Feb Mamas! Week of Jan 10-16: Month NINE here we come! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 202 Old 01-13-2005, 07:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just got back from my appointment. Everything is going well.

Lisa: You will be in my thoughts! Hope everything continues to go well with you and your little one!

Heavasoul: That's awesome that you get a year of mat leave!!! Is that a Canadian thing? Take care or yourself and enjoy your little one when he or she comes.

Freethinker: I had a padded sling for a short time with Chloe and I liked it until I found the unpadded you can get more secure. I bought a Maya wrap and liked it, but I wore a sling everyday and couldn't afford to get more than one, so I started making my own. I've been making and selling slings since Chloe was about 7 months old. I've tried the Asian baby carrier (I can't remember what the name is) but I didn't like it at all. I've also tried the front pack and didn't care for it either. I like the versitility of the sling and that with an unpadded one, you can use the tail as a cover up for very discrete breastfeeding. There are so many positions and you can use them up to 35 lbs. I still carry Chloe in her sling if she is asleep when we go to the store. She is 24 lbs and will be 2 this month.

Well, I better get some things done. Take care!

Love, Tricia
#122 of 202 Old 01-13-2005, 08:06 PM

Wow! Everyone is chatting today We must all be board! My sitter is here, so I'm doing paperwork now

As for my UGR, my first baby was 8.4, and was born 4 days after her EDD. This baby at 36.4 weeks was only measuring bellywise at 33, so they did an US and all her measurements were 33-34 weeks. Things had been right on until 34 weeks, and then I started measuring smaller. So far this baby is only 5lbs, and I have 3 weeks left. The Dr. said if she isn't growing next week we will have to go ahead and induce her. I *never* dreamed I'd be faced w/ this! It's scary to think about, and I've just got my fingers (and toes) crossed that this is just a petite baby (Dr. said this was a very likely possiblity, we are just watching for UGR as a precaution). Hopefully she grows well this week, and next week's appointment is uneventful. I had a friend look up UGR for me, and I don't have any of the maternal factors, but sometimes the placenta starts failing, or dying in places, and can cause major problems w/ baby. I guess this is what the Dr. is worried about. He also said that he probably wouldn't let me go any over this time b/c of the chance. Not sure how I feel on that. I was hoping for a natural birth. My Dr. is pretty cool, and if everything is going okay, you can even have baby w/o a IV. He seems to really listen to me, too. Now I'm not sure what to expect.

I think I will start a new thread for babywearing devices!
#123 of 202 Old 01-13-2005, 08:07 PM

YAY LESLEY & HAZEL!!!! I'm so happy she is home with you where she belongs!

Lisa I will keep you in my prayers. I hope all continues to go well with you.

Amber I'm with you on the hormones. I was getting better I thought but a few days ago I had another rollercoaster day and ended up crying over lunch. I looked pretty pathetic. I guess the hormones won't be back to normal for a while to come either so I'm just grinning and bearing it for now.

I still haven't finished what I was supposed to be doing today. Grrr. I feel so much pressure to finish work for the RV business and yet my mind has already checked out of work. In less than 2 weeks my friend will be here to take over my job and I just don't even want to think about work anymore. Is that bad or what? Someone kick my arse into high gear so I can complete my work that has been backed up since November *blush* ?
#124 of 202 Old 01-13-2005, 11:29 PM

Oh Lesley!!! I'm so happy!!!! Welcome home Hazel!!!!
Well, my father had an arterial bypass today and seemed to come through it just fine, my mother and I were outside the elevator when they brought him up the ICU and the first thing out of his mouth was "did you bring me a coffee???" After not sleeping last night the last thing I wanted to do was spend the day at a large hospital but when I talked to my mom shortly after they took him to surgery she sounded kind of freaked out and nobody else was there with her--so off I went.
Anyway, feeling crummy and tired, need to rest, had my last U/S today and they think Molly is 6lbs and "compact" (I think that's polite for short like her mom...)
Anyway, I gotta get some rest, will check back, likely around 3:00 am when I get tired of not sleeping
#125 of 202 Old 01-14-2005, 12:01 AM

Free Thinker - hope baby is just petite! My thoughts are with you - I hope you have the birth you want.

Shannon - good thoughts to your family, and speedy recovery to your dad!

34Me - I hear you. I have a hard time focusing sometimes...and I'm SO glad I only have another two weeks, instead of four! But yeah, there is much to accomplish before I leave...

Tricia - yup - I think it went from six to 12 months around four years ago. And Traci - no kidding - everyone should have a year off! I'm very, very grateful.
#126 of 202 Old 01-14-2005, 12:30 AM

Free Thinker- One of my best friends (she's like a sister to me) had an IUGR baby with her first. They induced her at 37 weeks and baby was 4 lbs. 15 ozs. No problems at all, though. Hopefully that is not the case with your baby though. I'll keep you in my thoughts!

Amber- Yeah, I hear ya on the hormones! Sometimes I am nursing my DS and just start bawling! Happy bawling.

Shannon- I hope your dad recovers quickly. It sounds like he was doing pretty good if his first request was a coffee and not pain meds. By the way, I remember you from the TTC board and I'm so happy for you! I have had a total of 3 miscarriages (two before DS #1 and one after) and everytime I read your signature it gave me a little pang in my heart. I'm so happy that we are BOTH having February babies now!
#127 of 202 Old 01-14-2005, 01:19 AM

Wow Ladies, are we chatty

Shannon - glad your dad's okay. Too funny on them calling Molly Compact. Thats just hilarious.

Hevea - do you have any idea how jealous i am that you get a year off? i'm considering myself LUCKY to get 12 wks.

Lesley - you have to log on with a Hazel at home update

Tricia - i am going to PM you.

Traci - hang in there with the work.... you're ALMOST done...

Big hugs to everyone else. I have preggo brain, and thats it for this page,....lololol

So they FINALLY got approval from the President of the company (i work for a HUGE company - MCI) for a contractor/temp to come in and fill in while i'm on mat leave. I'm like, wow, ya'll cut it awful close for training. And out of the blue, completely unsolicited, a customer today told me if I ever wanted to work remotely for his company, he'd hire me. Which blew me away cuz MCI really frowns on telecommuting, and thats what i want to do after mat. leave. We'll see, it was intereseting timing. I need to find out from this guy what i'd be diong, etc. It might be time for a career change... that would be a trip. After mat. leave, of course.

we blew up the fishie pool today, its HUGE. was just a practice run to time the air pump - 17 minutes. We will do a practice filling run as well at some ppoint over the weekend.

ALL i have left to do, I think, is install the car seat in my car.

Whoever asked, yes, I'm ready to meet this baby. I'm over the pregnant thing... lol

xxx,

Joy
#128 of 202 Old 01-14-2005, 01:40 AM

For those jealous of Heve's mat leave--my dh actually qualifies for 1 yr short 6 weeks of parental leave--that's only because I'm self employed and therefore not eligible for any kind of paid leave (unless I give it to myself) he will likely only take 6 mos, but thats still pretty darn good!
My feet are so swollen it's not even funny, so I'm gonna head back to my big couch and get them in the air.
Joy, is there any pain in the extra swollen leg/foot?? Increased hormones especially in later pregnancy does leave you at greater risk of blood clots--if it's painful, hot, or looks "distended" you should be seen by a doctor ASAP--this is coming from someone who had a clot in the leg that I ignored which then broke off and I almost died from a pulmonary embolism--I do have a clotting disorder that causes it--and my miscarriages, but unfortunately most women discover they have a clotting disorder during or immediately after pregnancy. K, off my soap box!

Lisa, I thought that was you! I'm pretty excited too, but unfortunately there is still this small part of me that knows something could go wrong at any time. I don't think I'll truley relax until she's home with us.
#129 of 202 Old 01-14-2005, 03:29 AM

I'm DONE! Yay!!! I actually was able to sit on my butt for 3 hours tonight and finish all my backed up work. Man I'm going to bed with a smile on my face. Why did I procrastinate for so long? I bring on so much stress and guilt for nothing and if I just did it in the first place like I was supposed to it wouldn't have become so backed up. Slap me upside the head :LOL

I'll do personals in the morning....too tired....must sleep Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....
#130 of 202 Old 01-14-2005, 09:57 AM

Just wanted to ask.... Who here is still breastfeeding? Chloe is still going strong. She's always been "hardcore" even when we went through the milk draught. Guess I'll be joining the tandem nursing club soon. That should be fun

Again, I woke up wide awake from the first time I went to the bathroom around 2 and layed in bed until around 3 when I gave up and came out to the computer. Have I forgotten how to go back to sleep? I don't have a prob getting to sleep initially. Woe is me.....

I hope today is more productive than yesterday. I feel like I spent almost my entire day going to my appointment that took 5 min. max. It took over an hour to get there because there were mudslides in my area and there are a lot of places in the drive that are only one lane open due to mudslide cleanup. Thankfully, no roads leading to the OB were closed, just delayed. We live just north of where the really bad mudslides were that killed some people. Luckily, my area just had small ones. I hope they get all that mess fixed before we rush to have this baby.

Take care and belly rubs all around!

Tricia
#131 of 202 Old 01-14-2005, 11:24 AM

FreeThinker - I'd say 3-4 real painful contractions a day are about the average for me too. Some days more, some days less but that would be the average. Fairly painless ones I get all day long.

For slings - I have a Bjorn from last time that I didn't care for very much and also an OTSBH which was OK but a bit too "padded" for me. I got a Hug-a-bub for this time around and just trying it on around the house using DS's Elmo "baby" it seems like it's going to be incredible!!!! I would also love a Zolo but not sure I'll be able to swing it (they are so pricey).

Tricia - I'm still BFing too. DS is a breast-aholic so I'm a bit nervous about how he is going to adapt to the tandem nursing thing. He likes to think my "nursies" are all his!!! He's been in the habit lately of nursing on one and fondling the other so I'm not sure how he's going to take to sharing.

You guys are too chatty for me to write personals to everyone... I'll just have to try to keep up more on here!

Kitty

Great for nature studies! http://www.pleinairkids.com
Plein Air Kids - Handmade wooden art boxes for Budding Artists.
#132 of 202 Old 01-14-2005, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama2Chloe
Just wanted to ask.... Who here is still breastfeeding? Chloe is still going strong. She's always been "hardcore" even when we went through the milk draught. Guess I'll be joining the tandem nursing club soon. That should be fun
Jackson just weaned himself. I am surprised because when I was pg with him, Katie nursed like a champ. She just quit this past summer at 4 years old! Jackson just didn't seem to need it like she did. She still talks about it. Tandem nursing is something that I will always cherish doing. I thought I would be doing it again.

Amy - Blessed wife to Jesse (the best dad in the world), mother of 10 on earth plus 8 in heaven.   PROUD to be a Catholic! : winner.jpg familybed2.gifhomeschool.gif

#133 of 202 Old 01-14-2005, 11:35 AM

Shannon- I know what you mean about having a hard time relaxing. I can completely relate to that. I really had to work on not letting my anxiety get to me during this pregnancy- especially with the added worry of the Fifth Disease. I'm glad they finally discovered your clotting disorder. I have a good friend with the same disorder that just had her first baby girl! I am just tickled for her!

At the same time...don't let the anxiety get to you to the point that you aren't revelling in all the wonder and joy of pregnancy! Your little girl will be here so soon!

As for nursing...yep, still going strong here too. DS is 29 months old right now. He has gone through periods of time where he nurses only 2x a day...and then other times where it is constant! He does say he will share the "Yum Yums" with baby brother, though. So we'll see how that goes.
#134 of 202 Old 01-14-2005, 11:40 AM

Shannon - nope, no pain... in either swollen leg / foot. I'll mention it at my appt w/my fam. doc this afternoon (we're checking my thyroid) and see what she says... and at my mw appt tomorrow.
#135 of 202 Old 01-14-2005, 11:50 AM

Joy, a clot hurts like heck, feels like a muscle spasm that won't go away, so if you have no pain I'm sure you're fine and it's just plain old swelling.
#136 of 202 Old 01-14-2005, 12:34 PM

I'm still nursing, or rather, I should say nursing two now! And pumping, because Hazel isn't breastfeeding exclusively yet. I'm feeling like there's always someone/thing hanging off my boobs!

Shannon, ITA about clots hurting. Son of a gun, I got one from my IV infiltrating when I was in the hospital and it still hasn't gone away! My left arm is so sore.

Well, day one was pretty good, aside from the poo-splosion all over me the first time I changed her diaper! And I mean ALL over! I'm trying to get the hang of cloth diapers. I have a couple fo quick questions:

For breastfed baby diapers, do I have to presoak in cold with baking soda and then wash in hot or can I just skip the first step?

With the covers, do I need to wash them every time I change her, or only if they have poop on them? They seems kind of damp if she's made a big pee, so should I just air them out? These are prorap classics, btw.

We had quite the night last night. I have to get some type of system set up, I'm thinking bottles only at night for right now. One time last night I nursed for 20 minutes, then bottle fed because she was getting really tired out, then pumped, then she pooped so she woke up again, so I bottle fed her some more. I was up for an hour and a half. Considering she eats about every 2 hours, obviously I can't do that every time.

I really want her to learn to nurse, but she will need to bottlefeed when I go back to work. So I'm thinking I'll nurse her all day long, pumping in between if needed. Then at night I can bottle feed her (dh can do some too) with breastmilk, of course. I can slow down my pumping at night to 4 hours instead of 3 so i can get a little more sleep. Does that sound reasonable? Periwinkle (you've BTDT with preemies...)?
#137 of 202 Old 01-14-2005, 02:25 PM

Lesley - tandem nursing - you go, mama!!! I'm so glad you have Hazel at home now! Hope someone can help wrt feeding routine, and dipes!

Yeah, dh could have taken some or all of my parental leave (35 weeks), either concurrently or consecutively, but he is self-employed, so I'm keeping all of it!

Sorry about all the insomnia around here... I find homeopathics help - kali phos, or Hyland's Calms Forte (which contains kali phos). Sometimes it makes the difference between waking up 2x or 5x to pee in the night/morning.
#138 of 202 Old 01-14-2005, 03:55 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lousli
I really want her to learn to nurse, but she will need to bottlefeed when I go back to work. So I'm thinking I'll nurse her all day long, pumping in between if needed. Then at night I can bottle feed her (dh can do some too) with breastmilk, of course. I can slow down my pumping at night to 4 hours instead of 3 so i can get a little more sleep. Does that sound reasonable? Periwinkle (you've BTDT with preemies...)?
Lesley, I'd actually consider doing the opposite (well not complete opposite but almost). You nurse her during the night (this is the best stimulation and night nursing is critical for good supply especially when you return to work) and have dh help with a bottle if needed first thing in AM to allow you to sleep in or last thing at night to allow you to go to bed early. Then you nurse her all day long. WHen you return to work, you'll need to pump as much as you need to to meet her demand, but your breasts will still be stimulated by constant nursing in evenings, night, and mornings.

Establishing good nursing skills is paramount esp. with a preemie (who have weaker sucks anyway and IMO are more prone to giving up on nursing in favor of bottles) and ideally you will just nurse her exclusively period until you go back to work. Work to ditch the bottles ASAP, maybe allowing 1 bottle every now and then so she doesn't "forget" how (i.e., to make it easier on her when you return to work). Then when you do return to work, you should still get as much breast time in as possible when you're home.

www.kellymom.com has fabulous stuff about pumping/nursing while working
#139 of 202 Old 01-14-2005, 04:06 PM

Kitty: Chloe is pretty possesive with her "Nano"s too. She also plays the the other side and I hate that! If I tell her to stop she usually does for a bit. It's just a bad habit she got into a long time ago.

Lousli: Good job for tandem nursing! I'll be there soon. It will be interesting!

Lisa: I hope Chloe learns to share the "nano". I once tried to pretend to nurse her baby doll and she got so upset...cring and saying "my nano"!!!! She has also gotten quite jelous when i have held other babies. My mom and bestfriend (with her 2 year old dd) will be here for about a month around my due date and after, so at least she will have a little distraction in the first few days and weeks.

I better go get Chloe settled into a nap.

Take care!
Tricia
#140 of 202 Old 01-14-2005, 04:33 PM

vent alert.

I hurt.
My back hurts (lumbar)
my pubic bone hurts
my butt hurts (i think i might be getting 'roids. ugh. any btdt mama's got any advice"
My contrax have been getting crampier, but no rhythm to them
the baby seems to have dropped and man do i feel her/him low
the baby seems to want to be kung fu baby today and is all over the place.

WAH.
#141 of 202 Old 01-14-2005, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lousli

For breastfed baby diapers, do I have to presoak in cold with baking soda and then wash in hot or can I just skip the first step?

With the covers, do I need to wash them every time I change her, or only if they have poop on them? They seems kind of damp if she's made a big pee, so should I just air them out? These are prorap classics, btw.
I'm so happy you have her home with you!

pure breastfed poop usually comes out easily w/no rinse - but if you want to make sure there are no stains then do the cold first (I do a short cold cycle, then a hot one) because heat sets protein stains and poop has protein.

Covers can usually just be aired out between uses, if there's no poop. A really big pee might make them smell enough to wash, but usually you can use them for maybe 5 pees before they need rinsing.

Good luck and good for you for jumping right into the cloth diapering!
#142 of 202 Old 01-14-2005, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Periwinkle
Lesley, I'd actually consider doing the opposite (well not complete opposite but almost). You nurse her during the night (this is the best stimulation and night nursing is critical for good supply especially when you return to work) and have dh help with a bottle if needed first thing in AM to allow you to sleep in or last thing at night to allow you to go to bed early. Then you nurse her all day long. WHen you return to work, you'll need to pump as much as you need to to meet her demand, but your breasts will still be stimulated by constant nursing in evenings, night, and mornings.
Peri,
I really want to get her nursing exclusively. Here are my concerns:
1) I'm worried she's not getting enough at the breat before she falls asleep (although I just weighed her before and after on an electronic scale in grams, and she gained 42 grams after nursing, so that is pretty good).
2) I'm worried about how I will manage to get enough rest if I am nursing and then pumping because she can't empty my breasts well enough yet (I make about 6 ounces each time, she nurses 1.5-2 each time). Nursing plus pumping equals at least 45 min, which means I'm sleeping only an hour at a time?
3) My freezer is exploding. I would like to donate to a milk bank, but I have oral herpes (and possibly the other kind, never confirmed). I think they might not take my milk. So in the meantime, I literally have hundreds of ounces of milk in my freezer. If I nurse her only, where I am going to keep all the extra milk I'm expressing? 4 ounces every 3 hours is a heck of a lot of milk!!

Lasofia,
Thank you for the CD advice. I'm a little nervewracked that we're jumping right in, but so far, so good!
#143 of 202 Old 01-14-2005, 07:11 PM

Lesley, you can send me your extra milk!!! I'll need some!!!! I'm hoping to find someone at an LLL meeting that can donate to Molly's cause but in the meantime, I'll pay for you to ship it to me frozen--I wonder if we can do that???

Well, my assisstant is here cleaning, she basically emptied my living room "junk" on to my couch and is now going through it asking what she can throw away and where to put what she can't put away--she just had a hissy fit cause I told her to put the dog's old collars in the dog corner of the kitchen (they got new ones for Christmas) The dog corner of the kitchen hasn't been cleaned yet and she told me it was not an acceptable answer : Oh well, what can I do--I'm a slob at heart--and in real life.
#144 of 202 Old 01-14-2005, 08:10 PM

Hey everyone,

Just jumping in to say "hi." I had my GBS test yesterday and I am 1.5 cm dialated and 80% effaced. My ctrx have begun to feel a little more productive, and seem to get worse as the day goes on. Mind you, I am not getting excited or anxious. I figure that is a sure-fire way to insure that this babe doesn't come until March

Major affirmative on the still nursing. Cooper is a boobaholic. I am trying to limit his nursing to predictable times of day so that he isn't too freaked out by the new baby. We are also doing a lot of reading about new babies and what they need. ie - to be held a lot, nursed, etc. He still wants to be held all the time.

As to cloth diapering a new baby, I never soaked Cooper's diapes until he started solids. I didn't have much trouble with stains, and the ones I got sunned out very easily. I also never worried much about stains, as I wasn't reselling. I figure that there is enough to complicate life with a newborn (can't even imagine with a toddler and a preemie) that soaking doesn't need to be included.

Everyone else, We are getting there. Happy Weekend!
#145 of 202 Old 01-14-2005, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon0218
Lesley, you can send me your extra milk!!! I'll need some!!!! I'm hoping to find someone at an LLL meeting that can donate to Molly's cause but in the meantime, I'll pay for you to ship it to me frozen--I wonder if we can do that???
Shannon,
I think it involves dry ice and styrofoam. If you find out how to do it, I will ship it to you. The only thing I would ask is that you wash and return the bottles (the NICU provided me with tons of little bottles, 2 ounces each) so that I could refill them. Otherwise I'm going to have to buy bottles or bags to store my milk.

Coopsmama and Lasofia,
It sounds like my alternatives (to not get stains on the diapers) are presoaking in cold or sunning. Any other good ways to get rid of them or prevent them? I'm using unbleached prefolds currently.
#146 of 202 Old 01-14-2005, 08:51 PM

Hi everyone. I had a very uneventful day...pretty much just slept on the couch all day. I have absolutely no energy and no desire to do anything besides sleep. I could go to sleep now and have no problem. I think it's going to be a late night for me since I slept all day.

Well I guess I'm going to run and attend to my domestic duties...DH is about to eat the dog. Wonder what german shepherd would taste like...

Monica - single mama to DS nono02.gifand DD blowkiss.gif

#147 of 202 Old 01-14-2005, 09:40 PM

Wow Lesley, you are hardcore mama!! So happy that Hazelnut is home, and you are enjoying her.You are so lucky to be producing that much. I would pump and pump for weeks on end, and still my milk supply was pretty low. I have heard of mamas throwing it away as thay have too much !! I seem to recal the most that I could ever pump in one day was 4oz. Pretty bad huh?

I have had loads of bh today, just from walking up stairs, getting up quickly , just non strenuous things like that.

Last night I wnet out for a kind of last hoorah with my mummy friends to an Indian restaurant. It was so much fun, but didn't get to sleep until 1.30 am and Dh was up at 5 to go to work, Georgie the cat jumping on my head, and Dd waking at 6.30 was not too much fun. I am dead tired today, but Dh just bought home some fruit tarts from Whole Foods ( he works there ) and some sushi, so I can't wait to eat dinner!!! Yum.

Instead of a Baby shower my mama friends, who I went out with last nught, are throwing me a casserole shower, so when the baby comes, they will work out a schedule and bring us food! How cool is that!

Finally got the infant seat installed in the car by the local Police Dept. After leaving messages for 2 weeks, and no one called me back, I decided to go down there this morning and demand that someone put it in for me. Wow, what an effect an angry pregnant lady has on people!!!

Well, hope you all have a good evening. Sleep well xx Jasmine

Oh, Joy, on the 'roids, I have been told that vitamin E oil works wonders. Coopsmama also pampered me with some stuff that works pretty well too. It's from Earth Mama, Angel Baby and is bottom balm. They suck don't they, but try the oil, heard it's fab!!

Me and Dh partners.gif, Dd1bouncy.gif  Dd2dust.gif,Ds1joy.gif, 2flowerkitty.gif, 2hamster.jpgand lots of goldfish.gif

#148 of 202 Old 01-15-2005, 12:59 AM

Lousli: I don't have much experience washing exclusive bf poop because we had a diaper service until ds was just starting solids. I did wash pockets, wipes, and liners though - didn't have much staining. I used Bioclean BacOut as a splash on really poopy stuff ( not as the laundry detergent). My diaper pail didn't stink and my pockets didn't stain. Dunno if that's why. But I love BacOut (this stuff, though I buy it at my local crunchy store: http://www.babyminestore.com/page/BMSI/PROD/BIO001)
----------

I had my midwife appt. I'm at 37 weeks. Baby's dropped but not engaged. Mw says my extrernal os is "quite dialted" but that the baby's head is so far up she couldn't even feel my internal os, so she thinks I'm still on track for the first week of Feb. My blood pressure was up a bit, 118/80, but she didn't comment on it.

I'm feeling so... well... tired of being pregnant but not ready for the baby, you know? Ready to HOLD the baby but not ready to HAVE the baby! So much to do! Plus my best friend is coming, hopfully for the birth, on Feb 3rd. Gotta hold out!

I'm getting more sleep because ds is starting to be ok with sleeping in his own bed. Last two nights he just woke up once each, and was content with being tucked in with a kiss, no long discussions. He's more cuddly in the day now that he's not sleeping with me, which I love, but more to the point he's no longer kicking my tummy and head all night! Yay!

We're making progress on the house, too. I took some pics of the kid's sleeping room. I'm really happy with it. I'll post them soon. Now if I can just find a dresser to use as a changing table....

hugs all around,
sofia
#149 of 202 Old 01-15-2005, 10:47 AM

I'm 35 wks today! Yippee! Behind some of you, I know. I've never gone more than 5 days over so hopefully I will have a new little one in a little over a month. Can't wait!

No weekend plans for us. I'm going to pull out the baby clothes and dipes and wash those up, I think.

Take care all!

Amy - Blessed wife to Jesse (the best dad in the world), mother of 10 on earth plus 8 in heaven.   PROUD to be a Catholic! : winner.jpg familybed2.gifhomeschool.gif

#150 of 202 Old 01-15-2005, 01:20 PM

Hi everyone,
It's quiet around here for now. Ds and Dh are at basketball. I couldn't bear the thought of sitting on the bleachers!

Lousli--Congratulations! I am so glad that Hazel is home. I bet it's still hectic, but so much better to be figuring it out on your own terms. Good luck! I'm with you on the learning the cd thing. I just got a second shipment of cd stuff and it's all washed and waiting...Dh wants a "lesson" but I'm not sure I'm going to be much help until it's "hands on" with a baby...

I'm up for another baby goody exchange. I think I'd like to wait and do it after the babes come--to give us some time and to have a chance for more personalized gifts...

Dh and Ds just got home, so I'm off. Have a good weekend everyone. Thinking of you! susan

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page