February Due Dates Unite! Week of June 21-28 - Page 6 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#151 of 176 Old 06-27-2004, 11:36 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I know someone said they couldn't stand eggs but I'm craving them. I have them every morning for breakfast. I think the protein really helps get me through the morning.

Amy - Blessed wife to Jesse (the best dad in the world), mother of 10 on earth plus 8 in heaven.   PROUD to be a Catholic! : winner.jpg familybed2.gifhomeschool.gif

#152 of 176 Old 06-27-2004, 11:57 PM

Yes, Shannon. I had something to do with that DDDDC. Hope you like it!

Oh and Ekblad, the reason I am still awake is that I started feeling queasy (it's been hitting me in the evenings, rather then the mornings) so I ate a scrambled egg with some cheese on top. It was awesome!

Hope that doesn't gross anyone out!

Trying to get my bearings...
#153 of 176 Old 06-27-2004, 11:59 PM

It's lovely Jenny, and oh so appropriate as we all know, I was a virgin until my wedding night
#154 of 176 Old 06-28-2004, 12:02 AM

You mean you're not a virgin anymore??!!

#155 of 176 Old 06-28-2004, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellie'sMom
You mean you're not a virgin anymore??!!
Yep, we finally broke the seal, after only 2 years living together!!!!
Oddly enough I actually have a sex drive this time--that and OMG the orgasms!!!!!!! Like 3 & 4 each time!!!!
#156 of 176 Old 06-28-2004, 09:47 AM - Thread Starter

OK now that is just not fair! I am jealous!!

Ever-evolving mama to my beautiful Brynn, and my little dimple-face Noah .
#157 of 176 Old 06-28-2004, 10:03 AM

Man, if you guys all lived near me, it'd be so fun to all get together!
#158 of 176 Old 06-28-2004, 10:11 AM
tug

okay, i know my m/s has kicked into full gear -- i couldn't even read any of the food postings this morning - cravings or dislikes. ugh. i barely ate yesterday. unfortunately, not eating seems to just start a vicious cycle of extreme nausea/not eating.

what are the other mothers who are still diapering doing about messy diapers? dh is doing most of ours, but i feel really guilty about that. even going into the closet where we keep dirty dipes makes me heave...

i am so glad everybody's freezing!! it's fun to have company!!!
#159 of 176 Old 06-28-2004, 10:17 AM

Morning all,
I am feeling Moody today and last night (and yes, that is with a capital M). I'm really not thrilled about working today and tomorrow, because I'm so tired, and the kids are going to be wild knowing that they only have 2.5 days of school this week. The very thought makes me sigh.

I have a doctor's appointment today, and I'm a little excited about that, but I have to go alone, because dh is home taking care of dd. When I was expecting dd, he tried to come to my appointments whenever he could.

I'm just a big old grumpy factory today. I think I didn't sleep well. And nothing sounds appealing to eat for breakfast or for lunch today.

Okay, rather than bring you all down with my gloomies, I'm going to think about a little retail therapy. I hink maybe I'll buy that pouch sling I was looking at...
#160 of 176 Old 06-28-2004, 10:43 AM

morning...
I didn't sleep well. I'm queasy. I'm grumpy. And I don't want to be at work.
#161 of 176 Old 06-28-2004, 10:44 AM

Morning all, Everyone please keep fingers crossed for us today, we have an U/S booked for 2:30 this afternoon. I'm so nervous, the last babe stopped developing at 7.5 weeks and that's where we are now. I figure it's a good sign that I've lost 4 lbs from the morning sickness but that my waistband on my pants is feeling very snug.
I'm feeling ultra cruddy today, I have the worst headache, I assume from the change in altitude and the sudden reintroduction to humidity. Havent' eaten yet and don't want to but I guess I should. I think it was bettter being out west, having my friend make breakfast for me or going out to breakfast with Steve, now I have to fend for myself!!
#162 of 176 Old 06-28-2004, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happymamajenni
Man, if you guys all lived near me, it'd be so fun to all get together!
I live pretty close to you. Would love to meet up at COSI or the zoo sometime!

Amy - Blessed wife to Jesse (the best dad in the world), mother of 10 on earth plus 8 in heaven.   PROUD to be a Catholic! : winner.jpg familybed2.gifhomeschool.gif

#163 of 176 Old 06-28-2004, 10:47 AM

Good luck Shannon!

I go to the midwife today too. I'm excited, I think. I'm bringing all the kids and it's during dh's lunch hour so he can come too. The kids are so excited about having a homebirth. I'm glad they want to be so involved.

I have to teach Gymboree tonight. Hopefully I won't have to run out every few minutes. :Puke That would be sad and embaressing.

Hang in there everyone. Keep your eye on the prize!

#164 of 176 Old 06-28-2004, 11:00 AM

How is everyone doing with brushing teeth???? This is not going well for me and it's grossing me out. I just threw up 6 times and finally gave up and am chewing gum. I guess I can only run in and brush them as soon as I'm feeling a little better.
#165 of 176 Old 06-28-2004, 11:04 AM

shannon and ekblad good luck at the doctor's today. i hope you both have good news.

as for brushing teeth ... i'm thinking maybe i brush one side at a time. if i brush really fast, i can get in a good scrub on one section before the reflex kicks in. i worry about my teeth when pg. so this is bothersome. plus i've lost 3 pounds in the last week. i so don't want to eat. i feel as crappy as everyone else and i'm at work. doesn't make it any better.
#166 of 176 Old 06-28-2004, 11:12 AM

I just threw up 2 more times, I don't know what I'm gonna do, I have 2 lessons to teach today and of course I don't want to tell my clients what is going on. Why would the humidity have this much effect on my vomitting, while away I only threw up a few times the entire trip, I've thrown up 9 times just this morning. I have this horrible feeling I will end up back in the hospital and that's the last thing I want to happen right now. Poor Steve can't run my business forever.
#167 of 176 Old 06-28-2004, 11:16 AM

Hang in there shannon.....
Hopefully the doc can give you something for the nausea. Either that or you have to move to a low humidity area for the next 2 months.
#168 of 176 Old 06-28-2004, 11:18 AM

Shannon! You poor thing! Try Burt's Bees Tooth paste. It's worked miracles for me. The last five times I just had to keep trying different tooth pastes until I found one I could stomach.

Humidity is awful for m/s. I always feel worse. I think it has to do with my sinuses and stuff. You poor thing.

#169 of 176 Old 06-28-2004, 11:18 AM - Thread Starter

Ekblad & Jenni, I live in Dayton, which I know isn't close to Toledo...but in the same state.

I was Moody yesterday, too, but feeling a bit better today. Actually yesterday I was bored, which made me moody. I didn't feel like being couch-bound all day, but my nausea was really bad so I couldn't really do much of the stuff I wanted to be doing. I hate that. Still no vomiting though, so that's pretty good.

Brushing my teeth isn't too bad, but watching DH brush his, spit, etc. was really disgusting last night, so I will be sure to wait til he's done before I go in to brush tonight!

I've been feeling a lot of pelvic achiness since yesterday. Not intense, sharp pains, but a dull ache for long periods of time. Is this normal? Have y'all experienced this? This is my first pregnancy so I know there is a lot of stretching and growing going on...and everything I've read has said that mild cramping is normal. I don't have any blood or anything, so I'm hoping it's just normal growing.

Good luck to Shannon and ekblad today!! I don't have my first appt. until July 22, which seems like impossibly long to wait. :

Edited to say Shannon, I hope you find some relief for your m/s soon. I can't imagine how hard that must be for you!

Ever-evolving mama to my beautiful Brynn, and my little dimple-face Noah .
#170 of 176 Old 06-28-2004, 11:18 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi Ladies!!

Shannon~ glad you are back!! So where did the sex drive come from?? I am jealous!! I don't even want to be touched not to mention have sex!!! :

It doesn't help that I feel like I am going to puke every second of every day. It get's worse at night. I have to keep food in my stomach or then I get really ill!! I still haven't puked but sometimes I wonder if that would be better. I am also tired and grumpy. I feel terrible complaining because I am so excited to be having another baby. I just want to feel half decent again. I hope it passes quickly.

Hope everyone else starts feeling better soon!!

Life is to be enjoyed...not just endured!
#171 of 176 Old 06-28-2004, 11:19 AM

Yeah, I"m in Canada, and I'm already on diclectin. The only good news is that I know that IV gravol does stop things. I just wish the gravol suppositories worked as well.
#172 of 176 Old 06-28-2004, 11:20 AM

Amy - your pain probably is from the stretching and growing. I remember that the first couple of times. Now I'm all stretched out :LOL

#173 of 176 Old 06-28-2004, 11:25 AM

Shannon. If you need it take Zofran. I lost 25 pounds my last pregnancy and could not keep anything down for 2 months - the Zofran saved my life! My ds turned out just find too! IT really does help, but make sure insurance will cover it because it cost like $1400 a month.

I survived 4 days without Dh but I was a horrible mom. My ds is always wanting to touch me and I don't want to be touched right now! Poor kid does not understand why mommy is always on the sofa and does not want to run around and play!

I told Dh last night that this was the absolute last time I would be pregnant! I feel like I have the flu most of the time! I really do not like being pregnant -even though I love the result. Either he gets fixed or we are never having sex again! And I mean that!

I have dirty teeth too!!!!
#174 of 176 Old 06-28-2004, 12:33 PM
tug

amy- i had the hip and pelvis discomfort/pain too. i think that was one of the clues that i was pregnant this time, my hips just started hurting and hurting and i couldn't get comfortable in bed. i always thought it was 'cause i was in a car accident a few years ago and broke my pelvis and my back, but now i'm thinkin' it's just the normal thing.
#175 of 176 Old 06-28-2004, 01:26 PM

Mornin!

Ekblad, Shannon and Lesley: Hope the appts go well. Ekblad, I think that is so great that your kid are excited about your hb.

Hey Ohio folks! I went to Oberlin, so I like to consider Ohio one of my adopted homes!

Shannon: Aren't you all having an election up there today? Are you feeling well enough to go and vote? It sounds like a pretty close race.

Amy: I have had the pubic bone pain too. I actually don't remember getting it this early before. It was pretty bad last week, but I haven't noticed it in the last few days.

for the moody mamas
for the pukey mamas

Does anyone want to start a new thread?

#176 of 176 Old 06-28-2004, 01:29 PM

Here's the new thread

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...89#post1663189

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page