HydeParkB (Bridget) due Feb 17
Gretchen Due Feb 18
Zandersmom- Zander born Feb 11
weesej (Jen) - Emmanuel Colin born 1/13
Ekblad7+ (Amy) due Feb 20 Homebirth
kinsey43 (Kinsey) due after Feb 20
heveasoul due Feb 21, h/b with m/w
veggiemommy (Holly), due Feb 21
mehndimama (Stell)- Robert Kenneth Evans Michelsen born Feb 12 unassisted homebirth
Emmama-Liam Joseph born Feb 12
Mainemon (Susan) due Feb 23 homebirth w/midwife
earthmama007 Hannah Ruth born Feb 16
Mama2Chloe (Tricia)-Sofia Rose born Feb 18
Threeforme2005 (Traci) due Feb 25
artgirl (Kelly) #2 Feb. 26
munki'sMom (Tammy), baby #2 due Feb 26
woolfairy (Elle) due Feb 27, baby #2 homebirth
Maprilynne (Aprilynne) due Feb 28, birth center
KateSt. Late Feb. Homebirth
4Given (Stacey) due end of Feb
#2 of 127 Old 02-14-2005, 10:35 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yay! I get to start this thread!!! I'd like to get the roll call up to date. I'll be working on that this morning. I'll try to make it all pretty too. Take care everyone and Happy Valentine's Day!!!

Love, Tricia
#3 of 127 Old 02-14-2005, 10:49 AM

Morning. I've been having contractions pretty steadily for 24 hours now and nothing seems to have happened yet. They're anywhere from 5 - 20 minutes apart and just won't set up into a pattern. I called my midwife last night and let her know (I had several that were only 3-6 minutes apart) and to give her a heads up. I'm going to call her in a few minutes and let her know that nothing's happening yet. I was very disappointed to hear that I may not get the birthing pool. I guess the woman who is due tomorrow hasn't had her baby yet and she has the pool at her house. I'm kind of mad because my midwife said she was just going to keep it with her since we were both due around the same time instead of giving it to either of us. I'm also a little bothered because she was supposed to be coming to my house for prenatal checks and she hasn't called me in two weeks. I'm going to have to talk to her about it when I call her in a few. If it was such a problem for her to come to me, I would have gladly gone to her to save her the trip. I really don't like that fact that I'm going without prenatal care at this point in my pregnancy.

Well I'm going to try and eat something. I'm not hungry, but I know I should eat something....I also need to drink so RRL tea. Maybe that will help kick things into gear. HOpe you all have a good day today. Cross your fingers for me or say a prayer. These sleepless nights are starting to really get to me and I'm really emotional now.

Oh, and happy Valentine's Day!

Monica - single mama to DS nono02.gifand DD blowkiss.gif

#4 of 127 Old 02-14-2005, 11:09 AM

I'm sending you strong labor vibes!!!

Homeschooling mom to four kids, ages 18, 18, 10, and 6. 

#5 of 127 Old 02-14-2005, 11:24 AM

Hey Mamas. Yet another week is starting. Hope that we don't get too anxious. I know it is hard, especially as we want to meet our little ones, and outside influences donot help at all.
My MIL called twice yesterday and came over to the house twice. We usually see her once a week or less and speak to her about that too. I did manage to avoid her calls and trips, I was out once and asleep the second time.
She is just so nervous about this baby. Why can't they tell me when it will come?
When do I think it will come? Do I think it will be at the weekend?
She was 2 1/2 wks overdue with both of hers, so you would think that she has a clue, but I guess not.
Anyway, didn't want to moan ( but I did ) guess I have no one else who understands my pain at the moment!!

Tricia, thanks for starting the thread.
How is the constipation going? Have you tried flaxseed sprinkled on cereal, or anything for that matter. Wheatgerm is also a good one too, but flax works well and is really great for you too.

Ok, I have to run. We are going to a Toddler Valentine Party. Should be a blast!!

XXX Jasmine

Me and Dh partners.gif, Dd1bouncy.gif  Dd2dust.gif,Ds1joy.gif, 2flowerkitty.gif, 2hamster.jpgand lots of goldfish.gif

#6 of 127 Old 02-14-2005, 11:36 AM - Thread Starter

Ella: I'm doing pretty good. I did end up taking Metamusil (spelling) a couple times yesterday. I've been sprinkling Wheat germ on my oatmeal in the mornings for the past couple days. I do feel a lot better, though not completly regular, but can't complain at this point in PG. At least I'm not stopped up.

For some reason, I can't get the bold off of the names from rose angel to Coopsmama. I'll keep working on it. Please let me know if I need to do anymore birth updates.

I'm just taking it easy today. Maybe do some light cleaning. I'll check back in throughout the day. Take care all!

Love, Tricia
#7 of 127 Old 02-14-2005, 11:37 AM

Monica -- birthing vibes to you! Perhaps if your babe comes today, you'll have an excuse to LOVE Valentine's Day!

Jasmine -- I hear ya on the phone calls! My MIL calls 3 times a week and just this weekend I received calls from both SIL's, my parents, and 2 other "well-meaning" people. I remember when my SIL was "due" and though I was thinking about her, I made a point NOT to call because I knew other people were and I didn't want to add to that pressure. I wish everyone else understood that. I'm trying to tell myself that they're calling because they love me and are excited -- but it is sort of getting on my nerves. I should have told everyone I was due in April!!

Tricia -- thanks for starting the thread!

computergeek2.gif  Spirit Baby Intuitive (and really cool chick)

#8 of 127 Old 02-14-2005, 12:39 PM - Thread Starter

Sadkitty had her little baby boy! She posted on the birth story thread. Congrats!
#9 of 127 Old 02-14-2005, 03:42 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Good morning! Well afternoon almost! Just done with appt with my midwife. All is well. Baby sounds good. It's just comfy in there!! Hope this is the week but we'll see. Hope all is well with everyone else. I am tired. Going to try to catch a nap. I was up till almost 2am.

Monica ~ Sending you labor vibes!! I hope this is it!!

Congratulations Sadkitty!! Enjoy your babymoon!!

Life is to be enjoyed...not just endured!
#10 of 127 Old 02-14-2005, 03:56 PM

Hi all just subscribing.

Monica-hope this is the real thing for you. Come on baby!!! That really stinks about the pool I am in the almost exact situation.

I am at 38wk 3 days and so many people are already asking me if I had the baby yet. At least it isn't multiple phone calls though, probably because they don't want to pay for the LD call.
#11 of 127 Old 02-14-2005, 04:13 PM

Just subscribing...Zander has the hiccups!!!
#12 of 127 Old 02-14-2005, 04:19 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZandersMom
Just subscribing...Zander has the hiccups!!!
It is so cute to see your little baby with the hiccups after feeling the hiccups during the PG.
#13 of 127 Old 02-14-2005, 04:25 PM

Monica - drag about the tub. Hope it makes its way to your place and things start for you soon. Happy Valentine's Day! Like Kate said, this will give you something to love about V-day!

Tricia - there must be a /B/ before rose angel and a //B/ (actually "[" and "]" surrounding those tags, but if I type them, you won't see them, but you will see bolded text) after (Kristen). Delete them - that should do it. Looks pretty - love seeing the pink and blue tally!!

No much going on here. I have had NO B-H, although yesterday evening I felt almost crampy, and uncomfortable. Went to bed early and everything feels normal today. Taking it easy - my mom and I did so much last week and the week before...it's a freezing rain, cold day, so it's a good one to laze around!

Dh and I finally revisited the name topic...we hit an impass months ago, and hadn't discussed it since. Funny thing is, I have been thinking boy throughout most of my pregnancy, but I have had a hard time coming up with boy names I like. Girl names? oh - about 7 on the list...! Anyway, no, not ready to share...
#14 of 127 Old 02-14-2005, 04:45 PM

Subscribing
Congratualtions new mamas!
#15 of 127 Old 02-14-2005, 04:53 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks Christine! I fixed it! I almost gave up. It was getting the bold from the babies Edward to William.

It's supposed to rain here as well. I don't really have anything planned to do today, so I'm kinda bored for the first time in ages. There are a few things in the house that I can clean, but not much. Cleaning and my projects have been my life lately and now I don't know what to do. Maybe Dh and I will watch a movie or something. It is nice to have him off work today. He tests tomorrow for his promotion so he is taking it easy today.

I'll check in later. Love, Tricia
#16 of 127 Old 02-14-2005, 04:54 PM
tug

subscribing! congratulations to all of you new mothers! Kitty with Nigel, Lianne with Allen, Joy with Dominic, Kimba with Lucinda, Lisa with Gavin, and Stell with your little boy! yay!

happy valentine's day everybody else!

my sister leaves today, so i am a little sad. she has been fun to have around and a lot of help.

all is well with little mia. we're getting a bit more sleep as her sleeping cycle becomes more of a pattern.

terenia
#17 of 127 Old 02-14-2005, 05:49 PM

I haven't a clue how many moms have given birth in the last 3 days, but I wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS to all of you!!!!

The cable company totally fubar'd my cable connection Saturday afternoon when they went to bury the cable drop in my back yard. They were supposed to come right back and fix it but because they are morons they didn't come back until this morning *GROWL* So I was offline from then until now with no internet, no TV and no phone (we have Vonage). I wasn't pleased at all with them because look at all the action I missed!

I went to the spa this morning and had an hour long facial and a brow wax done. Thursday I go back for a haircut/highlight/and style. Mind as well use up my gift cert. and pamper myself before the baby comes. I may actually feel up for pictures on Friday in the hospital :LOL

Well I need to run. Everyone have an awesome day
#18 of 127 Old 02-14-2005, 07:41 PM

Just checking in!

Congratulations to our new Mommies.....and Easy Labor Vibes to those in waiting!!!

Gavin is nursing here. He is already past his birth weight...gaining weight like crazy!
#19 of 127 Old 02-14-2005, 07:58 PM

Hello all, I had written a long post but then my internet connection crapped out and I lost it!
The weather here SUCKS today, freezing rain, all day, everywhere around us it turned to rain by 11:00 am, but here--no freaking way, we ended up having all the daycare dogs spend the night when the second sand truck went into the ditch in front of our house--yeah, I'm just dying to go out on the roads with no 4x4 in this crap--gee dh, remind me again why we don't need 4 wheel drive living in the boonies???
Molly is fussy as all get out today, my neck is killing me because the only way she stopps crying is if she's nestled into my neck putting it at a very strange angle--but at least she's resting! We're still playing with formula here, we've gone back to the concentrated liquid as I realized that the projectile vomitting that happens roughly 3 times a day began when we switched to powdered formula--same kind and all, it's not supposed to make a difference, but we're going to try the liquid again anyway. I know everyone breast feeds, but does anyone know if liquid vs powder causes any difference??
Well, off to make dinner and I think a chocolate cake--had some at heve's shower and now I want more
#20 of 127 Old 02-14-2005, 08:09 PM

Hi everyone. I talked to my midwife and explained that I'm disappointed with the care that I've received. Hopefully things will change. DH and I are going up to Raleigh tomorrow for an appointment so that she won't be inconvenienced by coming all the way out here. I went and bought a pool today. It's only 22" deep and it's pretty big (90" diameter) but we aren't breaking it out in case I don't go until later and I can get the other pool. My midwife also said that it sounds like I'm in prodromal labor. Considering the fact that my mother was in prodromal labor for 10 days with me I'm really not surprised. It still doesn't make things any better, but she did tell me to take two tylenol PMs and try to get some sleep. I did that and got a little sleep this afternoon. It wasn't as interupted as the past two nights and I feel a little more rested now.

So I probably won't have the baby for some time yet. I've been officially ordered not to have the baby tomorrow because my parents are getting their female dog fixed and she's coming up here with them. No prob dad, I'll just sit here and labor a little longer so you can bring your stupid dog...

As for the phone calls, everyone is calling now. I feel like a watched pot that isn't ever going to boil. Maybe that's why I'm having the prodromal labor. My parents call at least once a day and other various friends and family members have been calling all day, every day for the past week or so. It's getting annoying. I'm going to have DH tell everyone to stop calling, we'll call them. We've tried to be nice about it, but that isn't working so we're going to have to just unplug the phones...lol. :LOL

Hope everyone had a nice day. I'm off to make some dinner and try to eat. I have absolutely NO appetite...although I will admit I tucked into the chocolate with no problems. Have a nice evening and I'll update again tomorrow.

Love the colors Tricia...it's crazy how much pink and blue there is on there now.

#21 of 127 Old 02-14-2005, 09:41 PM

Hey ladies. Just checking in.

Dh is cooking a yummy dinner, crab cakes, smoked salmon, lamb chops, shitake mush with red wine, pierogies and veggies.
He also bought me a gorgeous bunch of flowers and a goody basket with lavender foam bath, soaps, teas and chocolates. Yumm. I am feeling spoiled tonight.

I have been having loads of very painful groin ligament pains accompianied with contractions. They were at about 5 mins apart for an hour, but have lessened considerably. The ligament pains are an absolute killer. Anyone else have them?
I go to my mw tomorrow, I am sure that the baby is way down now, so maybe I won't even make it there!!

Monica, good luck with your appt tomorrow. I am sorry about the care that you have been getting.
Unplugging the phones, that sounds like a plan!!

Me and Dh partners.gif, Dd1bouncy.gif  Dd2dust.gif,Ds1joy.gif, 2flowerkitty.gif, 2hamster.jpgand lots of goldfish.gif

#22 of 127 Old 02-14-2005, 10:00 PM

Wow Jasmine!! can I trade dh's with you?? I got to have a quick shower that didn't involve a baby in the bouncey seat, but that's pretty much the extent of our valentines day activity
Monica, good for you standing up to your midwife, did she provide a reason she's been less than helpful lately??
#23 of 127 Old 02-15-2005, 12:39 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ella-makes-3
Dh is cooking a yummy dinner, crab cakes, smoked salmon, lamb chops, shitake mush with red wine, pierogies and veggies.
He also bought me a gorgeous bunch of flowers and a goody basket with lavender foam bath, soaps, teas and chocolates. Yumm. I am feeling spoiled tonight.
OMG!!! That is so romantic! It sounds soooo good! My dh doesn't even know how to cook. He did bring me a big box of chocolates. He knows the way to my heart! The goodie basket sounds heavenly!

Sorry to hear about your midwife probs, Monica! Good for you for sticking up for yourself. Too bad you have to go to her though. You'd think that she would be coming to you at this point.
#24 of 127 Old 02-15-2005, 01:07 AM

This is off topic, but for anyone from the TTC boards, or anybody else who is an Adina fan, check out this website
http://homepage.mac.com/garyfranz/ad...ryThusFar.html
#25 of 127 Old 02-15-2005, 10:39 AM

I got a little bit of sleep last night. I still woke up every half hour or so conctracting, but I'm getting a little better at falling asleep right after them so it was more restful. Perhaps the tylenol PM was what helped. It's supposed to be in the 70s today and I'm waiting for the fog to lift so I can get dressed and take the dog for a walk around the neighborhood. I didn't walk at all yesterday because of the rain and I've been walking fairly regularly now. I'm hoping that will get things moving.

I've gotten some comments and responses from members here and at another forum I frequent telling me that they've been through this too. It helps to know I'm not the only one and that this is indeed labor instead of me just hoping it's labor. I was starting to wonder if I was psychosomatically tricking myself into false labor because I want this baby so badly...but I'll tell you these damn things aren't false. No way.

I'm not even asking for hopes, fingers crossed, or prayers that this progresses. I've changed the message on the answering machine to say I am still pregnant, I'm still having contractions. It's called prodromal labor and it can last for days. I'm starting to feel like a watched pot, so Chris will call you when I start to boil. Leave a message if you want to and I might call you back. I've switched the machine to automatic pickup. I'm not answering the phone today or ever again.

Hope you all have a good day and that labor gets started for those of you who are left.

Monica

#26 of 127 Old 02-15-2005, 11:43 AM

Morning all

I had a nice Valentines Day yesterday. DH got me roses and calla lillies and a custom box of dark chocolates from See's candies. (1/2 are gone already...shhhhhh) :LOL I got pampered at the spa yesterday and he took me out for a nice lunch. I'm feeling relaxed today and I'm ready for this baby

Today is my last OB appointment. She is going to check my cervix for the first and only time. I'm getting nervous because I know the end is near.

I talked to Joy for a few minutes on the phone yesterday and it was wild to hear her baby crying in the background. One day you're pregnant and the next you have a baby in your arms. Pretty cool

So who's having a baby today?
#27 of 127 Old 02-15-2005, 12:20 PM - Thread Starter

Monica: I saw on the guessing your due date thread that your due date is tomorrow. Do we have it wrong on the beginning on the thread? It has you at 21 Feb. Good luck to you and I do hope that labor finds you soon. The wait during the last bit is sooo hard! Just remember, babies are never "late", they are never "early", they always come when they want to. Take care and try to rest. Your little one will be here soon.

DH has his test today. I'm making him a big breakfast of bacon and eggs. I'm sticking to my oatmeal, as that has been a combination that has been working for me the past few days.

I have to go grocery shopping today : Not my favorite thing to do, but at least that will be out of the way for when Mom and Bobbi arrive tomorrow. I'm so excited that they will be here!!! I haven't seen Mom since Thanksgiving and Bobbi since last year, February.

I got my floors mopped and everything dusted yesterday (along with wipping down the doors and deep freezer and crazy obsesive things like that) Today, I'll get to the bathrooms and vaccuming the house. That's my plan. I'll talk to you all later.

Love, Tricia
#28 of 127 Old 02-15-2005, 12:26 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Good morning ladies! I got some okay sleep last night. Besides having to pee a million times. At least I was able to get right back to sleep. Dh has been so good at letting me sleep in, even if it is only an extra 30 minutes. He gets up and gets ds ready for school.
Anyway... Monica I totally hear you on the feeling like a watched pot thing. My due date was yesterday and I am sure I said "Yes... I am still pregnant" about 500 times!! It just gets old. No one wants this baby out more than I do... People tell me they are getting impatient and just want the baby here... Like they need to tell me that!! It's just obnoxious!! I always go over due so they ought to know what to expect!! It's hard to keep happy and upbeat when you have someone reminding you that you still haven't had a baby yet!!

Anywhoooo...Ella, that was so sweet of your dh. Mine did bring me flowers which are beautiful and my mom came and cooked dinner for my family. I am so not in the mood to cook lately!! Dh and the boys were sooooo glad that grandma came!!

Anyway, I better go. I need to get some things straitened up and another load of laundry done, just in case this is "the day" I really hope the baby is ready to come soon!!

Take care all you mamas and labor vibes to all of us waiting!!

Life is to be enjoyed...not just endured!
#29 of 127 Old 02-15-2005, 12:38 PM

Yeah, my due date's wrong on the list. It was 16 Feb, then changed to 17 Feb, then changed to 21 Feb, and we're back to 16 Feb again. I guess I just forgot to have it changed.

I'm trying to get motivated to clean, but besides the usual surface cleaning I do each morning I don't think anything is going to be done today. In fact I think I'm going to try and take a nap in a few.

#30 of 127 Old 02-15-2005, 12:46 PM

Hi everyone! Long time no see!!! Welcome all the new babies. I am dying to go back and read all those thread pages from last week and this, it's raining babies here!!!!

Thank you all for the congrats and welcomes to my new baby. I have been enjoying my babymoon, and nursing nonstop so this is my first time online since my c-sec!!

He arrived safe and sound this past Wednesday and is healthy, thriving, and doing great.

He was 10 lbs 9 oz, 22 1/2" AND get this... he was a double footling breech. Phew.... I guess any shred of doubt we had over going the planned c-section vs. VBAC route was blown out the window when hearing that! I am VERY happy I followed my insticts and scheduled that c-sec when I did.

He nursed for 45 min in the recovery room, roomed in with me, and has been pretty much nursing ever since. My milk came in on day 2-3 but he's a big boy with big milk needs and so is still working hard to increase my supply.

I am taking Fenugreek, eating oatmeal, drinking water, and wearing him skin-to-skin constantly. The last 2 evenings I've been in formula-freak-out mode (as in, 2 seconds away from running to the grocery store to buy a can of Similac and bottles ) as he would have just emptied both breasts and I'm sitting there PRAYING he stays asleep so my milk supply builds back a little bit. He seems so hungry all the time. Our peds appt is tomorrow and I'm worried he won't have gained enough weight.

Anyway, other than worrying that my milk supply is a day behind my big boy, we are both healthy and doing great!

I promise to catch up with everyone as soon as possible!!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page