Feb. Mama's chat thread, Nov. 14-21 - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 97 Old 11-19-2004, 12:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
lasofia -- I'm sure your instincts are right.

AmBam -- I'm so sorry to hear of your news! I agree with Shannon, that it must not be too terrible or they would have addressed it right away. How do you feel about it? Are you feeling the baby move a lot? I'll be keeping my fingers crossed big time for you...

computergeek2.gif  Spirit Baby Intuitive (and really cool chick)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#92 of 97 Old 11-19-2004, 01:33 PM

sofia - I agree that you should listen to your body's needs for nourishment...and hey, ok, so the need for halloween candy may have been a misfired signal...don't beat yourself up over it. Your body will recover from it. Go with your gut, and past experience.

Ambam - hope all is well - I'm sorry she has you so worried. I'm sure if it was serious, you'd be transferred immediately.
#93 of 97 Old 11-19-2004, 04:59 PM

Shannon - eeek on the cat thing!! Poor kitty!

Kater - go glad you are loving your job and that schedule sounds like it's just perfect for your family

Amber - Ditto what the others have said, if it was serious she probably would have you looked at right away, MWs have to be real careful of issues like that so bear in mind that she's probably being very cautious. I was actually just reading a couple weeks ago (I think it was in Pregnancy Week by Week) that irregular heartbeats in fetus's are quite common.

Periwinkle - good luck on the glocuse test!!!!! I have my fingers crossed for ya.

I went for my monthly visit today and the doc said everything looks great, he then said "Didn't I give you the paperwork and drink for the glocuse test last time?" To which I had to say "Umm, yeah you did but I haven't done the test." So he said, "Hmmm, OK. So what you are saying is that you are not going to take the test are you?" :LOL

He told me that it was fine - he couldn't force me to take the test and my weight has been really good, etc. etc. but he is still a little worried because last time I failed my 1 hour and had to do the 3 hour and plus I have big babies. So he said - if you won't take the test then I'm just going to ask that you stay away from sugar as much as possible. I said that wasn't a problem that I've been trying to eliminate as much sugar and bad carbs as possible anyways. He said - that's all you would have to do if you failed the tests so that's fine.

It was funny though when he went to write the slip for my next visit he said "I was going to say to come back in 3 weeks but since you blew off my glocuse test I'm writing down 2 weeks instead." :LOL

Great for nature studies! http://www.pleinairkids.com
Plein Air Kids - Handmade wooden art boxes for Budding Artists.
#94 of 97 Old 11-19-2004, 05:20 PM

Kitty, how funny.... your doctor sounds pretty mellow at least.

Amber - ACK thats just scary.

La Sofia - your miwife appointment didn't sound that great either... i'm sorry

I actually just got back from my 28 week midwife appointment (that we did at almost 29 weeks....). Everything looked great. I've gained 3lbs since the last appointment, which was perfect. Laura wants me gaining about a pound a week. Here's the stats: Blood pressure 108/76, pulse 80, baby's heartrate 144-159 (which she says sounds very girlish), fundal height 30cm. This was a big appointment because we did fingerprick tests both to check blood sugar and iron levels. Both of them are fine, my blood sugar was 72 (an hour after eating - normal is anything between 60 and 120), and my hemoglobin level was 10.5 (anything below 10 would be considered anemic)
#95 of 97 Old 11-20-2004, 02:57 AM

Hi all!
Grrrr Moving SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!! :

I've missed you ladies. I've not been online in a week and it's all because Qwest morons screwed up our DSL order and now we won't have it until next week. DH took pity on me and installed NetZero so I could at least check my email and of course I snuck over here. I don't even have TV yet *cry* Everything that could have gone wrong in the move has gone wrong.

We have to clean the house so it sparkles this weekend because we need to start showing it to potential buyers while we are in Montana next week for a wedding. I hurt all over from moving every day and I don't like being in transition between 2 homes. It's utter chaos and being this pregnant is taking a toll on my body. I can't do much but yet I'm ovedoing it daily and paying the price for it at night. I have daily meltdowns because everything is going wrong Thanks for listening to my pity party. I'll be better once our old house is sold and things here have shifted into a normal schedule.

I miss you ladies and I miss my computer and I miss the TV and all the things I took for granted.

I hope you all are doing well and I hope to catch up with you soon.

#96 of 97 Old 11-23-2004, 12:15 PM

We're back ladies!!!
How is everyone???
Traci, sorry about the moving nightmare!
#97 of 97 Old 11-23-2004, 12:42 PM

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page