Wieght Loss Support Group...?? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-16-2005, 05:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Gosh, I don't know if I'll make it to 'high gear.'

Previously I've been successful with working out at my workplace fitness center. It's not fancy, but they've got a weight machine, an elliptical machine, and treadmills. But now I'm going to need my lunch hour (or most of it) to pump milk.

Until I return to work, walking will probably be my main exercise. I hope to do my video "Walk Away The Pounds" (Leslie Sansone) at least twice by Sunday, and maybe 4 times a week on a regular basis. I also have a yoga with baby dvd that I am going to try, but my knees have been giving me problems since she was born.

Bridget. Momma to DD (4), expecting DS - 9/09, wife to SAHD. Gardener, coffee addict, urban dweller.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2005, 08:47 PM

I used to do a thread like this on another board before I had DD#1~ It was lots of fun. We just called it a Healthy Habbits Thread, and anyone was welcome to join. We posted our goals, making them more of a day-to-day things we were doing to help loose weight, or just get in shape (muscle tone, endurance) than a "I will lose x amount of pounds by such-n-such date" ALot of times our goals were things like drink x glasses of water each day, walk/exercise/do a workout video 3 times per week, only eat a junky snack 1-2 days per week, ect. We didn't do weekly weigh-ins, but everyone was encouraged to share their success I'm in for however you all prefer to set it up! I had my 6 week check up Monday, and started doing a lightweight exercise tape Saturday, and did it agian last night. I hope to start walking more when it starts to warm up! I need to loose at least 10lbs, and more like 15 if I want to get back down to where I was before.
Old 03-17-2005, 01:26 AM

Amber, that would be great if you could get the thread started. Thanks!

Now I need to get some batteries for my scale. I have no idea what I weigh! :LOL
Old 03-17-2005, 02:02 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Okay, I will just plan on starting it for the 28th. I am excited to get started.
Free Thinker ~ I paritipated in another board also. It was kindof the same thing. We will just let everyone set their own goals that suit them. There won't be any set thing. You can set the goals you need personaly. We can then encourage and give each other advice and have each other to check in on.

If anyone has any suggestions or idea's, let me know. K?

Life is to be enjoyed...not just endured!
Old 03-20-2005, 07:05 PM

Anyone know a nutritionist? I sure would like to improve my diet.
I don't seem to be having any trouble losing weight thanks to my hungry little boy who is nursing right now. I was 148lbs at the end of my pregnancy and I'm down to 119lbs. Current goal is 115lbs by April 15th, and my pre-pregnancy weight was 108lbs so 105lbs would be nice by Memorial Day.
I really want to do sit-ups but I haven't been to my 6wk post partum check up yet. It was supposed to be the 25th but it has been changed to the 30th. I'm still gonna start walking on the 28th, but I need a better carrier, all I have is a snugli that my mom gave me, and my husband and I are broke. We are moving to Tenn in April and he is getting out of the Marines in May. Too bad I have no talent for making things or I would make my own.
Old 03-22-2005, 12:10 AM

zander'smom, dr. sears has a decent book--nutrition for the whole family or some such title. check at your library. i also get tips from mags like "shape" and "eating well" on nutrition. good place to start. good luck! susan
Old 03-23-2005, 08:15 PM

Thanks for the info!
Old 03-25-2005, 02:50 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I started a roll call thread for those still interested. Check it out.
http://mothering.com/discussions/sho...d.php?t=265562

Life is to be enjoyed...not just endured!

User Tag List