Wieght Loss Support Group...?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 38 Old 02-01-2005, 09:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I know I shouldn't worry about this at least until my baby is born, but I was wondering if anyone from this board would be interested in a support group type thing when we are ready to start getting back in shape?? I never lost all the weight after my last pregnancy and am determined to get into shape after this one. (I will probably have around 40 lbs to get rid of?!?) It's just easier for me if I have some support... YKWIM? I am sure there is somewhere on MDC that has that sort of thing but I thought it might be fun with some of the ladies here, since we've kindof gotten to know each other. Anyway... I know we have some time still, just something to think about!

Life is to be enjoyed...not just endured!
#2 of 38 Old 02-01-2005, 10:09 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I think I better add my name LOL.
#3 of 38 Old 02-02-2005, 12:22 AM

Count me in for sure. Thankfully BFing sky rocketed my metabolism last time and I'm hoping and praying it works as well again this time. However at about 6 months PP it went back to normal and I stopped losing weight. If I actually exercise and eat good this time I bet I could keep losing. Definitely count me in
#4 of 38 Old 02-02-2005, 11:16 AM

I have to go read to dd2 but count me in for sure!!!

Amy - Blessed wife to Jesse (the best dad in the world), mother of 10 on earth plus 8 in heaven.   PROUD to be a Catholic! : winner.jpg familybed2.gifhomeschool.gif

#5 of 38 Old 02-02-2005, 12:42 PM

Subscribing! Haven't had the little one yet but I'll be back when I do!!!
#6 of 38 Old 02-02-2005, 01:41 PM

Count me in!! Because of the weight I lost in the beginning I'm already back at pre-preg weight, BUT........... I was on steroids for the 18mos we were trying for a successful pregnancy so I'm actually 60lbs up from my regular weight and shhhhhh, don't tell anyone, but we may just do this again (I know, I'm insane) so I'd for sure like to be in better shape before going through all this again.

Of course I'm the only one who's signed on that has actually had the babe right???
#7 of 38 Old 02-02-2005, 04:21 PM
tug

ok, sign me up too. i think i'm about 35-40 up. yow. last time bf'ing alone did not work (cause i eat sooooo much when i'm bf'ing).

terenia
#8 of 38 Old 02-02-2005, 04:21 PM

Oh my goodness. Most definately. I only gained 25lbs last pregnancy, but I gained 30+lbs breastfeeding. Don't quite know why, but hope it doesn't happen again!!
So needless to say, I have quite a bit to loose, and am determined to do it.
I used to be a size 6, so am not at all comfortable with how my body will look afterwards.
XX Jasmine

Me and Dh partners.gif, Dd1bouncy.gif  Dd2dust.gif,Ds1joy.gif, 2flowerkitty.gif, 2hamster.jpgand lots of goldfish.gif

#9 of 38 Old 02-02-2005, 04:42 PM

Sounds good to me...I don't know how much I will need to lose...but I would like to make it back to pre-preg weight(108lbs) in less than 6 months...I'm young(22) so it shouldn't be too hard...but Brian can't jog with me, and he can't walk very far either(bad ankles, he is going to physical therapy every Thursday...so maybe eventually they will make him walk)...so I'm up for all the support I can get...oh and I used to work out five days a week(I'm a former Marine)...I used to run for 30-60 minutes M-W-F and go to the gym Tues and Thurs...
#10 of 38 Old 02-02-2005, 05:26 PM

I'm in.
I'm guessing i'll have about 25-35 lbs... I've currently gained around 40lbs, so if 15 is baby and fluids...... depending on how much more i gain, blah blah blah.
desperately hoping bfing takes it off me, too., but everyone is different. Also hoping baby likes to be in the sling while mama walks the treadmill. that would be cool.
#11 of 38 Old 02-02-2005, 05:35 PM

That is a fabulous idea. i'm going to need all the support I can get. Especially through these cold winter months, it's so hard to get motivated. Since I stopped working, I noticed that i take more time now to make healthier meals.

Helene
#12 of 38 Old 02-02-2005, 10:16 PM

First, Shannon, you are one crazy, wonderful mama!!! I love your post!! xo

Second, yup, I'll need some support, too. I don't "diet". I am an "everything in moderation" person with a huge sweet tooth! I did win a gift certificate for a year's worth of personal training (toward a running or biking program specifically) at an auction last fall. That might help. I also am looking forward to going back to yoga!

I have no idea how much I'll need to lose in order to feel "normal". I've gained 33 lbs. I started out about 25 lbs heavier than my "pre-pregnancy weight" with ds, but I was too skinny before then, so the 25lbs suited me. Should be an interesting process... I look forward to having this community go through it together! susan
#13 of 38 Old 02-02-2005, 11:30 PM - Thread Starter

Wow! I am glad there are so many interested!! It will be lots of fun to get back into shape with the same mama's we got outta shape with!!
I don't know exactly what I will have to lose... proabably between 30 or 40lbs! : We'll just start up when everyone has their new babies and has some time to recoop, and starts feeling up to it. I am so looking forward to this!!

Shannon!! You are too funny! I wasn't sure I would hear you say that!! That's wonderful!!

#14 of 38 Old 02-03-2005, 07:29 AM

yeah, I know I'm insane, but you can't argue with the results That and I figured my OB would kill me if I got pregnant again but before I was released from hospital she told me if we wanted to do it again she'd be right there for us
#15 of 38 Old 02-03-2005, 05:47 PM

I've gained 3 more lbs so now I am up to 147lbs!
#16 of 38 Old 02-03-2005, 06:55 PM

My first four pregnancies I started out very tiny and gained about 65 - 70 lbs each time. With no work whatsoever I lost it all. After baby 5 I didn't lose any of it to speak of. I gained less weight this pregnancy but am SO overweight. 100lbs more than I was when I got married : It's very depressing to look in the mirror. I have a lot of work to do once this baby comes. The thing is that last time I worked out about four times/week at the gym, dieted, and still lost nothing.

Amy - Blessed wife to Jesse (the best dad in the world), mother of 10 on earth plus 8 in heaven.   PROUD to be a Catholic! : winner.jpg familybed2.gifhomeschool.gif

#17 of 38 Old 02-16-2005, 04:00 PM

I am game for a weight loss support group.

I actually ended the pregnancy weighing less than when I started it! I was 6 pounds less then I lost 24 more from having Joe (he was 9.5 pounds, so a lot of it was him). Even though I'm 30 pounds less than I was when I got pregnant, I'm still fat. I need help! I really want to start exercising again, but Joe is only 3 weeks old; my dh keeps reminding me that my midwife said to wait until 6 weeks. I have a stationary bike that I want to ride, but the thought of putting my healing-from-a-tear perineum on the seat is keeping me off of it. I've also got to control my eating--tandem nursing is making me constantly hungry!

Homeschooling mom to four kids, ages 18, 18, 10, and 6. 

#18 of 38 Old 02-16-2005, 06:16 PM

I'm in, too. I need to loose 110-15lbs to be at pre-pg weight, but a few more pounds wouldn't hurt to loose either. I hope bfing will help (it did last time) but I've noticed that this time my shape isn't coming back as fast.
#19 of 38 Old 02-17-2005, 11:12 PM

Okay now that I have had my baby...it looks like I could stand to loose 20-25lbs!!!
#20 of 38 Old 02-18-2005, 11:25 AM

count me in I only have 10 lbs to loose before I am back at my pre preggo weight but after I had Korbin I gained 52 lbs so I started this pregnacy 52 heavier than I did with Korbin so I am thinking around 25 lbs would be a good goal to start with since 62 lbs is so much!!!

Doula mama to my 3 bugs
#21 of 38 Old 02-19-2005, 06:57 PM

Count me in!

I haven't weighed myself yet after having this little guy. But I gained about 25 lbs. with this pregnancy. So, I am guessing I still have about 15 lbs. to lose.

#22 of 38 Old 02-19-2005, 07:41 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah!! There are sooo many of us!! I can't wait to start!! But I guess it would be good if I gave birth first!! I don't think this baby is ever going to come out!!!

#23 of 38 Old 03-15-2005, 06:47 PM

Okay, So I plan on starting to try and loose at least 10lbs...15lbs would be nice...on March 28th...which is the Monday after Easter...whose with me?
#24 of 38 Old 03-16-2005, 04:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZandersMom
Okay, So I plan on starting to try and loose at least 10lbs...15lbs would be nice...on March 28th...which is the Monday after Easter...whose with me?
Count me in! Haven't weighed yet to see how much I need to lose. I just want to get back in my old clothes. I shouldn't complain though. After Chloe I was swollen for a few months and it took about 7 months to really get into my old clothes again. I stayed in maternity clothes for ages It is much better this time.
#25 of 38 Old 03-16-2005, 11:07 AM

I'm still losing weight and eating all day long, I guess from the tandem nursing. I'm now 36 pounds less than when I got pregnant. I would like to lose at least 30 more pounds, though, so still a long way to go. Dh got my exercise bike out a few days ago and put it in the living room, but I haven't actually had time to use it yet. I keep thinking I'll do it while Joe is napping but that time gets taken up by kids, laundry, cleaning, cooking, and, oh yeah...kids! So then I think I'll do it while we're watching TV at night and dh can hold Joe, but that time gets taken up by cleaning up the kitchen after dinner, folding laundry, and kids! Excuses, excuses, I know.

Now I'm on an elimination diet so that might help weight loss as well. No wheat, no soy, no corn, no sugar as well as my usual no dairy and no meat. I'll have to lose weight eating veggies and rice, right? :LOL

Homeschooling mom to four kids, ages 18, 18, 10, and 6. 

#26 of 38 Old 03-16-2005, 11:57 AM

Well I still have no idea how much I weigh. I will find out in a couple of weeks at my postpartum visit with the midwife. I'll have to wear light clothing that day....:LOL.

I was getting good about doing a little exercise during the day...but then we got slammed with the stomach virus from hell and Grant has been throwing up for a week.

So I am praying for everyone to get well and warm weather and we can begin our walks!
#27 of 38 Old 03-16-2005, 12:28 PM - Thread Starter

I am with ya! I am only 2 weeks post partum right now...but will be 4 by then. I will definately start at least walking and doing what I can. I lost all the weight I gained with this pregnancy by the morning after delivery. I've never done that in my life!!! I guess that is what you get when you have a 10 lb. baby and a giagantic placenta!! Anyway, I've lost 5 more lbs. since then so that leaves me with about 25 to go. 35 to my ultimate goal but I am shooting for 25 now. It is too overwhelming to me to think 35.

Anyway, maybe when we are ready to start we can have a weekly thread. We could all post our starting weights and/or measurments. What ever you prefer. And our weight loss goals, eating and excersice goals. Then we would have each other to report to and support/encourage each day. I would be happy to start the first thread if ya all are interested in doing it that way. It's just way easier for me to stay on track when I have people doing it with me. YKWIM?? Anyway, let me know what ya think.

#28 of 38 Old 03-16-2005, 12:44 PM

I think I'd like to join in, and March 28 sounds like a good time to start. I've got 20 lbs of pregnancy weight to lose and I'd like to take another 15 off of that.

The weather will start getting nice soon, so we can go outside for walks. My current downfall is sweets around the house and not really feeling like i have time for decent meals. I'll grab a piece of chocolate or a candy cane to eat while breastfeeding, instead of making something nutritionous.

Well, I'm going to see if I can make a wrap real quick, before Flannery wakes up.

Bridget. Momma to DD (4), expecting DS - 9/09, wife to SAHD. Gardener, coffee addict, urban dweller.
#29 of 38 Old 03-16-2005, 01:26 PM
tug

i'm with you. i'm huge!!!!! i'm 50 lbs more than when i got pregnant. ugh.

i'll be giving up sugar too. ack!
#30 of 38 Old 03-16-2005, 03:54 PM

I've already joined this one gals...now I need motivation to keep going.

I've lost 30 of the 37 pounds I gained during this pregancy and I know the BFing will knock those last 7 pounds off in the next couple of weeks. After that I still have over 60 pounds to lose so I'm going to need some serious momentum to keep this going.

When can I vigorously work out? I don't dare start any weights until my PP checkup. When are you planning on really hitting it into high gear?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page