beta ? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 06-22-2004, 12:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I thought I was having a miscarriage last week but went to the er they did blood work and an internal exam and they said to wait it out for 36 hours I did and the spotting stopped, they said my numbers were low wait another 36 hours so I did still low they weren't doubleing just getting a tad bit bigger, so they said give it all weekend so yesterday I went and my #/s were over 60,000, I should be 7 weeks I kept asking if that was in the safe range and they said probably. So does anybody know. I am still worried no spotting but no symptoms yet either. when I was pg with ds I was already on meds for the sever m/s and was so tired and weak I couldn't even walk. So I am relieved that I am not that sick considdering I have an almost 1 year old but I am worried b/c I was in and out of the hospital with ds getting fluids and medicine to make me stop puking so this doesn't feel normal to me. I can actually eat.

Doula mama to my 3 bugs
#2 of 5 Old 06-22-2004, 01:23 PM

Hi! I can totally relate to how you are feeling. I have been spotting off and on for the last 2 weeks. My Dr. said I can have spotting /w no cramps, or cramps w/ no spot. If I have the 2 together, then I need to call them. I was also sick as a dog w/ DD. I threw up all day, every day for the first 20 weeks. This time I just feel a bit neasous. I can't find the site right now, but do a search for Beta numbers in PG, and you should find a site that gives you the ranges for each week. I used to have one saved, but it's not there anymore. Good Luck, and I hope you stay postive! I know it's hard not to worry. I have been spotting for 2+ weeks now
#3 of 5 Old 06-22-2004, 03:56 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks! My doc (well navy doc) said the same thing I wasn't so sure I believed him b/c he told me he just came off a ship and has never done any ob stuff. REAL REASSURING!I will check for a site. Thanks!

Doula mama to my 3 bugs
#4 of 5 Old 06-22-2004, 04:49 PM

Hi Leta. I am going through something similar right now. Here is a sight with the ranges.http://www.conceivingconcepts.com/le...icles/hcg.html

At 7 weeks you should be able to see a heartbeat on u/s. I'm not sure if that is more intervention than you want, but it is considered definitive at this stage in the game.

Lots of vibes to you!

Trying to get my bearings...
#5 of 5 Old 06-22-2004, 10:29 PM - Thread Starter

thanks for the website. I was asking for an ultrasound at our old base the navy docs would've been like OK but now we are on a TINY base and the docs are like we only do 1 ultrasound and we will wait until about 20 weeks to do that so you'll know the sex. I told them I would rather be reassured that there will be a 20 weeks but they said as long as I don't cramp and bleed I should be ok and as long as the numbers keep going up they won't do one now they were like YOU will regret it later. With DS I didn't want to know my husband who was in Iraq knew but I wanted that surprise at the moment he was born to find out. It made it so much fun, now i know there are cute diapers out there so I would like to know but I would rather know what was going on. Next week if they still are 100% about my blood then I will go to the General of the hospital if I have to get that ultrasound. (I know they would never let me take it that far but I will go as high as I need to go) Plus we have to have genetic screening with a level 2 or a 3d ultrasound anyways before 26 weeks and after 18 weeks so I will get at least 3 ultrasounds anyways. They are just being STUPID. Whew I just kinda had to vent there for a second!

Doula mama to my 3 bugs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page