February Mamas - Week of July 11-16 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 136 Old 07-13-2004, 03:44 PM
tug

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ravenmoon - I'm sorry about the seizure. I hope it's just an isolated thing. I imagine you do have your hands full with three other kids. I only have one and I'm exhausted and wondering how I'll manage two!

Still exhausted, still nauseous---i'm hanging on for week 12 when it should lessen a bit. i hope. :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 136 Old 07-13-2004, 03:55 PM

Lisashepp - I know my midwives give discounts and work on a sliding scale. You may just have to ask a midwife flat out if she could help you out in that way.

Amy - Blessed wife to Jesse (the best dad in the world), mother of 10 on earth plus 8 in heaven.   PROUD to be a Catholic! : winner.jpg familybed2.gifhomeschool.gif

#63 of 136 Old 07-13-2004, 04:05 PM

Hi everyone, I'm back.
I have a small tear/separation between the amnion and chorion. They are going to watch it and do another U/S on Friday, if it's the same size or smaller, they'll say it's nothing to worry to about. In the meantime, any more bleeding will put me on strict bedrest. Now I'm on semi-bedrest. I can be up for 30 min at a time and sitting is fine.

Ravonmoon, so sorry to hear about your daughter.

Heve, I'm glad it's nothing to worry about.
#64 of 136 Old 07-13-2004, 04:37 PM - Thread Starter

Shannon - SO glad to hear everything is ok. Is there any way of knowing how that happened? Make sure you are resting!!!

Ravenmoon - so sorry to hear about your daughter's tough time...

Lisa - good luck working out a solution. I hope you can find a mw who operates on a sliding scale rate fee...

I'm coming down a bit...a bit more brown-tinged TP this afternoon, but no bright red anything, so I will try to accept that it's nothing to worry about...
#65 of 136 Old 07-13-2004, 04:37 PM

Showing my ignorance here. What exactly are the amnion and chorion and how/why would there be a tear between them?
#66 of 136 Old 07-13-2004, 04:53 PM

The layers are amnion, chorion and placenta, they all should be fused, but I have a separation and small bleed between the amnion and chorion. To be honest, neither radioligist or my OB really knows what it means, it doesn't usually happen in the first trimester.
Heve, go home and rest, put up your feet and let Andrew cater to your every whim.
Oh, and eat ice cream, that always helps everything!
#67 of 136 Old 07-13-2004, 05:55 PM - Thread Starter

Boy, we're bossy, telling each other what to do - Rest! Put your feet up! You rest and put your feet up!! :LOL

Yes ma'am. I did have a workout scheduled, but I will leave it till Thursday, unless this continues...which it won't!
#68 of 136 Old 07-13-2004, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heveasoul
Boy, we're bossy, telling each other what to do - Rest! Put your feet up! You rest and put your feet up!! :LOL

Yes ma'am. I did have a workout scheduled, but I will leave it till Thursday, unless this continues...which it won't!
Ok, I make a living telling people and animals what to do--and most of the people and animals I work with are just as bossy as me--therefore, yes, bossy is a special forte of mine!
No do not work out!!!! To be honest, I can't even imagine having the energy or strength right now to work out, so the fact that you even scheduled it amazes me. It's all I can do to get the energy to make Steve's lunch (Yes, I make the boys lunch, if I didn't he'd take a 4 pack of chocolate pudding and call it balanced--I married a 10 yr old
Ok, I'm going back to my couch, we're gonna need a new one shortly if I can't get my but off this one.
#69 of 136 Old 07-13-2004, 06:18 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon0218
--therefore, yes, bossy is a special forte of mine!
Yeah, um, I've noticed... :
#70 of 136 Old 07-13-2004, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heveasoul
Yeah, um, I've noticed... :
my my, aren't we catty today.......

Wanna know something pathetic? I wrote about Steve eating pudding, and had to go get myself a chocolate pudding.
#71 of 136 Old 07-13-2004, 06:24 PM - Thread Starter

mmmm... pudding....
#72 of 136 Old 07-13-2004, 06:45 PM

Lol!

Ever-evolving mama to my beautiful Brynn, and my little dimple-face Noah .
#73 of 136 Old 07-13-2004, 07:15 PM

pudding. thats an inspired idea.
#74 of 136 Old 07-13-2004, 08:38 PM

I am ALL about pudding right now! And strawberry yogurt with the fruit on the bottom. These are things I haven't eaten in almost a year!
Speaking of which, I need to change my username. I hate to though cause nobody will know it's me.

Two questions.
#1~ Is this nasty taste in my mouth that won't go away unless I brush my teeth pregnancy related, or do I have some kinda funk goin on?

#2~ How do you know what you're feeling is your uterus?? Is it hard?
#75 of 136 Old 07-13-2004, 09:13 PM

Tracie:

#1 Are you sleeping enough? When I don't get enough sleep, my mouth tastes metallic. The regular nasty taste is new since pgcy. Gotta brush the teeth to get it to go away.

#2 Press higher than you know your uterus is, and move down. You should be able to tell it's a lot firmer. I just did it last night and I can totally feel it - it feels huge!

WAHMama to Allen (2-10-05) and Alexa (6-27-08)
#76 of 136 Old 07-13-2004, 09:34 PM

I have the pregnancy taste throughout my pregnancies. It's nasty. I have to brush my teeth a million times/day.

I dry heaved through the grocery store tonight. I even got a frozen Coke hoping it would help. It didn't. I feel awful. I keep repeating "it's not cancer" over and over again.

Amy - Blessed wife to Jesse (the best dad in the world), mother of 10 on earth plus 8 in heaven.   PROUD to be a Catholic! : winner.jpg familybed2.gifhomeschool.gif

#77 of 136 Old 07-13-2004, 09:39 PM

Amy, I hurled in the deli department at my grocery store during my last pregnancy, walked past the bulk olives and lost it all over the floor
#78 of 136 Old 07-13-2004, 09:48 PM

pudding actaully make that dairy products. actually make that food and drinks in general.

shannon, get some rest now and hope your tear heals up quickly.

heve, you rest too! hope the spotting goes away soon.

my m/s is getting worse. i think i'mup there with ekblad. there is not one food or drink that doesn't make me hurl. i'll talk to the doc about it tomorrow. i'm so depessed. i'm so sick. ugh!

i told my boss today. i have a plan to tell this one person in my office after my scan tomorrow. she erupted like a volcano last time i said i was pg so i'm worried. then i'll telle veryone else. my boss thought she might feel better if she's the "first" to know. who knows. i just hope it isn't as ugly as last time. it's not as muchfun as telling when you're worried about m/c.

okay the computer makes me sick too. just checking in. gotta run
#79 of 136 Old 07-14-2004, 01:36 AM

Yeah i am super sick these past few days.And it is a hundred degrees here so that does not help.I can eat at least three bites of something before getting ill.

My cravings are anything mexican.I went to Pokez last night and ate a few bites of a tofu chimichanga before getting sick.It was so worth it.

I'm taking my B vites but it isn't helping.

My dd's ped appt was today and she gave me referrals for a geneticist and a neurologist.We shall see what happens.
#80 of 136 Old 07-14-2004, 11:23 AM

Heve, how are things this morning???
#81 of 136 Old 07-14-2004, 11:45 AM

Good to know the bad taste isn't just me. It's not metallic, though, I've had that before. This is like morning mouth. It's gross.

We're going to Texas on Sunday for a 10 day visit. I'm so excited to see my sil so she can tell me I'm supposed to be this big! She's my AP-homebirthing role model. I'm a little freaked out about my belly. The upper part is much harder and sticks out further than my lower abdomen. I don't really have a low pooch like I would think I should. I have a pooch above my belly button. Is that strange? It looks strange!

Okay, I'm off to go shopping in Huntington for transition clothes for all these events coming up.
I need to buy an outfit for a rehearsal dinner and I have no idea how fancy or casual or anything.

I hope you all have a good day and get over all this pukin' quickly. I'm feeling good, just HOT!
#82 of 136 Old 07-14-2004, 12:02 PM - Thread Starter

Good Morning All!

No more spotting since yesterday afternoon...hung out on the couch yesterday evening .

Hugs to everyone feeling nasty.
#83 of 136 Old 07-14-2004, 12:11 PM

My tummy is HUGE! I look like I'm five months pregnant at least! It's high, too, not in the lower belly. I feel ridiculous telling people I'm 8 wks pregnant, LOL.

#84 of 136 Old 07-14-2004, 03:33 PM

Hey Mamas, hope you are all feeling better. My heart is going out to you all feeling so bad. Hope all the spotting and tears have mended themselves. Wow, you seem to be handling it very well. I would be a basket case.
I am still pretty tired, even after a great night sleep, and still have nausea, especially when I go for too long without eating.
I am having a lot of food aversions. I used to eat lots of eggs, meat and chicken, but now I can't even look at the stuff. It makes me feel so sick. I had that with my last pregnancy, but not as early on as this. I am trying to eat pulses and whole grain carbs, so my diet has completely changed around.
My jeans and clothes are still fitting normally, but I am just waiting to wake up one morning and have to go maternity shopping in my pj's!
Have a great day

Me and Dh partners.gif, Dd1bouncy.gif  Dd2dust.gif,Ds1joy.gif, 2flowerkitty.gif, 2hamster.jpgand lots of goldfish.gif

#85 of 136 Old 07-14-2004, 06:33 PM

wow, quiet board today. hope everyone is doing okay....
#86 of 136 Old 07-14-2004, 06:44 PM

I actually took the kids on two outings today and am making dinner as we speak! Yahoo, a record for me. Still had to nap and am feeling pretty sluggish but I think it's improving. I'm wondering if I'm a wee bit ahead of schedule. I don't usually have to start cathaterizing myself until 10 - 14 wks and I'm only in my ninth week right now and am doing it. Oh the joys.

#87 of 136 Old 07-14-2004, 07:40 PM

ekblad, That sounds decidely unpleasant.

Heve and Shannon, hope both of you are doing okay today.

I won't describe the cooking craze I've been on because of everyone's m/s, but I'm having a lot of fun in the kitchen lately.

And, I made the biggest score of maternity clothes EVER! My friend that had a baby in March just lent me all of her stuff. And when I say all, we're talking about maybe 12 pairs of pants, one nice dress, two sweaters, and 20 shirts. I have a new wardrobe! So excited. Oh yeah, and a birth ball!! And she is so sweet, she gave me a baby gift, my first one.

That's all, off to rest.
#88 of 136 Old 07-14-2004, 09:39 PM

Hope my post about food aversions didn't scare everyone off? I did think about it after I had posted, but me and my big mouth. Sorry if I made anyone feel bad

Me and Dh partners.gif, Dd1bouncy.gif  Dd2dust.gif,Ds1joy.gif, 2flowerkitty.gif, 2hamster.jpgand lots of goldfish.gif

#89 of 136 Old 07-14-2004, 09:51 PM

ekblad you have to what!!! catheterize yourself???? OOOOOOOOOWWWWWW how long does this go on??
#90 of 136 Old 07-14-2004, 11:57 PM

Evening all,
Lousy day today, big fight with DH (that D does not stand for darling) Apparently he has somehow blown $2500, $1500 of which was owed to me, our benefit plan somehow lost our receipts, thus meaning that $680 worth of progesterone that I assumed had been placed in his account was of course not there--apparently he didn't want to "burden" me with any extra stuff--it took me a 10 min phone call to straighten everything out but of course it will now be another 2 weeks before I can get re-embursed for that money which has of course already been spent. Communication is not the boy's strong point and I have no idea how to improve on it, he keeps telling me he's going to try harder, but it seems to get worse not better--and always at the wrong time.
Ok, my rant is over, had to get that out.
Doing alrgiht today, no more bleeding, go back on Friday for another U/S which will hopefully show that this tear/separation has healed. :
Ella-makes-3, no worries, we all talk about food aversions.
Speaking of which, is it just me or is EVERY damn commercial on TV about food??????

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page