February Due Dates Unite! Week of June 21-28 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-20-2004, 03:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Good morning and happy Father's Day! I hope no one minds that I started the thread this week. First, the list of attendees:

Kater07 February
Chiku due Feb 1 birthing center
Parker'smommy (Heather) due Feb 1
Lisashepp (Lisa) due Feb 1
Dandylion (Stephanie) due Feb 2
Truvie due Feb 2
PeacefulVegan (who also answers to Tracie) due Feb 3
Lou due Feb 3
Kelly 1216 (Kelly) due Feb 3
Twin Mom (Deb) Due Feb 4, VBA2C homebirth
Free Thinker (Mandy) due Feb 5
HelloKitty (Kitty) due Feb 6
Letabug (Arleta) due Feb 6
LianneM due Feb 7 homebirth
TexasSuz (Susan) due Feb 7
Happymamajenni (Jenni) due Feb 7 hospital/OBGYN
LesleyLuu (Lesley) due Feb 7
DeirdreAlison (Deirdre) due 1st week Feb homebirth, maybe waterbirth
New Life Due Feb 8
Shannon 0218- due Feb 11 hospital birth with great OB
Tug due Feb 12
Firefly due Feb 13
Christi due Feb 14 hospital birth with fab OB
Periwinkle (Karen) due Feb 14
Fairymomma (Pamela) due Feb 14
Jorie (Margorie) due Feb 14
Ellie's Mom (Jenny) due Feb 14 homebirth
AmBam (Amber) due Feb 14 homebirth
Wtchyhlr (Joy) due Feb 14
Seren (Serenity) due Feb 16 birthing center/waterbirth
rose angel (Karen) due Feb 16
mama2m&m (Denise) due Feb 17
Karennnnn (Karen) due Feb 17
Coopsmama (Kristen) Due Feb 17
weesej (Jen) Due Feb 19 homebirth
mehndimama (Stell) due Feb 22 unassisted homebirth
*Amy* (Amy) due Feb 20 birthing center/possible water birth...?
heveasoul due Feb 24
Ekblad7 due Feb 28

Please let me know if I have left anyone out!

And now, I am feeling the need to emote.

First, just wanted to send vibes to Jenny. I've been thinking about you. I've been thinking about a lot of you, actually!

I still haven't had any serious morning sickness, just a bit of nausea throughout the day. Up until today, I hadn't been feeling especially tired. I don't feel that bone exhaustion that I know some of you do, though; just feel like it would be nice to curl up with my pillow and take a cat-nap and do some deep breathing.

Today is, however, the first day I am experiencing remarkable moodiness. My poor husband is doing his best to make me feel beautiful and loved and appreciated, and I am kind of just growling around because I don't feel like talking or interacting at all. We did have a nice Father's Day morning; I gave him a journal and a DADDY keychain which he loved. It was also a nice surprise for him because he didn't expect for me to have gotten anything for him.

I had a terrible dream last night that my husband and I were on vacation in a beautiful condo somewhere, but that my ex-husband broke into the house in the middle of the night and was trying to kill me. It was terrifying and VERY odd because my ex-husband and I have essentially no relationship at all, and there is no hostility between us; we've been divorced for over 5 years and have both gone on to happy lives. It was so bizarre. I have read though that it's not uncommon for women to have dreams of people trying to kill them while they are pregnant. I am wondering if it just my protective instincts kicking in? The night before that I had a dream that I got into a serious fight with my PhD mentor, who is also one of my best (male) friends. I'm not sure where all of these negative scenarios are coming from because on a conscious level I am feeling very positive, peaceful, and happy. Have y'all experienced anything like this?

Have a peaceful Sunday.

Ever-evolving mama to my beautiful Brynn, and my little dimple-face Noah .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2004, 05:44 PM

Yes Amy, I'm having vivid dreams and occasionally nightmares. I can totally relate to how weird they are.

I've been feeling really down today. It was my anniversary on friday, and father's day today, and we have no money, so no presents. In fact, I've also been sick as a dog (dd has now gotten my cold too), and so I just haven't been feeling good in that regard either. I have hardly been hungry at all the past 4 days, so I've kind of had to force myself to eat.

I don't know if it is the illness masking my symptoms, or I tend to not get very many, but I'm worrying a lot right now. I'm 6w5d and I have virtually no nausea anymore. This wouldn't bother me so much but I had some and now it has gone away. My breast are a little more sore than usual, but they aren't painful, nor are my nipples, even when I nurse. When I was 8 weeks with my first, I had already grown a cup size, and my breasts seem to be a little fuller, but it's honestly hard to tell. I'm obviously too early to "show" although I do seem a little bloated. I know that earlier this week i was reassuring someone else who had very few symptoms, and I know that every pregnancy is different. But I'm so worried today.

I actually called my mom and told her I do want to come in for an ultrasound after all. So that will be tomorrow after work. Which is a huge pain in the butt for me, especially since I'm trying to finish end of the year stuff in my classroom right now. The drive from my work to her office will be at least an hour. About the same back home. My mom could open the office for me today (in theory), but she won't. I understand, sort of, that a day won't make much difference, and that most people wouldn't even have this option and would just have to wait and see their OB. I just wish sometimes she was the kind of mom who would say, "I'm really sorry you're worried sweetie, why don't you come get an ultrasound today so you can feel reassured?"

Okay, enough of me feeling sorry for myself. I know everything is probably okay. I would just feel so much better if I knew. Like right now. I thought about buying an HPT, but the thing that is so dumb is that even if I had a miscarriage, the hormone levels would still be high enough to give me a +, so there is really no point in wasting my money that way.

Well, I'm off to snuggle with dh and try to give him a pleasant father's day despite my worries.
Old 06-20-2004, 07:17 PM

Hi everybody--I'm back from vacation and I've missed catching up with you all!

I was having a lot of all-day queasiness for the past couple of weeks, but it seems to be better since I've started taking my prenatal at night instead of in the morning. I start my 9th week tomorrow (never sure how to say that exactly) and my main symptoms are constant peeing, fatigue, and I'm just starting to get some moodiness. I feel more emotional than bitchy so far.

We told my parents about the pregnancy while on vacation, and everyone was thrilled--first grandchild and first great grand-child. We will tell DH's parents today and I think we will wait to tell extended family and friends until the 12-week mark or an u/s, whichever comes first.

My first prenatal appointment is this week! I'm excited!

I feel like a horrible wife--I didn't even think to get DH a Father's Day present. It still feels almost a little bit like jinxing to do that before the first trimester is even over, but Amy, you're making me wonder if I should! What are most people doin? (I guess this is only relevant to first time moms...)
Old 06-20-2004, 08:15 PM

Hi all. Thanks so much (yet again) for all of the support. Things here are still sort of in limbo, but there is definitely some hope! I don't have time to go into all the details now. Ellie is detroying the CD rack.

Lesley and everyone else who needs it. I'll respond in more detail later.

Amy: Could you cut the list of Feb. mamas from the first posting in last week's thread and add it to your first post on this thread? It is helpful to have it up there. Do you mind "keeping" the thread for the week since you started it? This just entails adding people as necessary.

I will post more later. All I can say about my situation is that I am trying to approach everything with no expectations. It has really improved my outlook. But I also think that all the positive vibes that come from this board are very powerful !

Trying to get my bearings...
Old 06-20-2004, 10:21 PM

Thanks Amy! I've had some extremely vivid dreams too. The latest one symbolized some underlying fears I have about hospitals. Apparently I'm afraid that I'll have to be transferred and all the hospital stuff I want to avoid will happen to me. Basically I had no control - I was induced, and the baby was taken from me, given the Hep B shot, PKU test, and antibiotics in the eyes. I'm sure if it had been a boy in the dream he'd have been circed. I'm hoping to go through the Birthing From Within book and get some of my fears on paper and resolved.

Lesley I hope you get some reassurance soon.

Chiku - I didn't get my DH a gift either and felt bad, but realized that I have many years to do it and he wasn't expecting it anyway. He enjoyed everyone saying "Happy Father's Day" to him today.

Ellie'sMom - Thinking of you

As for me, I have NO appetite still. Today I forced down 2 baked potatoes, and I'm thinking of making some chicken broth. I'm down 6 lbs since I got pg. It figures I try and try to lose weight, and nothing. :LOL

WAHMama to Allen (2-10-05) and Alexa (6-27-08)
Old 06-20-2004, 10:25 PM

Thanks all,
I had a wave of nausea this afternoon, which made me feel much, much better. I'll still be nervous until tomorrow, but I think I was just having a little bout of depression and doubt. I'm back to feeling a lot better, and mostly recovered from my cold, thank god.
Old 06-20-2004, 10:51 PM

Amy, can you edit my listing - I'm having an unassisted homebirth. Thanks!

I had a dream last night that my 2yo was crawling with head lice. Eww eww eww! I'm wondering if that was my "slow down so you don't get overwhelmed!" warning - when Davey was just a month or two old, all 3 older kids and I got head lice. It was a nightmare, and involved 2-3 hours of hair-combing, bug-drowning, and nit-picking every night for 2 weeks. I tell ya, if something like that happened NOW, I'd probably die!
Old 06-20-2004, 10:51 PM

OK, put my due date down as Feb 28. I really think this little one will come in March but the midwife insists the last week in Feb! Either way, glad to be here!

I have very vivid dreams. I always do when I'm pg. I haven't been as tired as usual but that will probably come in a couple of weeks with the m/s. I've been trying to keep my spirits up. I usually get such bad m/s that I can't move off the couch. Dh and I are going to San Francisco on the middle of July and I really don't want to be sick for that. Other than that I've cleared my calander until September. I hate having committments to cancel b/c I'm puking non stop! Anyway, I've changed my whole vitamin regimant so hopefully that will help :

Take care everyone!

Amy - Blessed wife to Jesse (the best dad in the world), mother of 10 on earth plus 8 in heaven.   PROUD to be a Catholic! : winner.jpg familybed2.gifhomeschool.gif

Old 06-21-2004, 02:45 AM

Hi everybody! I'm joining in. My due date according to an online due date calendar is Jan 29th, but I'm joining the Feb Due Date Club instead because a) I think it'll be a bit later than that, b) dh has this thing about Groundhog Day and due dates are pretty random anyway, so I'm choosing February 2nd instead, and c) because I can!

I have two daughters, ages 6 and 3 (very nearly 7 and 4 now!) and I had both of them in the hospital. This time I am planning an unassisted birth and so far I am doing unassisted prenatal too. I'm at about 8 weeks LMP now.

I've been feeling pretty nauseous, but I haven't thrown up. I don't throw up when I'm pregnant and very rarely when I'm sick so that's not unusual, but the nausea is not fun. I've taken to eating Altoids Apple Sours and they work pretty well, but my kids keep stealing them! I'm also feeling very tired and want to spend most of my time laying on the couch. The house is not doing well.

We're going swimming tomorrow and I have to wear a swimming suit. I'm already starting to pudge out. My belly wasn't exactly svelte going into this and since it's my third pregnancy... well, I don't know if I'll look pregnant or just like I have a gut, but I'll definitely look something.

Anyway, looking forward to getting to know you all.
Old 06-21-2004, 11:07 AM - Thread Starter

Welcome and hello Stephanie! Mehndi mama is also planning unassisted homebirth.

Lesleyluu, let us know how it goes this afternoon. I had also been feeling a bit of anxiety about not getting sicker than I have been, but one of my advisors told me yesterday that she didn't have one symptom, other than larger breasts, during her pregnancy. She said it was hard to believe she was pregnant until she began to show! I know everyone is different, though, so I should just count my blessings instead of worrying. The tiredness has been increasing almost hourly though, so I am taking that as a good sign.

I had the coolest dream last night. I dreamt I was visiting my Dad and Stepmom and that the baby was suddenly born, even though in my dream I was only around 2 months pregnant. Well the baby wasn't so much born as just appeared in my arms (talk about dream birth). So anyway, it was a boy! This is totally surprising to me given that I have always just had this feeling that I would have a girl; it's not even a preference, but almost as though the Universe said, "you're having a girl." So in my dream, I was holding my beautiful baby boy (who looked to be about 6 months old), and thinking, "this is my child....this is my baby!" My husband then came back from wherever he was, and he saw me holding the baby and said, "what an adorable baby!" and he held him, obviously smitten. I said, "honey, this is our baby!" and Jason looked at me in shock, I'm sure thinking "but you're only two months pregnant!" so I said, "it's OK; we're dreaming. This is a dream." and I smiled at him. It was great.

I know I had another dream last night that the baby was a boy, but I don't remember the details at all. I also had a dream long before I was pregnant that we had a boy, and once again, I was totally surprised. Maybe the Universe is kindly preparing me for either outcome. I've got to stop thinking of the baby as "she."

My best friend said that she dreamt that she had a girl while she was pregnant with her son. My mom, though, dreamt she had a girl with me, and a boy with my brother. What about y'all?

Old 06-21-2004, 11:11 AM
tug

Lesley, try not to worry, my morning sickness comes and goes by the day. I think it's just a weird thing.

Are y'all still fitting your regular clothes? I'm out of all my jeans and bought some elastic waist/maternity stuff 'cause i don't feel like doing the next size up thing (just makes me look huge). it's funny, i started wearing maternity clothes this weekend (what do i care if strangers think, "she's pregnant.") but during the week at work I'm not going to (mostly 'cause if something happens, I don't want "sympathy" or hugs or "support" from some of certain ucky, nosey co-workers. i've told my close friends at work only).
Old 06-21-2004, 11:16 AM
tug

Oh yeah, the nightmares are horrible. I had these with my first and now they've started again. i hate those. they make me anxious and then i get anxious about being anxious (i read some article that said that mother's who go through some really emotional event during some period of the pregnancy are more likely to have children with autism, so now i worry about that...argh!).

actually, i'm anxious all the time now. is that a symptom? or maybe just my life right now? oh well. we should all just worry less!!
Old 06-21-2004, 11:29 AM

I've started with the weird dreams LOL! I had one where i was yelling at my boss and some weird six dream last night!

Ugh!

I bought a few things as well, a couple of dressed that aren't too huge and and some pants. I won't wear them to work either, just at home. But it's nice to have some things that fit. I do have to elasatic waist skirts i bought that look like regular skirts b ut i'm afraid someone will remember them from last year so i'll wait on those too. quite a balancing act, eh?!

so last night my dd was jumping on the bed and when i went to grab her to stop jumping (i was reclining) she landed square on my pelvis. it felt like someone socked me right in the gut. i mean my hip bone didn't even break the landing. so that's given me one more thing to worry about. is there any cause for concern? i keep thinking of my bean being squished in it's little world right now. they don't know about the baby yet so i just try to tell them to be careful but it's like talking to the wind sometimes LOL.
Old 06-21-2004, 11:30 AM

Morning all, and welcome to the new list members. We've got quite a few Feb dates now!

I'm feeling kinda sickish this morning, which is excellent. I never actually threw up with my first, and I'm hoping the sickness stays mild this time too (but there enough so I'm not worried every 5 minutes).

I haven't yet had to foray into maternity clothes, not even close to be honest. I thought my clothes might be getting snug at this point, but I still have just a little "pooch" like when I've over-eaten. I didn't really start to look pregnant with my dd until I was about 19 or 20 weeks, then I suddenly looked like someone had jammed a basketball under my shirt. I'm guessing it will be earlier this time around.

My husband asked yesterday, "When can we find out the gender?" I told him, "Probably not for about 3 more months." That seemed odd, very far away, and very close at the same time.

I'm amazed at those of you going unassisted! What strong, capable mamas you must be. That, for me, is not an option, but I never fail to be impressed by those that do it.

Along the same lines, I know many of you find doppler and ultrasound controversial, or chose not to use them. Others of you do. If you are one that uses doppler/ultrasound, would you consider renting a doppler to use at home? I have my fears about it, but I also know that I'll be a huge worrier until I feel fetal movement. I was thinking that hearing the heartbeat might be reassuring. However, I didn't do this last time, and I wasn't really all that worried. Maybe once I'm growing I'll feel "safer", if you know what I mean.

I miss Shannon, but I'm sure she's having a blast on her honeymoon.
Old 06-21-2004, 02:17 PM

subscribe
Old 06-21-2004, 02:42 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hello Everyone! Sounds like everyone is doing great! I feel pretty good. A little nauseated but not enough to throw up thankfully. Some days I wonder if I am pregnant. So sorry to those of you who are really ill! I can't imagine. It must be terrible.

We went away for the weekend so it is nice to be home again. Thinking I need to start packing and getting ready for our move.

Amy- would you add to the list that I am having a homebirth. Thanks!

Check back later! Have a wonderful day ladies~

Life is to be enjoyed...not just endured!
Old 06-21-2004, 03:14 PM

I'm not sure what to do about the clothing situation. I'm definitely not showing yet, but have gained some weight and my waist is thickening so that some of my clothes are starting not to fit. My books all say I won't start showing for many weeks to come, but then they also say my uterus is probably larger than a grapefruit--how can that not be poking out a teeny bit considering my tummy pokes out more even when I eat a big meal?

So I don't know whether to buy a few staples in a larger size or try to hold out until I truly need maternity clothes.

I am feeling pretty crappy about the "looking fat but not pregnant" stage. But I am trying to appreciate the advantages of not being huge yet--like sleeping on my stomach, doing mat exercises on my back for at least a few more weeks, not having random strangers come up and rub my belly, etc.

edited to add: oh, and Amy, I am planning a birth center birth.
Old 06-21-2004, 03:20 PM

Hi All!!!

I've had some vivid dreams too - but nothing tooooo crazy yet

I rented a doppler with my last pregnancy - we had a m/c the pregnancy before and I was so scared that having the doppler around when I was a complete mess helped me a lot. I've chosen not to rent it this time around though. I'm still nervous but not as bad as the time before so I guess that's why.

I'm naetous all day long, sometimes puking in the morning but usually not actually puking throughout the rest of the day - just feeling like I have to! And I'm completely wiped out, I have no energy to do anything which is sooo not like me. I feel really bad for my youngest DS who is 18 months - because I'm sure he's wondering why his Mommy is suddenly so lame and doesn't want to go out all the time like usual. I've been a real couch potato. It's good and bad at the same time - I'm psyched that I have strong symptoms so I know all is OK but of course I'm not enjoying being sick and tired all the time.

Just finished off a hot ham and cheese on wheat roll up bread - it was yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmy.

Kitty

Great for nature studies! http://www.pleinairkids.com
Plein Air Kids - Handmade wooden art boxes for Budding Artists.
Old 06-21-2004, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiku
So I don't know whether to buy a few staples in a larger size or try to hold out until I truly need maternity clothes.
I've been wondering the same thing - I have a pooch going and the thing is that it hurts if anything presses against it so I long for clothes that are loose and comfy. I did buy a pair of maternity pants at Old Navy that say they are for Trimester 1 & 2 - they are my regular size but hang bellow the belly a bit and have elastic in back to stetch. They are great but they are only one pair of pants

Great for nature studies! http://www.pleinairkids.com
Plein Air Kids - Handmade wooden art boxes for Budding Artists.
Old 06-21-2004, 04:32 PM

Hello Kitty--this whole matrnity clothes thing is new to me--I didn't even know they made first and second trimester stuff--that might be a good choice. I have a few elastic waist skirts and pants that are still fine (if a bit grannyish) and I just sewed my first skirt ever and made it a size too big so I could wear it now and take it in next year post-babe. So I have a few things, but definitely not enough for work.

I want to try to stay away from maternity clothes as long as possible because I am DREADING telling work. I'm hoping I can wait until 15-20 weeks or until I just can't get away with it any longer. I work a lot of hours for a consulting firm and my DH and I have decided that I'm going to be a part-time WAHM. They are NOT going to like that. Aside from being generally pissed at me for not being "a team player," my female, childless boss calls all mothers "cookie bakers" (whether or NOT they work outside the home) and there is just generally an unsupportive environment here. In fact, in a firm of 35+ people, only the two owners have children. Everyone else who has had kids has eventually quit because the schedule is too demanding. But I digress. The point is, I am really not looking forward to telling work, so I want to try and stave off the maternity clothes as long as I can, even though I am also eager to look pregnant instead of just fatter!

Lesleyluu--glad to hear you are feeling sick if you are! I will toss some of mine your way! LOL.

Mama2M&M--I think you are probably ok, although you should check with your dr/midwife if you are really worried about it. The way I undertand it is that your little babe is burrowed into the the lining of your uterus and has the beginnings of an amniotic sac to protect him/her. I think it would take a lot to jot that loose. My mom was even saying that the incidence of M/C due to horseback accidents in the first two trimesters is overstated--usually the mom is more hurt than the babe.(not that we should all go jump on a horse!). Just trying to be a reassuring voice. I bet you are fine. How do you feel? That is probably the best way to tell.

edited to add:
what about bras and shoes? My boobs are already getting bigger, but I don't want to buy a bunch of new bras if they are going to keep growing. And I know my feet will supposedly get bigger--although I haven't noticed anything yet. Would it be safe to buy new shoes during the pregnancy or will I outgrow them all?
Old 06-21-2004, 05:17 PM

I'm overweight already so won't start showing for a while, I guess. I've looked four months pg since I had my last baby 19 months ago. :LOL So I'm just relieved I can say "yes" when people ask me if I'm pg!

Still no m/s yet but it's coming. I usually get it around 7 wks and it lasts to about 14 wks. Everyday that I don't have it is a gift in my book. Though, like some of you, I worry if I'm not sick. I remember really stressing out about it last time and then I ended up very sick.

Anyway, hugs to everyone. Don't feel bad about not being able to do much with your other kids. It's only a few months in their lives. Hasn't hurt any of my kids this far!

Amy - Blessed wife to Jesse (the best dad in the world), mother of 10 on earth plus 8 in heaven.   PROUD to be a Catholic! : winner.jpg familybed2.gifhomeschool.gif

Old 06-21-2004, 09:06 PM

I went & got some cheapie maternity bottoms a couple days ago - Wal-Mart under-the-belly type jean shorts & capris. I had to. My jeans would fit me until about noon, then I'd have to unbutton. By dinnertime, they'd be unzipped....I looked like an idiot I figured I needed summer stuff anyway, so I got those to last me until I actually fit into my maternity stash (Thank GOODNESS I saved all those jeans! I weeded out all our stored clothes about a months ago, and got rid of a bunch of stuff, including maternity & baby stuff. I'm so very very glad I hung onto the good stuff!)
I need some new bras, though. I have 2 Sm Bravados, and I need Med's. My ribcage has expanded considerably.
Old 06-21-2004, 09:24 PM

I too have been having such vivid dreams. I woke up absolutely sobbing because in my dream my best friend told me I couldn't come over anymore because she is allergic to the cat hair on my clothes. And she wanted me to pay to have her house cleaned of all the cat hair. Thank god it was a dream. She is really allergic to cat dander but it only means that she can't come to my house.
I'm glad to know that some of you have been experiencing your symptoms come and go. I've come to think that it is a normal part of pregnancy and I'm trying not to worry about it so much.
Do any of you co sleep while you are pregnant? I do and my ds seems to be very clingy. I'm not getting enough sleep. I was wondering if any of you are dealing with this issue?
Cravings anyone? I have been craving red meat big time. I havent' eaten redmeat in almost 10 years.. I'm wondering if I should give in to my craving or ignore lt. I feel like maybe my body needs something from it. I'm not sure what to do.
Old 06-21-2004, 09:27 PM

Hey ladies... I just took a 2 1/2 hour nap This is not me I tell ya. But it felt SOOOO good.

Lesse, I'm still perfectly comfortable in my regular clothes, but I just lost a bunch of weight and have all my "fat" clothes still. I am hoping that between those and the maternity clothes a friend is going to loan me that I won't have to buy much.

On Bra's - anyone who's btdt have an opinion on sports bras? The one I'm in is the most comfy bra these days. Any reason I should be wearing something else?

I got my copy of Having a Baby, Naturally today. Explained why i've been craving banana's... they are good sources of B6. Actually banana's and peanut butter are all i could eat this morning.

*yawn* must wake up.

Joy
Old 06-21-2004, 10:38 PM

I'm not much of a bra person - I usually go braless whenever I can. So unless you're big enough to need a bra, or feel like you need more support than usual, I wouldn't bother getting a "special" bra or anything.

I always crave red meat when pregnant - roast beef in particular It was rather distressing when I was a vegetarian, but now I think it's a good thing I do crave it - it's an easy way for me to get my daily protein.
Old 06-22-2004, 12:06 AM

Hi everyone,
Just popping in to let you know that I had an ultrasound today at my mom's office, and we saw the heartbeat!!! I'm so excited, and happy, and relieved. Now it seems real, and like it will be okay, whether or not I feel pukey. Deep sigh of relief.

Okay, gotta go, hope everyone is doing well.
Old 06-22-2004, 02:06 AM

Just checking in!!
We're in Calgary now, heading to the mountains tomorrow morning.
Ummm does anyone know who is responsible for my wonderful DDDDC????
: : : :
Will check in again later in the week.
Morning sickness persists but I have not had to visit a hospital.
Old 06-22-2004, 02:27 AM

Hi gals. I had a rough weekend. I had to lie in bed both mornings waiting for my stomach to be ready to accept food. I had no energy. Dh made me steak both days and I felt fine after eating the steak. Maybe I am low in iron?

Went to the OB today. They took blood and urine and made me fill out paperwork. Anyone else not doing the screenings? I did not do any last time and don't think I will do any this time either. Just the ultrasound and GSB test. My doc is cool with that.
Have to go back in 2 weeks for an internal exam - ug! Can't wait to hear the heartbeat then, they did not eve try today.
Old 06-22-2004, 08:21 AM

shannon ! have fun in the mountains and glad that you're staying healthy!!!

lesly, yeah on the it's so reassuring! especially at this stage lol

suz, sorry to hear about your sickness but like i keep trying to remind myself, it's all for a good cause!

i sort of crave red meat but i do tht anyway. i was craving chinese last night and ordered fried rice and spring rolls. they didn't really settle my stomach. i think i've entered the all day queasy stage with major heaving in the am when i first get up. ugh! but it's a good thing.
Old 06-22-2004, 10:31 AM - Thread Starter

That is wonderful news Lesley! I am so relieved for you!! I called my OB office yesterday and they won't be listening for the heartbeat until July 22nd (I'll be 10 weeks pregnant/FA 8 weeks). I told my husband yesterday that I will feel a huge sense of relief once we are able to hear proof that the little one is OK. I have no reason to think otherwise, but...you know...

My nausea is pretty noticable this morning and I am really tired. That is reassuring but not so helpful in the motivation department!

OK, crazy dream of the night: I dreamt I was taking my dog (who is 10 years old, and I've had since she was 5 weeks) up in an elevator, and around the 13th/14th floor, she fell into gap between the elevator floor and the doors; she fell all the way to the ground. It was horrifying. When I got down, her back was broken, but (oddly) she was still able to walk. I called the vet, hysterical, and he said he would come over because she would have to put to sleep. God it was terrible.

Anyhoo, on to happier topics: Shannon, hope you are have a great time on honeymoon!

Joy, I am also wearing sports bras and I love them. I went to a major sporting goods store and bought two Nike bras at $30 each, and then while I was at Wal-Mart I thought I would just check (but didn't expect to find anything), and lo and behold, I found 4 that were *really* comfortable and only $7 each! I've even been wearing them to bed, which kind of sucks in terms of feeling skin-to-skin with DH, but it certainly keeps me more comfortable.

Have a good Tuesday, all!

User Tag List