Last day of work - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 01-28-2005, 05:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Today was my last day of work (teaching) until at least Sept. It is bittersweet..I'm glad to have the time to rest until my baby arrives, but it's a little bit sad too knowing that I won't have the same routine and see the same people.

At work, they had an ice cream cake and gave me a HUGE basket of food...snacky food items. Of course I do appreciate the cake and gift basket, but it was just a bit odd.

What have your experiences been??
#2 of 2 Old 01-29-2005, 11:34 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My last day of work was a week ago with plans of being a stay @ home mommy. Like most of us who have worked/careered our whole lives (I'm 37yrs old), it's a little scary. I wonder if I'll be bored or unfufilled or unchallenged (experienced moms are laughing hysterically now). But I know from hearing from other mommies that the hardest and most fufilling job is being a mother.

Although it seems like a big life change now, I bet going back to work may be more difficult than you think!

On the other hand, I have a friend who is a die hard "I would go crazy if I had to stay home" mommy and loves her kids as much as anyone else.

Anyway... ENJOY this time: wash baby stuff in Dreft, get the room ready, spend time with your SO/hubby!

Good Luck!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page