Feb Mamas Chat thread Oct18-24 - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 135 Old 10-23-2004, 08:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hahhaa, I bought some great homemade spring rolls at the farmers market this morning with the intention of bringing them with me tomorrow to Heve's house--but I had to eat some of them for dinner!!!
I seem however to be the only one eating really strange combos-my dinner tonight consisted of peanut butter and raspberry jam on 12 grain bread and pork spring rolls--I did resist dipping the spring rolls in the jam though!
Peri, I had a bunch in a row today too, I was teaching a lesson at the market and so walked up and down a number of times without stopping at any of the concession stands. I seemed fine until I was done, I saw my client to her car and then had to go sit down for 20 minutes until things calmed down--at least these ones weren't particularily painful, but they were tight.
So everyone, if you are feeling a consistent "kick" in the same place over and over again for a good 10 minutes, is that hiccups??
#122 of 135 Old 10-23-2004, 11:44 PM

mmmm spring rolls and jam
i still think my weirdest was when i caught myself alternating between bites of peach yogurth, and chips with salsa.
#123 of 135 Old 10-24-2004, 10:57 AM

ummmm... peach yogurt with chips and salsa, and spring rolls with jam actually sound pretty good to me! It's the counterbalancing of tastes thingy... ...not unlike having a milkshake with a burger meal...or an avacodo or coconut or mango shake with a Vietnamese meal, or , or...!!! :LOL And I've had breakfast already...
#124 of 135 Old 10-24-2004, 11:31 AM - Thread Starter

good morning, nice to see you're up Heve, I'll give you a call in a minute or two! I'll bring the digital camera with me today and we can post a pic of both of us somewhere--I signed up for one of those babiesonline sites but it keeps telling me my pics are far too big. Maybe I'll bring my laptop with me and you can help me figure it out.
So, after many many lectures on calling if you're staying late at work, etc, etc, dh has now figured it out, but too well, last night he left for work and said he'd be staying late and then heading to Oakville to pick up a boarding dog--so what's he do, he calls me when he gets out of work to tell me he's leaving to pick up Dyna now--I was asleep!!!!!!!!!! I already knew that was what he'd be doing!!!!!!!!!!! Oh well, can't get mad for that--well, I can, it just won't do me much good, wow, how mature of me!
#125 of 135 Old 10-24-2004, 11:46 AM

Not a problem - that's what I do! (work with graphics for both print and web) Bring your stuff.

Rain, rain, rain...I don't mind it so much - we've had SUCH a gloriously sunny fall!

Happy Sunday everyone! Shannon and I will check in later!
#126 of 135 Old 10-24-2004, 12:36 PM

Morning all
What a night. My son is teething really bad right now and it looks like he is getting his one year molars...on both sides He's in so much pain and he's running a fever and is very lethargic. I feel so bad for him. DH and I have been cuddling him non-stop for almost 24 hours. Thankfully he's eating and drinking just fine and we've been giving him tylenol and hyland's teething tablets to help with the pain. I just hope the pain stops soon

My back is much better today. It was a muscle pull only and I'm so thankful it wasn't in my spine at all. Joy if the pain continues to come back I would like to see a chiro, but I'm hoping this was just an isolated injury.

Heve and Shannon have fun today meeting each other. Definitely take a pic of your bellies!

Spring rolls sounds delish! I've been eating strange things lately too. Last night I ate half of a pepperoni pizza with jalepenos all over it. It was GOOD! :LOL I suffered later on that night with some nice heartburn, but it was worth it

I'm eating Belgium waffles with strawberries and bananas and drinking a frothy decaf cappuccino with it. Mmm Mmm GOOD!

Have a fabtabulous day everyone
#127 of 135 Old 10-24-2004, 05:25 PM
tug

traci - just the thought of pepperoni pizza gives me instant heartburn...but it also sounds yummy....also, glad to hear that your back is better.

shannon and heveasoul - have a good day! finish off that chocolate cake and the springs rolls ....if there were any left!

periwinkle - the b-hs do not sounds fun at all. glad the kids enjoyed the pumpkin ride though!

monica - i really liked the description of your property and the stream. it sounds so idyllic for a kid. at the back of our property we have somebody else's nasty ol' tin shed on one side and our compost bin on the other. i kinda hope neither of my kids play in either one of those

well, all is finally quiet here. ds has been a little wild man today - running around and around and around. i did bring in the little table that a friend and i refinished for him. i got the dragonflies on it last night and now the friend just has to spray a coat or two of polyurethane to protect the dragonflies. ds had fun though. he played with playdoh on his table and then colored. i'll try to post a picture sometime soon. of course, dh took a totally unflattering one of me with the baby. i look huge and like i'm not wearing pants and my bra strap is showing. luckily, i took a few of just ds with his table.

have a good day everybody.

terenia
#128 of 135 Old 10-24-2004, 07:22 PM

Happy Sunday afternoon ladies....

Shannon and Heve - hope your having a great time

Traci - let me know if you do end up wanting my chiro's info. I have NO idea how anyone does pregnancy without a chiropractor.

Maybe this is a first timer thing, but the whole pregnancy feeling real thing hasn't hit yet. I am 25wks today, and really, it doesn't seem real. We've got all this baby stuff we've inherited that we've been cleaning up (we learned how to take a stroller apart to wash it.. that was interesting)... and DH is making a valiant effort to find a job so i can be a SAHM (still not convinced thats going to happen, but hey, he's got til around April which is when i'd have to go back). I just don't have any idea what i'm going to feel like the first time I hold this baby in my arms... i can't quite figure out what thats going to be.

I've got my blessingway ceremony scheduled with my shaman, and am working on invitation lists for my showers... which will also probably be the same weekend as the ceremony (weekend of Jan 8) - I want to get them all out of the way with enough time for us to be able to buy whatever we don't get and have it arrive in time for baby (who I am more and more convinced will be here in late Jan as opposed to Feb) - but all that scheduling adn planning, it doesn't make this feel any more real. Am I just being hormonal, or is this normal for a first timer?
#129 of 135 Old 10-24-2004, 07:54 PM

Oooooh I'm so jealous of all of you having showers (in one form or another), blessingways, etc.

With two kids - and one boy one girl no less - I am feeling like who am I to complain that I'm not having a shower. But I still want one! They're so much fun. I wouldn't even care if anyone brought gifts, just an afternoon with the girls and an entire plate of crustless sandwiches, virgin (and not-so-virgin mimosas), and carrot cake would do it for me!

So what's the verdict... is it "rude" to have a shower if you've already had kids? Do we care?? :LOL I personally wouldn't care less if it were someone's 8th child, but I know some people get bent out of shape about this.
#130 of 135 Old 10-24-2004, 09:27 PM - Thread Starter

Evening all!
Heve and I had a lovely time this afternoon, the spring rolls and chocolate cake were both excellent
Did some shopping, I got new underwear--yeah!!
I finally got Molly's site up and the link is in my signature. The U/S pic is from only 13.5 weeks, but it was from the fertility clinic and its by far the best image we have. There is also a belly pic there from me, I look HUGE, I couldn't believe it when I saw it!!! and there is a pic of both of us in my gallery.
#131 of 135 Old 10-24-2004, 09:34 PM

What wonderful photos!!! You ladies are beautiful!
#132 of 135 Old 10-24-2004, 09:55 PM

Thanks Peri - not feeling so beautiful (photos taken after a longish damp day and by my dear but non-critical hubby - you'd think he could've got us to smooth our tops or something! :LOL), but thanks! We didn't do much pampering, but some good visiting, and shopping, and eating!

Um, yes, and those are bellies full of not just baby, but chocolate cake and spring rolls (we went for the pan-asian thing and had Vietnamese spring rolls with Bengal chutney)!

I scored some excellent baby clothes at the consignment store, and black mat tights (new) for work. And our babies will have matching snowsuits! And our dog (well, not ours - we babysit her...long story) got to meet Shannon!

Mmmmm - just had supper (um, yes, that's right - an hour or so after the chocolate cake...) - braised beef ribs (sooooo tender!) with mashed potatoes... Dh is watching The Professional - it's good, but I have become such a wuss when it comes to violent flicks...can't do it these days... So I'm back up here, checking in on you guys. Quiet wknd on the boards - guess we're all busy!

Joy - I hear you. Sometimes I really have to feel my uterus to remind myself that it's real. Maybe that's why the gestation is 40 weeks, to allow us to gradually come to the realization that we're going to be moms...

tug - I hear you, too, on the dh-photographer complaints! That's why I ended up taking my own against the mirror (except for today's)! Glad your little guy seems to be feeling better!

34Me - sorry to hear your little guy is not feeling so great... And mmmmm - Belgian waffles! It's been a great food weekend all around, it seems!

(((big sigh))) Back to work tomorrow...
#133 of 135 Old 10-24-2004, 10:03 PM - Thread Starter

Woo Hoo!!! My new bravado bikini underwear fit!!!! It's nice to have undies that don't come up to meet my bra!!!!
I got a pair in blush and a pair in black with a leopard skin band around the top!!
#134 of 135 Old 10-24-2004, 10:04 PM

So when are you going to post the pics? :LOL
#135 of 135 Old 10-24-2004, 10:39 PM

I've started a new thread - c'mon over!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page