Mama2Chloe (Tricia) due 25 Feb #2
Threeforme2005 (Traci) due Feb 25
artgirl (Kelly) #2 Feb. 26
munki'sMom (Tammy), baby #2 due Feb 26
woolfairy (Elle) due Feb 27, baby #2 homebirth
Maprilynne (Aprilynne) due Feb 28, birth center
KateSt. Late Feb. Homebirth
4Given (Stacey) due end of Feb

For those of us who partake, please have a safe and happy Christmas!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2004, 11:34 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Good morning. It snowed last night. It was so beautiful. I sat down in my big chair, turned off all but the porch light, and watched the big flakes sift down. There was a nice dusting by the time I went to bed last night, but when I got up at the ungodly hour of 6:15 (thanks bladder) the grassy areas weren't really covered anymore . It was pretty for a time though.

I'm pretty much going to hibernate today. I have some packages to mail and that's it...it's too cold for me to venture forth (30 degrees!). I had an insane burst of energy yesterday...I did about six loads of laundry, cleaned the house, mopped and vacuumed, cooked dinner, and wrapped all but three presents. I'm so proud of myself. I did it over the course of the day so it wasn't too much of a strain either...I haven't been that active in a while. DH was amazed to see me huffing up and down the stairs with basket after basket and watched me as I not only folded, but put away all the laundry. I feel so accomplished. Now if I could have a few more weeks of energy like that I'll have this house whipped into shape. Well I'd better run. The tile guy should be here in a minute and I've got to get something a little better than a bath robe on.

Monica - single mama to DS nono02.gifand DD blowkiss.gif

Old 12-20-2004, 11:52 AM - Thread Starter

It's very chilly here too, -22 right now brrrrr. My cat is quite pissed off that I won't let him outside.
I had a small maternity temper tantrum yesterday. I was driving home from grocery shopping and there was an accident up ahead on the highway that had things closed. My personal huge pet peeve is people who think they can then drive on the shoulder to get where they have to go! I mean, what makes their schedule more important than mine?? We're all stuck here, the shoulder needs to stay clear for emergency vehicles and inevitably they end up causing another accident, further screwing up traffic!! So most of the idiots back off when faced with a pickup truck who pulls onto the shoulder just enough to block their path but some idiot in a pontiac sunfire (yeah, big pickup vs your wee tin box--sure you could win--give it a try...) When I won't get out of his way he rolls down his window and yells at me "I'm almost out of gas you fat b!tch" (hmmm, yes this is definitly the best approach to make a pregnant woman see your point of view) Me:"well, you must be just kicking yourself now then", Him: "Get out of my way or I'll ram your stupid truck", Me: "Go ahead, you'll be at fault and with idiots like you blocking the shoulder, it'll take a while for the cops to get here", Him: "You stupid cow, I have a Christmas party to get to", Me: "I'm pregnant, have to pee and I'm stuck in a truck with a farting dog-who's life is more important now????" at this time a guy bigger than my truck walked out to the shoulder and told little sunfire guy that he had better get off the damn shoulder and wait with the rest of us or he'd pick up the guys car and throw it over the embankment. Pregnant lady cheers The funny thing is taht when we all got off at the next exit, the guy didn't pull into the gas station--I guess he wasn't that low after all...
Old 12-20-2004, 11:52 AM
tug

morning everybody - it sounds like lots of us had energetic weekends!! yay! after so many sluggish and tired days.

i did a bunch of nesting stuff yesterday too. i moved some furniture around to sort of clear the living room a bit. i straightened, cleaned the kitchen, finished the christmas decorating in my dad's apartment, helped him write all of his christmas cards (he needs reminding a bit as to who some of his friends are -- "you know, so and so with the two daughters that we met when we were living..."), wrapped all the presents (phew!) and realized that dh bought all of his own presents for his birthday today (oops!), sorted clothes and baby things in ten boxes for storage in the attic, and folded and put away four loads of laundry. ack! i feel sooooo accomplished! but now it will be hard to work. i think i am in full nesting mode and can only think of all the junk i need to do at home.

tricia - i agree, usually all of my excess energy goes to ds. he took a looong nap yesterday morning, though!

:-)

have a good day everyone!

terenia
Old 12-20-2004, 12:01 PM

Shannon, Oh, Queen of Confrontation, I bow to thee! Good for you!!!!!
(I tend to block the shoulders so people can't get around too, but my little car isn't that intimidating).

Susan -- so nice to hear about your day yesterday. It is wonderful to find wonderful clothes that fit AND make you feel good, isn't it? I have a closet full of maternity clothes, but only a couple of outfits that I feel really good in.
Seems like I'm constantly shopping.

Cold, you want to hear cold? It was 3 degrees (F) here this am when I woke up! It snowed, I had cancellations today, and I'm all snuggled down for the storm and now the sun's coming out! I really wanted a storm!!!!

So, have your husbands put their ears to your bellies yet? My dh is able to hear our baby's heartbeat, hear him swimming around, and also hear his hiccups (baby's been getting a lot of those lately!). And baby really responds to dh's voice when pressed against my belly. It's been so much fun!

Have a good Monday everyone!

computergeek2.gif  Spirit Baby Intuitive (and really cool chick)

Old 12-20-2004, 12:20 PM
tug

shannon - we cross posted. you are too funny! you go girl!!!

Old 12-20-2004, 12:23 PM - Thread Starter

Oh man, life just doesn't get any better (or worse!) So the young dog Bedlam is what we call a self cleaning dog, she has an addiction to eating poo. It's been better lately as I've been following her out and cleaning up after her before she can turn around and gulp things down, but this morning was too cold and I wasn't dressed and they were jumping at the door--I admit though, I didn't notice she stank when she came in. So I'm sitting here at the computer, surprised at how well behaved all the dogs are being since it is too cold to excercise them until the sun warms things up a bit. Suddenly, Bedlam jumps down from the couch (thank GOD!) runs over to the very expensive dog bed and hurls all over it, also hitting the wall, the carpet and the dog toy box. I go over and get within 10 feet and proceed to puke myself from the disgusting smell. I put her outside in case she needs to puke again and go to light some incense. I ended up waking Steve up to come and clean up the mess (which of course consisted of him taking all the puke covered stuff down to the basement-but at least he washed the wall and cleaned the little bit she got on the carpet)
Oh so gross, so gross, so gross...anyone want a dog???
Old 12-20-2004, 12:28 PM

Hi, guys!
It's so funny how we all do things at the same time. So much for free will! It's all planned out by our hormones. I spent 4 hours yesterday cleaning out and organizing Kinzi's room. I also did tons of laundry.

It was 5 degrees at 7am here. (SE Ohio) It's only supposed to get up to 25 today. Not enjoyable for a Texan! : If we were all snowed in it would be one thing, but we still have to get out and take care of business.

I can't believe how close we're getting to the finish line! I couldn't sleep last night for thinking about how much I need to get done as soon as Christmas is over.

Kate~ We haven't tried that yet! Now I can't wait for Mike to get home tonight so he can eavesdrop on our little guy. I have a stethescope I should try to listen with again. I bet I can hear the heartbeat with that now.

Well, I don't get on here much anymore (ebay is evil addictive!) but I hope you all are doing great. Drink your water, eat your greens, and enjoy the last few weeks!
Happy Holidays!
Old 12-20-2004, 12:33 PM

Good Morning and Happy Monday.....
here's hoping this will be a very very quiet week at work...

Shannon - you crack me up.
Old 12-20-2004, 12:34 PM

Subscribing!

Amy - Blessed wife to Jesse (the best dad in the world), mother of 10 on earth plus 8 in heaven.   PROUD to be a Catholic! : winner.jpg familybed2.gifhomeschool.gif

Old 12-20-2004, 12:48 PM

Shannon you are awesome! I can't wait to tell dh about this! That is his biggest pet peeve too!

Amy - Blessed wife to Jesse (the best dad in the world), mother of 10 on earth plus 8 in heaven.   PROUD to be a Catholic! : winner.jpg familybed2.gifhomeschool.gif

Old 12-20-2004, 01:53 PM

SO if you guys are all on cleaning sprees now, that should mean I'll be getting off my a$$ sometime around New Years? YAY! I still feel like a slug right now!
Saturday night, DH's car doors/locks/latches (SOMEthing in there, anyway) froze up completely, leaving him stranded at work until I could come get him. Yesterday, we managed to get the door open (the back one - my 6'4" DH had to crawl from the back seat to the front in a Caddy DeVille :LOL) so he could drive the stupid thing home, but the doors have been so unreliable lately that he can't drive it anymore until the temperature goes up a bit. (It's 10 deg F right now)
Then this morning, I wake up to ask DH if I need to drive him to work, and discover that the water had frozen. With all of our diapers & wipes dirty, and me having planned to bake cookies/wash dishes all day.
So I had to get kids ready & pack up all of my cookie-making stuff and diapers to get J to work before we all headed over to my mom's, where I am now.

And I still don't feel like doing ANYTHING.
Old 12-20-2004, 01:54 PM

Shannon: You go girl!!!

Tug: I wish Chloe took long naps. I'm pretty luck if I get an hour out of her once a day. It's been about 30 min lately. By the time I get her to sleep and lay her down, I only have a few minutes to get something done. I have been inviting the neighbor girl (she's 5) over to play with Chloe and that gets Chloe out from under my feet.

I have to go to the post office and go to the store to pick a few things up. I want to get all my running around done before this afternoon so I can take a nap with Chloe. She woke up at 6:15 so hopefully we can take a good hour nap or so.

Well, I'll get back with you all later.

Tricia
Old 12-20-2004, 04:49 PM

:LOL Shannon! That's something I'd so do. I have no patience for asshole drivers and I've gotten myself into a couple of conflicts with other people. DH has it figured that I'll be getting shot any day now. As for the dog puking poo...mine likes kitty poo and let me tell you that I totally feel your pain. It's been a while since she's gotten in the box, but I can still remember the smell of kitty tootsie roll puke. gag.

It's soooo cold. I know my 30 is nothing compared to your really cold temps, but sheesh...it's cold. I wish that the snow could have stayed around. DH is on half day schedules and he's home now so I can't update much because we're going to go run some errands and mail off some last minute christmas packages.

I also really need to mail out the beads for the bead exchange...I'm just too lazy to do it today. Maybe tomorrow...

Monica - single mama to DS nono02.gifand DD blowkiss.gif

Old 12-20-2004, 05:20 PM

I've been sitting here watching my stomach dance under my sweater. This is so WEIRD
Old 12-20-2004, 05:23 PM

Happy Monday ladies!

Brrrr is right. 4 degrees F here this AM (Wash D.C.). It's right at 20 now. I had a midwife appt at 8:30 this morning and man was is cold!

Here were my questions/answers this AM:

Q. Pain in lower left side / general abdominal aches esp. in evening. Could the achiness be a problem? ---> A. It is caused by round ligaments stretching, pubic symphasis (sp?) splitting , and the fun of a formerly transverse baby who has now turned head down putting additional pressure down there. In other words, get used to it.

Q. Measuring 2 weeks ahead. What does this MEAN ? ---> A. You have been measuring between 1 and 2 weeks ahead consistently since 24 weeks. It doesn't mean anything, just that your baby is a little bigger than average, you may have a little more fluid (but still in normal range), and that's just how you carry babies. If it were to jump up suddenly we'd send you for a sono to check amnio fluid, etc. but it's consistent over time.

That was it for this time!

I have ANOTHER biweekly cervical sono this Wednesday. I'll be interested in how my cervix looks now.... I am just getting over a nasty virus where I had awful coughing fits, and with the baby now heads down and pressing on my cervix too. :

I am off this whole week, home with dd and ds. I am sooo excited for this, because I love big chunks of time home with them - I usually work M-W 9-3 and am home every afternoon and all day Thurs and Fri, but it isn't the same as one big week with them all to myself. Buuuuut... at the same time (and AP gods feel free to strike me down for saying this) taking care of them is a whole heck of a lot more stressful on my body than sitting at my desk chair on the days I'm in the office. I have been having more BH and more lower belly aches and pains that I have yet. Plus, we had company this past weekend and have been busy every day practically anyway with holiday preparations, that I've not had nearly enough true rest.

So on Thursday, MIL comes to town until next week, and she doesn't know it yet, but she's going to be doing a lot of work! :LOL I am so ready to hunker down post-xmas and do NOTHING it's not even funny!
Old 12-20-2004, 05:36 PM
tug

has anybody else had some kind of awful awful itching on their arms and legs (and now little red bumps)? usually i think it's just the dry air from the heater, but this is making me nuts. anybody else have it? i'm trying olive oil and that seems to be helping a bit but still.

oh gosh, the poo and kitty poo puking is taking me back. ugh. luckily, old scoob is too old to get into too much trouble now. she just poops anywhere she wants though, from the back landing to the ground RIGHT below the last step off from the porch.

sorry about the cold weather everywhere - dying cars and freezing pipes. yikes! we may get a snow flurry for christmas! woo hoo! and it's going to be 70 tomorrow. weird weird weather here.
Old 12-20-2004, 05:44 PM - Thread Starter

Oh Tug, I have the ithcing!!! It's horrible on my arms, just horrible!!! I've scratched myself to bleeding a few times now!! I will try the olive oil, although my massage therapist uses olive oil for massages and it was worst after my last massage, so maybe I'll just stick to what I've been doing so far.
Sprinkling corn starch on it seems to cool it down for me.
Old 12-20-2004, 05:49 PM

You ladies CRACK ME UP!

KateSt.... my dh hasn't tried belly listening yet, but he climbs into bed with me and demands that my belly rest up next to his back so he can wake up every time he/she kicks... well, unless Emilio is already in bed with me, which he usually is...

Shannon0218, your tempertantrum was HILARIOUS! That should definately go in a baby book somewhere. I have been having dog problems too, though not like yours. My dog ran away on Thursday morning and didn't come back... (she has done this before on dark mornings because she is a black dog and she BLENDS). In the past, though, she always came home within a couple of hours. Anyway, I kept going to the pound (they only keep "strays" for 72 hours and then put them to sleep) and looking for her. She is super sweet, but really dumb.. anyway, she FINALLY was returned to us on Sat night, a family down the street saw our "lost dog" signs and brought her back. Apparently they are anti pound people (I sorta am too), and had grabbed her as she had run past their house. Still, it would have been nice if they had returned her earlier. I put an ad in the paper right away, and filled out the lost dog form with the pound AND friends of pets. All they had to do was call one of those three places. I kind of think they wanted to keep her for Christmas except that I ended up posting a sign RIGHT outside their door.

By the way, a coworker whose daughter is the Iditarod Junior Champion once told me something about pets that eat their own poo. (He has a LOT of dogs). He said it is a bacterial problem that the dog is experiencing, so they eat their poo to try to balance it. If you feed your dog yogurt, it should stop. (worth a try, anyway).
Old 12-20-2004, 05:51 PM

..she wanted me to let y'all know that she won't be about for a day or ten (most likely "a" day) as she is in hospital with contractions that don't seem to want to stop (brought on by food poisoning related acky). She is well-ish, and Hazel is well, and unborn. She'll fill you in when she gets home. Again, prolly tomorrow.
Best,
Old 12-20-2004, 06:13 PM

Lousli's husband, thank you for keeping us updated. I am so sorry to hear you all going through this stress, but very glad to hear little Hazel is still hanging in there.

Please remind Lesley, to make her (and you) feel better, that my dd and ds were born at 31+1 weeks and were absolutely fine. Every day counts and even just a week or two more is all you need to ensure no long-term problems at all.

Old 12-20-2004, 06:30 PM

OK, absolutely no burst of energy today. I've been in the worst mood so maybe that's why. I've got ten kids in the house so that doesn't help either. I'm fighting with dh about the baby's name. I really want to name him after my dad. My dad has done and does SO much for us. We would have gone under financially and many other ways a million times if it wasn't for him. Dh's "dad" left him when he was six and he has not seen him since. He grew up fatherless. My dad considers dh his son and treats him better than my brother and I, LOL. Plus, I've given in on all the kid's names until now. This is our sixth, and possibly last, baby. I really want to do this. It's not like he has a horrible name. My dad's name is Gary. That's not awful, is it? Gary Joseph would be the baby's name. Our other kid's names are Brandon, Hannah, Owen, Katie, and Jackson. I think it would fit well. Anyway, thanks for letting me vent.

It's ultra cold here too. We're just hanging out inside. Too cold for even the dog to be out for more than five minutes at a time.

Old 12-20-2004, 07:33 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hello ladies, new to the weekly post. Im Jennie from Arizona and Due Feb 11.

Just looking for some pregger moms to share the experience with, I live in a pretty small town and mostly retirement age demographic.

Enjoyed reading all the other posts...seems I have had a burst of cleaning energy as well last couple days. But now back at work it seems to have subsided. lol

My 3 year old, soon to be 4 year old has kept me laughing the last few days. He's very interested in how this baby is going to get OUTof mommy's tummy. U made the mistake of telling him thats why mommy's pee pee's are different from boys, cause thats where the babies come out. He caught me off guard and I spoke without thinking...ugh! So last night he says...Mom, when the baby comes out of your peepee will she get wet? LOL I just roared with laughter....all I could say was well yeah, the baby is in mommy's tummy in a big sac of water and when she comes out she will be wet. I reassured him I would wash her really good after.....LOL. Poor kid....he is a constant source of love and humor, can't wait to see what this little girl brings. Any better ideas of what I could tell my son? I know I blew it.

Glad everyone seems to be in good spirits for the most part.

Looking forward to talking to you ladies.

Oh, on the road rage thing ...lol. You know you say too much about the idiots on the road to yourself when everytime you get in the car your son says...mom, I hope there are not too many idiots on the road today. LOL. I feel for your road tantrum....but man THERE ARE some annoying and inconsiderate people on the road these days.....nice of the big guy to stand up to the sunfire guy for you!

Jennie
Middle Mamma
Old 12-20-2004, 08:07 PM

Jennie! Your ds sounds just wonderful. Glad you're joining us here!

computergeek2.gif  Spirit Baby Intuitive (and really cool chick)

Old 12-20-2004, 11:15 PM

Welcome Jennie!

Old 12-20-2004, 11:24 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome to the one thread Jennie!!!! We're fast paced but lots of fun
Gretchen, my dog's eat yogurt every day, and they eat a 1/2 raw food diet too, so I don't think it's that, I think it has more to do with her having been a kennel dog for too long without ever becoming a breeding dog. It's common in females who have puppies or are around litters of puppies, it's an old inate survival technique to prevent predators from finding their way back to the den--this is why I have always prefered male dogs!!! (ok, it's only one reason, the big one is that I'm too much of a bitch to have another one around )
Well, I'm heading to my couch, I think I've been contracting but can't tell--it feels like a horrible and sudden urge to pee--even if I just peed 5 minutes ago and it happens about every 8 minutes--even if I'm sitting on the toilet--should I worry??? (course now with hearing about Lesley, I'm totally worried!!!)
Good luck Lesley, hope to see you back tomorrow!!!!
Old 12-20-2004, 11:29 PM

Shannon - I wouldn't worry too much. The baby's head may be resting on your bladder or a certain nerve or something. I know the feeling you are talking about and it was never labor for me. It's very uncomfortable, though. UGH! I'll be going into labor mid March or so, LOL, so I'm not even thinking about it right now. These next 8 - 10 wks will seem longer than the entire pregnancy, I think. I'm so huge now that basic household chores seem out of reach even with the burst of energy!

Old 12-20-2004, 11:41 PM - Thread Starter

Well, it's not her head cause that's under my right rib cage--she is footling breech though, so maybe she's just dancing--I'll turn off the music and see if it helps
Old 12-20-2004, 11:45 PM

That's right, then for sure it's the feet. My Hannah was footling breech and her feet kept getting caught "there". Anyway, when she was born she actually had marks on her feet from all the dancing.

Old 12-20-2004, 11:57 PM - Thread Starter

Did she turn before delivery Amy?? I'm having a c-section anyway, but she did tell me the section was easier on the baby if they were head down.

Here's a funny for you all--I had Steve put in a load of laundry before he left, I've been getting him to do all the laundry just to save me from walking down the basement stairs so it's been a while--well, since I need the clothes for tomorrow morning I decided to go put it all in the dryer, great--with belly in the way, combined with my height--or lack there of--I couldn't reach any of the stuff in the very bottom of the washing machine!!! So there I am with the BBQ tongs, fishing out my socks and underwear--I'm sure it was quite the picture!!

Oh and Amy, I like Gary, it's an older name, but not a strange one in any way--hadn't you guys already settled on a name??

User Tag List