pampered mamas say "thanks!" - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 47 Old 10-18-2004, 01:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Kater07, thank you for the breast pads! I just got them over the weekend and they look perfect! So soft and I love that they're washable (I felt quite a bit of guilt at the BOXES of disposable ones I went through last time!). This is just what I was looking for. THANK YOU!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 47 Old 10-18-2004, 07:11 PM

THANK YOU, Heveasoul!! It was so fun coming back from a long weekend to find a gift on my front porch. I got the Birthing From Within Book (just want I wanted! ), some wonderful belly cream (it smells so good!) and another herbal ointment (can't remember the name) which I know will come in handy. I've turned into such an "all-natural lotion junkie" so your gifts were very appropriate!

I also LOVED the card with the autumn photograph. Dh and I fell in love and got married in the autumn and we both enjoyed the card very much.

Thank you Heveasoul, for your thoughtful gifts and for making coming home from holiday fun!

P.S. And thanks for trying with the chocolate. It sounded delicious!

computergeek2.gif  Spirit Baby Intuitive (and really cool chick)

#33 of 47 Old 10-19-2004, 01:27 AM

Hello Kitty,

My package from Earth Mama Angel Baby arrived today! I can't wait to try the Third Trimester Tea and the Natural Nipple Cream.

Thank you soooo soooo much! These will both be such comforts to me. I need to do all I can for a safe natural birth and I used a LOT of Lansinoh last time. I like that the nipple cream is Lanolin Free.

CHEERS!
Katie
#34 of 47 Old 10-19-2004, 01:27 AM

Periwinkle,

I am happy that you love the breast pads. I hope that they are a wonderful part of your nursing experience!

Katie
#35 of 47 Old 10-19-2004, 10:52 AM

Katie,
I'm so glad it finally came - it was delayed a couple of times, I felt so bad. That natural nipple cream sounds really great so I was happy you pointed me to it!!! :LOL I actually just ordered some for myself yesterday (I went nutty with the Lanisoh last time too).
Kitty

Great for nature studies! http://www.pleinairkids.com
Plein Air Kids - Handmade wooden art boxes for Budding Artists.
#36 of 47 Old 10-19-2004, 12:44 PM

Yay, Kate - so glad your package finally arrived! And I'm glad you like it. Enjoy!

About the card - I love autumn colours! My drive to work, while not quite as spectacular as in that card, has been such a treat with all the brilliant colours!

Sorry about the chocolate...:...
#37 of 47 Old 10-19-2004, 12:52 PM

Heve, you need to come for a drive out our way, we've got great colors now!
Ok, I sent my package the same day as you, so Kinsey--you should get it any day now!!
#38 of 47 Old 10-19-2004, 01:06 PM

Heve :LOL No need to apologize for the chocolates. I blame US customs!!

computergeek2.gif  Spirit Baby Intuitive (and really cool chick)

#39 of 47 Old 10-19-2004, 01:09 PM

Hmmm, I just thought of something--I could make a killing retraining all the customs dogs to sniff out candy bars and the like!!!
I like working American dogs--I charge the same but get US money for it
#40 of 47 Old 10-19-2004, 07:13 PM

I got my package yesterday, Shannon! Awesome - I cried when I opened it (love the lovely hormones, lol). This morning Will and I danced around to the "songs to get moving to" cd, and as soon as he conks out for his nap (any time now, hopefully) I'll sit down and relax to the other cd.

And wouldn't you know it, I woke up with a sinus headache and stuffy nose this morning, so the candle you sent is being put to immediate use (unfortunately, lol).

I don't know if I'll be able to use that soap you sent - it's so pretty! I have a bad habit of "saving" nice things like that.....saving for what? No clue. So right now I'm undecided whether I'll put it in the "guest" bathroom where it won't get used up and will look nice or if I'll go ahead and use it myself. Tough call!

I enjoyed some of the cookies last night - have you posted that recipe in the recipe thread? Was there cinnamon in there, or was I just imagining that? VERY good, whatever you put in there. Thank you so much for them!!

Jeff and I pulled out a word from the word box last night and tried to start a conversation with it, but he was not very cooperative. He kept asking "Now what's this for? Why are you asking that?".... party pooper. I think the word box may have to wait until my mom and half-sister come up for the babe's birth - I know THEY'll enjoy it with me.

And, lastly, thank you for the Sleepytime Tea! It was my favorite when I was a kid (alright, as a grown-up, too, lol) and I can't find it here in town. So I was so happy to see that box - I had a cup of tea last night and enjoyed it thoroughly!!

Perfect, perfect pampering box! I couldn't have pampered myself better had I gone shopping for myself!

Thank you so much - and thank you for organizing this whole idea! It sounds like everyone is pleased with their packages.

Kinsey
#41 of 47 Old 10-19-2004, 11:18 PM

Oh good Kinsey!! Yes the recipe for those cookies is on the recipe thread, it's one of the first--there's no cinnamon though.
Steve thought the word box was weird too, I think it's more of a sister/mother thing Or for a little later when Will is old enough, I thought it was a neat idea though. The woman who makes them has a program set up where she pairs high school students up with altzheimers patients to help them write their memoirs. That is one of the tools she uses to help start conversation.
Sorry about your sinus headache though!!
#42 of 47 Old 10-23-2004, 12:12 AM

yay!

I got my package today! Sent USPS - through rain and snow and sleet and.... massive street and sidewalk construction!

The bath stuff all looks so yummy. I love to take long baths, when I'm sure ds is solidly asleep. It's so much fun to have little luxuries I've never tried! They all smell so good! And a bath pillow that won't feel all plasticky.

I'm going to try the liquid pajamas lotion on my son... maybe it'll make HIM sleep!

Thank you for the tea sampler, too! It's a nice assortment. I'm curious about the Mother's Milk tea - I never tried it last time but always kind of meant to. Is the Pregancy Tea raspberry leaf?

Apparently you sent chocolate too, but it didn't make it - melted along the way. Too bad... seems to be a curse on shipping chocolate around here, doesn't there?

And Shyly - Monica - it was really sweet of you to clean out the chocolate goo and send the package on. Thank you so much!

off to take a bath,
Sofia
#43 of 47 Old 10-25-2004, 03:47 AM

Lasofia-

I'm soooo glad you finally received your package! Sorry about the chocolate. I didn't even think it would melt. And of course I didn't think it would take this long to get to my mama. But it's okay cause you got it! I'm happy you will enjoy the bath goodies. It is the most under-rated luxury. Just quiet, wet warmth. Ahhhhh......... Please go out and try the chocolates I sent you. They are Lindt Truffles. OMG!!!!

The ingredients of the tea do include Raspberry leaf (the promary ingredient) as well as: Strawberry leaf, Nettle herb, Spearmint leaf; and organic ingredients of the following: fennel seed, rose hip, alfalfa leaf and lemon verbena leaf. I hope you enjoy. I like the Mother's Milk too. I can't say for sure it promoted lactation because I never had an issue with not having enough milk.

Lots of Love
Cecily
#44 of 47 Old 10-25-2004, 03:52 AM

Monica-

I wanted to thank you again for forwarding the package for me. And another BIG thanks for cleaning up the chocolate. My pregnant brain didn't equaite soft, yummy chocolate to melted chocolate. I just wanted the gift to be as fun as possible. I would like to send you a little something for your generous spirit. I actually ment to send it in my package but some how it got left out. Please pm me w/ your address and I'll send it to you.

Thanks again,
Cecily
#45 of 47 Old 10-25-2004, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella'smamma
Lasofia-

I'm soooo glad you finally received your package! Sorry about the chocolate. I didn't even think it would melt. . Ahhhhh......... Please go out and try the chocolates I sent you. They are Lindt Truffles. OMG!!!!
Cecily
*whine*

OOOOH, I do love Lindt truffles. Gooey goodness. I think I will go buy some!

It didn't occur to me, either, that chocolate might melt. I think a lot of us sent it. Just bad luck your package sat somewhere hot!

Thank you again!

- Sofia
#46 of 47 Old 11-01-2004, 09:03 PM

Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

My package, after being in transit for nearly a month , has arrived!!!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you, sadkitty!

I will have to post a pic of my gift - a lovely package of various aromatherapy bath salts, a handknit bath mitt, some soaps (did you make those, too?), and the pièce de résistance - the cutest little woolen baby hat!

Can't wait to have a nice soak, and the mitt comes in good time - my brushy thing just got the heave-ho yesterday!

What a great way to start the week! Thanks so much!
#47 of 47 Old 11-02-2004, 05:44 AM

Hooray!! finally!! I'm so glad the package arrived and you like it . People told me horror stories about mailing packages to Canada, but the post office guy said a week to 10 days. :

My friends mom made the soaps. Maybe the post office thought they were those deadly imported chocolates or something.

Hope you get a nice long soak with the salts. Ooh that sound nice. Maybe I'll get off line and into the bath....

Mom to three 14 y.o. rock star grrl, 5 y.o. knight in spazzy armour and baby Juniper, born still @39 weeks 4 days 2-3-10 .

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page