Birth Announcements and Stories - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 75 Old 01-22-2005, 12:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have not given birth yet, but I thought I'd start this thread for the many babies on the way so that all the announcements and things can be on one thread. That way whoever wants to read about the newest birth can just check here. I am really looking forward to reading about everyone's experiences, and anxious to write about mine!
Good Luck to all!
#2 of 75 Old 01-24-2005, 04:07 PM

Well, I know that you all know this already...but since I was first, I thought I'd, um, go first.

Hazel Eliana was born on December 21, 2004 at 10:54 pm. She was 4 pounds, 1 ounce, 16 inches long. She was 33 weeks.

Her birth story is here (beware it is really long):
http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=229863

Her webpage is here, with almost daily updates:
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/b/bigsister/
password: mycroft
#3 of 75 Old 01-24-2005, 04:38 PM

I had baby Joe yesterday morning at home! I probably won't have the story up for awhile, but there are pictures at http://home.comcast.net/~tomndeb8/joe_1.jpg and http://home.comcast.net/~tomndeb8/joe_close.jpg. Ignore the disposable diaper, that's only until the meconium has passed. He was 9 lbs. 7 oz, 21.5" long. I am ecstatic that I had a homebirth after two c-sections! I labored for about 7 hours total and pushed for 14 minutes. I had a small tear that took two stitches, but I feel wonderful. He is nursing well and seems to just fit right in with our family. Alec is definitely more clingy and cranky, but that's to be expected.

I'm going to go enjoy my babymoon now!

Homeschooling mom to four kids, ages 18, 18, 10, and 6. 

#4 of 75 Old 01-24-2005, 06:40 PM

Congratulations again to Lesley, and a special congratulations to the efforts to bf your sweet Hazel! hang in there, mama!

Congratulations to TwinMom - he's gorgeous! Wow - you didn't waste any time posting the news, thanks!!! Enjoy the babymoon!!!!
#5 of 75 Old 01-24-2005, 07:11 PM

Thanks, Heve, you rock!

Congratulations Deb, on the birth of your baby Joe! He is a cutie! He looks so big in that picture, nice and chunky! I always want to squeeze little babies that look like that. Enjoy your babymoon
#6 of 75 Old 01-24-2005, 08:26 PM

OMG Twinmom...Joe is so beautiful! Good job on birthing at home after 2 CS's! Wow you go girl!!!

Lesley thanks for the links. I've read them before but I never get sick of looking at your sweet little hazelnut
#7 of 75 Old 01-25-2005, 11:45 AM - Thread Starter

Lousli - Congrats on Hazel....I guess I didn't know that one of the Feb moms had her baby way back in December...I feel bad. You were due the same day as I am. I looked at her photos....very sweet, and read her journal. Reading her journal made me cry (although I tend to cry at the drop of a hat these days anyways), but I was just so happy to read that she is home now. Good Luck and I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Twinmom- How brave to have a home birth after 2 c-sections! Joe is very cute, and I am happy you are doing well.
#8 of 75 Old 01-27-2005, 09:55 PM

Hi everyone!
I have a baby boy, no name yet - birthed at home this morning, 7lbs 1 oz, 19 3/4 inches.
Labor from 3:15am - 7:52am (intense but FAST!)
He's cute, happy, nursed a lot and is SLEEPING (my first didn't really sleep).
I had a tiny tear, couple stitches, tired but good, happy, a little sore of course.

Pictures: http://real.oddfriday.com/Photo%20Al...aby/index.html
Story: http://www.livejournal.com/users/lasofia/31257.html

happy happy!
#9 of 75 Old 01-27-2005, 10:07 PM

Congratulations, lasofia! Wow, you got that story up fast! I wasn't able to see the picture, but I bet he's cute.

#10 of 75 Old 01-27-2005, 10:23 PM

Congratulations, lasofia!! Your story makes me even more excited and anxious to give birth at home.
#11 of 75 Old 01-28-2005, 12:25 AM

nak.

Joe's birth story is up here.

#12 of 75 Old 01-28-2005, 01:18 AM

Oh Lasofia! Lucky you for having such a short labor and birth. Your son is adorable! You look great too!
#13 of 75 Old 01-28-2005, 10:13 PM

Thank you, Sofia and Deb, for sharing your birth stories! They gave me chills! They are just what I needed to read - beautiful, empowering home birth stories!! Congratulations, mamas!! Two beautiful, beautiful boys!!
#14 of 75 Old 01-28-2005, 10:27 PM

Awesome, awesome birth stories!!!! Thank you!

Amy - Blessed wife to Jesse (the best dad in the world), mother of 10 on earth plus 8 in heaven.   PROUD to be a Catholic! : winner.jpg familybed2.gifhomeschool.gif

#15 of 75 Old 01-29-2005, 08:42 AM

Lasofia, thanks for your birth story and pictures. That was awesome, so empowering. Glad it was fast, but very intense I am sure. Glad the baby is sleeping too. I had a no sleeper, not too much fun sometimes eh?
He is beautiful, Congratulations again.

Lesley, I just read Hazel's birth story. Wow, you go mama. What a scary ordeal , but you made it through.

TwinMom, Baby Joe is grogeous. Makes me anxious now to have mine here with me!

Me and Dh partners.gif, Dd1bouncy.gif  Dd2dust.gif,Ds1joy.gif, 2flowerkitty.gif, 2hamster.jpgand lots of goldfish.gif

#16 of 75 Old 01-31-2005, 01:34 AM

Welcome, please...

Lorelei Michelle
1/30/05
3:00am
7lbs 7oz
19 1/4 inches
13 1/2 head

Born UAHBAC accidentally after 6 hours of really sporadic contractions we didn't think meant much. Birth Story to come when we aren't soooooooo tired.
#17 of 75 Old 01-31-2005, 01:44 AM

Congrats, kater!! : Welcome Lorelei!! :

Can't wait to hear all about it!
#18 of 75 Old 01-31-2005, 02:34 AM

congrats!!! can't wait to read the story!

#19 of 75 Old 01-31-2005, 04:27 AM

Congratulations Kater! Looking forward to reading all about it! Can't wait till it's my turn! Until then..... :
#20 of 75 Old 01-31-2005, 12:54 PM

(Sneeking into the Feb. 2005 forum to wish my best friend and her beautiful baby a wonderful babymoon!)

WELCOME LORELEI

Way to go Katie!

Can't wait to hold her in person! My kids are already screaming "when are we going to see Aunt Katie and the new baby?????" "Can we go to Disney while we're there??"
#21 of 75 Old 01-31-2005, 01:32 PM

Congratulations Kater! Sounds like you had a pretty short labor with her. Can't wait to read your birth story.
#22 of 75 Old 01-31-2005, 02:31 PM

Congratulations Kater!!!
#23 of 75 Old 01-31-2005, 04:13 PM

Wow, another baby. Congratulations to and your family, and I love her name. So beautiful.

Me and Dh partners.gif, Dd1bouncy.gif  Dd2dust.gif,Ds1joy.gif, 2flowerkitty.gif, 2hamster.jpgand lots of goldfish.gif

#24 of 75 Old 01-31-2005, 04:26 PM

Kane Aubry's Arrival---7 lbs 7 oz 19 in long---January 25, 8:56 pm

On Jan 25 I had a doctor's apt and he said I was a stretchy 2 and 50% effaced, so I went home feeling good that soon I would be holding my baby...well atleast in the next week or two! Ds1 was at daycare so I picked him up and we both took naps. At about 3:00 my lower back hurt right in the center but it wasn't consistant and if totally stopped after a while so I thought maybe he was laying weird or something. We rented movies and my back started hurting again so DH ordered pizza. When the pizza came so did the guys from his shop (7 guys all under age 20) I thought I might be in labor by then but they were teasing me saying that last night on 7th Heaven Lucy acted different so it couldn't be labor. At around 7:30 my back was hurting very bad so I drew a hot bath hoping it would make me feel better but it didn't. So I decided to go to L & D to be checked. I drove myself and didn't bring anything except my id card b/c I figured I was like a 3 or something and would be sent home...I wanted to labor at home as long as I could anyways. Well on the way to the hospital, it is only about 7 min away if you hit the lights on red I had 2 bad contractions. This time they actually felt like contractions and not just a back ache. So I cripled from the parking lot to the elevators to go up to L & D. They started remodeling the hospital and they moved the unit and I couldn't find it anywhere and I had another bad contraction. I go up there and they kinda laugh me off saying if I just started having pain it is too soon to be there and I told them ds came fast so I was scared. She had me walk to a room and set me up on the moniters. Surprise they weren't catching my now HORRIBLE back labor and contractions, but then a nurse came in and said somebody was looking for you. It was DH he was worried b/c I left in sweat pants and sandals with no socks and I NEVER leave the house like that besides I left my cell phone at home. By now it was 8:15 and the nurse said I guess I will check you the whole time I was saying I feel like I have to poop so she said get on your back, I was on my knees and it hurt to be on my back so she finally just checked me on my knees, she said you are a 5 so you have to be admitted. Another nurse came in to put my iv in and by then the pains were on top of each other and I was shaking. She couldn't even find a dead spot in the contrax to put it in, so I had to try to sit still. Then I yelled my body is pushing and I can't stop it so she yelled and the other nurse came in and checked me. She mumbled something to my husband and the other nurse and started running around the room. I was trying to center myself but I couldn't relax enough to center. She was telling me to blow through them but I just couldn't my body kept pushing. Finally she said you are complete and the only thing holding the baby in is the bag of water and we have to try to keep it intack long enough to get a doc here. So I was trying not to push but my body was ready. They paged the doc 911 and he got that one in the parking lot so he ran up and came in the room and said is there time for scrubs the nurse said maybe so he got dressed in my room and sat down. He was going to break my bag when he picked up the tool my water exploded on him getting even his hair wet! Then he said lets push but my body was doing that already and out came ds penis and balls. The doctor yells SURPRISE BREECH we need help. He said page surgery and anstesia (sp?) The doc was telling me not to push but I was burning so bad b/c he was almost out. I couldn't hold back the pushes any longer and the surgical team and such had to drive in from home and the doctor said no time for a crash c push when you want to and he told the nurse to find any doctor she could to help b/c he was going to need it. So she got a doc from the ER to come up and he was briefing him on what he needed to do and he said I could push so I did and out he came up to his arm pits and then he told me to stop pushing he had to turn him b/c he was faceing the ceiling so he rotated him and had the other doctor ready to pull him out but I pushed again and out he came! I didn't get to see him be born b/c they had to move the mirror for all the extra people in the room and I didn't notice his first cry b/c I was asking if he was ok. DH was bouncing saying you did it he's here with a tear in his eye then he said I got to be here and started crying (don't let him know I told you ok )

DS came out with a black butt and it is still black today but he is healthy and I only got a second degree tear...which the doctor said is pretty remarkable! My labor was so short I didn't get to use my birth plan again, no pain meds until he stiched me up so I am proud of me!!!

Doula mama to my 3 bugs
#25 of 75 Old 01-31-2005, 05:52 PM

That gave me chills, Letabug! What an awesome, empowering story! It makes me feel better about my little bundle. She still hasn't turned. I'm 36 weeks 3 days...I know she still has time, but I'm a little worried about breech.

Take care of yourself and that sweet little guy!

Love, Tricia
#26 of 75 Old 02-06-2005, 08:49 PM

Laina Beth is here! Birthday is 2-1-05, a healthy 7lbs even!

Here is the short version, and hopefully I can add a good birth story later

My contractions started getting harder Monday night 1-31, but they were 10minutes apart, so DH and DD went to bed, and I stayed up and tried to doze thru them in the spare room. At 5:00 am they were still 10 minutes apart, but getting very strong. I had a really bad one, and called out to DH, who was snoring loudly in the next room. When it was over I went in, got him up, and gave him instructions to get ready! Called MIL to come up and watch DD. At this point conx. were still 10 minutes apart, but they were so strong I didn't want to stay home anymore. We arrived at 6:30 at the hospital, where I was pronounced a 4, and told I needed to be monitored for an hour, and then rechecked to see if I was making progress before being admitted, since cont. were 10 minutes apart. I got the epidural video, and papers signed, just in case I decided I needed it. At the end of the hour, about 8:00 I was checked again, and suprise! I'm a 7!!! I felt fine (cont. still 10 min. apart) so I got up and was allowed to walk the halls all over the hospital. Labor went on like this for most of the time, contractions very far apart. When it came time to be monitored again (they let you walk 45 min, then be monitored for 15 minutes, repeat), and I was an 8.5, I flat out said I was *not* getting in that bed! It was miserable, and I couldn't breath in it, so I got on the birth ball, and was allowed to be monitored from there. It was great! DH massaged my low back and I just rocked back and forth. As they got more intense, I asked for some help breathing, and the nurse was fantastic! As soon as she could see we were fine, she left us to our thing again. I felt baby slip down, and told DH to call nurse back in (she had told us the next time I felt any pressure, it was probably time). She came in, checked me, and asked that I please stay in the bed now, as she didn't want to deliver baby on the floor :LOL She did help me to get the bed set up , so that I was more like squatting durring contractions, and then lay back between. This is the only time they were 5 minutes apart! They got things set up and it only took 3 contractions to push her out. I had a small tear upward, but it's not too bad. What *is* bad is that I had a hematoma afterwards from the trauma, but the Dr. saw it and cut it to let it bleed out (no anesthesia, and it HURT) I have it on video, b/c we were videoing after the baby came out. I say "Ouch, OUCH! That hurts!" The only time Icried out was durring crowing, all I can say is OUCHHHHH!!!! That hurt! Not bad, though! I would take this labor again any day! The contractions were so easy to handle! My water never broke, and they did try to break it before I started pushing, but mostly the Dr. just got sprayed when she came out She is healthy as can be! She had been nursing like a champ, and doing so well! I am still sore, mostly from the hematoma (it's still black and blue), but the rest of me is healing up great! My breast are sore, but I'm hoping they go donw in a few more days.

Easy Labor Vibes to all my DIF mamas!!!!!
#27 of 75 Old 02-06-2005, 10:21 PM

Freethinker: Awesome! So glad it was a good experience for you. Take care and enjoy that little sweetheart!

Laina Beth!!!
#28 of 75 Old 02-07-2005, 06:06 PM - Thread Starter

Hi everybody!

I am home from the hospital with our new bundle, and he's such a joy to have! Parker was born February 5th 2005 at 7:59 pm, weighed 7 lbs, 3 1/2 oz, and is 19 inches long. The birth was crazy, and such a long story, but I will update his website with photos and his birth story as soon as I can.
#29 of 75 Old 02-07-2005, 11:18 PM

Jenni, yay, congratulations . Can't wait to read your crazy birth story!!

#30 of 75 Old 02-07-2005, 11:21 PM

Freethinker, congratulations on an easy birth! Hoping mine goes the same way. Love her name!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page