Feb Mamas! Week of Jan 10-16: Month NINE here we come! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-10-2005, 02:57 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, looks like I'm up late enough to start the new thread this week. (More on that in a minute).

kavamamakava February home waterbirth
Kater07 February
Isabeau due early February
3 Little Birds due Feb 1
Chiku due Feb 1 birthing center
Parker'smommy (Heather) due Feb 1
Lisashepp (Lisa) due Feb 1 homebirth
Sadkitty. Due Feb 1st
Dandylion (Stephanie) due Feb 2
Truvie due Feb 2
Lasofia due Feb 2, homebirth
PeacefulVegan (who also answers to Tracie) due Feb 3
Lou due Feb 3
Orange due Feb 3 Birth Center with OB
Twin Mom (Deb) Due Feb 4, VBA2C homebirth
Free Thinker (Mandy) due Feb 5
Wtchyhlr (Joy) due Feb 5, homebirth
HelloKitty (Kitty) due Feb 6
Letabug (Arleta) due Feb 6
LianneM due Feb 7 homebirth
TexasSuz (Susan) due Feb 7
Happymamajenni (Jenni) due Feb 7 hospital/OBGYN
Lousli Hazel born 12/21. CONGRATULATIONS LESLEY!!
Parthenia due Feb 7 home waterbirth
DeirdreAlison (Deirdre) due 1st week Feb homebirth, maybe waterbirth
New Life Due Feb 8
kimbalicious due Feb 9 - hospital birth with midwives
ElizaBird (Eliza) due Feb 9 - home waterbirth of twins
Shannon 0218- due Feb 11 hospital birth with great OB
ella-makes-3 (Jasmine) - due ~ Feb. 11 midwife/natural birth at birth center
Marcella due Feb 11 homebirth
HeleneP, due Feb 12
Tug (Terenia), baby #2 due Feb 12
Firefly due Feb 13
Christi due Feb 14 hospital birth with fab OB
Periwinkle due Feb 14
Fairymomma (Pamela) due Feb 14
Jorie (Margorie) due Feb 14
AmBam (Amber) due Feb 14 homebirth
rose angel (Karen) due Feb 16
mama2m&m (Denise) due Feb 16
HydeParkB due Feb 17
Karennnnn (Karen) due Feb 17
Coopsmama (Kristen) Due Feb 17
Bella'smamma (Cecily) due Feb 17
luvmytwo (Karen) due Feb 17
HydeParkB (Bridget) due Feb 17
Gretchen Due Feb 18
Zandersmom due Feb 18
weesej (Jen) Due Feb 19 homebirth
Ekblad7+ (Amy) due Feb 20 Homebirth
kinsey43 (Kinsey) due after Feb 20
heveasoul due Feb 21, h/b with m/w
veggiemommy (Holly), due Feb 21
Shyly (Monica) Due Feb 21 home water birth
mehndimama (Stell) due Feb 22 unassisted homebirth
Emmama due Feb 22, homebirth
Mainemon (Susan) due Feb 23 homebirth w/midwife
Mama2Chloe (Tricia) due 25 Feb #2
Threeforme2005 (Traci) due Feb 25
artgirl (Kelly) #2 Feb. 26
munki'sMom (Tammy), baby #2 due Feb 26
woolfairy (Elle) due Feb 27, baby #2 homebirth
Maprilynne (Aprilynne) due Feb 28, birth center
KateSt. Late Feb. Homebirth
4Given (Stacey) due end of Feb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2005, 03:17 AM - Thread Starter

Well, it's 12:02AM here :yawning: and we're officially into next week. I am exactly 35 weeks now.

I posted under the "BH are kickin my butt" thread, but tonight they definitely are. (I've always loved this title btw!)

I've been contracting off and on all night. We had a busy weekend - again - and I didn't do much resting. : They seem like BH (< 1 minute, not painful, no fluid or bloody show) but whew.... I guess I've had 20 or 30 since this afternoon?

Dh and I went to bed around 10:30 and I haven't been able to sleep. I've peed twice and repositioned but to no avail. I think I must be the only person on the face of the planet who often does worse lying down (left side even) than sitting up contractions wise.

So here I am at my kitchen guzzling my special cocktail of water mixed with Gatorade (for the electrolyte balance). 32 ounces so far.

I'm a teensy bit worried because I've pooped twice and feel like I have to go again soon, and for Ms. Constipation here that's kind of a big deal (sorry TMI). Of course, I did eat a giant but aging & floppy mixed greens salad last night with dinner (like I'm gonna throw away $5 worth of organic greens ) and an extra cup of hot prune juice today LOL.

I'm trying to time my contrax but it's actually hard b/c my uterus feels big and hard all the time these days, and I have only that breathless/hot/flushed wave feeling to go by, and now I'm freezing cold in my kitchen (heat goes off after 10pm)!

I'm just 35 weeks today and I REALLY want this baby to cook another 2 weeks minimum. I know the baby would almost certainly be fine if born now, but I know what a 35 weeker is like from having twins last time 2 months early (dd and ds came home from the hospital equivalent to almost this exact day as a matter of fact). In a word, it's not easy -- the weak nursing, the sleeping baby, the reflux.

Things are starting to feel better now, but if I go lie down and they pick back up again, I think I may need to call my midwife. Come on Gatorade do your thang. :

Thanks for letting me vent. I'll update everyone if there's news, but no more posts mean I'm happily
Old 01-10-2005, 04:56 AM

I should probably be asleep too.

I hope you're not in labor Peri. What does gatorade to to help that situation?

I wish I was (well anytime after my sister arrives on Tuesday would be fine.)

I've had a headache off and on for a week now, even after a massage. Yesterday I ranted at DH for 20 minutes because he wanted to go out to dinner and claimed we had "no food." I had to drag then 18 m.o. I watch to 2 different grocery stores and spent $70.00 bucks! i demanded to know what he thought food was! Today we got into an argument over whether a cat on a PBS nature show was a bobcat. I'M READY!!!! Tonight I told him he was selfish to want me to go full term so that he can finish a statistics class at work that he needs to get a promotion. DID I MENTION I'M READY????
Three psychotic episodes in a 24 period. That counts as prelabor symptoms right ?

Mom to three 14 y.o. rock star grrl, 5 y.o. knight in spazzy armour and baby Juniper, born still @39 weeks 4 days 2-3-10 .
Old 01-10-2005, 05:05 AM

It's 1 am here and I can't sleep either. I have a doctor's appointment in the morning so I should get to bed. I am feeling blue about being a SAHM today. It is so hard lately. I have been stuck inside the house with ds (3) because I don't feel like going anywhere. I worry about being stuck inside with 2! I miss the outside world and sometimes feel like it has forgotten me.

I am starting to get jealous of Dh's job, trips, etc. I miss having a life that others think is important.

Not that I plan to go back to work - just feeling blue tonight. I'll be 40 before this baby is in school! UG! I love my kids but we sacrifice so much as moms!
Old 01-10-2005, 05:43 AM

Peri, I just posted on the BH thread too.
Suz, I know what you're saying, that is part of what has me so worried, I've run my business mostly from home for 6 yrs now, but with how sick I've been, I've felt utterly house bound and detached from the real world. Let's face it, it won't likely get better all that quickly, it worries me and I don't want to resent or regret anything, that said, I love my business and can't imagine going back out to work in "the real world" so I guess I will have to find some happy middle ground!
Anyway, it looks like there are a few us who can't seem to sleep tonight--this sucks!!
Old 01-10-2005, 08:32 AM

Hey all, well it's my usual waking hour of 4.30 am and I am up with the birds.
I have so much going on in my head and so many things to do that I feel that I can't rest properly. Hence the 4.30 wakings. I don't have any trouble going to sleep, just staying that way!!!

Peri, hope that your BH are getting better, and not turning into the real deal.
I totally hear you on the " let this baby cook a while longer".
I will be 36 weeks on Friday, and really hope that he/she waits until 39/40 weeks.
I need time to do everything a relax and unwind and read all my natural child birth books to prep me properly and put me in the right mind set.

Dd was really sick yesterday, when I went in to get her in the morning she had thrown up in the night and didn't even call out for us. She was so upset about it too. She had a really high fever, but didn't continue throwing up, so that's good. Hope she is better today, and hope that it skips me!
My m/w and dd's pediatrician told me to stay away from anyone sick, which has been really hard as everyone has something gross, and most of them don't think that they are sick. Yeah, thanks!

So got dd's new room painted yesterday, just a couple of finishing touches and hope her bed will be delivered soon, and the furniture moved in so we can move her in and get the baby's stuff all sorted out.
We are progressing slowly but surely. I want a team of helpers like thay have on Trading Spaces to help me with my ever growing list!!

Ok off to try to find so curtains online without spending $$$$$$.
Any good sites???

Have a good one xxx Jasmine

Me and Dh partners.gif, Dd1bouncy.gif  Dd2dust.gif,Ds1joy.gif, 2flowerkitty.gif, 2hamster.jpgand lots of goldfish.gif

Old 01-10-2005, 10:20 AM

It's 4 am here and I've been lying in bed awake for an hour. What is up tonight with Feb Mamas and insomnia? I'm only 33 w 3 d here. I'm really not expecting any birthing action until right around my due date. I'm not one of those that hope to go any earlier. My Mom and best friend are flying in the week before my due date. I too have a ton of things to do before this baby makes her arrival. Slowly but surely they are getting done. I really need to start on my sewing projects. I agree with Ella-makes-3 that having a Trading Spaces crew would be great! DH is being a lot more patient with all my projects going on, but I wish he would help me a little more. It's driving me crazy seeing all that needs to be done.

I've had pretty frequent BH contrax too, but I'm not that worried. They aren't as many as some of you. I don't think Sofia has turned yet and am anxious to see what my OB says her position is on Thursday at my appointment. I have to go to the appt without DH This will be the first time this PG that he isn't able to come with me so I shouldn't complain. My OB is an hour away and this is the appt that I turn in my hospital pre regestration. DH wasn't at half of my appt last PG due to being deployed and where he worked.

Ella-makes-3: I hope your dd feels better soon. It's so hard when they are sick. Especially when you really don't want to get sick. Frequent hand washing will hopefully do the trick in avoiding the bug. Good job on finishing the painting of her room. I wish we could paint. We live on base housing and aren't allowed to. I have vowed that when we buy a house there will be NO WHITE WALLS!!!!

Suz: It gets to me sometimes too about being a SAHM. I really try to get some me time in every now and then. I don't get as much as I should... About a week or so ago, I had DH take Chloe across the street to our friend's house and hang out over there while I took a bath (by myself) for about a half hour or so. It was the first time I took one alone in probably a year or so. It was heavenly!!!!! I acually read an article in my Women's Day mag and relaxed. I had to force myself not to start cleaning up after I was finished and just relaxed on the couch until they came back.

Well, I better go for now. I have this urge to be productive and get some cleaning done if I'm up super early. It gives me a head start in the day which I will appreciate later when I want to take a nap with Chloe. Take care!

Love, Tricia
Old 01-10-2005, 11:05 AM

Looks like we're all feeling poopy this morning. I was nauseus all day yesterday and kept waking up to contrax in the night yuck. I am tired but have several obligations today and on top of it DH told me to get his base sticker for his car which is a HUGE pain in the butt. I they keep that building like 8,000 degrees and you have to park a mile away b/c of the barriers and the stroller ramp is on the other side of the building the side I don't need to be on. GRRRRRRR that makes me angry. Well I feel yucky I will try to eat something.

Hope everybody else has a good day.

Doula mama to my 3 bugs
Old 01-10-2005, 11:16 AM

OK ladies! Wow! It's the dead of winter and the depths of pregnancy all at once. I can certainly understand being jealous of dh's career, trips, business lunches, etc. But we must remember being "just a mom" is THE most important job in the world! There's no credit, glamour, fancy trips or meals but we will reap our reward in the end. So hang in there!!!

Amy - Blessed wife to Jesse (the best dad in the world), mother of 10 on earth plus 8 in heaven.   PROUD to be a Catholic! : winner.jpg familybed2.gifhomeschool.gif

Old 01-10-2005, 11:36 AM
tug

morning everybody - i can't believe how late/early some of you were up! i actually slept really well last night. Yay! ds slept too which was fabulous.

traci - you asked on last week's thread about the nausea coming back -- i'm just going to echo shannon and letabug and say, "heck, yeah! it's come back." ugh. i won't give examples, but it sucks.

for all the mommies feeling bad about staying home - i hope you can all take tricia's route and send the little ones (and big ones, too, amy!) and do something relaxing for you!!

that said, can i pout about being a wohm for a minute? my good bye to my ds this morning was to peek in on him while he slept and not wake him (so daddy could get the laundry folded). and now i won't see him again until 4ish today. blah.

has anybody had weird shooting pains in your bum and legs where it feels like your legs might buckle out from under you? i had them twice yesterday - very weird.

i did start doing a yoga tape over the holidays so i finally feel like i am preparing for this birth!! ds is very funny - he copies the poses as i do them and then wants to sit in my lap and give me kisses when i do the "floor work." hard to focus on "breathing out of my head" while he's doing that!

happy days all!

terenia
Old 01-10-2005, 11:50 AM

morning I'm NOT having a good day today. I slept for crap last night (like so many of you) and the tiler woke me up just as I'd fallen back to sleep to let me know that he will not be here because the plumber can't make it. I have to go to the health food store for my friend who had the baby because she wouldn't listen to me and go buy some acidopholus and now she and the baby have thrush. I told her that being on antibiotics will make her give the baby a yeast infection...but no one listens to me and then they're all surprised when all of a sudden, Monica was right about that one. I can't be too upset though because they're keeping her baby in the hospital because he spiked a fever...so she's pretty upset about that.

I'm trying to muster up the energy to make breakfast, but I think I'm just going to cheat and go out and grab something. I do NOT want to do anything today...I'm grumpy.

Monica - single mama to DS nono02.gifand DD blowkiss.gif

Old 01-10-2005, 12:12 PM

i spose i shoulda come up and posted at 1:30 this morning when i couldn't get comfy, so was pacing around doing my nomadic sleeping trick... ya know... afew hrs on the bed, a few hrs on the recliner... back to bed for a bit... up to pee 17 times... that.
Old 01-10-2005, 12:25 PM

Hi all! Thought for sure I was going into labor a couple times over the weekend, BHs are pretty much a constant now. They seem to be worse for me when I lie down too. Last night I had some very painful ones that lasted about 3 hours and were pretty regular so I thought it might be the real thing but forced myself to fall asleep and woke up a few hours later with no pains. Phew.

At my last appointment my Dr. did say that now that I've made it this far they no longer worry about the baby so anytime I want to go into labor is OK - so I'm not really worried from that respect. But I had spent all day yesterday cleaning and my back was killing me anyways and I was so tired that I'm thankful I wasn't in labor because I would have had a hard time coping.

In good news my best friend had her baby boy this weekend!!! Her water broke at 2:00 AM and she had the baby at 2:45!!!!! Wow. This is number four for her as well and BH's were kicking her butt for weeks but it looks like they did some good so maybe all this pre-pain is worth it. I'm so happy for her but also a bit sad because she moved away to Florida over a year ago so I can't stop by and see the baby and with me expecting I don't even know when I will be able to meet him

Kitty

Great for nature studies! http://www.pleinairkids.com
Plein Air Kids - Handmade wooden art boxes for Budding Artists.
Old 01-10-2005, 12:53 PM - Thread Starter

Hi ladies. Well, after 40 oz. of water and Gatorade combined with some serious chatting with my uterus that it better calm down because the baby's not ready, I finally fell asleep. I had a fitfull night sleep but far fewer BH. I am OK this morning... only a couple (which is normal for me). The pooping thing really freaked me out though-- 3 loose poops (again, sorry for TMI) in an hour is sooooooo outside of normalcy for me it's not even funny! :LOL

Re: the Gatorade.... recent research has shown that pregnant women sometimes have electrolytes that are thrown out of balance by chugging so much water all the time. With regard to BH or preterm labor, it can actually be the imbalance of electrolytes that sets them off or prevents them from settling down, such that merely chugging 5 glasses of water might not help settle BH down. Now you can always eat a banana (for potassium), some salty pretzels (for sodium), a cookie (for sugar), etc... but I find Gatorade really does the trick. I buy the version called "Gatorade Ice" -- it's clear (i.e., no artificial colors) and tastes really good. It's not something I'd choose to drink otherwise, but compared to delivering now, it's a pretty good trade off.

SadKitty - Hang in there! Here's my mantra when things feel really sucky: every day born before the due date is ANOTHER day you get to spend in the newborn period. Works for me!

Suz - Believe it or not I struggle with the same issues even though I've been WOH part-time on Mon-Wed since dd and ds turned 1. I'm terrified of being house bound with "3 under 3" during these dreary winter months while I'm at home. It IS the most important job in the world, but I know that foul weather and social isolation are a bad mix.

Shannon - I hope your BH settled down too. I am officially NOT lying on my left side anymore when I get them! It is soooo counterproductive! Check in with an update, okay?

ella-makes-3 - Sorry to hear about your dd. That sounds awful, poor thing. Hopefully you can steer clear of getting it yourself.

Mama2Chloe - I hope you got a little rest after all last night. Though I know what you mean about feeling super productive in the wee hours without kids (or dh) to get in the way!!

letabug - I hope you feel better today than yesterday!

tug - Your description of ds doing your yoga moves is so funny and adorable.

shyly - Another in order. What a crappy start to the day. I vote for getting an Egg McMuffin on the road!

wtchyhlr - Not you too! What is it with insomnia and all of us last night? Hope you can get some rest today/tonight.

HelloKitty - Congratulations on your friend's new baby! I love hearing how BH actually do some good after all this!
Old 01-10-2005, 01:02 PM

Not a lot of time now to post, but wanted to say:
!!!!
Old 01-10-2005, 01:47 PM

Morning all. I tossed and turned a lot last night, but didn't have enough energy to actually walk down 3 flights of stairs or I would have joined you all at 3am this morning.

I made chili for dinner last night and it was heaven going down, but hell to deal with all night. What was I thinking?!?!?! This heartburn is for the birds these days Note to self: no more spicy foods until I give birth!

Sorry you all can't sleep either. I don't think it's fair that our bodies won't let us get as rested as possible right before we have to give birth. We all know we won't sleep really good again for a long time so why can't our bodies be kinder to us now? to all of you.

I'm going shopping today for baby clothes, jammies and blankets. I took inventory last night and realized that even though I have my son's leftover stuff, I just don't have enough for this new little one. Besides he/she deserves some brand new fleece and cotton blankies I also HAVE to go to the storage unit today and dig through boxes because I have 12 brand new Wonderoos in a box and I am panicking that we won't find them in time for the birth!

Lesley...thinking of you today and hoping and praying you can bring sweet Hazel home today
Old 01-10-2005, 02:16 PM

They calmed down finally at around 4 AM, then dh called from work at 5:15 to tell me hurt his back and might (might being the big thing here!) need me to come get him and the truck and leave his car at work. You know what--call me when it's a for sure, I love you dear, but if I wake up everytime I *might* have to do something, I'd never sleep at all. It's like those middle of the night so and so died calls--what the heck can I do about it at 3:00am???? Will he still be dead at 8:00am???? Oh good, then give me a buzz then--K?? (yeah, it's true, I'm a little cranky this morning) Then dh arrives with the daycare dogs and we've got a new one, one of our regulars didn't like, not a big deal, but then one of the other regulars decided he'd beat up on the first regular, so there I am standing in the snow with a house coat blowing open in the wind and a pair of Sorels bellowing for them to knock it off and dragging the offenders into the house so the new guy can get to know everyone else and burn off some energy. The rest of the morning so far has been spent getting bitchier and bitchier about the dogs nails clicking on the new laminate floor--I can deal with our 2 doing it, but I have 2 regulars boarding that have house privledges so they were click click clicking along too and none of them seemed to want to just go lay down somewhere!!!!
Ok, going to hop in the shower and then head in for my massage--maybe that will help!
Old 01-10-2005, 02:16 PM

Hi everyone.

Wish I could give you all some of my energy and good sleep! I am feeling really well, really grateful for that! Of course, I'm down to one pair of pants that fit, but they are fleece and so comfortable that I don't care! I'd probably wear them everyday even if I had other comfortable options...

I'm doing major research on school options. 3littlebirds, thanks for the book suggestion. I've added it to my list. We did discover that there is a Montessori within 30 mins. which goes to 8th grade. I'm going to visit them along the way.

I did some inventory last night of baby stuff since dh finally fixed the drawers on the baby dresser. I think I'll be okay for clothes for a while, but need big things like a carseat and co-sleeper! Our shower is in a few weeks, so that may sort things out.

I'm sorry so many of you are not feeling well, not sleeping well and/or are grumpy! I'll be thinking of you.

As for SAHM blues, they can come and go. I am actually going to start a group with some other mamas I know of since there isn't one already and we all need the support and adult interaction sometimes! There are four women at my church who are pregnant or have new babies and I've got two other local friends expecting, so I'm going to invite them for tea and suggest we get together once in a while...we'll see how it goes!

Be well everyone. susan
Old 01-10-2005, 02:32 PM

So just in case my morning wasn't going badly enough, my own idiotic beasts slammed into the coffee table, dumping my new cup of very hot tea onto the new laminate floor, most of which ran UNDER the stupid couch which I of course cannot move "in my condition" so I just stuffed a bunch of towels under there while I cried and boo hood about the fact that they also smashed my very favorite coffee mug, given to me by my youngest godson.
I'm leaving the house now, not sure I'll be back, I should just condemn it with the physco beasts inside.
Old 01-10-2005, 02:38 PM

Shannon I'm sorry about that! What a pain and a disappointment (the mug thing)

Take a vit E caplet for those of you having trouble sleeping. If I take it about 45 minutes before bed it really helps alot!

I'm overwhelmed with the nesting instinct right now. And, as you know, it's frustrating b/c doing things at this point is difficult. I just feel like I can't get enough done. Tomorrow I have a homeschool event here and I want the house to look nice. Then the midwife is coming in the afternoon too. I keep saying I'm going to rest but I can't seem to do it. I work until I literally can't stand anymore b/c my back hurts so badly. Too bad I don't do this on a regular basis, when not pg, then maybe it wouldn't be so overwhelming now. I still need to wash some more dipes for the baby and get out the newborn boy clothes to wash them. I also need to wash up the moses basket and the co sleeper sheets. I think I'm going to wait until next week to even think about that. For all I know (and with my luck) I won't have the baby until early March anyway.

Alright, enough time sitting!

Amy - Blessed wife to Jesse (the best dad in the world), mother of 10 on earth plus 8 in heaven.   PROUD to be a Catholic! : winner.jpg familybed2.gifhomeschool.gif

Old 01-10-2005, 02:48 PM

Subscribing and ((((HUGS))))) all around!

computergeek2.gif  Spirit Baby Intuitive (and really cool chick)

Old 01-10-2005, 04:16 PM

SOMEONE I know lost her mucus plug this morning...

Does this mean I am next? Or is this that 2 week signal thing? I AM an experienced mom, but I have never gone INTO labor... 2 inductions...

Also, the puking thing I had stopped, (thank god) but the doctor was really concerned about it. She ran a blood test and if it comes back positive, I will have to be induced this week. Liver something? Anyone know?
Old 01-10-2005, 04:22 PM

The mucus plug thing does vary from woman to woman - it could mean labor is about to start or it could mean it's a couple weeks away... but that said....

With my first two boys I lost my plug and was in labor within 2 hours!!! With my 3rd I didn't really lose a plus, I sort of had bits of mucus for a couple weeks before labor began (sorry if that's TMI!)

My best friend that had her baby this weekend - it was funny the morning before she went into labor she was very anxious to deliver and I asked her if she had lost her plug and she said no. Later that afternoon she said "Wow - ya know that question you asked me this morning? Well I just lost it!" A few hours later... baby!!!!!!!!!

But ya know... it does vary...

Kitty

Great for nature studies! http://www.pleinairkids.com
Plein Air Kids - Handmade wooden art boxes for Budding Artists.
Old 01-10-2005, 04:51 PM

WooHoo Gretchen.. thats progress of some sort, even if it means you don't go into labor for a few days....
Old 01-10-2005, 04:54 PM

Morning all!

Mucus plug. I don't recall having lost mine with DS (and for a humorous aside, my childbirth class instructor thought mucus plug was too clinical or something, so she always insisted on calling it "baby gel". Really I loved her and it was an awesome class, but baby gel? ) I went into labor via my water breaking, so after that, I didn't pay attention for any mucus leaving. I just tried to get contractions started via nipple stimulation.

I'm sorry to hear about all the mommies with insomnia. That is the one thing I don't have :knock wood: Sometimes I feel almost narcoleptic at how quickly I can fall asleep given even remotely right conditions (read: laying down!) I'm really worried about my ability to make it on less sleep once the little one gets here.

Now, instead of insmonia, I have food issues. I don't want any. I don't want to cook any for my family. My shopping is for crap because I can't focus on meals well enough to make sure I am shopping completely. I make it through the store with way less in my cart then I used to have and for the life of me I can't figure out what I haven't gotten. And my shopping lists are useless. I used to make menus, etc but I went to look through the menus I knew I sat down to write last week and it was mostly filled with blank spots. Totally unlike me. And I know I was at it for hours when I sat down to do it too. I'm just so freaking tired. I have got to get by the natural foods store and grab Floradix. My iron came back ever so slightly low (like 1 point) and I want to be sure that isn't it, you know?
Old 01-10-2005, 05:43 PM - Thread Starter

Oh boy I don't know. I think we might have another baby on this thread pretty soon!!!!

(I lost my entire plug all at once and 6 hours later had 2 babies! I have read that losing the entire thing at once vs. bit by bit is different though in terms of correlation with labor.)

:

Old 01-10-2005, 06:02 PM

Well, I sure am excited! I haven't had any contractions today though, so I decided to stay at work... (the students are presenting today anyway, so I can just put my feet up...)

I still haven't even packed my hospital bag... I would LOVE to go into labor naturally, was just discussing it with the doctor on Friday, too.. but still, I think I am only 35 weeks, so waiting awhile is FINE WITH ME.
Old 01-10-2005, 06:51 PM

Oh how fun.. more babies... whee...

So, I really think I scored well at my showers this weekend... For the most part people followed directions
I got some big stuff -
My Amby baby hammock (oh its wonderful, it looks just like the pictures)
My nice, wooden high chair (from bru)
and high chair pad
Eddie Bauer Diaper Backback thingy
Boppy
Safer Bather cushion
moniter w/2 recievers
vibrating bouncer
sling

then some smaller stuff
diapers - 5 doz flats (3doz of which were arranged in a diaper cake that just amused the hell out of me, it was totally cute. I have pictures, and will post them in the next few days), 5 kissaluvs contours, a dozen ubcpf's, covers, rubber pants, pins galore...
blankets - 1 crocheted, 3 fleece, 1 fuzzy korean blanket, 2 recieving blankets
Outfits - just a couple, ppls are very funny about wanting to get gender specific colors and the fact that we're not finding out is really weirding people out
Baby wipes - disposable, but i will use them on something.
Breastpads
Cash and gift cert's for diapers (for which i just shopped. oh me oh my)
Some plastic toys, some stuffed animals
Ear thermometer, baby health care kit (with medicine dropper, nail clippers and such in it)
Wash bag to keep baby socks from getting eaten in the washing machine

i've got some $ to go spend at BrU, we need to decide whether we want a changing table or the convertable car seat more. Probalby get a changing table and hope for more gift cert's when we announce baby's birth so we can get the car seat, which we shouldn't need for a few months anyway....

Luckily, i have PILES of gender neutral newborn clothes... and plan to do serious second hand shopping after baby is born.
Old 01-10-2005, 07:05 PM

Well, I'm sorry everyone is so uncomfortable and had such terrible insomnia. I didn't sleep much either, rooming in with Hazel in the hospital. It was nice to get to be with her for 24 hours in a row, but of course, I missed Melanie. And the bad news...
she failed the carseat challenge again. Which means that they will try her again on Thursday. If she fails that, we're looking into special flat bed style carseats. We may just go ahead and buy one so that she can take the test Thursday in that. I'm not sure how I would handle her failing again on Thursday, I think I might just lose it. So I'm off to search the web. I'm feeling pretty much like crap right now. It was really hard to leave today. Think good thoughts for us on Thursday.
Old 01-10-2005, 07:08 PM

Wow Joy, it sounds like you scored! How wonderful that people went through the extra trouble to get the special things that you really wanted. (like the amby baby, the cloth diaper "cake" - how cool! - and all the other cloth diapering stuff and the sling)

I'm glad it was a fun time!

User Tag List