kinsey43 (Kinsey) due after Feb 20
HydeParkB (Bridget) due Feb 17
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 97 Old 11-14-2004, 06:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
uhoh.. i just found the TP diaper board.......

Oh, and Lesley... no, you didn't scare anyone away. I've actually been pondering many of the things you said... I *want* to be a SAHM. My DH only teaches yoga parttime right now, and he is looking for something fulltime, but if he doesn't find it, he'll be a SAHD, and I'll keep working. So many things you said could be me in a few years, thats what had me pondering.
#3 of 97 Old 11-14-2004, 07:56 PM

Hi Mamas,

Thought I would finally introduce myself on the weekly chat board! Seems everytime (until now) I get to look at the thread it is already several pages long. By the time I read everything and get ready to respond the group has moved on

Hope all of you are feeling well!

Kimba
who realizes she hasn't actuallly introduced herself at all, but must wait on a couple of patrons. I will return.
#4 of 97 Old 11-14-2004, 07:57 PM

Hi everyone!!!
Leslie!! No you didn't scare away!!! Like Joy, I was thinking many of the same things, I get impatient with the dogs often enough, I'd love to figure a way for dh to stay home and me continue working from home, big problem being that would take away our benefits and with my arthritis, medication costs are upwards of $300 a month. That and our adoption plans would be for sure be put on hold likely permanently as we would not be able to afford 15 grand to adopt on only my income.
So for those of you from the TTC boards, Heve and I had dinner Friday night with Jesse, of Jesse & Beth (Wan2bemama) We had a fantastic time, lots of laughter and great food
On the question of my rhuematoligist and how many cases like mine she handles, I've thought alot about this. Since about week 12, she's seemed like she was just frustrated with me because my arthritis did not go into remission this pregnancy. I can remember speaking with her on the phone and getting the feeling she thought I was faking or something, then when she saw me she was quite shocked at just how much swelling there was in my joints and spent 20 min telling me how she'd never seen me this flared and I need to be more responsible and contact them when I'm in bad shape--I did call--I was just brushed off as if it wasn't serious!!! My mother also pointed out with her pushing for c-section that the hospital she works out of is well known for their knife happy OB's so maybe it's just what she knows. At any rate, I spoke at length about with my OB and she really wants me to just let it go for now. She has promised that if there is a need for a c-section she will not go back on her deal of 1) no drape so I can see 2) baby on my chest to be looked over & 3) delayed cord clamping. She said the only thing that would make her not do any of those things is if there is a life threatening situation. She said the condition of my hips completely aside, her only reason to even offer c-section to me is that because I HAVE to be induced and induced and early, inductions when the body is not really ready tend to fail and recovery from failed induction turned c-section is harder than recovery from planned c-section. She also said i can change my mind right to the last minute. So I guess I feel better, my blood pressure has been much better all weekend.
Anyway, my truck is full of groceries so I'm gonna go unload now.
#5 of 97 Old 11-15-2004, 12:14 AM

Hi All! Busy weekend for everyone here, it seems - glad I don't have pages and pages to catch up on!

Lesley - no, no, no - please don't apologize. I do believe the thread was quiet because not many of us were online. Your fears and feelings are real, and you were honest - thanks for sharing.

Here, we had an absolutely gorgeous November weekend - so sunny!! We were busy with house, errands, and family stuff. Plus, today we got out for a great 8 km walk out in the country. Doggy was in heaven!

Well, it's getting past my bedtime - I'll check back tomorrow!
#6 of 97 Old 11-15-2004, 01:31 AM

Hey, Mamas! Just stopping in to say hi. Welcome Kimba!

Hope you are all feeling good these days. I'm feeling a lil' bit pregnant! Just a lil' bit! I actually feel like he's going to burst right out of my belly sometimes because he's already outgrown it. 2 and a 1/2 more months! Wow!

Have a great week everybody!
#7 of 97 Old 11-15-2004, 11:47 AM

Happy Monday everyone... figured I'd pop on while my car thawed. I *cannot* wait for our garage door to get replaced so I can park inside again.

Welcome Kimba... jump on in...
#8 of 97 Old 11-15-2004, 11:58 AM

Hi Everyone! Hope you all had a great weekend. Mine was fun.

Saturday was my birthday so we went out for breakfast with my parents and then that night me and DH went out to dinner just the two of us! It was really nice, we went to one of our favorite restaurants and had a yummy meal. Then after we went to my IL's house (the kids stayed with them while we ate dinner) and had cake. My favorite - white cake, white frosting and rasberry filling. Yummmmmmmm.

I know this is probably hormonal but I'm really kind of hurt though - not one of my friends called to wish me a Happy Birthday and I didn't get any cards from friends either. I know one friend told me my card would be late so I know I'm getting at least one but it just kind of hurt that no one cared enough to call or even e-mail me. OK pitty fest is over, just had to whine for a moment.

Great for nature studies! http://www.pleinairkids.com
Plein Air Kids - Handmade wooden art boxes for Budding Artists.
#9 of 97 Old 11-15-2004, 12:08 PM
tug

welcome kimba! btw, i loooove bookcrossing. i think it's such a great idea. unfortunately, i haven't released in a while - limited mobility made it difficult and then just laziness made it impossible.

lousli - you absolutely did not scare us away! it was a great and honest post. i do think that there are different things that the two parents are better at. your dh may be better at the sitting in the house playing, but you may be better at thinking up fun things to get out of the house and do. i imagine that being a teacher, you have lots of creative ideas. of course, the other thing that you may not be taking into account is how tired you have been after working all day for the past months before taking off. i find that i get bored/frustrated with james when i am a. otherwise tired, or b. worried about something else i have to do. it's different when your job is being with them. of course, i say all of this from a position of very limited knowledge. i've worked for most of the time since james was born.

shannon - yay for your ob. i hope things will go smoothly and it won't even be an issue. you'd be surprised at what your body can do. i had a car accident a couple of years before james was born and broke my back and pelvis (well, technically, the car slamming into me broke them). i never thought to mention it to my ob, but after the birth, dh said something and the ob was like, "ack! maybe we should have known." but my body did the birth, even with the pitocin (that's an inducing thing, right?). i hope you can do the birth the way you want. have you tried visualizing? that's one thing i've been working on. somehow it seems like it might help.

glad everybody had nice weekends and some good weather for loooong walks!

we had a nice weekend. we've got company so lots of entertaining.

terenia
#10 of 97 Old 11-15-2004, 12:44 PM

Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday Dear Kitty
Happy Birthday to Yoooouuuuuu

Not here long, have a massage appt in an hour and need to drop Lola the farting bulldog off at her house before I go.
Will check back soon.
#11 of 97 Old 11-15-2004, 01:24 PM

Happy Birthday Kitty. I find that as I grow older I have such a hard time dealing with things like holidays and birthdays. Birthdays especially, because they were more important than holidays in my family and my DH doesn't really make much of them. I think it's been four years since I've had a birthday cake and last year was super hard because I was totally alone (DH was in Iraq). I've kind of gotten over it, but it still bothers me from time to time because no one really remembers when my b-day is...of course I don't really remember when my friends' are either so I guess we're even.

I had a very busy weekend (incl. Thus and Fri cause DH was off) but managed to ruin a perfectly good Sunday by ripping off my pinkie nail. Don't ask me how...I somehow hooked it on DH's jeans and RIP there it went. It's still kinda hanging on but it hurts really badly and I am having a hard time typing. It's just my luck...I don't want to tempt the fates, but what next? LOL...anyways...better get off now. I have GOT to finish this cross stitch I'm doing for my pg friend. She's decorating her nursery in a Noah's Ark theme and I found a cute cross stitch to do and if I don't get started I'll never get it finished in time...I only have 8 weeks...actually less since her shower is next month...EEK!

Better run...hope you all have a good day today.

Monica - single mama to DS nono02.gifand DD blowkiss.gif

#12 of 97 Old 11-15-2004, 01:39 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Good morning everyone! Just thought I would stop in and say hello! Happy birthday to Kitty!! Hope all is well with everyone. My house is a mess and my laundry is piled up as usaul! I swear it never ends!! Better go! Have a nice day all!!

Life is to be enjoyed...not just endured!
#13 of 97 Old 11-15-2004, 01:40 PM

I have to babysit today and tomorrow. I have nothing ready for our trip to FL on Wednesday morning, so I'lll be busy. We'll be gone for two weeks and it will be nice to visit with family for the holiday.

I had a dream last night that for some reason, Chloe was with my little brother and his wife at a condo. I called to check on her and they didn't know where she was. My brother said, "I think she's in the parking lot" I was so upset in my dream that she was playing in the parking lot by herself. I think I have an underlying fear that DH and I are the only ones that are capable of keeping Chloe safe. We rarely ever leave her with a sitter. We've just started, in the past few months, putting her in the nursury at church on Sundays. My church does backround checks and fingerprinting on all it's nursery workers and has video cameras in the room. That makes me feel better.

Anyway, welcome to the new people. Jump right in, we are a friendly group. Don't have time for personals. I'll try to get back later today. Take care!

Love, Tricia
#14 of 97 Old 11-15-2004, 01:53 PM

Hi everyone!

I officially enter my third trimester today. Today is also a big milestone because on exactly this day in my last pregnancy, I was contracting so much (with bad cervical funneling) I was put on strict bedrest and even had to attend my baby shower lying down. Anyway, it feels good to get past this first milestone of I hope many MANY more to come.

Lousli - Another for you. You gave a voice to the same concerns I think any mama deals with, whether or not she ultimately decides to return to work. I am one who worries about the financial angle of my not working so went back to work part-time when dd and ds turned 1. I have absolutely NO idea what I'm going to do this time, and have been avoiding thinking about it to be honest. Good for you for being proactive and working through this stuff yourself and with your dh!

Kimba - Welcome! We are pretty chatty but just jump right in.

Joy - Stay. Away. From. TP. Diapers. Move away from your screen slooooowly. I have gotten sucked in there from time to time too (though admit to getting some good stuff). And your belly pic is beautiful! You DO look pregnant now! No more "is she or isn't she" from strangers I guess.

Shannon - It sounds like you have a terrific OB who is willing to try to work with your natural goals but still manage your complex, high-risk delivery really safely. Also, great news on your nice low BP this weekend, what a relief! When you say they will induce you early, do you mean like 36 or 37 weeks? I think I told you before my dd and ds were born 2 months early and even a few weeks past that (35, 36 weeks) would make such a HUGE difference. Any chance they'll let you get to that point?

Heve - Beautiful weather here too. Isn't it freezing in Canada now or is that some mid-Atlantic myth?! It's been sunny and lovely here, but brrrrrr... and this is Washington D.C.!!

Tracie - What a beautiful belly pic! You have such a nice round belly and are absolutely glowing!

Kitty - : : : : Your cake sounds delicious. That's my favorite too - in fact, we did that for our wedding cake!

Tug - Glad to see you're back in full swing. A weekend of entertaining no less. You sure don't waste any time!

Shyly - ARRRGGH! I am in pain for you! I'm so sorry. Ouch!
#15 of 97 Old 11-15-2004, 01:56 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi everyone!
Jesse from the April board here (otherwise known as she of the big belly :LOL -see Heve's babiesonline site!)
Just wanted to say 'hi' and that it was SO MUCH FUN to meet Hevea & Shannon on Friday night. They are sooo much fun in real person. Hopefully we didn't scare of the other diners or wait staff too much with all our talk of sperm, IUIs, sex and pepper grinders!

hope the rest of your pregnancies are great, everyone! enjoy the home stretch!
#16 of 97 Old 11-15-2004, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Periwinkle
Kitty - Your cake sounds delicious. That's my favorite too - in fact, we did that for our wedding cake! :
That was our wedding cake too!!!

Congrats on entering the third trimester!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
: : : :

#17 of 97 Old 11-15-2004, 02:09 PM

And happy week!

Kitty: Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!

Lousli: I don't think you overwhelmed anyone, we just didn't see it till this morning. Weekends are busy around here. If we don't have a boatload of stuff to do then it is Disney here we come every Sunday it seems. Yesterday was a "boatload of stuff to do" kind of day though. I hear you about the fears about becoming an SAHM. Being a SAHM can be really difficult emotionally. I worry about how I will do it with 2. 1 seems to be all I can handle and more some days, so I know what you mean.

Not much to report from here. I hit 25 weeks yesterday, so I'm just 2 weeks away from the 3rd trimester. My SIL arrives on Wednesday which means a major drive (1 1/2-2 hours each way depending on traffic) to go and get her. That on the heels of a baby shower we needed to drive the same distance for this past weekend, and my favorite Waldorf festival of the year, which is the same distance next weekend. And I have to drive or I will hurl.
#18 of 97 Old 11-15-2004, 02:23 PM

Is anyone having major nesting kick in? I decided that the little kimono shirts that the midwife wants the baby in the first week just weren't cute enough so i've been embroidering teddy bears and such on them. And I'm now up to 6 hand embroidered baby bibs in 2 weeks. And I'm really wanting to make my own recieving blankets... its just flannel squares hemmed (anyone want to measure one of theirs for me and get me the right measurements pretty please????).... And i'm off work from the 19-29th of this month, so am planning to wash and organize all the baby clothes i've got thusfar... was thinking about getting some rubbermaid boxes and sorting by size....

and i'm trying to not buy dipes and covers... really i am... but i got SUCH a good deal (4 sm fuzzibuns, 4 jb inserts, and 4 assorted covers... for $59).... that trading post is more dangerous than ebay. lol....
#19 of 97 Old 11-15-2004, 02:36 PM

RE: nesting...

Am I ever. I have almost finished setting up the baby's room.

(Note: yes we will be cosleeping for the first 6 maybe more months but plan to compromise a bit and have the baby eventually sleep next door (literally 5 feet away) after that point. Our bed/bedrooms are teeny and I also want the baby to be able to nap occasionally in a quiet place so I can have some mama time with dd and ds. OK... end of AP guilt self-justification rant )

ANYWAY... dh painted the little room a beautiful butter yellow and dd and ds have been "helping" me set it up -- burp cloths next to the rocking chair, folding teeny little diapers stacked on the changing table, getting the old baby rattles/toys out of the attic and putting them in a basket. Because it's such a small room, there's no full-height closet and instead there's a bay of built-in painted bookshelves. I'm hanging 2 pairs of curtains which will cover two of the bays and the other shelf left open will have little baskets in it for storage.

Joy I would love to embroider those little kimonos! I wish I were more crafty in the sewing/knitting area but feel all thumbs with that stuff. Where did you find them? I haven't seen those old-fashioned kimonos anywhere.
#20 of 97 Old 11-15-2004, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtchyhlr
I'm really wanting to make my own recieving blankets... its just flannel squares hemmed (anyone want to measure one of theirs for me and get me the right measurements pretty please?
Joy - here are the measurements from one of my blankets: 32" x 32"

Monica - single mama to DS nono02.gifand DD blowkiss.gif

#21 of 97 Old 11-15-2004, 02:49 PM

RE: Nesting - yep, been on a serious cleaning spree (which I'm enjoying!), no dust or laundry has been left untouched. :LOL

#22 of 97 Old 11-15-2004, 03:10 PM

Ooh, thanks Monica
Periwinkle - these kimono's came in part of a big ole box of baby clothes i got off ebay. I have actually seen some online, i thought, let me go dig and see if i can find what i'm talkinga bout, maybe they're different than what i'm describing....

okay, here's the url for what i'm calling Kimonos'.. .they call them snap shirts... go figure:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...I3Q56TSL92FLLH
#23 of 97 Old 11-15-2004, 03:12 PM

I wish I was nesting more, but my night class is demanding too much attention.

All the baby clothes in my possession are washed, and I have been trying to clean out my own closets. My stack of decorating magazines is dwindling - I'm furiously going through those, ripping out the articles and pictures I might use, and preparing to pass along the rest. The little projects are getting my attention - the big ones are too daunting right now.

I've been thinking about doing some creative iron-ons or embroidery on the plain onsies I've picked up.

Bridget. Momma to DD (4), expecting DS - 9/09, wife to SAHD. Gardener, coffee addict, urban dweller.
#24 of 97 Old 11-15-2004, 04:23 PM

Holy chatty morning!!!!
Peri--tsk tsk, Washington is really no warmer than Canada!!! It is an absolutely beautiful day today, about 6 degrees out nice and sunny with no wind.
Jesse!! Glad to see you're home safely Yeah, I'd forgotten about the possibility that we'd frightened some other patrons!!! There's the three of us in the dining room of a fairly nice italian restaurant gabbing about inseminations, sperm collections, sex in general--and then there was Heve, shamelessly complementing our waiter on his "big pepper grinder"
No real nesting here--but things are getting done anyway
Take care all, sleepy after my massage so I think I'll go lay down for a bit!
#25 of 97 Old 11-15-2004, 04:39 PM

ok, I am going to try to keep up...

Happy birthday, Kitty!!! : Sorry you're feeling blue about the lack of attention...

Had a great time on Friday evening with Shannon and Jesse (posted a pic online - go to "More Photos" off my babiesonline site) - we got silly and gabby and had a lovely meal. Life lesson of the evening: Next time I will go with my gut and order the first desert that strikes my fancy...

Welcome Kimba! C'mon in, the water's fine!

Monica - ouch, ouch, ouch!!! yikes, that sounded awful! feeling better today?

Peri - 3rd trimester, wowie!! congrats!! May this one continue yet for some time... stay put, baby - you've got a nice, warm place to be for a while! I saw kimono shirts at the gap online. As for the weather...ummmm, actually, the weather varies quite a bit...Where I live today we have sunny skies and 11° C (59 ° F), while in Halifax, where I have family, it's 1 ° (34° F) and there was a snowstorm yesterday. And in cites farther north than where I am, they've had snow already.

wow, go girls, on the nesting!!! Nothing here yet.
#26 of 97 Old 11-15-2004, 04:39 PM

he did have a very large pepper grinder.
#27 of 97 Old 11-15-2004, 05:10 PM

Very large pepper grinder.... :LOL

H,S, and J --I'm green with envy the three of you got together! I saw the pics on your website -- what fun that must have been! Hi Jesse! I'm so thrilled to see you so round in the belly!!!! Yay!!!!! I hope the rest of your pregnancy continues to be blissfully uneventful! I'm so happy we're all getting our much-longed-for babes. Now we just have to get Korin, Alexis, and Adina over here, too.

Kimba -- looking forward to your intro. (BTW, I loved the quote from your daughter in you sig!)

Kitty -- : : : : and (((hugs)))) Birthdays are immensely important to me -- I grew up in a family that made a big, lovely deal out of them and I continue the tradition. My dh knows he should treat my bday as a national holiday . I'm sorry your friends had belated wishes for you!

Lesley -- I was actually very touched by the raw honesty in your post. It is something I've worried about. I LOVE babies, but to be honest, I've never been much of a "kid person" and often wonder if I'll have the patience to constantly play and entertain. Anyway, big hugs to you.

Shannon -- I'm impressed with your ob working with you so well. BTW, my SIL just had a Ceasaren birth after a "failed inducement" and she recovered farily quickly and is doing very well. I know everyone's different, but thought you might like to hear a nice story instead of a scary one.

I'm jealous of you nesting mamas! I've been doing a lot of thinking about nesting, but not the actual nesting. Oh please kick in soon, please kick in soon...

Sooooo, I just came back from my first LLL meeting -- where I met some great women. It was so nice getting support for my planned homebirth instead of "what are you crazy?" It's really a great bunch of like-minded women and I already learned a lot....BUT, for some reason, once I got home I started crying! I guess I'm feeling overwhelmed at all the changes that have already taken place (in my life, my routine, my body, etc) and am anxious about all the continuing changes. Granted they're all beautiful, wonderful changes and I wouldn't want it any other way... but it's still scary. Perhaps I was also a bit scared of the group of loud toddlers that made hearing more than al little difficult. I LOVED the babies...but toddlers and little kids...I don't know how to relate yet. So, yes! I'm SCARED!

I just had some chocolate, so I'm sure I'll feel better soon.

Monica -- yikes! I lost a toenail before a couple of years ago and it freaked me out and grossed me out to no end! I hope yours grows back very soon!

Okay, now that I've vented I should go. Hugs and love all around...

computergeek2.gif  Spirit Baby Intuitive (and really cool chick)

#28 of 97 Old 11-15-2004, 05:36 PM

Thanx everyone for the birthday wishes I know I was totally being a big baby about none of my friends calling, I apologize for sounding whiney and needy. I'm just always so careful to always send people cards and b-day wishes that I guess it just hurt that no one thought of me as well. But my pitty party is over - I feel better now!

Shannon - your "Lola the farting bulldog comment" totally had me cracking up. We had a bulldog named Dottie before and boy was she a stinker. :LOL

Shyly - yucko on the nail incident, gave me the shivers - blah. Sorry you went through that.

Kate - I've yet to go to my first LLL meeting but I keep thinking I'm going to! Of course I would have one of those screaming toddlers with me so maybe that's what is keeping me away.... hehehehehe. I don't really need help with any bf'ing issue but I'd like to meet some like-minded women and I thought that would be a good place to find them. I think we are ALL going through moments of being scared whether we've been there before or not. This is my fourth and I still have moments where I'm terrified. It's all totally normal. Once that baby is in your arms you will be totally in love and you WILL handle everything just fine.

Kitty

#29 of 97 Old 11-15-2004, 05:41 PM

Hi ladies,

How's everyone doing?

Lousli, I did read your post over the weekend, but just didn't get a chance to respond. Dh's nesting instinct has gone into over drive, just as mine has, but I am much more freaked out about whether we will have everything done in time, so we had our hands full trying to start and complete all the projects that are going on around here.

I was really amazed to hear your honesty in you post. It was very brave of you to open up and spill it all out there for all of us to read. Being a SAHM who has found the transition both easy and difficult at the same time, I sympathise with you.
I had a mini meltdown a couple of weeks ago, as I lost my temper with dd and shouted at her and felt like a terrible mother, and as I rocked her to sleep, I cried my eyes out.
Infact I felt like I was crying the whole day.
I have been crying quite a lot lately actually!!
I do feel that sometimes Dh would do a better job at staying at home than I am doing, but then also it has it's rewards too.
I really feel strongly that many people percieve the stay at home role to be something almost cushy and taking the easy option out, rather than going to work, and having been in the trenches for 2 years, that opinion really p*sses me off.
Sometimes I do question my decision , but I would not have anyone else looking after her, and they are so little for such a short period of time, I just try to adjust and remember that.

I hope that this makes sense as I am trying to type really fast and get all my thoughts down, in a coherent manner!!!Dd is waking up, so I have to go, but hope you come to a decision that will work for you and your family and thanks for sharing.

Have a good day everyone, we are off to a birthday party , I do hope there will be a big cake, as my appetite has gone crazy!!!!!!

Me and Dh partners.gif, Dd1bouncy.gif  Dd2dust.gif,Ds1joy.gif, 2flowerkitty.gif, 2hamster.jpgand lots of goldfish.gif

#30 of 97 Old 11-15-2004, 06:49 PM

OK Shannon and Heve, I stand corrected on my Yankee misperception of Canada. I will stop imagining both of you in Ugg boots and down-filled parkas cross-country skiing to the grocery store in August.

(Of course Shannon when you said it was a beautiful 6 degrees I almost dug myself deeper into the hole by thinking you meant 6 degrees *Farenheit* and that you must be mighty optimistic. :LOL

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page