Anyone else going to miss being pregnant? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 02-08-2005, 10:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Or is it just me?

Don't get me wrong- I can't wait to meet my little boy!

But I will also sort of miss being pregnant- as I really do love it! Even with all the worries and the sickness....it's just such a magical and short little phase in our lives.

I will miss feeling my little one wiggle inside of me and watching my belly grow. The anticipation and planning is so special too.

So is it just me? Or is anyone else already planning when to get pg again?! :LOL
#2 of 15 Old 02-08-2005, 10:30 PM

I will miss being up to 7 months pregnant, but now...I'm so uncomfortable!

Monica - single mama to DS nono02.gifand DD blowkiss.gif

#3 of 15 Old 02-08-2005, 10:31 PM

Sorry to be negative but NO I will not miss it :LOL This is my sixth time and I've done it every year and a half for the last five pregnancies! I imagine in about five years I'll miss it but not now. I think your sentiment is sweet, though and I do remember feeling that way with my first couple of babies.

Amy - Blessed wife to Jesse (the best dad in the world), mother of 10 on earth plus 8 in heaven.   PROUD to be a Catholic! : winner.jpg familybed2.gifhomeschool.gif

#4 of 15 Old 02-09-2005, 12:00 AM

Yeah, probably a first-timer thing - I've thought about that. I don't know what it's like to have a child in my life, so I'm sure my perspective will change, but I do feel right now that I will miss having my baby always protected and with me, and the special state of being pregnant.
#5 of 15 Old 02-09-2005, 12:07 AM - Thread Starter

Well, I'm a second-timer and I feel this way!
#6 of 15 Old 02-09-2005, 12:08 PM

We had seven years in between pregnancies... I've had a good pregnancy and am not sick of it (yet).

I doubt we'll have any more kids after this one, so I'm sure I'll have some sense of loss once we close that door for good.

I am really excited to meet this little one!

Dh wants to raise these two, then start adopting children when I'm back at work and our kids are older-- he wants to be a stay at home dad later in life...such a change for him, but hey, I'm willing to consider anything! (Esp. since it'll be a looong way off and a lot can happen!) He's so sweet about it, though.

susan
#7 of 15 Old 02-09-2005, 01:06 PM

Nope not one bit! :LOL

3rd time a charm? I guess, but then again I've never really enjoyed being pregnant. I love the babies but not all the work that goes into growing them
#8 of 15 Old 02-09-2005, 01:06 PM

I don't miss being pregnant this time, yet, and the last couple months I kept saying that I just really wanted my body back. I don't mean my figure (I don't have a figure ) but I mean control over my body, and normal functions. I think if breastfeeding works well this time I will not feel the urge to get pregnant again, but ask again 8 months from now....who knows!?
#9 of 15 Old 02-09-2005, 01:32 PM

I didn't think I would miss being pregnant the first time and I did. After dd was born I realized how nice it was to have her safe, warm, content, etc. in my belly. I always knew where she was, I could talk to her or touch her whenever I wanted...

Now that I'm pregnant with #2 I'm trying to enjoy every minute. We haven't decided 100% but this is most likely my last pregnancy. My hips ache, I feel huge but it's SUCH an amazing thing. If you knew you were eating your last piece of chocolate cake you'd savor every bite wouldn't you?
I think I'll miss it.
#10 of 15 Old 02-09-2005, 11:05 PM

Oh heavens no!!

During my first pg I definitely felt that way - that I was going to miss being pg, miss feeling the baby move, miss the anticipation, the attention, the gloriousness of it all. I couldn't wait to be pg again!

But I can honestly say that I am so not going to feel that way after this kid! I can't wait to not be pg anymore! :LOL True, part of it may be tied to the fact that I was so so so sick for 18 wks, then FIL died so we dealt with that, and now I'm all huge and uncomfortable and I can barely move and in pain.

At this point, I'm more than willing to call this my last pregnancy!
#11 of 15 Old 02-10-2005, 05:09 AM

yes, i'm going to miss being pregnant. having given birth twice before i know how fast pregnancy actually goes by. i feel the most confident about my body during pregnancy. it's a sweet, beautiful and unique time for me. i've really savored this pregnancy, and still am with only a few weeks to go until the due date. the cool thing is i get to trade the wonder of pregnancy in for meeting our new precious baby, so that's wonderful. i have NO such positive sentiments for giving birth. unfortunately i'm NOT looking forward to that part of this deal. oh well.
#12 of 15 Old 02-11-2005, 07:48 AM

I'm gonna miss being pregnant...I'm having my baby today and I sorta miss it all ready!!!
#13 of 15 Old 02-11-2005, 03:36 PM

I don't think I will, this time! Most of my other pregnancies were pretty comfortable compared to this one - but this time, I'm getting pretty inundated with aches, pains, difficulties, and gross discharges I can't wait to have a smaller belly & a cute nursling to hold....not to mention the awesome RACK I'm gonna have once my milk comes in :LOL
I do remember missing not having to actively *do* anything to be sure that my baby was safe & well-cared-for, though. And I always miss baby kicks - that's my absolute favorite part of being pregnant, playing "poke the baby"
#14 of 15 Old 02-11-2005, 07:17 PM

I know I will miss being pregnant. This will be my last pregnancy too so I try to really remember what it feels like when the baby squirms and kicks. With all the discomforts of pregnancy I know it will be something I will miss later on. I am excited to have a new little one and live our lives.
#15 of 15 Old 02-11-2005, 09:29 PM

I totally understand! I was a first timer and gave birth a week early...
4 nights ago!!! I always knew I loved having him close & protected and that I would somehow miss being pregnant. HOWEVER, I loooooved the feeling of putting my hand flat on the top of my belly after my water broke... and I looooooved the feeling of pushing... and I loooooved seeing his beautiful head come out and hearing his first gorgeous cries... and I looooooved learning how to breastfeed and seeing how happy I could make him. I really looooooove starting to get my figure back and being able to sleep in any position I want to. I loooooooooove my baby (before, during and ESPECIALLY after pregnancy). you will, too!

Carrie

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page