June 28 - July 5 Feb Mamas - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 166 Old 07-01-2004, 02:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Progesterone will not do any harm. Levels flucuate so drastically that even blood results are not terribly reliable. Mine for instance can go from 12 to 36 in a matter of days with no rhyme or reason--36 is fine--12 is absolutely not. It can increase your morning sickness and make constipation worse, but no damage to mom or baby. Oh and it does cause headaches for me.
#92 of 166 Old 07-01-2004, 03:15 PM - Thread Starter

OK, Plan B is happening. I called my OB from before. I know I'm bad but I just can't wait to know what's going on. So I'm going in there in about an hour. They're going to do an ultrasound there. I'm so nervous I feel like I could puke. I hope that's a good sign. I'll keep you posted and thank you all again.

Amy - Blessed wife to Jesse (the best dad in the world), mother of 10 on earth plus 8 in heaven.   PROUD to be a Catholic! : winner.jpg familybed2.gifhomeschool.gif

#93 of 166 Old 07-01-2004, 03:30 PM

Ekblad: Feel no guilt about calling the OB. Do what you have to to feel reassured. Though I'm planning a homebirth I am going to my old mws at the birthcenter for now, simply because they can order betas, and u/s and such. No harm. No foul. (I actually have no idea what that means, but it seems appropriate )

Sending you tons of vibes!! Let us know.

Trying to get my bearings...
#94 of 166 Old 07-01-2004, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekblad7+
OK, Plan B is happening. I called my OB from before. I know I'm bad but I just can't wait to know what's going on. So I'm going in there in about an hour. They're going to do an ultrasound there. I'm so nervous I feel like I could puke. I hope that's a good sign. I'll keep you posted and thank you all again.
Oh I'm so glad--and hey, do what you gotta do!!!! Don't feel guilty!!
#95 of 166 Old 07-01-2004, 03:54 PM

Ekblad
#96 of 166 Old 07-01-2004, 04:04 PM

Ekblad

:

Please let us know as soon as you hear anything.
#97 of 166 Old 07-01-2004, 06:12 PM

Ekblad, any news?
#98 of 166 Old 07-01-2004, 06:18 PM - Thread Starter

I'm back! And the saw a strong I'm 6wks 2 days according to the u/s. So that makes my due date Feb 25 which is way closer to what I thought it was. Anyway, it was such a relief! Now just lots of rest for me. Hope you're all doing well and thank you SO much for getting me through this!

Amy - Blessed wife to Jesse (the best dad in the world), mother of 10 on earth plus 8 in heaven.   PROUD to be a Catholic! : winner.jpg familybed2.gifhomeschool.gif

#99 of 166 Old 07-01-2004, 06:21 PM

HOORAY!!!!

WAHMama to Allen (2-10-05) and Alexa (6-27-08)
#100 of 166 Old 07-01-2004, 07:12 PM

Oh thank goodness!I was thinking of you all day!
#101 of 166 Old 07-01-2004, 07:53 PM

excellent ekblad!!!!!!!!!!!! woohoo!
#102 of 166 Old 07-01-2004, 09:30 PM

Yay Ekblad!!!!!! That is sooo good to hear. I was sending sticky vibes all day!

OK you all. After no spotting for over a week and a half I had some brownish cm tonight. More than anything it makes me feel : . I just want to tell the fates, "Stop yankin' my chain already!" Thank goodness the u/s is tomorrow.

Before I go staighten up in anticipation of Dh's arrival (woohoo), I just need to say what a terrific group of women you are. I want to stay pregnant for lots of reasons of course, but part of it is wanting to share this journey with you 2/05 mamas.

#103 of 166 Old 07-01-2004, 09:32 PM

Ekblad!

Jenny We want YOU to stick around too! Best of luck tomorrow!
#104 of 166 Old 07-01-2004, 10:12 PM

Well, I could use some good vibes, if there are any left. I've had the slightest bit of spotting the last two days, and my doctor's office is having me come in for a sonagram tomorrow.

I'm hopeful, but worried. The most frustrating part has been getting a live person at the OB's office. Their practice has really grown, and the staff isn't quite able to keep up with it.

Crossing my fingers for good news tomorrow.

Bridget. Momma to DD (4), expecting DS - 9/09, wife to SAHD. Gardener, coffee addict, urban dweller.
#105 of 166 Old 07-01-2004, 10:59 PM

HydeParkB and Jenny!!
#106 of 166 Old 07-02-2004, 02:52 AM

ekblad, glad things are looking good.

Hope all things go well on the ultrasounds tomorrow.

I had my own scare today. I'm a very big worrier. Well, today I had to take my sister to the ER and I ran out of gas after dropping her and my mom off. I was on my way to the gas station. I was with a friend. She started pushing and I HAD to get out and help. We had at least 20 cars pass us before someone stopped to help, two guys rode behind us honking and laughing.. We pushed the car by ourselves for almost 3 blocks. Then two really nice men stopped and pushes us the rest of the way, somewhere between 1/4-1/2 mile. Well, by the time we got gas and were on our way I was feeling something weird in my abdomen. Not pain, excatly, but a kinda pressure. So I called my midwife and she said I should be okay and what to watch out for. So, I'm still a bit freaked. My stomach quit hurting after about an hour, but is starting up again. Hopefully it's just ligament pain. I'm gonna go to bed now, get some rest and hope it gets better.

Serenity LDS mommy to 4 rambunctious kidlets
#107 of 166 Old 07-02-2004, 08:41 AM - Thread Starter

to everyone and sticky vibes to the ultrasounders today. Let us know ASAP if everything is OK. Sounds like with the amount of us spotting around this time it may actually be somewhat normal? I had never spotted before. Anyway, I'm still laying around, basically, afraid to do too much. My house is disgusting and the kids are out of control. Hopefully I can keep them busy today!

#108 of 166 Old 07-02-2004, 08:42 AM - Thread Starter

I wanted to add that Wild Yam Root is awesome for m/s. I put it in my concoction to avoid miscarriage and then I stopped having m/s. Well, that freaked me out because I assumed that I wasn't pg anymore. Then when everything was OK with baby I looked up wild yam root and it is used to ease m/s. It worked great for me so far!

#109 of 166 Old 07-02-2004, 10:42 AM

WOOHOO Ekblad! And good to know on wild yam. Thats interesting.
I actually woke up today feeling better than I've felt since I got the BFP. Which is a little disconcerting. My boobs aren't quite as sore, and I'm not quite as queasy. Today is my 8 week mark, and I thought all that didn't get "better" until around 12 weeks. But I haven't had any spotting at all, and no cramping at all, so I'm assuming the baby is giving me a rest today.

Joy
#110 of 166 Old 07-02-2004, 11:09 AM
tug

yeah for elkblad and, seren, i hope everything is fine and that you are feeling better today? stop pushing cars!

i had an u/s yesterday and the little one is looking good at 1.16 cms and has a strong heartbeat! Yeah! Picture here:
http://www.loyno.edu/~jmguill/Journal/index.php

Horrible m/s this morning, but had a prego pop and that really helped. wow! i actually got the pop with my bag o' goodies for preggy women from the doctor. i was really impressed. a local merchant is giving them for those bags. much more useful than the stupid paper dipes and formula coupons!!!

woohoo!!
#111 of 166 Old 07-02-2004, 12:42 PM

Hi all. Wish I had good news. There was no heartbeat. Looks like everything stopped sometime last week.

I am numb, angry and sad. I think I will be taking a little time away from MDC. Need to get my head together.

Thanks for all the support.

#112 of 166 Old 07-02-2004, 01:01 PM

oh jenny, i'm so sorry. I don't know what to say except my thoughts and prayers are with you. Take all the time you need. You always have a shoulder here. :
#113 of 166 Old 07-02-2004, 01:33 PM

Jenny i'm so sorry.So,so sorry.There are some great women in the pregnancy loss forum if you feel like you need some additional love and support.

Hydespark i hope you are feeling better

Seren i am sure you pulled some muscles in that area and no pushing cars

Hello to everyone,Ekblad keep taking it easy.That is why i am taking Wild Yam.It helps with queasiness and cramping!
#114 of 166 Old 07-02-2004, 01:34 PM

Tug~ yay on that heartbeat!
#115 of 166 Old 07-02-2004, 01:40 PM

Jenny, I'm so sorry.
#116 of 166 Old 07-02-2004, 01:58 PM

Jenny! I'm so sorry! My thoughts are with you!

My stomach doesn't hurt anymore today. Next time I think I'll just sit in the middle of the road until someone stops to help.

Serenity LDS mommy to 4 rambunctious kidlets
#117 of 166 Old 07-02-2004, 02:18 PM

Jenny. I'm so sorry. I wish words could make it better.

I don't have much to throw in here. Everything is going pretty normally from what I can tell. M/S does seem to be getting a little better. Hopefully it has peaked and I'm almost over it.
I'll have an ultrasound on Tuesday and meet with the ob on Wednesday. I'm only going to an ob to get my cervix checked out. I have HPV I haven't tended to in over two years. I can't wait to only need my midwife. Just being around an ob makes me nervous.

Anyway, I got my preggie pops and I can't eat them. : They taste like scented candles to me. Anybody want them?? PM me and I'll send them to you. No charge. I'd hate for them to go to waste.
#118 of 166 Old 07-02-2004, 03:10 PM

Jenny, so sorry to hear about your loss. I'm sending you healing thoughts.

Everyone else, thanks for the concern and good wishes. My ultrasound went well. Everything seems normal, plus no spotting today. The OB's office redrew my blood (1st batch got messed up somehow), and they are check for RH factor.

I'm glad I don't have to spend my weekend worrying.

Bridget. Momma to DD (4), expecting DS - 9/09, wife to SAHD. Gardener, coffee addict, urban dweller.
#119 of 166 Old 07-02-2004, 04:31 PM

Ah Jenny, I'm so sorry. Please yell if you need anything.
Congrats to Ekblad.
I however am in the hospital, they admitted me yesterday afternoon. My electrolytes are completely out of wack and even today after constant fluids, I still am dehydrated. I was obviously worse than I realized. It took them forever to get an IV started as all my veins were collapsed. They will be keeping me until at least tomorrrow afternoon. I'm bored and tired, but at least they can give me IV demoral for the pain in my stupid hip.
I just keep telling myself--I've never been this sick before--I've never been this sick before.
to everyone
#120 of 166 Old 07-02-2004, 08:40 PM

Oh no.

to Jenny. I am so very sorry

too to Shannon - that sounds awful; I hope everything is OK with you and the babe.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page