For those of us not finding out baby's sex: - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 84 Old 08-27-2004, 02:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

How about those of us who aren't finding out the baby's sex put down our "prediction".... just based on our own instincts or gut feel (however weak it may be at the time!).

I will edit this original post with a running list of mamas, due dates, and predicted sex.

***NEW TWIST: In addition to guessing the baby's sex, please also include in your response: 1.) your best guess for the day/date the baby will actually arrive (month and date, or any sort of prediction like "I keep dreaming it's a Sunday" or "first week of Feb" etc.) and 2.) your actual due date.

Feel free to change your mind as time goes on... just post back with your updates.

We'll see how well we all do as a group!

February Mamas' Predictions:
  • Alaskanteach (Gretchen), edd Feb 05 - I think I'm having a GIRL!
  • AmBam (Amber), edd 2/14/05 - I think I'm having a GIRL! who will arrive on or about Feb 6
  • Christi, edd 2/14/05 - I think I'm having a GIRL! who will arrive on or about Feb 16
  • Earthmama007, edd 2/25/05 - I think I'm having a BOY! who will arrive on or about Feb 19
  • EllaMakes3, edd Feb 05 - I think I'm having a GIRL! who will arrive on or about last week Jan / first week Feb
  • Emmama (Emily), edd Feb 05 - I think I'm having a (not sure yet!)
  • HelloKitty (Kitty), edd 1/30/05 - I think I'm having a BOY!
  • Heveasoul, edd 2/21/05 - I think I'm having a BOY who will arrive on or about Feb 25
  • KateSt, edd Feb 05 - I think I'm having a BOY!
  • Kater07, edd >14 Feb 05 - I think I'm having a BOY!
  • Kavamamakava, edd Feb 05 - I think I'm having a BOY! who will arrive on or about Feb 10th
  • Kinsey43, edd Feb 05 - I think I'm having a BOY!
  • Lou (Carrie Lou), edd Feb 05 - I think I'm having a BOY! who will arrive on or about Feb 2
  • Mainemom (Susan), edd 2/23/05 - I think I'm having a GIRL! who will arrive on or about Feb 25
  • Marcela - I think I'm having a BOY! who will arrive in synch with the moon... Jan 28 or Feb 8
  • MehndiMama (Stell), edd late Feb 05 - I think I'm having a GIRL!
  • Peacefulvegan (Tracie), edd Feb 05 - I think I'm having a BOY!
  • Periwinkle, edd 2/14/05 - I think I'm having a GIRL! who will arrive on or about Feb 2
  • TwinMom (Deb), edd early Feb 05 - I think I'm having a (not sure yet! girl maybe??) who will arrive on or about Feb 10
  • ThreeForMe - I think I'm having a BOY! who will arrive on or about Feb 18
  • Wtchyhlr (Joy), edd Feb 05 - I think I'm having a GIRL! who will arrive on or about Jan 20
#2 of 84 Old 08-27-2004, 04:43 PM

My insticts tell me it's a boy. When I think of the baby, I think "he" and "him". I have from the very beginning.

While I don't REALLY care one way or the other, I kinda hope it's a girl because I like our girl name better! :LOL
#3 of 84 Old 08-27-2004, 05:13 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Fun!
I am really not sure on this one. I will have to get back to you. With my last one I (and dh) KNEW he was a boy. With this one I thought at first it was another boy because my pregnancy was so much the same. Then a few weeks ago I started thinking girl. But right now I don't know. I hope that I will get a feeling of what is going to be. Last time I just knew. I don't really care either way. A girl would be fun because I already have to boys and I someday would love a girl. A boy this time will also be good cuz he and ds would be just under 2 years apart and I think they would really have fun together. Who knows. Just so s/he is healthy! I will check back if I get a "feeling" of what it is.

Life is to be enjoyed...not just endured!
#4 of 84 Old 08-30-2004, 02:03 PM

My post is going to sound like I am copying Amber! :LOL I really have no idea, one week I have the distinct feeling it's a girl, the next a boy. I don't care either way. A girl would be a nice change because I have three boys but another boy would be great for our youngest because he could have a brother close to his age. I promise to put down a prediction before I actually give birth, just too soon for me to guess right now

Great for nature studies! http://www.pleinairkids.com
Plein Air Kids - Handmade wooden art boxes for Budding Artists.
#5 of 84 Old 08-31-2004, 07:56 PM

Based on sex-selection rules, we're saying Girl It's been feeling like a girl all along, anyway. I've only been right once, but it was with my last baby, so I think I'm getting better at listening to my intuition. Or maybe that's just wishful thinking! :LOL
#6 of 84 Old 08-31-2004, 10:06 PM

I'm having girl dreams.... and my girls name was easy to pick... thats what I'm leaning towards....
course, the only clothes i hve are boys clothes... because i've inherited them
#7 of 84 Old 09-02-2004, 10:11 AM

Anyone else getting a lot of grief for not finding out the sex??? I'm really starting to get miffed, it seems like almost everyone I tell that we are going to wait and be surprised is like personally offended and gets pissy with me.

It's bumming me out because ever since we made the decision not to find out I've been really pscyhed about it and enjoying waiting for the surprise - it's like waiting for Christmas or something.

Just another thing to get my pregnant hormones up and pissy about! :LOL

Kitty

#8 of 84 Old 09-02-2004, 10:32 AM

Hey Kitty~ Yeah isn't it weird that it bugs people sooo much?? Why do they care?? People always say "Why would you not want to know. You can find out so why don't you???" When people find out I won't be having an ultrasound at all they think I am nuts. People are just funny. If you don't do what "everyone else" does, then you have a few screws loose.
I personally really like not knowing. It makes it so special when the baby is born. I always have predictions (BTW... I was right both times! ) But you still don't know for sure! Anyway... there's my little speech!!

#9 of 84 Old 09-02-2004, 10:43 AM

Hey Amber,

I'm totally with you I think it makes it so special!

We actually did try to find out with our last pregnancy because DH really wanted to know but the little devil had his legs crossed the whole time - hehehehehe - I was secretly thrilled. This time I'm so excited that DH decided he is fine with waiting.

At least we all have each other to be excited with!

Kitty

#10 of 84 Old 09-02-2004, 11:04 AM

Ok, I'll play!

girl. no...boy!...er, girl!! :LOL

Seriously....at first, I thought boy, but lately it's been girl.
#11 of 84 Old 09-02-2004, 11:07 AM

Hehehehehe. I'm the opposite - at first I thought girl but lately I've been thinking boy.

Honestly though I simply don't trust my instincts! I'm so use to hearing "It's a boy" that I tend to assume I'm having a boy and if I think maybe it's a girl I think "No, that's can't be right." :LOL

#12 of 84 Old 09-02-2004, 02:42 PM - Thread Starter

My mom was in absolute SHOCK when I told her we wouldn't be finding out this time. We did find out with dd and ds, because we felt like, come on, twins was the most surprise we can take in one pregnancy!! So everyone was shocked we weren't finding out.

I am so happy to be really enjoying this pregnancy for the natural wonder it is, without being over-monitored and all technologically advanced like my last pregnancy was (due to being "high risk" ~ twins). I'm finding myself following my gut more and more, trusting my instincts and intuition... though it is sooooo hard sometimes since last pregnancy I SAW the babies via sono AT LEAST every 2-3 weeks. It's getting easier now that I feel the baby kick not to want to run into my OB's office for a quickie doppler (which I did once around 10 weeks ).

Anyway, yes ITA re: it being really annoying that people are in shock (and horror) about the fact that we're not finding out!
#13 of 84 Old 09-03-2004, 09:47 AM

14 lb BOY! : LOL!!!!

I dreamed that the other night. I'll bet 11lbs for real though!
#14 of 84 Old 09-03-2004, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weesej
14 lb BOY! : LOL!!!!

I dreamed that the other night. I'll bet 11lbs for real though!
Eeeeeek - 14 pounds!!!!! I certainly hope that doesn't happen to any of us!!!!! My FIL was actually 14 pounds when he was born.... My last boy was 9.6 and boy did it hurt (the other two had been 8.7 and 7.3) so I am praying that this one won't be bigger then that.

#15 of 84 Old 09-11-2004, 02:01 AM
Lou

funny- i seem to spend less time pondering the baby's sex.. name.. etc.... this time around. with my first, being pregnant was such a HUGE deal. yk?

but.... this feels like a boy. we always knew our first babe was a girl, we knew her name as soon as we found out we were pregnant. we finally chose a boy's name also, but we felt like he'd be coming later.... feels like he's here now.

love y'all for not finding out the babe's sex! it just feels more respectful of my child not to try to categorize its presence before the babe even comes out!
#16 of 84 Old 09-12-2004, 08:57 PM

Thanks, Periwinkle, for making the waiting seem longer!! jk

I am kinda thinking/secretly hoping that it is a girl. I would be happy with a boy. I am baffled with this one, though. I have not popped out yet with this one and *duck* I have not gained any weight this whole preg! With my three, I popped out in 6 weeks and looked like I was eight months along! People gave me so much crap--Are you SURE you are not due sooner? , people can be annoying.

When I tell people we do not get the shocked looks, but we DO get "Well I want to know so give me the envelope so that I know what it is!" Yeah right! I think I will give them all an envelope with a piece of paper that says It's A Baby!! :LOL They will be sooo PO'd!!

Emily SAHM to four unschoolers Olivia (9), Brian (7), Jack (6), and Liam (5)
#17 of 84 Old 09-12-2004, 11:49 PM

I don't even know what to predict. At first I *wanted* another boy, but now I want a girl. If we're going by Shettles' method, it's probably a boy. Just put me down for "can't decide" for right now.

Homeschooling mom to four kids, ages 18, 18, 10, and 6. 

#18 of 84 Old 09-13-2004, 10:05 AM

OK I'm ready to go out on a limb and make a prediction..... I'm thinking GIRL.

Purely because I feel like I am carrying differently then I did with my three boys. With them I carried high - and I had horrible heartburn all nine months. This time I seem to be carrying low and so far *knock on wood* no heart burn to speak of (PLEASE stay that way!! It's always been the thing I hate most about pregnancy.)

I'm not telling any of my family that though because they will get all excited and make stupid comments (because we have three boys they get like personally offended that we don't care if this is a girl - it's stupid )

Kitty

#19 of 84 Old 09-18-2004, 03:10 PM

Hi all,
I guess I'm just lucky, we haven't had any nasty responses when people ask about whether or not we're finding out...I tell them, no because we have no medical reason for an u/s, are planning a homebirth and that there are so few wonderful surprises in life that we cherish the opportunity for this one...

I'm thinking girl. I had a little epiphany early on while resting after yoga that this was a girl. We chose our girl name easily and ds said his "big brother sense" told him it's a sister, even though he wants a brother!

When I was pregnant with our son, the first dream I ever had of him was that he was a catfish! Every dream after that, I dreamed boy. Funny with this one, I haven't really dreamed of it in terms of specifics... We truly are thrilled either way. This pregnancy is very different from my last, but then again, that one was seven years ago--what do I remember correctly?

Hope you're all well. It'll be fun to see how our "predictions" turn out. Be well. susan
#20 of 84 Old 09-20-2004, 12:30 AM

I am predicting a boy born after Valentine's
#21 of 84 Old 09-20-2004, 02:16 PM

Well, with DS I KNEW he was a boy. Just KNEW.

This time around, I haven't felt as "connected" to the baby, and hadn't really had any idea either way - until I read that Shannon was having a girl. Once I read that, I felt like I'm having a boy.

I don't know why Shannon's post made me feel like my babe's a boy, but I'll go with it for now.

I'm hoping for another boy - DH wants a girl, though. I'd rather have our boys all together, then a little girl last. Not like I get to put in my order, though, lol.

Kinsey
#22 of 84 Old 09-20-2004, 04:00 PM

Okay!! I'm gonna say it!! Up until now I haven't had a clue what I was having but... now I am thinking pink!! :girlpin I could be wrong and I may change my mind at anytime. Who knows, maybe more than once!! I KNEW with my boys that they were boys. I can't say I KNOW this is a girl but that's what I have been thinking for now!!
So, I guess we will see huh? It will be a lot of fun to see how we all come out with our predictions. So there ya have it... I say GIRL!!

#23 of 84 Old 10-06-2004, 10:39 AM - Thread Starter

bumped for Nikki
#24 of 84 Old 10-06-2004, 05:17 PM

I thought I would add myself to this list. We had discussed finding out, and had 3 u/s (because I needed them for other reasons, not gender ones), but no clue on gender. So, we probably won't be finding out now (problem areas are all cleared up!).

My second u/s said 'probably a boy"
My third u/s said "probably a girl"

Alas!

Anyway, I am predicting a girl. Here's why

1) not sick with this baby except maybe 4 times. My boys I was sick straight through for 4 months.

2) baby is sitting differently. I feel like I have been riding horses all day.

3) oldwives tale website and Chinese gender predictor website both say girl.

4) I read somewhere that during times of war, there are significantly more girl births than boy births.

5) I have 4 boys at home. If I ever was going to have a girl, this would be the time.
We'll see.
#25 of 84 Old 10-06-2004, 06:35 PM

Thanks Periwinkle!

I think I am having a BOY

This pregnancy is the same as it was with my son. I also have noticed the same horomonal changes that I had with my first. I have had thicker hair growth, more hair everywhere :LOL and I will cry at the drop of a hat. And according to my momma intuition I am having a boy, eh, who could argue with that? Plus, I was right the other two times, LOL.
#26 of 84 Old 11-09-2004, 11:46 PM - Thread Starter

Bump.

Anyone else want to make a prediction.

For those of us who already have made our guesses.... any changes of heart?! I know I have been waffling a bit recently, maybe because I'm carrying all in front and everyone keeps telling me that means it's a boy. But so far I'm sticking with girl.
#27 of 84 Old 11-10-2004, 12:43 AM

Part of me wishes I knew because I'm a planner and the other part of me is happy I don't know. It's very exciting for me to sit here and guess which gender is in my tummy right now. I'm very glad I'm not getting another U/S until the very end and even then I hope I don't see what the baby is. I'm really looking forward to having the doctor say "It's a ...... !"

Ok having said all that, I still believe with all my heart that I'm having a boy. My symptoms and my feelings are 100% the same as they were with my son Hunter just recently. I just have a strong gut feeling I'm having a son and that would make my husband and I so happy. A girl would be great too, but I really don't feel like I'm having a girl. We have an incredible girl name picked out but I'm not telling anyone because I'm not jinxing myself. hehehehehe
#28 of 84 Old 11-10-2004, 12:48 AM

I am still not feeling either boy or girl. I would really like to have a girl (most days!) but if I HAD to pick which it would be, I would say boy. Maybe 60% boy, 40% girl. As long as it's only one baby I'm happy!

Homeschooling mom to four kids, ages 18, 18, 10, and 6. 

#29 of 84 Old 11-10-2004, 08:57 AM

Still can't shake the feeling that this is a girl - this pregnancy just feels different then the others, different symptoms, different in the way I'm carrying, etc.

Sometimes I wish I knew for sure so I could start crochetting some girl dresses if need be but most of the time I'm VERY happy not to know. It's cool having this big surprise to wait for, like a kid at Christmas. Not being picky helps a great deal too though, I think if I was dying for one or the other I might not be so patient. I could do without all the "this better be a girl" comments from my MIL but then again her not knowing annoys her so I have THAT to keep me happy... hehehehe.

Kitty

#30 of 84 Old 11-10-2004, 01:52 PM - Thread Starter

TwinMom, can I put you down for a boy now?! Please please please??!! (sorry can't help myself... this is too fun)

This is so exciting. Maybe it's because the holidays are approaching, but I really do feel like I'm waiting for the greatest Christmas present of all. (hopefully more like a Valentine's present though )

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page