February Mamas: Week of July 5 - 11 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 122 Old 07-05-2004, 11:13 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hope everyone in Canada and the USA enjoyed your recent holidays! Please PM me with any additions, changes or updates! Belly rubs to all

Kater07 February
Chiku due Feb 1 birthing center
Parker'smommy (Heather) due Feb 1
Lisashepp (Lisa) due Feb 1
Sadkitty. Due Feb 1st
Dandylion (Stephanie) due Feb 2
Truvie due Feb 2
PeacefulVegan (who also answers to Tracie) due Feb 3
Lou due Feb 3
Twin Mom (Deb) Due Feb 4, VBA2C homebirth
Free Thinker (Mandy) due Feb 5
HelloKitty (Kitty) due Feb 6
Letabug (Arleta) due Feb 6
LianneM due Feb 7 homebirth
TexasSuz (Susan) due Feb 7
Happymamajenni (Jenni) due Feb 7 hospital/OBGYN
LesleyLuu (Lesley) due Feb 7
DeirdreAlison (Deirdre) due 1st week Feb homebirth, maybe waterbirth
New Life Due Feb 8
Shannon 0218- due Feb 11 hospital birth with great OB
ella-makes-3 (Jasmine) - due ~ Feb. 11 midwife/natural birth at birth center
Tug due Feb 12
Firefly due Feb 13
Christi due Feb 14 hospital birth with fab OB
Periwinkle (Karen) due Feb 14
Fairymomma (Pamela) due Feb 14
Jorie (Margorie) due Feb 14
AmBam (Amber) due Feb 14 homebirth
Wtchyhlr (Joy) due Feb 14
Seren (Serenity) due Feb 16 birthing center/waterbirth
rose angel (Karen) due Feb 16
mama2m&m (Denise) due Feb 16
HydeParkB due Feb 17
Karennnnn (Karen) due Feb 17
Coopsmama (Kristen) Due Feb 17
Shyly (Monica) Due Feb 17
weesej (Jen) Due Feb 19 homebirth
mehndimama (Stell) due Feb 22 unassisted homebirth
*Amy* (Amy) due Feb 20 birthing center/possible water birth...?
heveasoul due Feb 24
Ekblad7 due Feb 28

thinking of you Jenny.
#2 of 122 Old 07-05-2004, 11:15 AM

Just subscribing!

Amy - Blessed wife to Jesse (the best dad in the world), mother of 10 on earth plus 8 in heaven.   PROUD to be a Catholic! : winner.jpg familybed2.gifhomeschool.gif

#3 of 122 Old 07-05-2004, 11:25 AM

Subscribing. Still feeling like hell. Entirely too depressed to be happy about being pregnant but not sure what to do about it. Have thrown up twice this morning after making it all the way through yesterday only throwing up just before bed. Who knows.
#4 of 122 Old 07-05-2004, 11:30 AM

Shannon. Don't beat yourself up about not rejoicing right now. It's ok to complain here. You will feel better, and soon this will all be just a memory, then the fun can begin, k?!

Thanks for looking after the thread, Denise!

Threw up for the first time this am - it was the smell of dh's coffee that set me off...

Today I go for the beta I was meant to have done last week, and I guess my OB should be calling about last Wed's u/s.
#5 of 122 Old 07-05-2004, 12:18 PM

Just subscribing also. Hope everyone is doing good.

Shannon, hang in there. It is ok and normal to have doubts and reservations when you are so so sick. You know how much you love this baby---being this ill is awful and the lowest point for even the best of us. You will survive it!! Try to keep a positive attitude. When you begin to get nauseated think--"I just feel bad it will stay put"....don't think "I'm gonna get sick" Eat again after you get sick. Never go more than 2 hours without eating protien..Protein-carb combos are best. Apples and cheese, carrots and peanut butter, beans and rice, etc Ice cream with granola Ice cream is a good thing with HG---if it comes back up it is nearly as good as on the way down (Awful I know, but some things are terrible when they come back up and with HG you don't take a bite without considering how it will feel) Set your alarm at night and eat, keep a protien bar next to the bed or have DH get up and make whatever sound ok at the moment, Lucky Charms always helpded me for whatever reason.

You have so much stress during this pregnancy after 3 losses and then family pressure and getting married don't discount the way stress can effect our body. My first HG was an unplanned pregnancy and I got married I was young and scared, didn't want to be pregnant or sick and HG was how my body expressed it. I miscarried that baby and then had HG for #2, I was due on the same day exactly 1 year later and had a huge amount of stress associated with it. #3 I had a 5 month old and had just moved 8 hours away from all my family support--lots of stress again. I know this is a very wanted baby for you Shannon, but there is also alot of fear after the losses, let it all out express it to anyone who will listen, cry, scream, etc, write thier stories if you haven't, allow yourself time and space to have this fear. My prayers are with you. s
#6 of 122 Old 07-05-2004, 12:28 PM

Morning!

I'm sorry, but what is HG?? I know I should know by now.
Oh, and while I'm wondering about abbreviations, what is nak???

Hang in there, Shannon! It's gotta get easier.

I'm getting really excited about tomorrow. I'm having my ultrasound and if I have counted correctly, I will be at 10 weeks. I just can't wait to see that little heartbeat! DH and dd are going with me. I think that'll help reality sink in for all of us.
#7 of 122 Old 07-05-2004, 12:35 PM

Oh Shannon, don't worry about complaining. You sound so sick, I'm sure I would be bitching up a storm!

I have a question for you folks. I'll be 9 weeks tomorrow, and this is my second. I've heard you "show" earlier with #2. I have a little belly when I wake up in the morning, hardly noticeable to be honest, unless you know me. But as the day progresses, it is like every meal I eat has nowhere to go, and by 8 PM I look like I'm 5 months pregnant! Is this happening to anyone else? I feel like in the morning I can still wear my normal clothes, but by night time I need maternity.

Speaking of which, I'm trying to decide what to do about the upcoming weeks. My dh and I are pretty broke right now, and I'm on break from work, so it doesn't matter what I wear. However, I go back to work July 21st, and I have to dress fairly nicely. Some people say "buy bigger sizes of normal clothes, and you can wear them after" but really I can't because after I won't be working for a couple of months, so I will dress in comfy clothes, not work clothes, and then when I go back to work again, it won't be the dead of summer, so I probably won't be wearing the same clothes. I also am super short, so a size 6 or 8 will be a mile too long, even if it fits in the belly.

I'm frustrated, because I'm going to need 2 seasons of maternity clothes ($$!!!), summer and early fall, and then late fall and winter. There is no way I can make it through summer (I think) with what is in my closet now. Fortunately i have a friend who will lend me some of her winter clothes.

Sorry to complain, but I'm just in that in-between part where I look pudgy, not pregnant. I'll be glad to look pregnant when it comes.

What do you all think of dopplers for home use? I know many people are worried about the possible risks of ultrasound technology. Do you think the reassurance outweighs that? I'm kind of thinking about renting one...but then I waver on it.
#8 of 122 Old 07-05-2004, 12:52 PM

Lesley, if I were you, I would try to borrow from friends or family as much as you can. If that's not an option, check out some secondhand stores.
I'm in the same boat, kinda. I'm totally showing and my clothes aren't fitting, but I have two trips coming up that I need to look nice for. Not quite ready for maternity clothes though.
I also have to go to court for a custody thing and I don't want to buy something to wear once.
Wanna hear something really scary??? I have to fit into a bridesmaid dress in August!!! :trollicon It's still at the alterers. I'm pretty sure it's going to have to have some emergency alterations at the wedding site. Nice. I didn't think I would be showing this early.
#9 of 122 Old 07-05-2004, 01:12 PM

Personally with my second kid i didn't show until i was like 6 months.This time i gained weight during my two miscarriages(depressed and horomones)and now that i am pregnant i easily pass for 5 months,even in the morning.I don't mind but i just hope people think i'm pregnant and haven't just gained a bunch of weight

Oh a bridesmaid,i feel for you!

Shannon i hope you feel better soon,that must be so hard.At least you know that is one healthy baby!
#10 of 122 Old 07-05-2004, 03:40 PM

subscribing.

You can get maternity clothes on ebay fairly cheap.

Serenity LDS mommy to 4 rambunctious kidlets
#11 of 122 Old 07-05-2004, 08:44 PM

Maternity clothes! I totally relate. I actually haven't gained any weight (lost 2 lbs in fact, due to queasies/food aversions) but I have a little potbelly below my navel that's solid as a rock! (and it's not abs of steel either! LOL) I know my twin pregnancy stretched out my stomach muscles but this is silly... I'm starting my 9th week tomorrow and I KNOW I'll need maternity clothes by the end of my 1st trimester. My pants are still buttoning, it's not that -- it's just soooo uncomfortable to have that pressure on my belly. As much as I hated those giant panel maternity pants, I'm positively craving the relief they bring.

OK, let's talk hunger. Starvation is more like it. I've been trying really hard to eat very healthy foods (lots of fruits, veggies, healthy protein..) but no matter how much I eat or what I eat, 2-3 hours later (at MOST) I'm starving like I just ran the Boston marathon. I've been pretty good about toting snacks around with me (I have a bag of roasted sunflower seeds I bring with me wherever I go, and WF has organic apricots in now, and they're so snackable and portable too). Last night at the beach, we ate a big seafood dinner around 6:00 -- a giant but tender filet of grilled rockfish (striped bass), a corn on the cob with butter, local tomatoes with fresh mozzarella... HUGE family dinner - we were all stuffed. Then there I was at 9:30 like I'd never eaten, stark raving mad with hunger. So I indulged my ice cream craving and had a cup of Cherry Garcia (my favorite) while we watched fireworks. (I could have had another.)

Off to eat supper (dh is cooking steaks on the grill!! YES!)
#12 of 122 Old 07-05-2004, 08:55 PM

I'm so jealous, periwinkle! I can't wait to be able to eat real food again. I have no appetite. Everything grosses me out.

T I just ventured out to the other side. A mainstream board. It was really really really really scary. I think I'll stay here where it's safe! :
#13 of 122 Old 07-05-2004, 11:06 PM

MMMM Food. I'm mostly past the queasies, I think, tho its a bit disconcerting to think that. I'm 8 1/2 weeks right now. I have actually felt like cooking the last couple of days, for the first time all month. I made us steak pinwheels (with spinach/arugula pesto and roasted red bel peppers) for dinner, and they were heavenly.

Went to my energy work appointment this morning. My Shaman says this baby is very happy and i'm going to be a glow-er in a few weeks. (now thats something I couldn't/wouldn't put on a mainstream board).

thinking of you ladies who are still really sick, especially you Shannon....

Joy
#14 of 122 Old 07-05-2004, 11:13 PM

Yes i am starving also.All the time.But lots of things make me sick but i still eat anyhow.

Ok,i'm off to Big Sur to go camping.I'll be back next week!
#15 of 122 Old 07-05-2004, 11:23 PM

Hi all. I just wanted to check in and let you know that I am doing ok. After a failed attempt to induce the m/c with cytotec, I had a d&c this afternoon. The ob was great. It was over in literally 2 minutes.

I am feeling surprisingly ok. I think there is a strong dose of denial, but it's serving me well right now.

Thanks again for all the support. I am feeling hopeful about the future.

to you all and some extra ones for Shannon. I hope you feel better soon!

For those of you who still hang out in TTC, I'll probably make my way over there soon. Will be waiting to be ready for a bit, but I'll start charting as soon as AF shows up. The ob today also thought it was a great idea for me to at least talk to the RE there who specializes in recurrent pg loss. It will take a month or 2 to get in, but I'd love to have some charts for her.

Denise, can you take me off the list?

OK. I am sure I will lurk occasionally to see how you all are doing. I know in my heart that we will all be holding our babies soon. I'll just be a couple of months behind you guys

Trying to get my bearings...
#16 of 122 Old 07-05-2004, 11:27 PM

(((Jenny))) You have so much strength in your words.I really admire how well you seem to be handling this.I know how hard it is.Take care of yourself and allow some healing time.(although i know right after a miscarriage is your most fertile,hence my pregnancy)
#17 of 122 Old 07-06-2004, 10:40 AM - Thread Starter

jenny, i've been thinking of you. take good care of yourself and heal while you await the return of af. i hope to see you on the pg boards again soon. sweetie!
#18 of 122 Old 07-06-2004, 11:34 AM

Jenny, your message gave me goosebumps and tears in my eyes. I am so sorry about your loss, and I will miss seeing you on the forum. Shannon, I'm glad you are still hanging in there. My thoughts are with both of you.

I'm still doing strangely fine. No throwing up at all, but yesterday my nausea was at its worst. I feel sluggish and unmotivated all the time. I will not complain, however; I know I have it easy compared to most of y'all. I can still eat just about everything, though my appetite is much less than usual. I'm the opposite of you, Periwinkle: I eat and feel full (almost uncomfortably full) for hours. It's very unlike me.

I too have a little pooch in the evening and my clothes are feeling a little snug in the tummy. No one other than myself and my husband would be able to see the difference, though. I think it's going to be a couple of months until I need maternity clothes, but I might buy some shorts in the next size up to get through until I start teaching in September.

OK, this is a random question, but is anyone else losing hair? It seems like when I wash my hair, much more is coming out than I remember before pregnancy. It's kind of freaky.

God, I am SO jealous of those of you who have had u/s and have heard your babies' heartbeats!!! Last week I changed from OB to midwife, so I had to reschedule for July 27. I don't want to wait 3 more weeks!

Ever-evolving mama to my beautiful Brynn, and my little dimple-face Noah .
#19 of 122 Old 07-06-2004, 11:42 AM
tug

subscribing.

i'm with all of you who are queasy all the time but starving too. It's like when i was teaching and a five year old came up to me while he was drinking and said, "Ms. Urban, this stuff is YUCKY but it's kind of good too!"

Jenny, thanks for coming back and sending wishes, i've been thinking of you and sending you lots of wishes and strength.

my back is killing me today. what's with that? the pooch isn't that big yet...

thing about the ultrasound is that it is great to see it and then you move on to the next worry. it's kind of like elkblad said, there's always something you can worry about so in a way, you just can't worry.

hoping for the best...
#20 of 122 Old 07-06-2004, 01:14 PM

Hi all
First I would like to thank everyone for your support during my negative thoughts. My preg symptoms came back in full force a couple of days later.

Jenny I'm glad you checked in with us. I'm so sorry you are going through this I hope you can take it easy and heal your heart. I'm thinking about you.

I too am starving yet queasy all of the time. After I eat I feel sick and full for a long time. Then as soon as its gone I'm starving. I don't get it! I also feel sluggish all day long. I feel like such a bad mommy! My ds has watched more tv this last 5 weeks then in his entire life. Oh well Hopefully I will get my energy back in 4 weeks. I'm 8 weeks today.

My hair is falling out too. When I washed it this morning I noticed it all over my hands. I don't remember this with Gareth. Though I remember losing it after he was born.

My pants are starting to fit snugg. I wear control underware because I have a belly anyway adn they are too tight. I agree that the pressure on my tummy is so uncomfortable. I have been living in sweats. They are so becoming on me too!
#21 of 122 Old 07-06-2004, 03:25 PM

Well everyone, my doctor is trying to get things set up to put a central line in me. It has been admitted that this isn't going to get any better until at least 12 weeks and I am completely out of veins. They tried for over an hour and can't even feel any--so I have no idea where the hell they are going to site a central, but I suppose I'll let them worry about that. So by the sounds of things I will spend the next 4 weeks of my life on IV meds and fluids. Oh the wonderous joys of pregnancy.
#22 of 122 Old 07-06-2004, 03:26 PM

Ellie'smom, I am so sad for you! I am still a little bit scared myself as I miscarried in Jan. Good luck to you!

I had my first appt. almost two weeks ago now. I decided to go ahead and see my NP before I moved. She pulled in the portable ultrasound and I got to see the baby and heart beat!!!!: Feeling much more reassured but, see above. I am now in a quantry(sp) over finding a ob or family dr. My NP said I should see an ob since I had gd and went early. Ugh. I just don't want this preg turned into a "thing"--I fear the intervention that might come from being classified "high risk". Oh, and I have epilepsy which just makes everything more fun! Sigh. I so wanted a midwife this time--not in the cards though. The ones in my area either only do homebirth or are not covered by my insurance.

The wedding was fine except for ms kicked in on the plane to PA and I came down with pnuemonia! I thought I wasn't going to make it through the wedding actually. Esp, as I had to carry ds down the aisle since he refused to walk or be carried by dh (ds was the ring bearer and dh and I both stood up in wedding) I'm pretty well now, but still coughing a bit. I thought the ms would get better when I got well, but apparently, I'm just having a girl! My explanation for why I'm having ms, as didn't have any with ds. I haven't actually thrown up more than a couple times, but I have this almost constant low-grade nausea--partly blood sugar related, but as nothing tastes good, it has been difficult to overcome. Anyway, I've written a book. So glad to be back on the board! I tried to back read the stuff I missed and finally gave up--two weeks gone it just too much!

Marjorie
wife to my best friend, Stephen, mother to Alec 5/02, Ian 2/05 and Kathryn 9/09
#23 of 122 Old 07-06-2004, 04:39 PM

Shannon - i'm glad they're going to put a permanent IV in so that you don't have to remain a pincushion with collapsed veins. It, however, Sucks. I hope that the IV fluids, etc, make you feel tolerable

Jorie - Welcome back

My hair is falling out, too. Whats up with that. I noticed it this morning. Normally this only happens when my thyroid is acting up, but we're monitering that pretty closely.

and i'm exceptionally sleepy. the last couple of days off work, i've napped from 12:30 - 2:30, and man can i feel it today that i'm not napping.
i'll be sleeping when i get home from work in a couple of hours.

my queasiness is mostly gone. I am also very jealous of all ya'll that have seen the heartbeat... My midwife appt is July 20 - so only 2 more weeks til I get to hear my baby... or see, haven't decided yet on an ultrasound. Anyone NOT doing ultrasounds?
#24 of 122 Old 07-06-2004, 06:06 PM

Well, the bullshit continues....
The pic line can't be put in at my hospital adn the hospital who does them can't see me until Thursday morning--course they didn't feel the need to call with that until 3:30 adn actually we called them. My doc is very mad and will try and get me in somewhere else tomorrow morning. The anesthesioligist tried three times to get a line in to tide me over with no luck, there are NO veins left he said, unless he does the bottom of my foot, which would place me on bed rest, which I'd really like to avoid obviously. So for now I will go in three times a day for IM injections of gravol and see if that holds me until thursday--this of course screws up my U/S that is booked for Thursday morning at 9:30--since I'm supposed to be at a different hospital by 10:10. Yeah, Right....
#25 of 122 Old 07-06-2004, 08:45 PM

Shannon! I'm so sorry you're dealing with all of this. I know you must be miserable. Hang in there.

I shouldn't complain at all b/c compared to Shannon I have no problems but I'm so overwhelmed. I feel so guilty b/c I just lay around all day long. I feel crappy, I don't cook, we need groceries, I just sleep on and off until it's finally time to put the kids to bed. I'm wasting their whole summer. I feel really bad about it. I just don't have the energy to do anything else.

Amy - Blessed wife to Jesse (the best dad in the world), mother of 10 on earth plus 8 in heaven.   PROUD to be a Catholic! : winner.jpg familybed2.gifhomeschool.gif

#26 of 122 Old 07-06-2004, 09:56 PM

I feel so bad for all of you with such horrible symptoms! I hope you feel better very soon.

I've been worrying because I barely have symptoms. I'm definitely more tired than usual, but that's about it. I had an ultrasound at 8 weeks, saw the baby and heartbeat, and felt better for about a week. Then I started worrying again. Today I had an appointment with a midwife in a different practice (I'm trying to find someone I like), and I had her give me another quick ultrasound! I feel so guilty! But it was so wonderful and reassuring to see the baby kicking and jumping around! After my miscarriage and all the complications with my son, it's hard for me to believe that things can go normally with this one.

Truvie
#27 of 122 Old 07-07-2004, 08:25 AM

Hi all, well great to see you all and catch up on what has been happening around here.
Elliesmom - sending you big hugs and even bigger baby making vibes too xx
Shannon - you are my due date buddy! Just hang in there, it must be so difficult to be patient, but just think of it as good practice for the next couple of years! I can't imagine how you are feeling, and how your life must already be completely different, but I think of you every morning when I wake up and hope that today will be better for you

At the moment I am really tired all the time. My dd has been sick all weekend with a double ear infection, very sore throat and and terrible cold, so no sleep for me!!
Those are about the only symptoms that I am having, other than the feeling of breathlessness and my heart feeling fluttery. Oh yes and the dreaded heartburn has reared its ugly head yet again, but much earlier, so I am off to get some papaya tablets. They are supposed to work really well.

I am glad to see that some of you other ladies are kind of feeling very unmotivated like me. It just seems so hard to get goingI just feel so lazy and slug like YUck!! But better than feeling pukey.
Have a great day xx

Me and Dh partners.gif, Dd1bouncy.gif  Dd2dust.gif,Ds1joy.gif, 2flowerkitty.gif, 2hamster.jpgand lots of goldfish.gif

#28 of 122 Old 07-07-2004, 09:53 AM
tug

morning everybody -

i don't remember being this tired for my first...i guess it was because i could go home and nap (i am sooo jealous, witchyhlr! ) now i go home and chase the little one around 'til bed time. and, like you ella-makes-3, my ds has been sick and up all night for three nights in a row. last night, he was really restless and would wake up and shout and then go back to sleep -- very odd.

anyway, hope everybody has an ok day and not too much pukiness and sleepiness. get lots of rest and take care of yourselves!
#29 of 122 Old 07-07-2004, 10:00 AM

Hey everyone. After a couple of weeks of this I feel like everything is unraveling. We're out of all food, don't even have milk for cereal. The house is out of control and my mom just lectured me about how ungrateful I am. Apparently I should be jumping for joy that I feel like garbage and my household has fallen apart. Of course I'm happy to be pregnant. Of course I'm happy to have five healthy children. Does that mean I can't be overwhelmed? Argh : Sorry, just had to get that off my chest.

#30 of 122 Old 07-07-2004, 10:09 AM

ok, so now I have a horrible cold or some sinus thing on top of all else. So my evening goes, cough...puke....puking makes my nose stuffed, blow my nose...puke, etc, etc, etc.
I tell dh to get me sudefed as apparently you can take that without concern, he decides high power is best and brings me one with ibuprofen--which of course I can't take.
So tell me about these neti pots, and Heve, where can I get one around here???
I can't take much more of this, I haven't kept anything down since loosing my IV, I'm not coping in any way any more and if things don't get better I think I'm going to have to think about terminating this pregnancy. Sorry if that upsets anyone, I just can't cope anymore, I looked in the mirror this morning and my skin is literally grey--add that to the hair I can't colour and I look like shit.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page