

I'm still feeling kinda crappy, and we're trying to get moved back home this week. I should eb packing up my kitchen right now, but I get dizzy & queasy when I'm on my feet for too long. Ugh.
#125 of 176 Old 06-25-2004, 06:06 PM

Tug, Kitty, Joy, Amy--I've totally been having the temperature thing too. I'm hot when I wake up in the morning and the rest of the day I am freezing. Even here in DC where it is usually HOT (although not too bad lately).

I feel queasy all the time but haven't thrown up yet. I ordered some preggie pops--I'll let y'all know how they work out.

I too, am exhausted. I get home from work and tell DH, "man, i am so freaking tired!" and he says, "yeah, me too." And it's all I can do not to yell at him. I mean, he just has no idea. Neither did I 'til I felt it. You always hear pregnant women say they are tired, but it's a more complete, deep, total exhaustion than I've ever felt before!

Have a good weekend ladies!
#126 of 176 Old 06-25-2004, 08:50 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi Ladies! I've been catching up on posts. It is so funny to see all the different symtoms!! Isn't pregnancy fun?? So worth it though!!
I am not sick like this... :Puke just (that has to be the grossest smiley!!)
I am just constantly nauseous. I hate that. O well. I won't complain too much. I am just happy to be pg. I am also super tired. I hope that doesn't last long as my poor family is suffering. My dh is working long hard hours right now and doesn't have much energy when he gets home at night so it's been a struggle. He is trying to be understanding... I just don't think he (or any man) will ever really get it. You have to experience pg to even have a clue.

So normally I could sleep in forever if someone would let me. But it's like every morning at 7 or 7:30 I wake up and there is no going back to sleep. It's so wierd because the other morning ds woke up at 7 then was ready for a nap at 9:30 and I zonked out with him. I just wish I could sleep in a little more. Anyway, I will quit babbling!!

Oh--- one more thing. I am sooooo absent minded. I can't believe it. I don't remember getting like this in previous pgs. It is sometimes really embarrasing!!!

Life is to be enjoyed...not just endured!
#127 of 176 Old 06-25-2004, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmBam
Oh--- one more thing. I am sooooo absent minded. I can't believe it. I don't remember getting like this in previous pgs. It is sometimes really embarrasing!!!

I got my 6yr old dd out of bed early this morning. Got us both dressed. Drove 30 miles to my doctor's appt........3 days early!! I misread the card. It said Monday, not Friday! : : : : : : : : : : : The office was closed, but the nurse who was there was nice enough to give me my beta results and schedule my u/s. So it wasn't a completely wasted trip.
I was a complete dingbat with my 1st pregnancy too. I didn't think it started this early though!
I'm not looking forward to all the embarrassing mistakes I'm going to be making for a while.

M/S is definitely getting worse every day. Today has been really bad. I wish I could just sleep til the first trimester is over.

Tracie (tired of the parentheses, thinking of retiring them)
#128 of 176 Old 06-26-2004, 12:55 AM

Oh Tracie, I love your parentheses, they always make me laugh!
Lesley (who isn't nearly as witty as you are)
#129 of 176 Old 06-26-2004, 08:45 AM

I was very absent minded in my first pregnancy but haven't had that problem in the last four. Who knows why. Maybe I'm just naturally absent minded now and I don't notice? :LOL Anyway, I go to the midwife on Monday. I'm so excited! It's always the highlight of the pregnancies esp. when I feel crappy. to everyone!

Amy - Blessed wife to Jesse (the best dad in the world), mother of 10 on earth plus 8 in heaven.   PROUD to be a Catholic! : winner.jpg familybed2.gifhomeschool.gif

#130 of 176 Old 06-26-2004, 11:53 AM

Jenn here due 2-28-05
I haven't thought much about delivery yet.. I do know I'm having a doula again
#131 of 176 Old 06-26-2004, 04:57 PM

I see my OB on Tuesday, and I'm excited. There are like 6 women in the practice, so I am hoping to like at least half of them. The OB I'm seeing actually called me on the phone yesterday to talk about an antibiotic she was prescribing me, and I was shocked. I've never had a Dr. call me before.

Now on the antibiotic, I am queezy, feeling sick, and had to reject two meals already. So I guess I'm going to feel crappy whether I get morning sickness or not. I have to put up with this for a week :

I wasn't as much absent-minded when I was pregnant, but clumsey and messy. All my shirts and dresses that I wore when I was pregnant are now stained, and I dropped things constantly. The worst was when I cooked a whole chicken in the crock pot all day and tried to transfer it to a pan to crisp it up in the oven. I dropped the whole thing, and with hot chicken grease dripping down my clothes, and my dinner laying on the dirty kitchen floor, I couldn't help but laugh my A** off. :LOL

As for a prior comment I made about m/s being an indicator of the sex of the baby. All I heard once is that the testosterone (did I spell that right?) that a male fetus has sometimes helps the mother not to have morning sickness.
#132 of 176 Old 06-26-2004, 05:39 PM

Interesting. Well, I was hardly sick at all with my first, a girl. And I have very little nausea this time around too. I guess we'll see what that means in a couple of months!
#133 of 176 Old 06-26-2004, 09:35 PM

Haven't posted in a while so I thought I'd pop in and update. Yesterday was my 9 week mark. That's counting from last menstrual period and not gestation because 9 weeks sounds like I've made so much more progress than 7 weeks!

I'm still feeling sick pretty much every day and I'm really feeling like I didn't feel this sick with my first two. Am I just supressing the memory or am I really feeling worse this time around? Ugh.

Also, I'm obsessed with food. I call up my husband at work like I do every day and all I can talk about is food. It's kind of strange because the thought of food both disgusts me and fills me with longing. Someone mentioned shrimp here a while back and that's been all I could think about since. I saw a cooking show where they were barbequeing shrimp and I nearly drooled all over the television screen. I haven't been able to get any shrimp yet, and the craving hasn't gone away. Must... have... shrimp.

My house is a disaster. I wish my husband would pick up my slack a little more.
#134 of 176 Old 06-26-2004, 09:48 PM

I was the one with the shrimp. My supermarket has them in the frozen section, peeled, cleaned, ready to go. I heat a pan up with some olive oil, salt, and garlic, and then just saute them right from the bag. When they turn pink all through, I put them on my salads or pasta. Mmmm, shrimp.
#135 of 176 Old 06-27-2004, 09:18 AM

i am sick as a dog. not vomiting but 200% miserable when i'm awake. i stayed in bed untl after 6pm yesterday. food is gross. however, i did have "shrimp cocktail" which i picked up at the store friday in one of my food fits.

so far it's been the only food that actually tasted good while i ate it and didn't make me feel like throwing up afterward. go figure!

why can't i do pg without this sick feeling? ugh.
#136 of 176 Old 06-27-2004, 11:11 AM

I know what you guys mean about food fits. Yesterday I was in the mood for italian and decided to try my hand at an italian masterpiece (made up not recipie).
I spent about $25 at the grocery store and ended up making chicken with sun-dried tomatoes, artichoke hearts and spinach served over pasta with a home-made alfredo sauce....it was delish, but probably one of the most fattening things I ever made. If anyone wants to splurge I'll send out the recipie.
#137 of 176 Old 06-27-2004, 11:23 AM

oh...
YUMMMY
#138 of 176 Old 06-27-2004, 11:49 AM - Thread Starter

I have been eating pretty much everything, but especially craving Mexican food. I hate shellfish and seafood of just about every variety, so all of this shrimp talk is making me but I think it would anyway. LOL! We went to Chili's last night and I scarfed down some boneless buffalo wings. HEAVEN, I tell you. I was lying in bed thinking about them at about midnight, salivating like crazy. I can't wait til lunch so I can eat the left-overs!

I just realized I'm dumb and dated this thread wrong; I now realize it should have been 6/21 through 6/27. Oh well. I also noticed a couple of new friends whom I haven't had time to add to the roster, so perhaps the moderator for this week will add them?

Ever-evolving mama to my beautiful Brynn, and my little dimple-face Noah .
#139 of 176 Old 06-27-2004, 12:29 PM

Amy,
I'm sorry to gross you out! Anyone else totally off sweets? All my cravings seem to be meat, seafood, salads, potato chips, Chinese food, stuff like that. Yesterday I made the best snack. I cup a carrot into very thin slices and then dressed it in some rice vinegar, soy sauce, and sesame oil. It is really good with cucumber too, and if your tummy can handle it, you can add raw garlic. Okay, why is this sounding good to me at 8:30 in the morning?

I have only 2 and a half days of work left. Some idiot decided that the school year should end on a Wednesday, and that we should have a full day Mon and Tues and a minimum day Wed. Like the kids are going to do *anything* I ask them to this week. The teachers are just as burnt out as the kids at this point, and no one wants to go to work. I am sooooo ready for some vacation time! unfortunately, my Master's doesn't stop even though my school year does. : ( But at least that will be over in 8 more weeks! Freedom!!! It will be so relaxing to have less than a million things on my plate at once.
#140 of 176 Old 06-27-2004, 01:21 PM

Good Morning Ladies

So my m/s has definately set in. I'm queasy all day long. I didn't have this with Gareth. The other thing I've noticed it my sense of smell has gotton so strong. Yesterday I could smell my dh shoes 10 feet away. Usually I have to be right on top of them for me to smell. Today he made bacon and I had to leave the room. When I was preg with Gareth I worked in a small coffee shop and I remember when they made their soup with garlic and onion I couldn't serve it to customers. I always had to have other people do it! If I remember right it all went away as soon as I hit 12 weeks. I hope for that again. I only have 5weeks and one day left.

I bought a whole ring of shrimp cocktail and ate the whole thing. Yumm. We just sighned up for a CSA. Community supported agriculture. So everyweek we get a box of heirloom veggies. Yesterday we had grilled zucchini, grilled chicken, fried blue and yellow new potatoes with rosemary. and fresh salad with roasted pecans. It was so yummy. I wish I had the energy to do that every day. If my dh didn't help ther is no way I could have done it. I have also been craving italian food. I want very cheesy tomatoy vegetable lasagna.

Yesterday dh,ds and I went for a walk and as soon as we got home I took and hour nap. Then at 4:30 we all took an hour nap. I wish I could get that every day. two in one day. I love weekends. Well ladies have a nice day
#141 of 176 Old 06-27-2004, 02:01 PM

Hi,i am going to jump on in here as well.I am technically due Feb 28th but i joined the March mom's so that i wouldn't have to be the last one standing but it is so quiet there and i need some loving and support!

I have sporadic nausea and am very sleepy in the afternoon.Otherwise i feel pretty good.Still checking the TP every day since my two miscarriages but i am feeling more confident by the day!

My name is Rebecca and this will be my fourth kiddo!I am planning a homebirth but i need to find a new midwife because mine stopped practicing.

#142 of 176 Old 06-27-2004, 03:15 PM

:LOL Ravenmoon we'll stick it out together!

Eating small meals has helped alot. I eat no sweets at all. I don't even want them which is so weird for me. I totally crave chinese food. Also, veggies of all sorts but fruit makes me :Puke That's sad. Anyway, I'm holding on by the skin of my teeth. Lots of resting!

Amy - Blessed wife to Jesse (the best dad in the world), mother of 10 on earth plus 8 in heaven.   PROUD to be a Catholic! : winner.jpg familybed2.gifhomeschool.gif

#143 of 176 Old 06-27-2004, 03:27 PM

I dreamt about chinese food last night!My dh took the last bowl of something really delicious looking and i got so mad at him :

Are you thinking March from ovulation?From ovulation time i would be due like March 8th or so.By last period it would be Feb 28th.
#144 of 176 Old 06-27-2004, 03:45 PM

From my period I would be due Feb. 11. From ovulation and the fact that I chart and know that I ovulated late it would be March 2. The mw insists that it would be Feb. 21 regardless. Who knows? I'm always late anyway. I'm hoping for March, TBH. My oldest will be 13 on Feb. 16 and I don't want to steal his thunder!

#145 of 176 Old 06-27-2004, 07:46 PM

I'm baaaaaacccckkkkkkk........
but tired and yucky. so I'll check in after my nap.
#146 of 176 Old 06-27-2004, 08:57 PM

welcome back! congrats and hope it was everything you'd hoped it would be! can't wait to hear all about it.

btw, you're not the only one feeling yucky.
#147 of 176 Old 06-27-2004, 08:59 PM

Yah, most of us feel like :Puke This is such a bummer. Puts a damper on my excitedness. Argh

#148 of 176 Old 06-27-2004, 10:46 PM

Hi all. I've remained pretty (uncharacteristically ) quiet, because I am still nervous about this pregnancy going ok, and I guess I am just really superstitious. I'm afraid if I talk about how I'm feeling too much, I will jinx things. I know, I know...of course if you all haven't figured out yet that I'm a freak, then you haven't been paying attention!

Dh has been out of town since early yesterday morning. It has been pretty rough. Yesterday we kept busy, and though I was tired things went ok. Today was harder. Dd is a very erratic napper for me these days, and today I nursed her, she fell asleep, and when I went to put her down on the bed, she woke up. Wah!! I am soo tired, and I really needed a nap. Thanks goodness the weekend is over! Work is much easier then full-time toddler care! My mom is also coming tomorrow to stay for a couple of days. I am embarassed for her to see the state of my house, but that's what moms are for I suppose.

I can't address everyone personally right now, but I have to say, Amy: I hear you on the shrimp!! I almost posted yesterday to say please lay off the shrimp talk! Yuck! I normally really like shrimp, but it's not at all appealing right now.

Ok. Time to get things slightly straightened up and get to bed.

to everyone!

Trying to get my bearings...
#149 of 176 Old 06-27-2004, 11:18 PM

I'm so proud of myself. After the kids were in bed I went down and cleaned up the kitchen and even managed to fold a load of laundry and vacuum the rug. Then I chatted on the phone for a while with another preggo friend (she's due in January) and am eating ice chips surfing the net now. I swear you women inspire me. Just having you to discuss this stuff with makes me feel better. Thank you all!

#150 of 176 Old 06-27-2004, 11:31 PM

Yesssss Yessss, please, no more shrimp!!!! Aside from being severely allergic, the smell sends me right to the toilet!!!

So, now that I'm back and paying attention....... who can I thank for my DDDDC?????
Jenny, did you confess???

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page