Feb 7th - Feb 13th -- We're in the thick of things now!!! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 207 Old 02-08-2005, 03:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon0218
my only btdt advice on pain meds is Hope like heck that the spinal takes--cause all that cutting HURTS if it doesn't take
Thanks, hon.
#62 of 207 Old 02-08-2005, 03:54 PM

Peri, Good luck, I will be thinking of you.
I second Shannon's advice too btw!

Joy, hoping that you are doing ok.

Monica, glad to hear that your cat is ok. I would have a hard time dealing with that right now.
Sorry about your "shower", but congrats on your award, and on finding something to wear, however unflattering it may look without a shirt on. They are the most comfy in my opinion!

Shannon, KIDNEY STONES!!!! How horrible for you. I cannot imagine how you are feeling, but here' hoping that you get better soon, and get some sleep too.

Well, I am off to the YMCA for the free swim session with dd and one of her friends and her Mum too, so should be relaxing. I cannot wait to get in that water!!

Thinking of you all XXXX Jasmine

Me and Dh partners.gif, Dd1bouncy.gif  Dd2dust.gif,Ds1joy.gif, 2flowerkitty.gif, 2hamster.jpgand lots of goldfish.gif

#63 of 207 Old 02-08-2005, 04:18 PM

I'm okay... once again the contrax that were semi regular all frigging night long have grated to a screeching halt.

However, its been REAL nice to not be tied to my work laptop today. Am seriously considering starting mat. leave. I struggle with that, though because i only get 12 weeks....
so we'll see....
#64 of 207 Old 02-08-2005, 04:34 PM

Okay...

Shannon-sorry about the kidney stones...glad the gas drops seem to be working on Molly.

Monica-sorry your shower was to terrible.

Peri-good luck with the C-section.

As for me...I went to my 38wk and 2 day check-up...Brian drops me off at 8:15 so he can go to physical therapy, I don't get seen until 9:15 they checked fundel height and the babies heart rate and then they asked if the "bumps" are gone and I said I don't know it still feels funny...and they just asked so when do you want to schedule the C-section...so I said ASAP and they said okay "Jane" will call you and let you know and and I'm out by 9:45...re-filled my prescription for Zantac...and Brian was waiting for me in the car...By the time we got home "Jane" had already called...so I called her back but she was on the phone...then Brian had to leave for work...and not 10 minutes after he left "Jane" called back...
so tomorrow I have an appointment with my doctor's office to sign consent forms @ 8:45...
and then I have an appointment with a different doctor's office @ 10:10...he is the surgeon that is going to perform my C-section since my doctor can't because she is taking care of her sick husband.
and then Thursday I have an appointment @ the hospital @ 10:45 for pre-op
and my C-section is scheduled for 9:45 Friday
#65 of 207 Old 02-08-2005, 06:39 PM

Hi everyone, well the good news is that the stone passed shortly after I wrote that post last night--it was a big one though!! So now I just have the residual pain, fortunately I had some demerol still, so was able to numb myself just a bit.
Molly and I both slept last night!!!!! She woke only twice, once she was very hungry, the other time, I don't know if she had a dream or something but she woke with a start just screaming and stopped as quick as she started and was asleep again within 5 min--it did take me a little longer to sleep though. She slept in the moses basket because I didn't trust her on my chest when I'd taken the demerol--even in the baby trekker--and can I just say... I LOVE MY BABY TREKKER!! so awesome!! I think she's just a little too tiny for the sling--she's still not even 19" long. Anyway today I had an appt with my OB to check the incision, it was so fun to have all the receptionists fussing over her (they didn't fuss over any of the other babies..just mine) then I went and bought a new mattress pad since we have removed our feather bed and the mattress is too hard for Steve (the stick boy has no natural padding like me ) and picked up some other stuff, then I went and had my hair cut--she stayed in the baby trekker the whole time, she was so content, slept most of the time and the other times she just looked around!! I can't even believe how much better she feels, it's unreal and I so wish I'd tried the soy formula before trying every milk formula made! She hasn't even had any of her gas drops today, she just doesn't seem to need them now.
Well, my mother is dropping by and my house looks like a bomb hit (of course I got my housekeeping prowess from my mother--so she won't mind--or notice for that matter) but I'd feel better getting a little done around here.
Peri, I'm thinking of you, hope all goes well, Eliana, congrats on getting your date booked, it felt so weird for me knowing exactly when Molly was going to be born--but I got over it the second I saw that wee face.

Thanks everyone for your support yesterday, I was really teetering on the edge and you guys always said just the right things, today after a good 5 hrs of sleep, I'm feeling much better.
#66 of 207 Old 02-08-2005, 07:01 PM

Okay, I'm wondering...who's next??

Monica - single mama to DS nono02.gifand DD blowkiss.gif

#67 of 207 Old 02-08-2005, 07:04 PM

Shannon, hooray for all good news!

Eliana - Good luck this week!

I've got a question about mucus plugs - how much mucus is there involved? This started Sunday night, and I didn't count on this much discharge.

Bridget. Momma to DD (4), expecting DS - 9/09, wife to SAHD. Gardener, coffee addict, urban dweller.
#68 of 207 Old 02-08-2005, 07:09 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyly
Okay, I'm wondering...who's next??
ME!!! Unless someone has a baby before 2pm tomorrow (Wednesday)! fyi, I am taking my laptop to the hospital and will post with news as soon as I can.
#69 of 207 Old 02-08-2005, 08:50 PM

Peri, why did I think you were having your surgery today????? And yes, I believe I had an update same day, therefore you should too. :LOL
#70 of 207 Old 02-08-2005, 09:11 PM

PART II (post-nap)

Ok - just tried catching up with you guys...we are a bunch of chatty cathies! Will try to remember - just woke up from a nap, and well, of course, pregnancy brain...!

Shannon - glad Molly is doing so much better, and ouch!, but glad the kidney stone has passed. onwards and upwards? please?

Peri - wow!! tomorrow you meet your baby! I'll be thinking of you!

PART II (post-supper)

Oh wow, Monica - what a wretched shower situation! How hurtful indeed... Hope you manage to trade most of it for some good stuff.

Hang in there, Joy! Crappy that you still have to be thinking of work this week...

Free Thinker - my prenatal instructor said that it's a choice - basically, the alcohol has been shown to keep the stump too clean, which slows down the rotting off...it will stink, but as long as there's no signs of infection, it's supposed to be ok, and just washing it with water is supposed to be sufficient.

Traci - hope you enjoyed your afternoon! I have been LOVING my afternoon naps!

Lesley - wonderful new pictures of Hazel, thanks for sharing! She is filling out! I had meant to give you extra hugs on her due date yesterday --- belated !!!

whew - hope I caught everyone! I probably haven't gone back far enough - sorry if I missed anyone's news!

So yesterday was my u/s, since last week, both mws had difficulty saying 100% what the baby's position was. And yay - baby is still head down, and anterior!! (actually just slightly posterior yesterday, anterior today). I will post a pic once we get our scanner reconnected (new system at home). They also had a check done of my amniotic fluid, since it seemed to be excessive, but it's perfectly within the normal range. AND today, my GBS test results were in - negative, whew!!!

And on the shower front - there were a few more twists and turns, too painful to mention (poor Shannon got it all via email), but all's well that ends well. SIL was, of course, commended for her thoughtfulness in throwing me a party, but got a talking to from dh for pushing through what she and the others thought I needed as opposed to what I said I needed, causing herself needless frustration. Over the wknd, she returned the gift they had purchased (and already wrapped!) for the Britax Marathon I had registered for (and I think dh is making up any $ difference). So good on her, she did that, and hopefully she will be over her snit come this weekend...so now the next step - for me to have to act surprised... Have I mentioned how stoooopid I think it is that this thing had to be a surprise?! I teased dh that I might be a difficult guest of honour for him (he has to get me to SIL's for Sat. aft) and tell him I have made other plans...
#71 of 207 Old 02-08-2005, 09:29 PM

yay molly!
My first had reflux and colic and it was so hard. I'm glad you're finding fixes. my new baby (ilario?) nurses at night about every 2 hours - but that means i'm getting tons more sleep with him than I did with Mateo at 8 months.

Thank you for the good wishes... I do have a lot of support and that helps. But when I'm low I'm also low that someone else is watching my older son, cleaning the house, cooking (you'd think I'd just be happy!) - mostly because the someone else is dh, my mom, my brother, family and friends who have their own problems too. Ah well. I am lucky to have so much help.
#72 of 207 Old 02-08-2005, 09:37 PM

Heve, I said the same thing to Steve, I still haven't received the "dinner invitation" that is supposed to get me to my aunt's place on the 20th for my "surprise shower" Steve said, well, she knows I know the date--my response--"and she thinks you have the power to make plans for a mama and her new baby--what if I say, aww, it's last minute, I don't feel like it!"
I am looking very forward to your "surprise reaction" on Saturday, I'm thinking of taking video and using it to practice for mine on the following Sunday :
I did too much today, I'm beat, I took my few hours of uninterupted sleep and ran to the mall with it--mistake, big mistake, then my folks came by when my mom was finished at work so I had a beer with them and I could go back to bed right now! Poor stick boy--no dinner :
#73 of 207 Old 02-08-2005, 09:50 PM

Whew, lots going on here!

Peri- Good Luck tomorrow!! I'm so excited for you! You lucky duck get to hold your baby in less than a day!

Eliana- And you are set to go in just a few days too! Good Luck!

Shannon- Sorry about the kidney stone...but yay!!! on Molly being happy on the soy! That is great.

Joy- I'm sorry you have to keep working right now too. That really stinks! I only work part-time (2 evenings per week) and I was done at the end of January. I know it was such a relief to just relax after that. I hope your little one is born soon so you can put work behind you for a good 12 weeks!
#74 of 207 Old 02-08-2005, 09:52 PM

Forgot to write about me....

Well, DS is exactly 2 1/2 years old today! My big boy. I thought it would be really cool if DS #2 were born on his half-birthday, but looks like that won't be happening!

I went into labor with DS #1 when I was 39w3d. I will be 39w3d tomorrow. I am already feeling like I am "late" because of it! :LOL

Why do I feel like I am nowhere near being in labor?!
#75 of 207 Old 02-08-2005, 10:37 PM

I just got back from the award ceremony. Boy am I glad I got a pair of pants for that thing. All the other women were wearing suits...of course I am sure I was forgiven because I'm so huge. I was dressed nicely and did have make up on so I wasn't a slob or anything. I was very surprised at the ceremony. The commanding general of the 82d Airborne gave me the award. It's really nice. I'm very surprised I even got the award...I was put in for it a long time ago. So it was neat and I was totally embarassed because I had to go up on stage in front of a whole bunch of people in my enormously pregnant state with the general cracking jokes about me taking it easy and not going into labor onstage.

I'm off to take a bath and get ready for bed. I'm beat!

#76 of 207 Old 02-08-2005, 11:57 PM

congratulations, Monica! How great to be recognized for your efforts! And yay fo ryou for pulling yourself together when you're so close...!
#77 of 207 Old 02-09-2005, 04:48 AM

It's been a little while since I posted. I've been really busy with Chloe and her potty learning. I'm not pushing at all. It has been her idea from the start. She is doing sooooo good! She didn't have any accidents today! Yay!!!! I did get to the store today to get her some sugar free candy. At the rate she was going, her teeth would have been rotted out by the end of the week.

I've been having tons of BH conx. Lots that are really painful, but not like real ones. I'm still a little worried that I might go into labor before my mom and friend get here. I just need to get through one more week!!! I go for my 38 week appt on Friday. Hopefully, I'm not anymore dialated (last Friday, I was at 3) I'm trying as best I can to take it easy. I keep telling myself that there have been plenty of people who are at 3 for several weeks. I want to be one of those people! I'll definitly keep you all posted.

Tonight, after Chloe went to sleep, DH and I watched "The Grudge". Why???? It was sooo scarey!!!! Just what I need when I'm trying to avoid going into labor. I was so tense, the whole movie. Don't watch it unless you want to feel sick afterward from being so scared and tense. One good thing, NETFLICKS is delivering "The Notebook" on Thursday! I can't wait! I love love love Nicholas Sparks! He is my fav writer. I read this book probably 4 years ago or so. I hope it isn't one of those that I totally can't get into because the book was so much better. '

I'll be finishing up Sofia's room tomorrow and the next day. I ordered some Anne Geddes framed pics for the room that should be here in 2-3 days and I am going to make a skirt for the changing table and a table cloth for the little table I have in there. I'll throw those together in the morning (unless I can't sleep tonight due to the terrifying images in my mind from the movie...then I'll just sew tonight until i'm exhausted. Her room is finally coming together. Nothing like waiting till the last minute!!

Well, I better go for now. I'll "talk" to you all tomorrow.

Love, tricia
#78 of 207 Old 02-09-2005, 05:46 AM

Tricia, I"m eagerly awaiting the Notebook too!!! Nicolas Sparks is far and away one of my favorite authors, do you know, has he got anything more out lately--the last I read was the one with woman and the Great Dane where she was being stalked--very different for him and it took me a while to get into it, but wow, what a great story. I doubt I'll see the notebook before you--actually I know I won't as it's not out in Canada yet, so you'll have to let me know what it's like.

So baby Molly and I went to bed at 11:45 and she just woke up for the first time at 3:15, she ate like a little piglet and as soon as she honors me with a big belch, we'll be heading back to bed-and I'm thinking she'll make it until 7:00--Woo Hoo, back to one wake up/night!!! Yippeeeee!!!!! She's SO much more comfortable now, no spitting up, normal poops5-6 times a day adn now she actually burps after feeding--before I got the impression she was scared to burp because whenever she did she got a mouth and nose full of formula and stomach acid! The doctor said we could try her on cow's milk again in a month--what do you think?? I was so against the soy--but honestly, only cause I hate soy and shouldn't have it because of the estrogen--when my estrogen levels are high, I'm at higher risk for a blood clot. Is the soy as nutricious as regular milk formulas??? If they are, I may just leave her on the soy, why go through another week of discomfort if it doesn't work--ya know?

Ok, I gotta say, this baby makes some of the nuttiest faces when having a poop, I feel guilty but I just have to laugh at some of the grunting and funny faces!!! Just out of curiosity on the cloth diapers--we're using liners now, but I'd like to stop, how do you get soft poop off your cloth diaper--I know breast milk poops just get washed as is, but once your babes were on some solids--how did you get rid of the poop??? I have a feeling I'm going to have to source out a mini shower thing for the toilet--but I haven't been able to find one at a store--any tips--is that something home depot may sell???? Right now, I flush the toilet while holding the diaper--but honestly it doesn't take all off--not even close.

Moncia, congrats on the award, it sure does sound like you earned it!!
Peri, you know I'll be thinking about you this afternoon!!!!! Can't wait to hear which model you end up getting
#79 of 207 Old 02-09-2005, 10:38 AM

Hi Shannon! So glad things are going better with Molly. Only since you asked...I reeeeeally don't want to stress you out, and don't want to start any soy vs cow wars, k? But personally, I am very leary of soy (in the state and quantity most people consume it - not naturally fermented, as in miso and tempeh) in general, esp for babies. Read this and you can decide if you'd like to try the cow's milk again in a month.

As for the shower thingy, I ordered mine from http://www.extraordinarybabyshoppe.com/. The package should arrive any day now (also with the remaining nb diaper stash) - Beth was at the brick'n'mortar store last week, and saw it being packaged for posting!
#80 of 207 Old 02-09-2005, 11:07 AM

Morning everyone. I stayed up pretty late last night feeling some minor contractions but they petered out. They woke me up again around 6:30. I moved to the couch so I wouldn't wake DH up, but as soon as I got up they stopped again. I've got some cramping now, but nothing is happening! I'm so sick of this. I talked to my dad last night and he told me that my mom was like that for two weeks before she had me...NOOOOO!

I'm just so over being pregnant and huge and uncomfortable. I'm ready to run laps around the block in hopes of bringing on labor. :LOL

Hope you all have a good day today. I'm in gestating mode so nothing is getting doen around the house today.

#81 of 207 Old 02-09-2005, 12:03 PM

Hi everyone,

Good luck, Peri! Hope everything goes well. We'll be thinking of you.

Shannon, if the soy works, why switch? You can always reintroduce dairy as she grows...yogurt, cheeses, etc. once she is eating solids. DH doesn't eat any dairy because of his allergies (to other things, but dairy exacerbates it) and he has trouble with soy, so he does rice milk, which is hypoallergenic. There's tons of information out there, do some research and make the best informed decision you can...you won't go wrong because you're coming from such a place of love for Molly!

Monica, Congratulations on your award. It sounds well-deserved. I hope you have a good day of rest today. It's so hard to be in waiting mode when you're sick of being pregnant. It feels like forever. Hang in there!

Heve, good luck with your shower. I hope you have fun, despite the conflicts you've had.

Tricia, you are a nesting/sewing fiend! I have some projects to do, but am pretty sick of projects right now, so I'm procrastinating. I admire your ability. Good job, Chloe!! She's made such a huge step. It's so exciting to watch them make such a huge leap on their own motivation. A little bittersweet, too.

Joy, I hope you're in labor!!

Zandersmom, good luck with your appointments and getting everything all set for Friday.

Lasofia, thinking of you. Did you decide on Ilario? (Did I get that right?)

Lesley, glad to hear Hazel is doing well. It's been a rough ride, I'm sure, but you've all come soooo far! Congratulations.

I know I've forgotten several people. Please know that I am thinking of you all and hope you are all well, taking good care and breathing deeply!!

Yesterday was our m/w appt. Everything's fine, baby's head-down and growing like mad...my iron is really low, but I'm not showing any symptoms of anemia, so she's not concerned. I've been taking iron supps. and eating lots of green leafys, so there's not much else to do. Baby had dropped a bit and we're just hanging out and waiting to meet him/her!! Won't be for a while yet, I don't have any indication that it'll be early--at least not this early!

Be well. susan
#82 of 207 Old 02-09-2005, 12:06 PM

I am SO MAD right now!!!!!!!! I have this old lady client who I still groom her dogs--only because one of them is a vicious rotten little land shark who has been kicked out of every other groomer in her area--that and she does't drive, so I pick them up and drop them off and I don't even charge her extra--cause she's old. I mean, I don't even groom anymore, so this is a definite favor I do for her--she knows I don't groom anymore but still she keeps "finding" me new clients to groom, which is fine, at least if I can pick up 4 or 5 dogs at once it's worth it for me money wise. But she seems to think she's doing me the favor. So she called me last week, I told her I'd just had Molly and really couldn't even think about dog grooming just yet but that I'd call her this week and see what I could work out for her--maybe having my assisstant groom her dogs or something like that. So she phones me on Monday telling me I hadn't called her yet--well Ma'am, the week only just began 90 min ago--give me some time--I did after all JUST HAVE A FREAKING BABY!!!! I tell her I'll speak with my assisstant that day and get back to her with a date and time to accomadate her rotten little dogs along with 3 of her neighbors likely equally rotten little dogs. She phones this morning and reams me out cause I hadn't called her back yet. Granted I should have called her yesterday--or even Monday afternoon, but with a new baby, you tend to loose track of time pretty easily and frankly, this woman is not a priority--she's a pain in the ass. She starts going on about how if I can't take care of her she'll find someone else who can and going on about what a big favor she's doing me trying to build my business--that's great--but I don't bloody well groom anymore--so I don't want that aspect of my business built up!!!! She says "I've been with you for 8 yrs!!" so I responded with "that's not possible since I've only had this business for 4 yrs" Finally I cut her rant off and say "Look Mrs.____, the baby is not feeling well, Steve and I are adjusting to having a new baby and I'm healing from surgery" Most people would take the baby not feeling well and act a little sympathetic towards it--but no, she says "that's not my problem--if you don't want the business I'll take my business somewhere else!" (first, I know she can't cause nobody else can get near her stupid little dog and because she doesn't drive, she doesn't have alot of choice) I tell her I'm sorry I didn't get back to her earlier but right now the baby is the priority--what does she say to that?? You won't believe this!!! "Well, I'm sorry to hear that" Can you imagine--who the hell tells a new mother they are sorry to hear that a brand new baby comes first????? I told her I thought that was incredibly rude and told her I think it would be best if she found someone else to take care of her dogs from now on.
You know, every other one of my clients is so understanding, asking how we are, saying things like--are you sure you're ok to do this--we can wait, etc. Then there's this stupid bitch. Ok, rant over.
#83 of 207 Old 02-09-2005, 01:03 PM

Morning ladies! We sure are chatty! I read a bunch of posts and think of responses and then read the rest of the posts and forget the previous posts and my responses :LOL Pregnant brain here....can't keep up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama2Chloe
Tonight, after Chloe went to sleep, DH and I watched "The Grudge". Why???? It was sooo scarey!!!! Just what I need when I'm trying to avoid going into labor. I was so tense, the whole movie. Don't watch it unless you want to feel sick afterward from being so scared and tense. One good thing, NETFLICKS is delivering "The Notebook" on Thursday! I can't wait! I love love love Nicholas Sparks! He is my fav writer. I read this book probably 4 years ago or so. I hope it isn't one of those that I totally can't get into because the book was so much better.
Tricia! DH and I rented that last weekend and OMG I know exactly what you mean! I haven't been that scared watching a movie since the Exorcist! It totally freaked both of us out! When that face appeared in the subway window my DH literally jumped about 2 feet off the bed. EEEK! It was horrible! I should have learned my lesson years ago when I was pregnant with DD...I watched Jurassic Park in the theatre when I was about 6 months pregnant and it scared the bejeezes out of me. : And I agree about the Notebook...I've been waiting very anxiously for this movie. I've read just about all of Sparks books and find him so incredibly romantic

Shannon: That super sucks about that old bag of a lady She was incredibly rude and I'm glad you told her to find another business. Jeez Louise!!!

Everyone else...see I already forgot! :LOL

Here's a in the meantime.

I had my 37.5 week appt yesterday and baby is still head down, but growing very very fast now. I'm measuring 42 weeks and we both feel this baby is nearly 10 pounds already. I'm gigantimous!!!!! I think this baby can come out anytime now...really I'm quite ready. The good news is I am negative for GBS. Phew.
#84 of 207 Old 02-09-2005, 01:15 PM

Hmm...there was blood on the TP a moment ago. Wondering if something's going to happen. I'm off to find an adapter for my sink (the one I bought didn't work) or to get a new faucet. I really need to be able to run a hose to the birthing pool or else we'll be using buckets.

Wish me luck.

#85 of 207 Old 02-09-2005, 02:36 PM

Shannon: I think the last thing Nicholas Sparks wrote was "6 Weeks With My Brother" I haven't read that one yet, but I've read everything else he has written. I'm waiting for it to be super cheap at half.com. I read "The Guardian" when it first came out. It was different for him, but I liked it. "The Wedding" was really good too. I think that was the last one I read.

Traci: I watched "The Ring" when I was about 8 months PG with Chloe. We watched it on opening night at the theater. I literally almost got sick from being so scared. No more scarey movies for me for a while. Last night almost did me in!!! I stayed up until I was exhausted enough to go straight to sleep so I wouldn't think about the face coming up from under the covers. That just about scared me to death and I almost started crying!

Just wanted to let you all know that Monica started a belly thread again. Really neat to see the BIG bellys that a lot of us still have. Sofia is finishing off the stretch marks that Chloe started. Chloe says that they are boo-boos. Oh, well. They are the beauty marks of motherhood. Last PG, I only got one stretch mark.. where I used to have a naval ring and a few little ones at my hips. This time made up for that.

I better go. Take care! Love, Tricia
#86 of 207 Old 02-09-2005, 02:38 PM

okay, real quick... 3cm dilated, 80% effaced, contracting like mad....
MW says today is probably the day....
#87 of 207 Old 02-09-2005, 02:57 PM

JOY! Don't tease us woman!!! I'm counting on this baby to arrive today! :LOL
#88 of 207 Old 02-09-2005, 02:57 PM

Good birthing vibes to Joy and Periwinkle today! yay! Two more babies!

Best of luck to both of you.
#89 of 207 Old 02-09-2005, 03:16 PM

Hey Joy, good luck. Am thinking of you !

As for "The Grudge" watchers, dh, bought it home last week too. I had seen it advertised on tv, and something about it told me that I just didn't want to watch it. I am not normally scared easily at movies, but this one looked different. Anyway, I told dh, who thought I was crazy!! and ended up watching half, then falling asleep, as per usual!!
I hope Wife Swap is on tonight. I watched it last week, and thpught that it would have a good conclusion.

Peri, I think you will be having your c section right about now? Hope everything goes smoothly for you.

Shannon, glad that Molly is doing much better. Wow, one wake up per night at this early age. That is awesome!!
Oh, and as far as the lady goes, I wouldn't have had as much patience with her as you did. I would have told her where to go right at the beginning of the conversation. Some people are just so mean aren't they?

Ok, so I had a mw appt this morning. Let me tell you, holding a squirmy 2 year old with very sharp elbows on your chest, whilst having your cervix checked does not make for a comfortable situation. OUCH!!
Well I am nearly 3cm, 70% effaced, with bloody show too, which is a first for me.
I have lost wieght too, bp is awesome which I am happy about, as I have had wicked headaches. So, not that it means too too much, but it is nice to know that a little progress is being made yk?

Ok, off to lie down for a while I think.
xx Jasmine

Me and Dh partners.gif, Dd1bouncy.gif  Dd2dust.gif,Ds1joy.gif, 2flowerkitty.gif, 2hamster.jpgand lots of goldfish.gif

#90 of 207 Old 02-09-2005, 05:11 PM

Okay so like I posted earlier I had 2 appointments today...which were almost exactly the same...one at my regular doctor's office...where they asked if I had any questions about C-sections...and another appointment at the office of the doctor who is going to perform the C-section...

and if another doctor or nurse looks at or measures my belly and asks if I'm sure there is only one baby...or just plain old exclaims wow now that is some belly your baby must be huge...I'm gonna scream...

and why if my medical record states why I'm having a C-section (hsv-1 late term outbreak that doesn't seem to want to go away completely and 9lb+ baby) does everyone at both offices keep asking me why I "want" to have a C-section...and when I say "want" I don't "want" to I "have" to because of reason stated above...and they go "oh"...why don't they just look at the record?...sheesh!!!

Peri and Joy- Good luck hope everything goes just perfect!!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page