Feb 7th - Feb 13th -- We're in the thick of things now!!! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-10-2005, 09:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Welcome William and Allen, and congrats to all you mamas, and families too. How exciting!

Well I have been loosing my mucus plug ( I think ) all day, and am very excited about that! I know I am strange, but have always wondered what it was like, and never lost it, that I saw with dd. So now I know!
And I am 40 wks tomorrow too, so you never can tell eh?
My MIL is driving me nuts as she is so anxious and nervous. She is looking after dd when we go to the Birth Centre, but you would think that she was having the baby. I don't want to moan about her, as she is awesome and is taking her responsiblity very seriously, but still I am going a little crazy!!!

Tug, hope that Mia gets to poop soon. Bicycling her legs would help, and massage too, it seems like such a long time ago that I had a newborn, but that sounds about right!

Tricia, the butterfly exhibition sounds amazing. I am sure Chole loved it. Ella would love it too, as she is so into animals.We have a butterfly exhibit at our zoo in the summer, and I am determined not to miss it this year.

Ok, will check in later. Happy sleepy vibes to all xxxx Jasmine

Me and Dh partners.gif, Dd1bouncy.gif  Dd2dust.gif,Ds1joy.gif, 2flowerkitty.gif, 2hamster.jpgand lots of goldfish.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2005, 10:02 PM

Tricia,
I know what you mean--already!!! When someone asked today how old Molly was, I said "just 2 weeks" meanwhile she'll be 3 weeks old on Monday! Of course I'm bad for that in general, Havoc was 2 yrs old until I recalculated and discovered he was actually 6--so my dogs only go up in age every 4 yrs--I find it keeps them young longer
Old 02-10-2005, 10:04 PM

Yay! Welcome babies William and Allen! I was getting worried about you, Periwinkle, since you said you'd post ASAP. Sounds like things went well for you both, and I hope you're enjoying your babies!
Old 02-10-2005, 10:12 PM

Oooooooo Jasmine - it won't be long now!!!!!!!!

Wow Peri - a ten pounder! And I thought I had big babies! :

Can't wait to read William and Allen's birth stories!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : : : It's so exciting everytime someone here has a baby, I love this board so much.

Tricia - Good luck on the potty training efforts! Cam is so not interested in the potty right now. I have a feeling he might be like my second son and won't be trained .3. That's OK though, I really don't mind changing diapers (I'm a freak like that).

Max had his first doctor appointment today, everything looks great - he is the same weight as at his birth so that's great. He's eating like a little champ, I think perhaps Cam was giving him notes while he was in the womb.

I am so unbelieveably engorged - it kills. I've got the frozen cabbage leaves going and those do help a little. I think Cam may be making the problem worse as he seems to be overwhelmed most of the time with the fact that I have milk again - so he will nurse for like a minute and then just stop. The only time he really keeps going is at night or early in the morning. Max is nursing like a champ but is really a one boob nurser - he's getting plenty off the one the way they are now so he never makes it to the other side.

Little Zander where are you??? Hope you are cuddling with your Mommy!!!!

Kitty

Great for nature studies! http://www.pleinairkids.com
Plein Air Kids - Handmade wooden art boxes for Budding Artists.
Old 02-10-2005, 10:19 PM

Shannon, Hazel is outweighing Molly by 1 ounce! I'm just so amazed that they are neck and neck. It is so cool that all the Feb mamas are going to be able to talk about our babies growing up together now!
Old 02-10-2005, 11:25 PM

Ok, this thought just occurred to me--a scary thought....
Last night dh and I had sex for the first time since Molly was born--likely too early, but it was ok, anyway, we didnt' use anything, it's been 17 days since she was born, for 3 days I've had lots of egg white mucous--which I sort of put down as post partum discharge, but this afternoon--it's clear and for sure just plain old cervical fluid, is there any chance I've ovulated??? I mean, the pregnancy hormones would still be in my body I would think......
Someone tell me I don't need to think about this..........
Old 02-11-2005, 02:24 AM

OMG I'm sitting here bawling... why you ask? Just rent The Notebook and you'll know exactly what I mean. This has got to be the most romantic love story I've ever seen ...and yes...it's EXACTLY like the book which I just loved! They didn't really change anything. OMG It's wonderful!!!!
Old 02-11-2005, 02:34 AM

Congratulations, Peri! Wow - what a big boy! So glad everything went so well!

Welcome, Allen!

ouch, Kitty! Hope your boobies feel better soon!!!

Oh Shannon - please don't tell me that you're in the 2-ww!! that would just be...no, I refuse to fan that fire! I'm sure it's waaaaaaay too early to ovulate already!

6 days? You can do it, Tricia!!

Sorry - no more time/energy for personals...it's way past my bedtime (although I did have a nap this evening). Had a huge day of shopping for the final things on my list...shopping is fatiguing in a normal state, but all that walking and getting in and out of the car really did me in!
Old 02-11-2005, 08:25 AM

No time for personals...getting ready to leave for the hospital...check in at 7am...and C-section at 9:45...I won't be able to give any updates until Sunday night or Monday sometime.
Old 02-11-2005, 10:14 AM

Good luck, Elaina! Smoochas for little Zander!

I'm afraid I don't have the energy for personals right now - please forgive me. I am thinking about you all, though.

Here's my update: My doc said yesterday that she doesn't expect me to last another week, which made me happy. I am at 3 cm. But my husband has been battling what we think is food poisoning for the last two days. So, he's not really in prime shape to be my coach/support. Last night he took a turn for the worse and is going to the doc today. I'm afraid it may be something that will keep him from being at the delivery or even keep him from being around the baby. And I don't want to get whatever he has (although it may be too late), and wind up needing a c-section.

Depending on what the doc says today, I may be on an emergency search for a backup coach and maybe a doula.

Bridget. Momma to DD (4), expecting DS - 9/09, wife to SAHD. Gardener, coffee addict, urban dweller.
Old 02-11-2005, 10:44 AM

Bridget, hope your dh gets better. How terrible that he is in such bad shape. Food poisoning is no joke at all.
Hope all goes well at the Dr.'s today, keep us posted.

Elaina, thinking of you, and waiting an update.

Kitty, Glad to hear that Max is doing so well, but engorgement is so painful I know.
Oh, and the leaking everywhere too! It's all flooding back!!

So today is my "due date". We'll see what happens!

xxxx Jaz

Me and Dh partners.gif, Dd1bouncy.gif  Dd2dust.gif,Ds1joy.gif, 2flowerkitty.gif, 2hamster.jpgand lots of goldfish.gif

Old 02-11-2005, 12:21 PM

Morning. I did NOT sleep well last night. I kept having contractions and kept waking up again. Now that morning's here I have no contractions and I'm awake. Grr. I am so tired and I am so ready.

Monica - single mama to DS nono02.gifand DD blowkiss.gif

Old 02-11-2005, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyly
Morning. I did NOT sleep well last night. I kept having contractions and kept waking up again. Now that morning's here I have no contractions and I'm awake. Grr. I am so tired and I am so ready.
You poor thing, this happened to me a few times too so I know exactly how much it sucks

Old 02-11-2005, 01:13 PM

Anyone else here have no appitite? That has been me for the past week or so. When I do make myself eat, I usually feel nauseas later on (like in the middle of the night or early morning) and it will wake me up. Yuck! It's 7 am here and I can still feel the pizza I ate last night around 6 or 7 pm. What's up with that?

I have my 38 week appointment today. I'll let you all know what the OB says.

I tried to watch "The Notebook" last night, but half way through, the DVD started messing up, so I will attemp to wipe it and try again this evening. I hate watching movies that I'm really into in more than one session. Maybe I'll start it over from the beginning. Dh "tried" to watch it with me, but wasn't getting into it so he went to bed. Oh, well. His loss.

I woke up to a major leg cramp this morning (along with my nausea) I've never had leg cramps until this PG. I had to get up out of bed. I didn't want to wake up DH and scare him into thinking that it was time to go to the hospital or something.

Well, I better go for now.

I'll be thinking of you Elaina! Can't wait to hear the story and see pics!

Joy????? I hope you are enjoying your little bundle and can't wait to read an update!

Hyde: That sucks about DH. that he gets better soon and you don't have to have someone fill in for him.

Shannon: First, I can't believe you were brave enough for sex after just 17 days pp. I remember, DH and I did it for the first time 6 weeks pp and OMG it was scarey!!! (although, I did have a VB and a 2nd degree internal tear) I would start sometime of BC options if you want to wait to get PG again. Unless you just want to leave it up to fate. I've known a lot of people that get PG early pp. (especially if they are not breastfeeding) I believe it is the exclusive breastfeeding that acts as a natural birth control.

Better go for now. Take care! I'll check in later on. (Hopeing to hear from Joy)

Love, Tricia
Old 02-11-2005, 01:37 PM

Tricia - I can't eat either. I have actually lost weight this month instead of gaining. I was up to 170-ish and now I'm down to 163. My midwife said it was normal and not to worry. I just don't have room to eat anything. I will eat a small sandwich and be totally stuffed or half a bowl of soup. Plus everything I eat gives me heartburn from hell and I don't want to eat too many tums or else I might end up with the dreaded stones.

Joy - yeah, where are you? Are you okay? Have you had your baby? I'm starting to worry...it's been a couple of days since we've heard from you. I hope everything went fine with your labor and birth and that you're just baby mooning.

Well back to work. I'm trying to get little stuff done around the house. Just busy work because I'm bored out of my mind. I finished the guest bathroom yesterday and it looks amazing. I'll post some pictures later.

Old 02-11-2005, 03:11 PM

Morning all

You know you are 9 months pregnant when you are eating Haagen Dazs Mocha Almond Fudge ice cream for breakfast : Mmmm but it's so dang good!!!

Shannon: Holy toledo...sex after 17 days! You are brave woman! I didn't have sex until around 6 weeks PP and it still hurt even then! This time I'm waiting 2 months (poor hubby)

Joy: Yo! Joy! Where in the heck are you? If you haven't posted then I know you had that baby, but throw us a bone! We are all dying to know if you had a boy or a girl and the name and the weight and best of all the birth story! *She could be avoiding the computer at this time because she doesn't want her MIL to know she gave birth until she's good and ready to receive visitors. Just my thoughts on why she hasn't been on the PC yet *

Well I'm scheduled for an induction for next Friday the 18th at 6am. Let's hope nature takes over before then, but if not I'm not going to worry anymore. I've been stressed and scared for the last few months and I am just going to let it happen. The baby is probably around 10 pounds already (my guess based on a comparison on how large I was last time with my son at this time and he was 11 pounds at birth).

Everyone have a fabulous day
Old 02-11-2005, 03:33 PM

Hello mamas It has been a long time since I have posted in here. Seems I only have enough time to read (that is when I get the time to get online). Kids are usually up and, in the offchance they are all sleeping, I nap too.

Congratulations to all of the mamas that have had their babies!! Have a nice babymoon!

Shannon~With this preg, I was bf and I did not know I had ovulated.....got preg when Jack was not quite 2 mos old. It can happen.........but could it be that the lochia is totally gone now? It goes from pink to whitish, and then just regular clear discharge.

Joy~Hope everything went okay and that you are having a nice babymoon.

I have an appetite, but do not have the energy to make anything .
We have been eating PBJ sandwiches of frozen pizza for dinner for the past few weeks.

Well, Saturday I will be 39 weeks. I have been having false labor ctx for weeks, now. I have not had this before.....when I have contracted, they continue and I deliver a baby. These come REAL strong for an hour or two and then go away. I even had some that went on for more than 24 hours, every 4 mins apart. Ugh. I am 3 cm, though. My doc said that she would induce me this week. Please ladies~send me labor thoughts (both ds' were born 10 days early, naturally) so that will not happen. I HATE pitocin and I do not like the domino effect of being induced. I can have a baby with no meds and I will do it again. So anyway....

Have a lovely day ladies.

Emily SAHM to four unschoolers Olivia (9), Brian (7), Jack (6), and Liam (5)
Old 02-11-2005, 03:54 PM

I found the diaper bag I want! Oh My God, it is so cool!

Diaper Bag

It's beige 1.

Now if only I could justify spending $150 on a diaper bag........

Old 02-11-2005, 05:31 PM

That's the trick Monica, justifying the amount of money!! There are so many out there that are great, but pretty extortionate $$$$!
I got a black back pack, so the both dh and I could use it. It is great. Both arms are free, lots of compartments and storage.

Tricia, I have lost weight too. I think it is totally normal, as our stomachs are so small at the moment. My baby has dropped, and I still don't have room for any food. I can barely eat 3 small meals a day, but I do try to drink lots.

Shannon, you scared me there girl. Then I remembered that you had a c - section, but it still must be tender, around the incision area?
I don't think dh and I had sex until around the 2-3 month mark!!!, but I was still bleeding 6wks pp and my 2nd degree tears had not healed, so I'm a little different. We are trying to make up for lost time now though!!

Emily and Traci, hoping that your labours start naturally. I donot envy the induction process, but sometimes you just have to do what you have to do. Good luck to you both.

Ok, BFN XX Jasmine

Old 02-11-2005, 05:33 PM

Monica, that is a great looking diaper bag though!!

Old 02-11-2005, 05:44 PM

Monica, that is a neat diaper bag, I'm desparately trying to find out about this small WAHM company that came to one of our business womans lunch, they had a diaper bag that was just SO COOL! I of course was not pregnant at the time, it was about $75.00 but it had so many neat and usefull features and it was attractive too. Of course they hadn't pre-registered for the lunch so they weren't listed on the attendance and they only came to the one lunch so I think I'm SOL.

Jasmine, I'm not really in any pain anymore, muscles are still a little tender if I try to sit up from a laying down position without rolling on my side first, I tend to heal extremely fast, my only real problem was that I was way too dry--but since it's been a while, by the time I realized what the problem was, it was pretty much over anyway :
Old 02-11-2005, 05:51 PM

Hey, everyone - long time, no speak! I've been having computer problems, so my online time was very limited. But I have a new laptop now, and I'm back in business!

I'm 38 weeks, 5 days today. Still closed up tight, which is totally baffling to me! I've always started dilating early, so maybe I really will go past my due-date like DH has been predicting all along. But we are SO ready for this baby to come! It'll be nice to not have to pee very stinkin' hour of the night, yk?

I'm going to have to do a lot of reading to catch up with all of you who have had your babies - congrats to everyone!
Old 02-11-2005, 06:53 PM

Yeah...no go on the diaper bag. I showed it to DH who agreed that it was cool and then freaked when he saw the price. I was allowed to splurge on one thing and I did already...I spent $600 on a glider/ottoman but I'm not complaining...it's so comfy.

I just took a very long walk with DH and I've noticed that I'm starting to loose my mucous plug (or as DH calls it, my mustard plug - he can't stand the word mucous). It isn't huge chunks or anything...but I can tell what it is. Cross your fingers for me...I'm so miserably uncomfortable I am just so ready to have this boy.

Old 02-11-2005, 07:24 PM

Hmmm, huge chunks of mustard would be yucky

Any tips from the experienced mamas on how to get an infant to enjoy a bath--she screams like we're beating her whenever we try to bath her--I'm quick and can have her finished in under 5 minutes, but Steve is very slow and by the time he has her clean, she's just an emotional mess--even when I do it, it takes a good 20 min for her to calm down afterwards, I even tried today to put a couple drops of lavender in the water, but it didn't make any difference. I tried getting in the tub with her but it just made me cold (I like HOT bathes) and she was flipping out so much I was worried she'd slip away from me and bang her head. Any hope--or should I learn to live with a stinky baby?
Old 02-11-2005, 07:34 PM

Shannon - Do you have something soft for her to lay on while you bathe her? Bathing pillows for the baby IMO totally ROCK, they also have the added bonus of helping to keep the baby in one spot, as opposed to slipping and sliding all over the place. If you don't have one of these I totally recommend getting one. In the meantime you can try laying her on a folded up towel at the bottom of the bath.

Also make sure the water is warm enough - it's hard not to be paranoid about the temp but if the water is too cold the baby won't be happy. Put your elbow in to test the temp. Make sure there is enough water to keep the baby fairly submerged - if the skin is just wet but out of the water she will also be cold. You can also try laying a wet wash cloth over the belly if it is somewhat exposed - that will keep that part of her warm. If possible see about warming up the room that you bathe her in prior to the bath too.

In addition to warmth, sometimes babies startle themselves when first going into the tub and that gets them going on the unhappiness trail! Try lowering her very gently into the tub and keep a lot of skin contact while you lower her in.

Good luck! Don't worry, I promise she will learn to love her bath, sometimes it just takes a little time!

Kitty

Old 02-11-2005, 07:43 PM

Shannon, I'd get used to the baby-temp bath, and get in with her. That's how I bathe my babies - leaning over just made me feel too insecure! Just try to keep the bathroom warm, so you don't get too chilled (I'm with you, I like my baths HOT! But my little ones like to bathe with me, so I tolerate cooler baths at those times.)
Besides, once you're in the tub with her, you can nurse her WHILE you wash her - nothing more soothing than that!
Old 02-11-2005, 07:49 PM

I forgot to say (and my stupid computer better not eat my post this time!) that I like to make sure the water is deep enough for the baby to float in with just their head supported. I also use my legs as a support platform, so I can lower the baby into the water or raise them out without having to rely on my slippery hands.
You'll get it - it just takes practice! And you don't have to bathe every day, by any means - just when they start to stink, or get milk-crusties & stuff in the neck-folds
Old 02-11-2005, 07:53 PM

I always did the bath in one of those baby baths in the kitchen sink. This time I bought one of those mesh bouncey bath seats. We'll see how that works out. Whenever I tried to put the baby in the real bath tub they freaked out. All that white maybe or they feel like they're falling? Who knows.

Amy - Blessed wife to Jesse (the best dad in the world), mother of 10 on earth plus 8 in heaven.   PROUD to be a Catholic! : winner.jpg familybed2.gifhomeschool.gif

Old 02-11-2005, 08:09 PM

hee hee - diaper bag and bath talk! I guess we're experiencing a lull in the births! Except for Monica - are you next?! Love the bag, btw! Too bad it's too expensive.

Welcome back, Stell! I was wondering where you were hiding...!

I'm thinking for the diaper bag that I should look for a waist pack type of thing. How do you mamas carry a knapsack or tote when baby is in a sling? I think we'll use a knapsack for longer excursions, but for when I'm out for a few hours, I'd like to pack more lightly...

As for baths (again - not speaking from experience, but from my baby care class), I was told to wrap baby in a receiving blanket, uncover just what needs quick washing, cover up, uncover next part, etc. Or, to get in bath with baby, still with the blanket. Also makes them less slippery. Oh - and also, to not have the water lukewarm - that they can handle warmer that what most people think.

Back to practising my "surprised" look - tomorrow is my "SURPRISE!!!!" shower...
: <--how's that?
Old 02-11-2005, 08:21 PM

Speaking of diaper bags - do you think this would be big enough (for those shorter excursions I was referring to. A bigger knapsack could always be kept in the car)? I like that I can strap in my water bottle, and possibly a change pad, if it wouldn't fit inside. For capacity comparison, there's a small Sherpa version that has a 16 L capacity (this waist pack has a 10 L capacity).

User Tag List