Mothering Forum banner

Feb Mamas Jan 31 - Feb 6

8K views 204 replies 30 participants last post by  Periwinkle 
#1 ·
OK, many have had babies, many will this week, I never will :LOL Anyway, you're all my support! Had to start the thread!

kavamamakava February home waterbirth
Kater07 Lorelei Michelle Born 1/30/05
Isabeau due early February
3 Little Birds due Feb 1
Chiku due Feb 1 birthing center
Parker'smommy (Heather) due Feb 1
Lisashepp (Lisa) due Feb 1 homebirth
Sadkitty. Due Feb 1st
Dandylion (Stephanie) due Feb 2
Truvie due Feb 2
Lasofia Baby Boy born January 27
PeacefulVegan, due Feb 3 home waterbirth
Lou due Feb 3
Orange due Feb 3 Birth Center with OB
Twin Mom (Deb) VBA2C homebirth Joe born 1/23
Free Thinker (Mandy) due Feb 5
Wtchyhlr (Joy) due Feb 5, homebirth
HelloKitty (Kitty) due Feb 6
Letabug (Arleta) Kane Aubrey born 1/25
LianneM due Feb 7 homebirth
TexasSuz (Susan) - Leah Sheryl born 1/24
Happymamajenni (Jenni) due Feb 7 hospital/OBGYN
Lousli - Hazel born 12/21
Parthenia due Feb 7 home waterbirth
DeirdreAlison (Deirdre) due 1st week Feb homebirth, maybe waterbirth
New Life Due Feb 8
kimbalicious due Feb 9 - hospital birth with midwives
ElizaBird (Eliza) due Feb 9 - home waterbirth of twins
Shannon0218 - Molly Joan born 1/24
ella-makes-3 (Jasmine) - due ~ Feb. 11 midwife/natural birth at birth center
Marcella due Feb 11 homebirth
HeleneP, due Feb 12
Tug (Terenia) - Mia born 1/29
lisabc311, baby#2, due Feb 13
Firefly due Feb 13
Christi due Feb 14 hospital birth with fab OB
Periwinkle due Feb 14
Fairymomma (Pamela) due Feb 14
Jorie (Margorie) due Feb 14
AmBam (Amber) due Feb 14 homebirth
carrie24 (Carrie) due Feb 15
rose angel (Karen) due Feb 16
mama2m&m (Denise) due Feb 16
HydeParkB due Feb 17
Karennnnn (Karen) due Feb 17
Coopsmama (Kristen) Due Feb 17
Bella'smamma (Cecily) due Feb 17
luvmytwo (Karen) due Feb 17
HydeParkB (Bridget) due Feb 17
Gretchen Due Feb 18
Zandersmom due Feb 18
weesej (Jen) Due Feb 19 - Emmanuel Colin born 1/13
Ekblad7+ (Amy) due Feb 20 Homebirth
kinsey43 (Kinsey) due after Feb 20
heveasoul due Feb 21, h/b with m/w
veggiemommy (Holly), due Feb 21
shyly (Monica) due Feb 21 home waterbirth
mehndimama (Stell) due Feb 22 unassisted homebirth
Emmama due Feb 22, homebirth
Mainemon (Susan) due Feb 23 homebirth w/midwife
earthmama007 due 25 Feb 3rd homebirth
Mama2Chloe (Tricia) due 25 Feb #2
Threeforme2005 (Traci) due Feb 25
artgirl (Kelly) #2 Feb. 26
munki'sMom (Tammy), baby #2 due Feb 26
woolfairy (Elle) due Feb 27, baby #2 homebirth
Maprilynne (Aprilynne) due Feb 28, birth center
KateSt. Late Feb. Homebirth
4Given (Stacey) due end of Feb

See less See more
#3 ·
Morning all, subscribing....
Still dealing with a constipated little Molly, started mixing the old formula that made her spit up but she pooped non-stop on 1/2 and 1/2 with the new formula that she doesn't spit up but doesn't poop on. Heve is bringing me some supplies this afternoon to make my own formula for her--wish us luck.
I was doing really well, but seeing her not doing great and knowing it's likely only because I can't breastfeed is really getting me down.

#4 ·
Hi Ladies,

Well still here, still waiting - no real signs of impending labor. I was really hoping this would be a January baby, I know I've mentioned it before but when my maternal grandmother passed away one of the things my grandfather gave me was a set of these 4 porcelin angels - each one has a month on it Jan, Jan, Feb and Nov. No one really knew why she only had those four. This was before any of my children were born - the 3 that I have now were born Jan, Feb and Nov. As stupid as this probably sounds - when I found out I was due in late Jan/Early Feb I thought maybe it was a sign that she was looking out for me or something. When my grandmother died I was 18, I was a very rebellious teenager and had gotten into lots of trouble. I know my grandmother was disappointed in me and I don't think she liked me very much because of it. Anyways, I thought maybe if she was looking over me she could see that I've turned out to be someone she could be proud of. I know I've read way too much into the stupid angels. But I'm just really depressed over tomorrow being Feb.

OK enough of that.

Hope everyone is doing well today and that we have some more babies soon.

Peri - congrats on no more work - I'm in the same boat!!!!

Shannon - Sorry to hear little Molly is constipated. I know the iron in formula can sometimes make a little one constipated. I don't really know what you are suppose to do about it though... guess that doesn't help much.

Kitty

#5 ·

Shannon hang in there and consider trying different commercial formulas unless you are using a medically approved recipe -- it's unbelievable how many nutrients are missing from "homemade" recipes (no offense Heve, and probably pointing out something you already know). If I were you, I'd stick with a milk-based formula, since the others lack key nutrients such as cholesterol and lactose necessary for a growing animal.

Formula is not evil... it has a purpose and yours is the best example.
Hang in there and don't blame yourself.

Also, I'd consider adding BabyJarrow to the recipe (available in health stores and online) - lots of good flora that will keep her gut working well and may very well alleviate the constipation.

#6 ·
I feel like I have waited for this week FOREVER!! And now it's here!

No signs of labor today though.

Sorry about Molly's tummy troubles, Shannon. Kinzi had a lot of problems with gas and constipation when she was a newborn and I was breastfeeding, so don't blame yourself, k? I really hope she poops today!

HelloKitty~
I'm sure your grandmother is watching out for you. Don't know how much control she would have over another human's birth, though! I would think that's probably still a big deal on the other side. Atleast your reason for wanting to give birth in January was sentimental. I really wanted to give birth in January because I can't make a pretty cursive "F". I was hoping for "January" to write on his birth announcements because it's prettier!
Yes, I am a nerd. Oh well! We don't have any other family birthdays in Feb. so his will be special.

#8 ·
Congrats Tug and Welcome to the world little Mia!!!!

shan -- hope Molly starts to poop A LOT real soon!
Did you see Susan's post on the last thread? I thought you might find that comforting.

Susan -- you and I sound like we're in the same boat. I have no signs of labor and I'm not sick of being pregnant yet. Everyone tells me that means I have a long way to go...but I don't necessarily buy into that. Why do you have to be sick of being pregnant before you're ready to give birth?? Guess I'll wait and see!

Happy Monday Mamas.

#9 ·
Hey everyone. I too was hoping to have this baby this month. There are too many Feb birthdays in my family. I don't think I can wait until March, but there's still the chance.

I went to buy a birthing ball last night and grabbed the wrong one. I got a stupid capsule. I figured, what the heck, I'll try it...this thing is totally not as it was pictured on the box and I'm ticked off. So I have to go and return the darn thing today. I hate making returns.

Dreams: I had the WIERDEST dream last night. I've already had a dream that the baby was a girl and that I couldn't dress her because I didn't have anything pink. Well this dream, I actually gave birth...it was so real...and the baby was a girl! So in this dream, I'm laughing about the dream I'd had before as I was putting her in an outfit and planning on returning all the boy clothes I had bought. Such a strange strange dream...especially since it had a reference to a dream I had before.

I have a foot that is poking out pretty much all the time. He is so out of room in there and all he can really do is just poke his foot out at me as if to say, here I am, I'm moving, and I'm okay...now get me out of here! I don't think I can get any bigger (I know I will eat those words by the end) and there is just no room for this little boy and me...one of us has to go.

Hope everyone has a good day today. My midwife is coming over tonight for an appointment and I have some minor cleaning to get done so I'd better get breakfast and get moving.

Oh - Peri - CONGRATS on no more work!!!!!

#10 ·
Morning.
I'm SO with you guys on being depressed that tomorrow is Feb and having wanted baby to arrive in January. *sigh*. Nothing to do about it tho, I keep telling myself baby will come with baby is ready

So we blew up our birth tub last night, and did a test fill of it... and then a test drain of it, and when setting it up to dry, it got a hole in it.
i duct taped it, but thye duct tape didn't hold. DH is all pissed off at me about it too. WAH. Any suggestions for patching a fishy pool? At this rate, i woln't be having a water birth.
And draining it was a pain in the butt

#11 ·
Hi everyone:

Kater07: I love the name you gave your little girl. Congratulations! I hope everything went well for you and that you are settling in well.

Peri and Kitty: Great news on the end of working. Heve, aren't you done as well? Yippee!

Joy, any word on the job offer?

Shannon, any poo? Hope things sort themselves out soon. It can be hard when you're worried, but don't blame yourself--you have done such an incredible job just by creating and birthing Molly. You'll sort out the eating, too.

Kitty: Even if you do have a Feb. baby, perhaps the Jan. angel will have it's own meaning at another time in your life. I am sure that your grandmother would have been thrilled to see you grow and loves you still. I hope you find some comfort, despite your (understandable) desire to have connection with that other Jan. angel!!

KateSt. Glad you're doing well. I remember with ds I got tired of being pregnant the week I gave birth, so I cannot complain. It was really hot and I actually lost my plug at York Beach--too gross. Won't have that problem this time, though! Tomorrow we have our home visit with the m/w. Things are as ready as they're going to be!

I started a mom's group over the weekend. Several women from my church are due in the spring and I have several friends who had babies this year, so we are creating a playgroup/adult interaction/btdt group for ourselves. I am selfishly looking forward to the connections and the "excuse" to get out of the house!

Have a great week everyone. I hope we all remember to breathe!!!! Peace, susan

Joy, can you try a patch kit used for those tube sleds? Is it a hard plastic or soft? Hope you find something that works. You could also try contacting the manufacturer for some advice.

Zandersmom: Hope you are feeling better this a.m. Any news on your test results?

#12 ·
Hello. I am also off work starting today. I don't know what to do with myself! Of course there are lots of things I'd like to to do, but tire so easily!

The last 2 nights I've have major cramps. When I start moaning, dh axiously wakes up and says, is it labor?? he's cute.

i posted also on the nighttime parenting thread, but is anyone plannning to cosleep with newborn? What arrangements do you make in the bed?

#14 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by wtchyhlr
So we blew up our birth tub last night, and did a test fill of it... and then a test drain of it, and when setting it up to dry, it got a hole in it.
i duct taped it, but thye duct tape didn't hold. DH is all pissed off at me about it too. WAH. Any suggestions for patching a fishy pool? At this rate, i woln't be having a water birth.
And draining it was a pain in the butt
Joy, is there a pool supply place near you? They should have a liner patch for the above ground pools. Have your DH do it because they are SMELLY but that should work. If there isn't a pool supply place, Home Depot has a small pool care section and they may have one there. I hope you get the pool patched.

Why was it such a pain to drain? (heehee that rhymes)

#15 ·
Still no poop, but I talked to the doctor and she suggested putting a teaspoon of flax seed oil into her days worth of formula and also said the idea we had about mixing the old and new formulas together is a good one. Basically, it's very likely I caused the constipation by switching the formulas cold turkey, even though the new one is supposedly the most easily digested one on the market. I'm kind of at a loss for what to do next-Leslie, apparently shipping breast milk across the border will be a customs nightmare. I think I'm going to post on finding your tribe to see if any local moms would be willing to pump a bit for me.
Tug, big congrats on baby Mia!!! She's very pretty

#16 ·
Joy, if a pool supply place isn't nearby, even a hardware store might have something that would work. Good luck and a big thbbltt! to hubby.

For a while I was thinking my little girl would decide to show up early, but now I'm leaning to her being later. She's still really active and I've not have any big increase in signs of impending labor. Which is fine, my feet and my pubic bone are the biggest source of discomfort. That, and getting up off the floor is a monumental task.

My feet have been really, really swollen and painful for a while. My OB is keeping an eye out for toxemia or pre-eclampsia, but that looks clear. I'm a bit worried about how this is going to affect labor, though. I mean, it hurts just to stand long enough to put the dishes away. Maybe the contractions and foot pain will cancel each other out.

#17 ·
Kitty: Just wanted to give you a
Don't really know what to say.

Shannon: Hang in there. It will work out

Chloe has her 2 year well baby appointment this morning. It still trips me out that she is 2! I feel like I just had her yesterday.

Take care everyone! I'll check back in later.

Love, Tricia

P.S. Whoever started the tread could add Lasofia's little one to the list.

#18 ·
Hi Peri - no offence taken, but for the record...
I know - it's important to include many things when diy with formula. My recipe is from Nourishing Traditions. It's totally up to Shannon. I am going to get the necessary ingredients, and then she can decide what she feels comfortable with. I'm just so on the other side in terms of trust...I trust the WAPF recipe over any commercial formula or ped's advice any day, but everyone has do do what they feel is best. Even if Shannon ends up not using the recipe, it's something I would like to have set up, in case I need it for myself. There is even a stop-gap measure on the WAPF site to supplement commercial formula to make it more digestible and nourishing, much like what Val suggested, only with cod liver oil and egg yolk (organic, free-range).

Congratulations, kater!!! Welcome, Lorelei!!

I am at work today...a figment of everybody's imagination around here...
: Friday was meant to be my last day, however...loose ends...Hope to finish at a reasonable time, then I'm going to visit Shannon and Molly!!! I'll give cuddles for everyone!

#19 ·
Morning everyone!
I called the doctor at 8:15am no test results then...but they said they would call me when they came in.
Brian called me at 10am to find out if I got the results...I told him I hadn't and he made me give him the phone # so he could call them too.
Then I called the doctor back...still no test results...and they still say they will call me back.
How often is too often to call a doctors office?
The contractions I was having last night are still here about every 10 minutes only not as strong.

Monica-I'm with you on the foot poking out thing...Zander has one or both of his feet positioned right underneath my right breast...and an elbow poking out just above my belly button...the spot just above my belly button is the only place I have really noticeable stretch marks...the best thing is that if he doesn't move for a while and I start to freak out all I have to do is give his elbow or foot a little push and he is sure to fight back...my husband thinks I'm being mean to Zander.

#20 ·
Morning ladies. Last day of January...anyone in labor?

Kitty:

Shannon: I'm sorry Molly is constipated. I hope you find something that works for her tummy. I know you feel bad you can't BF her but you are doing all you can and you are a great mom. Hang in there hon.

Joy: Definitely try to get a pool patch kit. They have some super duper strong glue patches that should hold just fine. I'm sorry Rod got mad. Boo hiss to him. Don't give up on the pool yet though until you try a good patch kit.

I had some funky vivid dreams last night. The later into the pregnancy I get the stranger they become. I still haven't had many baby dreams though. I'm also pregnant in my dreams, but they are never about giving birth. I've only had one dream where the baby was a boy. Oh well.

My ankles are starting to retain a little fluid. They aren't as bad as when I gave birth in August (omg that was so miserable), but I noticed that if I press my finger into my skin it leaves a little indent. I hope it doesn't get worse. I have my 37 week appointment on Wednesday so we'll see what she says about the end of my pregnancy. We haven't discussed much of anything for months now, so now that I'm at the end it should be an interesting appointment.

Joy...can you believe they closed school today for most of the kids? We only got a couple of inches last night. My inlaws who live 3 miles away got 8 inches so who knows. It's bizarre...but it sure threw a wrench into my plans today. Mondays are so busy because it's my DH and my Sunday. Should be a hectic day.

Have a great day all

#21 ·
Hello everyone! Sooo much to catch up on!!

Congrats Terenia!!
:
to Mia!!
That was actually one of the girl names I have picked out if I have a girl! It is beautiful!!

Shannon ~ Hopefully Molly will be a poopin' again soon. That's hard to get figured out when they are so little. I formula fed my first but I don't remember him ever getting constipated. Hope it all clears up soon! Good Luck!

I can't remember everyone's post! But want to say hang in there to those getting frustrated! I am doing ok. I mean I would be totally fine with the baby coming anytime now! (I am 38 weeks today) but I am not getting too frustrated yet. My prediction in the 6th, so we'll see. I've never had a baby before my due date... I've always gone past so I don't know why I am getting my hopes up for this one!
I am just having a hard time sleeping at night, and I am getting huge!! But other than that I am hangin' in!! Well ds is climbing alll over me! Gotta go! Take care everyone!

#23 ·
Hi Everyone. Thanks for the hugs and nice comments about my silly angel thing. You guys always make me feel better

Just got back from the doctors - not much progress it seems. Last time I got checked was two weeks ago and was 2 centimeters dilated and 20% effaced, this time I was still only 2 centimeters dilated but 50% effaced. I know it doesn't mean much (I was only 1 centimeter dilated when I went into labor with my second) but still! Now that I've come to grips with the fact that the January birth I wanted isn't going to happen though I'm OK with waiting awhile longer. I was really only anxious for the sentimental reason, I'm going to try to focus on just enjoying some quality time alone with DS until baby comes and not having to work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woo hoo.

We will be co-sleeping with the newborn as well. We are also co-sleeping with our 2 year old so it's going to be cozy
I didn't have any special equipment or anything for co-sleeping with a newborn - when he got to be about 4 months old I did buy a Snug Tuck pillow to keep him from rolling off the bed. DS was very nervous sleeping next to the baby so I didn't have him sleep between us but on the other side of me. I noticed I was a very light sleeper those first few months and would wake up at the slightest wimper so it worked out fine.

Zander's Mom - I hope you get your test results soon! How frustrating.

Labor vibes to everyone!!! And kisses out to all those cute newborns

Kitty

#24 ·
Kitty: I was Two centimeters the day I gave birth to DD. Her labor and birth was 3.5 hour total. So you can still go into labor anytime.
Your G'ma is there and watching over you and this babes birth will be exactly when it is suppose to be. (((HUGS))) to you mama!

Zandersmom: How annoying, I hope you get the results soon.

Shannon: Poop ~~VIBES~~ for baby Molly!!!!
I am not being snarky I really do want her to go poo because I bet it isn't fun.

I am better today with the groin pains. I never had a waddle before. It is only because of the pain but it is a ton better today than before.

I am sorry that I missed some folks but I really need to get some bfast.

A few last ones though: Joy I hope the pool gets fixed, waterbirths are amazing. threeforme2005-watch those ankles and keep your feet proped if you can.

#26 ·
Joy- you could also try a sporting goods store- they have patches for things like boats that might work...

Me- still hanging in there.... losing more and more mucous. I didn't know I could have that much! Everyone at work is looking at me like, is she really still here? Ah, well. The doctor said it could be tomorrow, could be two weeks...

Bad news is, I am probably passing a kidney stone. Have had k problems before, but not this type... am wondering how that could affect things.. like labor..

Anyway, off to get some work done!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.