Cloth Diapers - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 96 Old 03-15-2005, 08:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
my dypes are all clean and ready to go though they were given to me by a friend. some cpf with covers and a couple pocket dypes maybe? i also have a set from motherease but the crotch of the cover is like five inches wide and i can't comprehend how that would fit my dainty dd LOL!

is it necessary to use pins or a snappi with cpf and a cover? i'm so nervous LOL and am so clueless.
#92 of 96 Old 03-15-2005, 08:53 PM

Susan,
I'm not sure if our babies are just shaped really differently, but Hazel is not yet 9 pounds and can wear both FB size small and Wonderoos. What are you stuffing them with? The MOE inserts or hemp inserts are really trim, whereas PF's will be bulkier. You might try the fitteds you have with the bummis covers, or other covers that are trimmer than fleece. It seems that many CD'ing families just buy clothes a size larger to cover the baby's diaper, but you can also search the diapering forum for suggestions for the trimmest diapers. I find the FB's really trim. Also, if you're new to CD'ing (like me) everything seems super huge and bulky at first, because you're used to the look of disposables. You get used to it.
#93 of 96 Old 03-16-2005, 10:42 PM

Lesley,
Thanks for the advice. I must say how thrilled I was to hear that Hazel is 9lbs!!! Hooray!!

I am going to try the fitteds with the wraps and order something trim to stuff the pockets. I have a long, skinny babe with a tiny bum--I'll keep trying!

susan
#94 of 96 Old 03-17-2005, 01:19 PM

Hey Susan...
Dominic is 22 1/2 inches long and 8lbs 6 oz as of last friday. He's long and thin too... what is working BEST for us is Fuzzibuns, size small, stuffed with one joeybunz. Also up there are kissaluv's contour's size newborn with a sugarpeas fleece cover. He just despises being wet, so pocket dipes with the fleece inside are working best for us. i totally didn't believe fleece wicked moisture away... i'm now a believer...

Joy
#95 of 96 Old 03-21-2005, 12:05 PM

I am jumping in on this thread; I can't believe I hadn't seen it before! Joe is about 16 pounds now, at 8 weeks old, and has already outgrown some of his small diapers. (They're up for sale on the TP Diapers forum; I don't know if I'm allowed to post a link so I won't, but you can search for it under my username if interested.) What's working for him right now are the small Fuzzi Bunz and prefolds inside Sugar Peas wool covers. Fuzzi Bunz are the only diapers my dh can figure out for some reason so I bought 15 of those to start with. Gotta have diapers the man can use so that he can change diapers! I am already at the last snap around the thighs, though, and they leave red marks, so I imagine he'll be ready to go up in size soon. That sucks 'cause I spent a lot of $$ on those FBs and he's only 8 weeks old! I guess chunky thighs run in the family :LOL or maybe it's just he and I!

What I do need is a good wool soaker. I have a friend who is going to make me some soakers, but until she can get to them I want to have at least one for overnight. I still have to change him twice a night or we wake up soaked. We're already waking up soaked in breastmilk and spitup, so maybe a little pee wouldn't hurt anything. Any recommendations for a soaker? They're so spendy I am afraid to try anything in case it doesn't work well. Maybe I'll just go with an Aristocrat since I know those work. I just wanted something a little prettier.

Homeschooling mom to four kids, ages 18, 18, 10, and 6. 

#96 of 96 Old 03-21-2005, 01:49 PM

There's bunches and bunches of wool in the shops at www.hyenacart.com - I think all of them would work equally well.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page