Mothering Forum banner

February mamas--week of Aug 15 - 21

4K views 104 replies 23 participants last post by  Lousli 
#1 ·
It's Sunday - thought I'd start a new thread! Most of us are in our second trimester now, yahoo! Here's to a great week - out with the nausea, in with the ease into pregnancy!!

Kater07 February
Chiku due Feb 1 birthing center
Parker'smommy (Heather) due Feb 1
Lisashepp (Lisa) due Feb 1
Sadkitty. Due Feb 1st
Dandylion (Stephanie) due Feb 2
Truvie due Feb 2
PeacefulVegan (who also answers to Tracie) due Feb 3
Lou due Feb 3
Orange due Feb 3 Birth Center with OB
Twin Mom (Deb) Due Feb 4, VBA2C homebirth
Free Thinker (Mandy) due Feb 5
HelloKitty (Kitty) due Feb 6
Letabug (Arleta) due Feb 6
LianneM due Feb 7 homebirth
TexasSuz (Susan) due Feb 7
Happymamajenni (Jenni) due Feb 7 hospital/OBGYN
LesleyLuu (Lesley) due Feb 7 (or 9th?) hospital/OBGYN
DeirdreAlison (Deirdre) due 1st week Feb homebirth, maybe waterbirth
New Life Due Feb 8
Shannon 0218- due Feb 11 hospital birth with great OB
ella-makes-3 (Jasmine) - due ~ Feb. 11 midwife/natural birth at birth center
Tug due Feb 12
Firefly due Feb 13
Christi due Feb 14 hospital birth with fab OB
Periwinkle (Karen) due Feb 14
Fairymomma (Pamela) due Feb 14
Jorie (Margorie) due Feb 14
AmBam (Amber) due Feb 14 homebirth
Wtchyhlr (Joy) due Feb 14
rose angel (Karen) due Feb 16
mama2m&m (Denise) due Feb 16
HydeParkB due Feb 17
Karennnnn (Karen) due Feb 17
Coopsmama (Kristen) Due Feb 17
Shyly (Monica) Due Feb 17
Gretchen Due Feb 18
weesej (Jen) Due Feb 19 homebirth
mehndimama (Stell) due Feb 22 unassisted homebirth
heveasoul due Feb 21, h/b with m/w
woolfairy (Elle) due Feb 27, baby #2 homebirth
Ekblad7+ (Amy) due Feb 20 Homebirth
KateSt. Late Feb. Homebirth
Chloe'sMummy #2

See less See more
#2 ·
I'll be the first...hey new smiles :horse1 :horse2
hmmmm....

Anyway - hope everyone's having a good weekend. Hope this week brings happy goodbye's to the nausea some of us are still suffering! (Shannon -
)

I've been sorting out some of my cd research - it's slowly starting to make sense, and I hope to contact some local wahm companies soon. I'm reeeeally looking forward to leaving on vacation on Friday - hope I get everything wrapped up at work (yikes!)!

Out to shop for a pregancy journal, and maybe a new fleece for my trip...! (alas, no, my holiday will not be tropical, and I was warned the weather has turned fall-ish in Halifax...)

#3 ·
Nice to see that we're all moving into our second trimester! I hope that means the barf-fest is over for everyone! Shannon, how are you? Recovering from the bug? Ekblad, any m/s still? Is it getting easier? Heve, thanks for staring the new thread. After the week of hell is over, and hopefully the news is good, I will ask you about Cloth diapers, and who to buy from.

I appreciate all the kind thoughts and amazing support I've gotten from everyone lately. I honestly don't know what I would have done without you this weekend, with dh gone.

Tuesday is right around the corner, and I'm getting nervous. I'll let you all know how the procedure goes, and what they say during the level 2 u/s.

I also just discovered that my dd sleeps so soundly during her nap that I can clean her ears and wash her face without waking her up! This is so amazing, considering she screams like a banshee if water goes anywhere higher than her neck. Now if i could only figure out how to wash her hair while she sleeps....

#7 ·
Morning, mamas! I haven't been around much lately. Well, I've been lurking. I just don't have a whole lot going on as far as the pregnancy goes. I have felt some movement!
That was my favorite thing about my 1st pregnancy, so I was thrilled, still am.
I never thought about keeping a pregnancy journal. That is such a great idea! I've never been a very good journaler, but I would like to keep a record of what's happening to my body and how our lives change between now and February.

Best of luck tomorrow, Lesley!
I was so surprised to read that your insurance denied your amnio claim. I didn't realize they could do that for prenatal tests. That's messed up.

Have a great day everybody!

#8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by peacefulvegan
I never thought about keeping a pregnancy journal. That is such a great idea! I've never been a very good journaler, but I would like to keep a record of what's happening to my body and how our lives change between now and February.
I didn't have much luck - there were about 4 different ones there, but none of them suited my needs. They had something like one line in which to write things. I want the tidbits, like where things are at the various stages, but with enough room to truly journal, not just put in weight, etc...The Sears Pregnancy book has room for pasting a photo, and some info, but only once for every month, and the book is far too dense and thick to use as a journal...besides, I may use it again, or lend it to a friend some day...also, some of them were a bit too "medical" for my liking...the quest continues...I'll have to create my own!

#9 ·
Heveasoul, have you checked out Chapters yet?? I was in the one in Oakville and they had a bunch that were more like diaries, sounded like what you are looking for. They should have them at the one in Guelph.
Seem to be feeling better today. Haven't bothered with my morning gravol yet and I even had a bowl of cereal. Have to finish cleaning this house today, it has just gotten so far behind that the catch up work is very daunting. First though I have to kick this fat cat outside, he's been sitting on his table eating for over an hour, now his bowl is empty so he keeps digging his claws into my shoulder to get me to fill it again-that ain't gonna happen!

#10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by shannon0218
Heveasoul, have you checked out Chapters yet?? I was in the one in Oakville and they had a bunch that were more like diaries, sounded like what you are looking for.
That's where I was looking - but not the Guelph one. I'll check it out. good luck with the catch-up! not fun...it's a weird morning for me - not feeling very productive...

#11 ·
Hi everyone! We've been up to our eyeballs in moving. We should be finished getting everything over to the new house today, then the fun starts with cleaning the old house
Like I said before, my internet service will be out for about a week (hopefully it will be connected by Friday) so I won't be on. Hope everyone has a great one! Take care!

#12 ·
subscribing
I've been so busy lately I've hardly been able to keep up with the posts. Gareth turned three Friday. We had his party yesterday. Today we have a real estate agent coming to look at the house. So much is happening We are thinking of moving to the Northwest and Thinking it might happen soon . I'm feeling great. I don't feel preg right now. I know that I am but I have lots of energy. I've got to run and finish cleaning the house.

#13 ·
Hi all, glad to see that everyone is feeling good.
I just came back from the ultrasound appt to check the cyst on my ovary, but it's gone!!!Yay, so glad. I didn't want to have to go every 2 weeks for an ultrasound.
But saying that, myself and dd got to see the baby, who is nearly 8cm and is measuring just fine. The hb was 155, and he/she was kicking their little legs around like crazy. It just seems so bizarre that someting is moving around like that inside you, and I can't feel it yet. Hopefully soon though! Can't wait for that feeling again.
Lesley good luck for tomorrow, will be thinking of you.

#17 ·
Hi Everyone!! Congrats to Adina! I don't know her but it sounds like a wonderful event!!

I am feeling good. I am still tired but other than that I feel good. I need to schedule another appt. with my midwife this week.

I was wondering if anyone knows of any good yoga or pilates (pregnancy) videos. I am needing something. I need to be excercising more.

Anyway, gotta run. The house is a MESS! I have got to get caught up!! It is driving me crazy!!

#18 ·
Good luck with your move, Mama2Chloe! I don't envy you. I hate moving. Good thing you're feeling good, though.

Yay for Adina!

ella-makes-3~ Question. This is probably something I should know. When you say the baby measures 8cm...what does cm stand for? I think "centimeters", but our babies are much bigger than that by now. I've been going by inches. So glad your cyst is gone!

Lots of good news today! And on a Monday. Strange. Wonderful, but strange!

I just met my new midwife and I absolutely love her! The lady I planned on using will be out of the state in Feb., so she introduced me to someone she thinks highly enough to recommend. I am so so pleased with her. She is exactly what I was looking for. I'm so excited about that.

Now I'm off to start a thread in the pregnancy section. My hooha hurts.

#20 ·
Hi, guys, I'm actually getting a post in before the thread gets to be several pages long! I thought I was feeling better after prenatal yoga on Saturday, but then the nausea came back. Ugh. Poor Shannon, it's nowhere near what she's going through.

I felt the baby move for the first time on Friday! I'm 15 weeks, so it's a little early, but I know some moms who say they can feel the baby even earlier. There was one gigantic kick or something then a few smaller movements and that was it. I haven't felt anything since then, but it did reassure me a little. My midwife is coming out tomorrow; hopefully we'll be able to hear the heartbeat this time.

I hope everyone starts to feel better soon!

#21 ·
Thanks Shannon, that's totally what the ultrasonographer said at the time, but I just didn't remember it correctly! Duh! I was just trying so hard to remember 8cm!!!!But yes it was the crown to rump measurement. I am still thinking about it, it made such a huge impact on my day!

#22 ·
Hi,
Just checking in. MS is pretty much gone, but I seem to be getting more tired. I am definitely in maternity clothes now, it seems as though pregnancy #1 just stretched out everything so that my guts stick out. Lovely. It seems as though everything is stretching, rather uncomfortably. Next midwife appt next week, and I will have a lot to discuss with her.

BTW does anyone have any opinions about omega 3 fats and mercury contamination in fish? What are you doing to reconcile these things? Any insight is welcome.

Waiting for baby kicks. . . . and :yawning: :yawning: :yawning:

#23 ·
hi everybody - we're back from our "vacation" at the beach. didn't turn out quite like we expected. on friday night, i had some (it seemed like a lot at the time) bleeding and went to the er of a local hospital. they found a heartbeat and saw that the cervix was closed and so said, "well, there's nothing we can do. either the bleeding will stop or you'll go on to miscarry." don't move for the next two days.

so, for fear of moving, we stayed at the beach and i stayed in bed for the next two days. the bleeding stopped. we went back to the er on sunday and begged 'em to let us listen for the heartbeat again. they did and they found it right away.

yesterday, we drove straight from the beach to my ob's office. she did an u/s and says that i have a subchorionic hemmorhage. that caused the bleeding plus there may be some blood internally. i also have an almost placenta previa. i am going back today for a more detailed u/s. the baby is still doing fine and we are very cautiously optimistic. i am on bedrest for at least the next week and maybe the rest of the pregnancy.

so, be careful what you wish for! i kept wishing that i didn't have to work. well, now i probably can't....

we just keep telling ourselves, "she's ok for now, she's ok for now."

glad to hear most of you are doing a little better with the nausea! soon, we should all be feeling the little ones moving!

#24 ·
hi everybody - we're back from our "vacation" at the beach. didn't turn out quite like we expected. on friday night, i had some (it seemed like a lot at the time) bleeding and went to the er of a local hospital. they found a heartbeat and saw that the cervix was closed and so said, "well, there's nothing we can do. either the bleeding will stop or you'll go on to miscarry." don't move for the next two days.

so, for fear of moving, we stayed at the beach and i stayed in bed for the next two days. the bleeding stopped. we went back to the er on sunday and begged 'em to let us listen for the heartbeat again. they did and they found it right away.

yesterday, we drove straight from the beach to my ob's office. she did an u/s and says that i have a subchorionic hemmorhage. that caused the bleeding plus there may be some blood internally. i also have an almost placenta previa. i am going back today for a more detailed u/s. the baby is still doing fine and we are very cautiously optimistic (and, of course, still really scared). i am on bedrest for at least the next week and maybe the rest of the pregnancy.

so, be careful what you wish for! i kept wishing that i didn't have to work. well, now i probably can't....

we just keep telling ourselves, "she's ok for now, she's ok for now."

glad to hear most of you are doing a little better with the nausea! soon, we should all be feeling the little ones moving!

#25 ·
Kristin - haven't solidified my knowledge of which fish is fine and which is not, beyond the following (too lazy to look up an official list right now):
NOs:
white (albacore) tuna
shark
swordfish

YES:
wild-caught salmon
sardines
roe
shrimp (I think)

Also, to ensure you're getting the fish goodness without consuming it daily, you can find high-quality cod liver oil that is safe (Carlson Lab's, Premier Cod Liver Oil, available from Radiant Life, Blue Ice). Carlson's also maked fish oil. They flavour theirs with lemon oil, if the fish taste is offensive. (I don't mind it - I prefer the unflavoured one, but then, my background is Portuguese!)

#26 ·
Tug
I'm happy to hear your baby is okay, but what an awful, scary thing to have to go through. I do hope you don't have to be on bedrest the rest of your pregnancy!

Lesley -- thinking of you this morning. Please keep us posted on your amnio. I hope you don't have to wait too long for the results.

Kristin, I take an oil supplement 3 times a day -- it has all the "good stuff" without the danger.

Twinmom -- how exciting to feel the baby move!! I felt "something" last night, but honestly don't know what it was. I figure I"ll know when the baby moves?? What does it feel like?

Hope everyone else is doing well this a.m.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.