Looking for Friends! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 11-02-2004, 09:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm due Feb 18th and I'm having a boy...this is my first pregnancy!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 15 Old 11-02-2004, 09:09 PM

Congratulations! My Xander was born January 2004. Great name. How is your pregnancy going so far? I have a friend IRL who is due in Feb too. Maybe I'll direct her your way.
#3 of 15 Old 11-02-2004, 09:24 PM - Thread Starter

My pregnancy is going ok although I just got a letter in the mail that the Pap Smear I had on Oct 7th came back abnormal...I was out of town and didn't get the phone call from the nurse...I made an appointment for tomorrow...and now I'm all worried...although Zander seems fine...he kicks or wiggles almost constantly!
#4 of 15 Old 11-02-2004, 10:54 PM

Welcome

I am due February 1st with a boy!

What brings you to mothering.com? Are you crunchy? slightly crunchy? not crunchy at all?
#5 of 15 Old 11-03-2004, 12:04 AM

Welcome aboard... you'll find we hang out mostly in the weekly thread... come join us
#6 of 15 Old 11-03-2004, 12:40 AM - Thread Starter

well...on our way back home from being out of town for 2 weeks...my baby's father and I had some truck trouble so he rented a car to drive me home and then he took the car back to get our truck and try and putt putt it the rest of the way home...so I have been all alone except for Zander and my cat since last night and I was looking up leaky nipples on the internet and found a link to this sight...so I thought I would join...
#7 of 15 Old 11-03-2004, 12:41 AM - Thread Starter

what does crunchy mean?
#8 of 15 Old 11-03-2004, 01:12 AM

Crunchy means interested in natural family living and attachment parenting. Many people here believe in gentle discipline, co-sleeping, cloth diapers, breastfeeding (for many years), babywearing, organic foods and household products, homeschooling, homebirthing, and being gentle to the earth and enviroment. Many more of us believe in some combination of these things. You'll find lots of wonderful, warm, supportive women here, ready to answer questions about AP and NFL. I've learned a lot since I got here, not yet a total crunchy convert, but I'm nursing a 3 year-old and preparing to tandem nurse my kids, co-sleep, and I'm even going to try cloth diapers this time!

Welcome again!
#9 of 15 Old 11-03-2004, 01:49 AM

Check out "the one thread" in this forum -- it's a new thread each week where we Feb mamas share and vent and give each other support.

I hope your Pap comes back ok.
#10 of 15 Old 11-03-2004, 01:55 AM

Hi and Welcome! Hopefully, you'll find friendship and support here, as well as a larger community full of information. Hope you enjoy. Come join us on the weekly thread. Be well. susan

By the way, I am due 2/23 with my second. I have a 7 y.o. son named Griffin.
#11 of 15 Old 11-03-2004, 01:55 AM - Thread Starter

Well my mom would be really happy if I used cloth diapers...'cause that is what she did with me...and Brian and I haven't even started on a nursery so co-sleeping seems likely...after all when Brians girls are with us we all sleep in the same bed...thank goodness we bought a king size bed!
#12 of 15 Old 11-03-2004, 08:15 PM

Nice to meet you!
I am Jenni, 26 years old from Toledo Ohio. I am a stay-at-home mom to an almost 2 year old girl, Megan Josephine, and I am due on February 7th with a little boy, Parker Donovan. I am maybe the only "not crunchy" mom on here, but I am hooked because of the different kinds of advice I get from people, and because of the large volume of pregnanct women on here who are due so close to me who I can relate to.
I do plan to have a birth at the hospital with an OB with no drugs because I managed last time. I was homeschooled from 4th-12th grade, didn't go to college because my dream was to be a wife and mommy, and I had no idea what to go to college for, besides the fact that the thought of college scared the crap out of me, and I am a born-again Christian.
I have been married for almost 3 years to Dan who is the best daddy I've ever met, and I can't wait to see him with our son. He works for a marketing research company programming internet surveys.
I hope you have fun getting to know all of us!
#13 of 15 Old 11-10-2004, 03:22 AM

Elaina! I hope that you don't have to have a repeat Pap. It's sooooo typical to have an abnormal pap DURING pregnancy. Most docs and midwives blow it off and have you be certian to get your annual pap after baby is born.

CONGRATULATIONS on your pregnancy!! First pregnancies are such a roller coaster of fun and excitement and fear.

Don't be afraid to ask for help or information. You will find LOADS of great information here. If you have questions about anything, just ask. Everyone has an opinion here and also GREAT resources for information on different things. You can find information on nearly everything by glancing through the forums.

Happy, Healthy Baby/Mommy vibes to you!
#14 of 15 Old 11-10-2004, 09:32 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Where in NC are you???? We just moved here and we are right off Pope AFB and Fort Bragg(we are active duty air force). I'm Megan and I'm 23. I have a 4 year old daughter and I'm due 2 /17 with daughter #2. To answer the "crunchy" question(I loved the way it was asked!he he he!), I am pretty crunchy and my dh is not(but he's getting there). Co-slept with dd #1 until she was almost 3 1/2 and we are planning on co-sleeping with this one too. I just convinced dh that we are cloth diapering and I will breastfeed until she weans herself. I'm having a little trouble with the fact that NC doesn't seem to be a crunchy area where we are. Closest Whole Foods is in Raleigh and I cannot for the life of me find any AP parents around here!
Meg(also looking for friends!)

treehugger.gifjog.gifgreenthumb.gifknit.gifnamaste.gif

#15 of 15 Old 01-18-2005, 02:14 AM - Thread Starter

I live in Hubert, NC...Brian is stationed on Camp Lejeune, and our new baby is 2 months old...I guess I need to say goodbye...since we are moving on the 16th my husband wants to pack up the computer...

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page